Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson
      13 (12.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      8 (7.8%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      71 (69.6%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: May 16, 2019 04:49:50 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23132 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: May 13, 2019 04:01:45 pm
      Brighton were always gonna get beat by City whether they were drunk for 3 days or not. Good grief some embarrassing posts in this thread.

who says that they weren't, but its still sh*t that they did, it made City's job even easier than it might have been BUT I AGREE CITY WOULD STILL HAVE WON., OK clear enough for you now?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #461: May 13, 2019 04:03:17 pm
      Well I don't want to tempt fate by saying yes we win number 6. I did that last year so just hoping. Spurs on there day can be good or bad though there bound to be up for a European final. How they have scraped themselves off the floor from the group stage. Even there knockout matches bar one went to away goals. So they have had too much luck already. I'm hoping our experience of last year will count for something. I'd preferred ajax spurs be a bit more unpredictable. Very good or very ordinary. I can't wait. Just pity it's 3 weeks to go.

Ajax were massively unpredictable and in my opinion much more dangerous than Spurs. If Ajax had not taken the foot off the pedal in that second half then they would have won easily, they showed immaturity there.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #462: May 13, 2019 04:10:27 pm
      erm what?? You said it was hard to prove and I just said its easy to prove. I don't actually think it would have made any difference if Brighton had been super focussed on this match, City would still have beaten them, but it is annoying to hear players start celebrating etc before the final match of the season, the Wolves players certainly didn't!

You have no idea what the Wolves players did the week before the match. come to think of it, same is true re the Brighton players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #463: May 13, 2019 11:47:15 pm
      What a season of ups and downs that was. Epitomised by 90 minutes of football on the final day.

Was with the Sydney LFC branch for the game and when Mane/Brighton scored it was bedlam. I have a bruised rib from the celebrations and limbs flying everywhere. Our chances ended as soon as they started thanks to Aguero but in years gone past that would've dampened the mood of a crowd - be it in the pub or at the ground - but the place was rocking as soon as half-time came about.

The City game got switched off and we focused on ourselves. Singing, chanting, drinking and dancing at 2am on a Monday morning because the lads made us feel special - from first whistle to last.

Some might look back on this season as an opportunity missed but when you score 97 points, lose one game all season, have the best attackers, defender/player and keeper in the league you can only say kudos to City on having to assemble the most expensive, illegal squad of all time just to pip us by a point.

Up the Reds. On to Madrid.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #464: May 14, 2019 12:15:37 am
      If I was Chris Hughton I'd be pretty pissed if the players were out unless he was with them, in which case I'd be pissed if I ran the club.
      It raises an interesting point though, do other teams not show up against city.

I thought teams had us rumbled a bit earlier in the season and the end of last season. Sit deep, don't give the front three space and hit us on counter or set pieces. With Van Dijk, Alisson and a midfield tweak we have overcome that, we are harder to hit on the counter and more creativity from midfield and fullbacks, plus set pieces are better (at both ends). However, I have noticed teams really have a go at us. Do they do that to city or is City's still a bit harder to stifle? I hope the tacticians come back with a blueprint to counter city other than just pray FFP helps out because it won't.

Personally I think City are poor at the back and will suffer from a well organised press. I also think no team of superstars likes to work too hard. Alternatively you wait until the team needs revamping and then make your title push, unfortunately by then we may need the same.

I think next year might be a really good time for us. I don't know whom we need in the window. Danny, Moreno and Migs are probably surplus. Moreno we need to replace, but Brewster or Woodburn might be a natural fit for Danny. Migs just look depressed on the bench.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #465: May 14, 2019 12:33:54 am
      Migs just look depressed on the bench

We were all depressed when he wasn't on the bench!!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #466: May 14, 2019 02:59:50 am
      We were all depressed when he wasn't on the bench!!

Bloody hell! He always had one clanger in him, add Lovren and/or Skertl into that and the phrase 'we'll get our chance' must have been plastered on the wall in the visitors changing room.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #467: May 14, 2019 04:30:21 am
      It's taken me a day and a half to come back onto the Forum. Still shattered, disconsolate and depressed, that after the record breaking season we had, it still wasn't F***ing enough!! Unfuckingbelievable...ju st our sh*t luck, I tell ya we are cursed....well it feels like that anyways!

First off for The Wolves game, well done lads, you made that look pretty comfortable. Unbelievable achievement to go through 2 complete League Seasons and not get beat at home. Love Fortress Anfield.

On to the Season. So proud of our lads, Jürgen, the support staff, the tea ladies and of course us the Fans for an absolute amazing season. You brought us so much joy and a plethora of worldie moments that we will never forget. So a big Thankyou to you all.

For me there were 2 stand out moments that cost us winning the League:  :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

Firstly this F***ing moment:

:f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

and Secondly:

That Fat F**k, useless piece of sh*t, good for nothing, log of a c**t Harry F***ing Maguire from Leicester not even attempting to close that c**t Kompany down but instead standing there like the fat F**k he is and moving his head towards one side to avoid getting hit in the face from Kompany's rocket! Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rkkkkkkkkkkkk :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:

As you can tell, I'm just a wee bit bitter and angry, let's just hope we get Number 6 in Madrid to take some of this pain away!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #468: May 14, 2019 08:12:50 am
      It's taken me a day and a half to come back onto the Forum. Still shattered, disconsolate and depressed, that after the record breaking season we had, it still wasn't f**king enough!! Unfuckingbelievable...ju st our sh*t luck, I tell ya we are cursed....well it feels like that anyways!

First off for The Wolves game, well done lads, you made that look pretty comfortable. Unbelievable achievement to go through 2 complete League Seasons and not get beat at home. Love Fortress Anfield.

On to the Season. So proud of our lads, Jürgen, the support staff, the tea ladies and of course us the Fans for an absolute amazing season. You brought us so much joy and a plethora of worldie moments that we will never forget. So a big Thankyou to you all.

For me there were 2 stand out moments that cost us winning the League:  :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

Firstly this f**king moment:

:f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

and Secondly:

That Fat F**k, useless piece of sh*t, good for nothing, log of a c**t Harry F***ing Maguire from Leicester not even attempting to close that C**t Kompany down but instead standing there like the fat f**k he is and moving his head towards one side to avoid getting hit in the face from Kompany's rocket! Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rkkkkkkkkkkkk :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:

As you can tell, I'm just a wee bit bitter and angry, let's just hope we get Number 6 in Madrid to take some of this pain away!
      A wee bit bitter ;D. You forgot to mention kompany not getting sent off when salah was going clean through. Aguero shot 2mm over the line v burnley. Anyway we have lost our last 4 cup finals so this one it's time to win. Cannot afford to lose another. Klopp jinx in finals has to end. F**k the summer will be unbearable if he don't. 2-1 win for us.
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2019 08:53:43 am by barney73 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #469: May 14, 2019 09:00:38 am
      It's taken me a day and a half to come back onto the Forum. Still shattered, disconsolate and depressed, that after the record breaking season we had, it still wasn't f**king enough!! Unfuckingbelievable...ju st our sh*t luck, I tell ya we are cursed....well it feels like that anyways!

We do have a habit of putting in a great league season in precisely the wrong years.  Done this in the season that Leicester won the league and we'd have probably won it in February!

Was with the Sydney LFC branch for the game and when Mane/Brighton scored it was bedlam. I have a bruised rib from the celebrations and limbs flying everywhere.

Ha yeah, people did go crackers.  It's a sign that I'm an old fart because I straight away said 'Brighton have scored too soon here.  City will win this now 5-1!'  Spent the next hour just hoping we'd keep our lead actually!  Got a bit dicey with all the carrying on amongst the fans.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #470: May 14, 2019 12:54:48 pm
      The financial fair play cheats win again.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #471: May 14, 2019 03:54:19 pm
      We should had at least 3 premier leagues by now. In 08-09 we finished four Points behind United despite scoring way more and conceding less goals both. That year most of United winners were 1-0 injury time fergie time goals. Even the year houllier was manager we came second one year despite scoring more and conceding less than champions. Then second under Rodgers and would won but for an unfortunate slip then this year kompany a one in a hundred chance goal that he never get again. Every manager houllier benitez roddgers and klopp deserved a title. I just wonder in this competition are we jinxed.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #472: May 14, 2019 04:25:38 pm
      30 f**king wins and still people are whining. i didn't like the phone nonsense when brighton scored or the tw*t in a brighton shirt,you're there to support Liverpool,no? F***ing great at the end.Not as pissed off as i thought i'd be but i stayed home to watch in fear of running into a gobs***e premierleaguemorning type at the pub!
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2019 04:40:51 pm by Boston not la »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #473: May 15, 2019 07:55:50 am
      Ha yeah, people did go crackers.  It's a sign that I'm an old fart because I straight away said 'Brighton have scored too soon here.  City will win this now 5-1!'  Spent the next hour just hoping we'd keep our lead actually!  Got a bit dicey with all the carrying on amongst the fans.

It was as bittersweet as it gets but for ten minutes we were top of the league on the final day and i loved that feeling. Haven't seen any Liverpool crowd react like that to a goal in person ever in my life - especially one not scored by us! Was beyond awesome to experience.

Felt like once they scored, they just had to survive until half-time. Once City equalised the whole room had that feeling of inevitability. But once they went up 3-1 it was back to celebrating our team and just enjoying being this bloody good.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #474: May 15, 2019 08:38:51 am

Such a close race, and they were the fine margins, hard to believe there was so little in it.

After the game on Sunday I watched the players, Jürgen etc head off the pitch, then the coverage switched to Citeh and I switched off. Later watched the squad back out on the pitch, the crowd cheering them, the players getting their awards, was a lovely day.

But haven't watched any football since, highlights of the other games, or listened to season roundups, stuff like that - like everyone has said, the team and manager have been brilliant - but loosing out on the final day, to see the slim hope that was there for weeks eventually run out, it hurt - we got so incredibly close to what we have been waiting for for decades, close enough to touch :) 

Am actually glad of the few weeks gap to the CL final tbh - take a little break from it, then back in the saddle for number 6 ...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #475: May 15, 2019 01:39:45 pm
      Am the same mate..watched nothing else....even on FB news feed I scroll down slowly and if I even see a hint of light blue, I scroll through quickly and close my eyes. Still haven't watched those cu*ts lift last years or this years Trophies! Can't stand the thought of it!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #476: May 15, 2019 06:56:05 pm
      Am the same mate..watched nothing else....even on FB news feed I scroll down slowly and if I even see a hint of light blue, I scroll through quickly and close my eyes. Still haven't watched those Cu*ts lift last years or this years Trophies! Can't stand the thought of it!

I have avoided all local News here in the North West just cant stand to see the dirty cheating Manc scum revel in the success paid for with dirty money
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #477: May 15, 2019 07:15:04 pm
      It was an end of season performance, and we did well to win the game in the end. Inevitably, in our last league game without VAR, a serious refereeing error was made. That chapter of our sport has now finally closed, and we have the protection of VAR in all competitive games from now on. I still believe the incompetent decision to disallow the valid Mane goal at Arsenal cost us two valuable points that night. I know what it's like for us to win the league and after everything we've put in, it's difficult for me to fall short as we have. The younger generation must be devastated that another year has gone by without it. 

But we will remember all those teams after Christmas who made little or no attempt to give City a proper game. Some were hopelessly out of their depth, others rested players, while others had the ability and the firepower to do us a favour, but no motivation.

But the show must go on. The fixture list is out in just over 4 weeks, and a brand new schedule awaits. The timing of the games v City will be key. No doubt Sky will want the second one in April, to plug it every 5 minutes. City have been away on the final day for the past 4 years, we have been at home the past 3, so it is likely to switch around next May. We will get at least 90 points, probably 95. Drop 15 points though, and we're probably waiting another year for the title to come home. It will come home. Eventually.

In the meantime, we can be proud of and celebrate what we have achieved. 30 wins, 7 draws, 89 goals, +67 gd, 97 points, the POTY, the Golden Glove, the best defence in the league.

The European Cup Final, the European run, securing European Cup football next season, 40 unbeaten home league games going, beating the mancs at home for the first time in 5 years, beating the mancs and Everton at home in the same season for the first time in 5 years, winning the first 6 games, winning the last 9 games, scoring 5 at home three times, the comebacks, the last minute wins, and more and more and more.

We now play games in every month of the year. June sees the European Cup Final, July is pre-season, and in August it's time to do it all again. It will come round again soon enough.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #478: May 16, 2019 10:24:52 am
      It was an end of season performance, and we did well to win the game in the end. Inevitably, in our last league game without VAR, a serious refereeing error was made. That chapter of our sport has now finally closed, and we have the protection of VAR in all competitive games from now on. I still believe the incompetent decision to disallow the valid Mane goal at Arsenal cost us two valuable points that night. I know what it's like for us to win the league and after everything we've put in, it's difficult for me to fall short as we have. The younger generation must be devastated that another year has gone by without it. 

But we will remember all those teams after Christmas who made little or no attempt to give City a proper game. Some were hopelessly out of their depth, others rested players, while others had the ability and the firepower to do us a favour, but no motivation.

But the show must go on. The fixture list is out in just over 4 weeks, and a brand new schedule awaits. The timing of the games v City will be key. No doubt Sky will want the second one in April, to plug it every 5 minutes. City have been away on the final day for the past 4 years, we have been at home the past 3, so it is likely to switch around next May. We will get at least 90 points, probably 95. Drop 15 points though, and we're probably waiting another year for the title to come home. It will come home. Eventually.

In the meantime, we can be proud of and celebrate what we have achieved. 30 wins, 7 draws, 89 goals, +67 gd, 97 points, the POTY, the Golden Glove, the best defence in the league.

The European Cup Final, the European run, securing European Cup football next season, 40 unbeaten home league games going, beating the mancs at home for the first time in 5 years, beating the mancs and Everton at home in the same season for the first time in 5 years, winning the first 6 games, winning the last 9 games, scoring 5 at home three times, the comebacks, the last minute wins, and more and more and more.

We now play games in every month of the year. June sees the European Cup Final, July is pre-season, and in August it's time to do it all again. It will come round again soon enough.

Its swings and roundabouts though with VAR, for example Mane's second goal against Wolves was offside and I'm sure we had a few other goals this season which were offside, but overall I look forward to VAR as we are a very honest team and I think that we'll benefit from extra refereeing.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #479: May 16, 2019 11:52:44 pm
      VAR is not swings and roundabouts, VAR proves that a goal or major decision is correct. What we had before VAR is guesswork. I haven't questioned the validity of our last goal, and would have no objection to the decision being changed. In any case, we knew our fate at that point.

Back in November it was a different story.   We do know the Arsenal game was one of the few we didn't get 3 points from, the Mane goal would be given with VAR. And we needed just two more points to bring the title home.

From now on, referees can't say they missed something. They now have the resources and the power to get decisions right.

Quick Reply