Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson
      13 (12.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      8 (7.8%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      71 (69.6%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: May 16, 2019 04:49:50 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23127 times
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: May 13, 2019 02:55:23 am
      Actually didn’t feel as devastated as I expected. It’s just absurd. Imagine saying in August we’ll get 97 points. Oh btw, we’ll  finish 2nd tho. All you can do is laugh, and be glad we’re in a great place with a brilliant team and manager. They deserve to win in Madrid and I’m confident we will.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #438: May 13, 2019 07:00:29 am
      Team has performed brilliantly this season. All that is missing is the Premier League trophy.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #439: May 13, 2019 07:08:05 am
      Don't think we'll ever see a Liverpool team get 97 points again.  So I hope that many points isn't needed next year!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #440: May 13, 2019 07:55:00 am
      So damn close was great atmosphere despite the fact we knew it was over long before it was , how cute is Salah,s little girl .

Was good to catch up with Kenny off the forum ,the way the team was supported yesterday you’d have thought we won it , it’s onwards for this team keep the bulk of this squad and a few quality additions and we really are on the verge of great things to come ,
      Onwards to Madrid let’s take the pain of last year and this into the game and leave it all out there before the summer jollies,
      Proud of our team not many teams will ever average over 2.5 points a game and come second ,
      Well done to city they put together one hell of a run to topple us which only a team like that was capable of
      Finally wish the team a great summer , and all of you and let’s come back next season knowing exactly what it will take to finally get there as under The Boss I’m sure we will .
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #441: May 13, 2019 08:05:25 am
      Need make sure we finish off in style now in Madrid. No more final losses. Spurs are a quick counter attacking team but we simply need this more. To be champions of Europe even guardiola be jealous.

I hope we invest heavily in the  summer and push on. When you look at the Arab Emirates United bench you can see they have strength in depth. Our bench is a lot weaker. They will strengthen big time so we must do same. I hope we're not top at xmas next year bit of a jinx for us. Even our draws we had more than enough chances to win those games. Chelsea we battered away. Leicester the ball was sticking in the snow. That game should been postponed that night. Anyway great season not over yet we so need this trophy on June 1.Wont be easy as spurs have been like lazurus in every match they played from the group stage. They think there name is on the cup. They not give up. We just need it more. Roll on madrid and thanks to all at Lfc who gave us such pleasure this season. We be back.
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2019 09:16:22 am by JD »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #442: May 13, 2019 09:33:53 am
      Brighton sack Chris Houghton a bit late for us but if stories of his players partying this week are true he deserves it and the club should also face some sanctions.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #443: May 13, 2019 09:48:58 am
      Brighton sack Chris Houghton a bit late for us but if stories of his players partying this week are true he deserves it and the club should also face some sanctions.
      Three nights in a row.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #444: May 13, 2019 10:11:14 am
      The morning after I'm not as gutted as I thought I'd be maybe it's because we've got Madrid to come.
      I was also thinking if Leicester had drew with City would we have put that performance in against Barca? I don't think so, not saying we'd have threw the towel in but Jürgen could have rested and a few and the natural reaction of the players would have been to have one eye on Wolves especially at 3-0 down.
      I was more gutted in 13/14 as I thought that was our one and only chance with Suarez then leaving, now we are at the top table we are up with best in Europe and would have been more than worthy Champions. I just hope we trump those City rat bags and become Champions of Europe
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #445: May 13, 2019 10:45:12 am
      another confirmation of how we get the job done. After the incredible effort on Tuesday playing in a game they new would not really effect the outcome of the title the lads still did their job well. If somehow we could sprinkle just a tiny bit of magic into this team we will be unstoppable . That magic may well be here maybe its Shaq or Ox or the Naby or maybe some young kid is going to take the league apart next season.
      Whatever happens under Jurgens guidance we will once again make improvements next season that's a given

Those 3 names right there are going to make such a difference next season, we saw glimpses of shaq & naby this season, and the OX will be champing at the bit to get going again.

Origi has a new lease of life as well, add to that maybe 1 or 2 new faces and some young lads like brewster being promoted we have cracking balance in the squad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #446: May 13, 2019 10:52:45 am

That must have been the goalie and Murray who I thought were both shocking yesterday, they were good goals from Citeh but a better goalie would have saved at least a few of them, especially the first one for Aguero and the free kick from Gundogan, where the goalie wasn't even in the middle of his goal. The header from Murray was about the only good thing that lad did, other than that he gave the ball away time after time.
      Anyway City probably would have won anyway but it is irritating to read that the Brighton players took such a relaxed attitude to the game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #447: May 13, 2019 11:17:27 am
      That must have been the goalie and Murray who I thought were both shocking yesterday, they were good goals from Citeh but a better goalie would have saved at least a few of them, especially the first one for Aguero and the free kick from Gundogan, where the goalie wasn't even in the middle of his goal. The header from Murray was about the only good thing that lad did, other than that he gave the ball away time after time.
      Anyway City probably would have won anyway but it is irritating to read that the Brighton players took such a relaxed attitude to the game.

That Duffy is useless too. He was at fault for the winner City got in the FA Cup. He was invisible yesterday
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #448: May 13, 2019 11:20:00 am
      That Duffy is useless too. He was at fault for the winner City got in the FA Cup. He was invisible yesterday
      That's duffy who is a self confessed Everton supporter and x player
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #449: May 13, 2019 11:43:15 am

Murray might have been useless but him scoring gave Allison the Golden Glove, so not all bad eh.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #450: May 13, 2019 12:07:12 pm

Let's not get into the business of pointing fingers at other teams and looking for scapegoats. Such a charge is pretty much impossible to quantify or prove. We have nothing to be ashamed of, but in the end, teams win their own championships and as brilliant as we have been, City were one point better. It makes us look a bit small if we're wringing our hands over the likes of Brighton.

barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #451: May 13, 2019 12:09:00 pm
      Murray might have been useless but him scoring gave Allison the Golden Glove, so not all bad eh.
      True he was very good yesterday. Been just so much nicer just to lift that fkn gleaming trophy on a sunny day on 30th Anniversary of Hillsborough and to finally get our first  trophy for 7 years. When look back over last few games city had the United game where united could been two up at half time and linguard misses a sitter after the break. Then the spurs match how hell did spurs not take at least one of about five clear openings they had. Even leicester they didn't look likely. Its just so frustrating but immensely proud. Just a mixture of emotions today. That's two leagues and a league cup they snatched from us. Anyway what an amazing ride we had.One massive push now and hopefully a fully match fit Bobby firmino makes the final.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #452: May 13, 2019 12:19:44 pm
      Fair play to city  yes a lot of teams seemed beaten before the start and sum even didn't start there best starting 11 against them but on other hand to get 42 points out of 42 is staggering by them. Madness to think next season probably take 100 points to win the league. If these Arabs zillionaires had not of come into this league we would had a couple leagues already and at least one cup. Anyway June 1st will be a night to remember surely  that even the Arabs cannot buy.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #453: May 13, 2019 12:28:35 pm

Let's not get into the business of pointing fingers at other teams and looking for scapegoats. Such a charge is pretty much impossible to quantify or prove. We have nothing to be ashamed of, but in the end, teams win their own championships and as brilliant as we have been, City were one point better. It makes us look a bit small if we're wringing our hands over the likes of Brighton.

erm I would have thought it would be pretty easy to prove players were out partying and boozing, a little thing called witnesses, cctv etc.

As I said I think City would have won the match anyway but it has been quite irritating seeing team after team more or less give up before they even step onto the pitch with City. In all seriousness if you compare how teams up their games against us to what they do against City then its annoying, but all it means is that we have to become as dominant and intimidating as City currently are.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #454: May 13, 2019 01:04:48 pm
      Once we get our first piece of silverware watch us win a sh*t load more. Bit like old whiskey snout took a few years to win anything. It just getting that first fkn trophy is proving problematic. To think that in 3 weeks today that beautiful European trophy could be paraded around Liverpool. That would be something pep would swap all his trophies for. It's the one every top player yearns. Just have to win the fkn thing and fix this klopp final jinx on same night.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #455: May 13, 2019 01:29:23 pm
      Fantastic season hopefully to be capped off with no.6!!

We played some wonderful football and the performances were something else.  Any other season 97 points wins you the league.

Can't wait for next season to start.

Well done lads   :clap: :clap:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #456: May 13, 2019 03:33:10 pm
      erm I would have thought it would be pretty easy to prove players were out partying and boozing, a little thing called witnesses, cctv etc.

As I said I think City would have won the match anyway but it has been quite irritating seeing team after team more or less give up before they even step onto the pitch with City. In all seriousness if you compare how teams up their games against us to what they do against City then its annoying, but all it means is that we have to become as dominant and intimidating as City currently are.

1. Listen to yourself. You want to access CCTV to document who from another team was out partying the week of a match. All because you are "irritated "

2. What rule, by partying,  were they breaking again?

3. What I'm saying is hard to prove is that they laid down, didn't try or whatever .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #457: May 13, 2019 03:38:58 pm
      Brighton were always gonna get beat by City whether they were drunk for 3 days or not. Good grief some embarrassing posts in this thread.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #458: May 13, 2019 03:46:39 pm
      Fantastic season hopefully to be capped off with no.6!!

We played some wonderful football and the performances were something else.  Any other season 97 points wins you the league.

Can't wait for next season to start.

Well done lads   :clap: :clap:
      Well I don't want to tempt fate by saying yes we win number 6. I did that last year so just hoping. Spurs on there day can be good or bad though there bound to be up for a European final. How they have scraped themselves off the floor from the group stage. Even there knockout matches bar one went to away goals. So they have had too much luck already. I'm hoping our experience of last year will count for something. I'd preferred ajax spurs be a bit more unpredictable. Very good or very ordinary. I can't wait. Just pity it's 3 weeks to go.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #459: May 13, 2019 03:59:12 pm
      1. Listen to yourself. You want to access CCTV to document who from another team was out partying the week of a match. All because you are "irritated "

2. What rule, by partying,  were they breaking again?

3. What I'm saying is hard to prove is that they laid down, didn't try or whatever .

erm what?? You said it was hard to prove and I just said its easy to prove. I don't actually think it would have made any difference if Brighton had been super focussed on this match, City would still have beaten them, but it is annoying to hear players start celebrating etc before the final match of the season, the Wolves players certainly didn't!

Quick Reply