Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rule changes that will affect Liverpool and all Premier League clubs

Read 8387 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Rule changes that will affect Liverpool and all Premier League clubs
      Reply #23: May 21, 2019 09:30:36 pm
      And another thing...next season we should not have to wait nearly 3 bleedin' weeks for the feckin' Champions League final..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #24: May 21, 2019 09:51:04 pm
      Referees should have hair. Bald refs should be banned
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: May 21, 2019 10:01:58 pm
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #26: May 23, 2019 08:58:17 am

Looks like he has just devoured a bag of the white stuff and he's just starting to hit the peak.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: May 24, 2019 04:11:09 pm
      Referees should have hair. Bald refs should be banned

Oi, leave the bald refs alone you follicleist! ;-)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #28: May 24, 2019 06:57:48 pm
      Quote from clint_call01
      Rule changes that will affect Liverpool and all Premier League clubs next season

The 2018/19 Premier League campaign finished with Liverpool ending second behind Manchester City in the race for the title, while Everton landed eighth spot.

The Championship play-off final, Europa League final and the Champions League final are still to be played - but for the most part, attentions have turned towards next season.

The piece must have been written by a blueball. Their attention turned towards next season since about February or something.

People will probably laugh at this but I want something to be done about keeping the ball at the corner flag, as it's clearly time wasting. There's a rule for every other aspect of time wasting, there should be something for this, e.g. add more time on. The attacking team always loses possession, and the defending team often cause an unsightly melee, sometimes they get cards when their frustration boils over. People will say it's part of the game, but so was diving and shirt pulling in the box, until VAR turned up to go and clean the dark arts out of football.

Quote from billythered
      I'm on the fence with VAR, I think it's the final nail in the coffin of common sense in the beautiful game,  CS has been depleting for years to the point where it has now been iradicated altogether,

It was Shanks who said 'referees know the rules but do not know the game',

How true is that statement,  that even after 30 odd years it's still the case now,

Where I agree that refs need help i think the standard in refereeing has dropped whilst the standard of football and footballers has gone through the roof, so i guess something had to be done, however,  why not increase the standard of refereeing by introducing a ref academy where standards are set at a very high standard,  and have a conveyor belt of candidates, perhaps introducing a ex- player pool, to have that 'know the game' experience on the pitch?

I'm not convinced that VAR will better for  the game, I guess through time we'll all find out !!

YNWA

How many ex-players say they want to be referees?

Standards in officiating have always been questioned, even back in Shanks time. The incident at Inter Milan in our case, or the offside goal given for West Brom against Leeds, or the ghost goal in the Wembley WC Final, or in Paris with Henry or more recently, the incident in last year's ECF. If the ref got it wrong, he could always say he didn't see it, now he doesn't have that excuse. If he has to see something, he can look at it and inform himself of the facts before considering what decision to go with.

Our ref at this year's ECF, is Skomina who reffed our home game v Napoli and handed out yellow cards like confetti. He has had 3 European Cup knockout games since, and has needed to use VAR in all 3. So it's likely he will use it again in Madrid. The video ref is Makkelie who was ref in our game in Porto, and who used VAR to overturn a wrong decision on the pitch in our favour.

As a club, like every club, we will love it when it goes for us, and be frustrated when it goes against us. But at least the referee will know what happened, and be in a position to make the correct decision.

Quote from Harrisimo
      next season we should not have to wait nearly 3 bleedin' weeks for the feckin' Champions League final..

That is the fault of the EPL, nobody else. Our league started 1 week, in some cases 2 weeks earlier than the other major leagues, and therefore finished earlier. Two of the other leagues have still to finish, another two have cup finals still to play. We have to wait for them to finish before we can play the European Cup Final.

Next year, the final will be at least one week earlier, to allow for European Championship preparations. But in 2021, it should be back to a date similar to this year, or possibly later.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #29: May 24, 2019 07:25:08 pm
      All Liverpool goals to count double
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #30: May 24, 2019 08:16:09 pm

That's a shame, F***ing hate that melee, more akin to a kick about in the school yard.
      Le Gargoyle
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #31: May 27, 2019 10:39:30 am
      Agree with keepers staying on the line but there should also be a rule prohibiting the staggered run up which clearly advantages the penalty taker.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #32: May 27, 2019 10:53:32 am
      All Liverpool goals to count double

And we should get 6 points for a win-cos we deserve it the way we play.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #33: May 28, 2019 11:41:57 am
      People will probably laugh at this but I want something to be done about keeping the ball at the corner flag, as it's clearly time wasting. There's a rule for every other aspect of time wasting, there should be something for this, e.g. add more time on. The attacking team always loses possession, and the defending team often cause an unsightly melee, sometimes they get cards when their frustration boils over. People will say it's part of the game, but so was diving and shirt pulling in the box, until VAR turned up to go and clean the dark arts out of football.
      That doesn't really make sense as the ball is in play.  What would the rule be, "No taking the ball into the opponents corners if you're ahead with 2 minutes to go." 

A team can do what they like with the ball if they have possession.  Time-wasting only applies when the ball is dead!
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #34: May 30, 2019 10:23:38 pm

VAR in the Premier League will be different to how it is used in Europe. In the Premier League, the video will be reviewed by another ref who will then tell the match referee what he thinks … in Europe, the match referee will be able to look at a video by the touchline.

I don't like the idea of the referee not being able to watch the video himself … it's a recipe for huge inconsistency and will cause problems
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #35: May 30, 2019 10:28:25 pm
      I'm on the fence with VAR, I think it's the final nail in the coffin of common sense in the beautiful game,  CS has been depleting for years to the point where it has now been iradicated altogether,

If the technology is there then why not use it? For too long, tight games have been decided by the officials and not by the players. How it gets used will make a difference and I suspect that the way we'll be using it in the EPL next season will be problematic because it's new and will take some getting used to. Most other professional sports use it to some extent already - it is only football that has refused to embrace technology and enter the 21st century!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: May 31, 2019 12:03:47 pm
      I can't see the point of the accidental hand ball rule change.

" Goals will be disallowed if the ball accidentally strikes a player's hand in the build up."

So is accidental hand ball now a foul. No more "ball to hand". If you stop a goal because of accidental hand ball..why then is accidental hand ball in the box by a defender not a penalty. What constitutes " build up"....surely the build up starts when a team gets possession...so accidental hand ball is an infringement at any time...or is it....also the rule change does not specify if it is an attacker or defender..I assume they mean the attacking team.

Accidental hand ball is now an infringement in one part of the game but in other situations..it's not.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #37: May 31, 2019 11:07:48 pm
      Quote from skamp
      That doesn't really make sense as the ball is in play.  What would the rule be, "No taking the ball into the opponents corners if you're ahead with 2 minutes to go." 

A team can do what they like with the ball if they have possession.  Time-wasting only applies when the ball is dead!

The IFAB have found a way to cut down on all other forms of time wasting, they should find something to deal with this. I hate it, even when we do it. The only thing guaranteed to happen is we will lose possession. Too much time taken for goal kicks and free kicks and throw ins is punished. They even found a way to punish backpasses to the goalkeeper, and now they have found a way to deal with time wasting substitutions, but nothing yet for time wasting at the corner flag.

Quote from ed603em
      VAR in the Premier League will be different to how it is used in Europe. In the Premier League, the video will be reviewed by another ref who will then tell the match referee what he thinks … in Europe, the match referee will be able to look at a video by the touchline.

I don't like the idea of the referee not being able to watch the video himself … it's a recipe for huge inconsistency and will cause problems

The whole point of a VAR is for him/them to alert the ref to an issue, which usually means there is an issue and the original decision has to be changed/reversed/overturned.

Refs on the field should not need monitors to look at offsides. It's a black or white issue, which the VAR can easily judge by himself. Subjective calls are more tricky, and the monitor will still be there, but Mike Riley wants to cut it out to speed up the game. What we need is the right decision, so that nobody walks off a pitch or leaves a stand, feeling cheated by referee mistakes. If it takes 15 seconds great. If it takes 5 minutes, fine. Ignore how long it takes, just make the right decision and we can move on.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38: Jun 01, 2019 12:02:56 pm
      The IFAB have found a way to cut down on all other forms of time wasting, they should find something to deal with this. I hate it, even when we do it. The only thing guaranteed to happen is we will lose possession. Too much time taken for goal kicks and free kicks and throw ins is punished. They even found a way to punish backpasses to the goalkeeper, and now they have found a way to deal with time wasting substitutions, but nothing yet for time wasting at the corner flag.

This has got to be a wind up.

Nobody is this stupid.

Quick Reply