Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Where are you going to watch the final?

Read 13498 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Where are you going to watch the final?
      May 27, 2019 07:00:04 pm
      So i know there are few of these threads kicking around but i'm kinda on the fence about a pub to watch in Boston,so anyone out there?  :food-smiley-005: My local ain't selling themselves and i know of at least 1 bluenose and a spurs fan that are going,the Madrid lot pissed me off last year hoping for a bit red friendly.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Where are you going to watch the final?
      Reply #1: May 27, 2019 07:53:49 pm
      Hmmm have been, and still am, pondering what to do. Whatever I do I'll watch it with my eldest boy but, to pub or not to pub, that is the question. My local can have quite lively toilets when there's something like this going on so I'm not sure I'd want him there.

Swaying towards getting a few of the lads to mine and watching it at home.
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2019 08:49:40 am by what-a-hit-son »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2: May 27, 2019 08:59:22 pm
      few friends around Paella and Rioja by the bucket  load and preparing for tears singing YNWA as we celebrate no.6 remembering Reds who are no longer with us
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #3: May 27, 2019 09:36:21 pm
      Liverpool FC  fan club in Greece.
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2019 10:24:54 pm by nikos »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: May 27, 2019 10:07:36 pm
      Same pub as last year. Need to put the curse to bed.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: May 28, 2019 02:23:37 am
      Hope fully inside the Stadium but hope slipping, so resigned to having to watch it in some Bar on a small TV as latest reports in Madrid are that they are NOT having any big screens in the Fan Zone areas and those fan zones close at 6pm...what a F***ing disgrace that is!!!!

Was hoping there would be something like they had at Sevchenko Park in Kyiv but apparently not! Gutted!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #6: May 28, 2019 07:58:28 am
      Quote from AussieRed
      Hope fully inside the Stadium but hope slipping, so resigned to having to watch it in some Bar on a small TV as latest reports in Madrid are that they are NOT having any big screens in the Fan Zone areas and those fan zones close at 6pm...what a F***ing disgrace that is!!!!

Was hoping there would be something like they had at Sevchenko Park in Kyiv but apparently not! Gutted!

How much have you paid out, just to make sure you get to watch the game in the back of a tapas bar?

Remember, we were told last year, that it was a disgrace that Kiev was hosting a game like this, and they should all be played in Western Europe. At least, the locals were offering accommodation in Kiev. Madrid? Western Europe?? No such luxuries.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7: May 28, 2019 10:18:39 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8: May 28, 2019 12:21:08 pm
      Fecked up, Im off to a camping holiday park saturday with the kids, never expected champions league to in June when I booked it. doh., the middle of nowhere, they say they have wifi and a tv room, so Im hopeful Ill get to watch the game, even if it on my phone or Ipad. ;D.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #9: May 28, 2019 01:09:47 pm
      Hailey’s Harp in Metuchen New Jersey.  My next door neighbor owns the place.

For last year’s final we had an entire room in the back of the place with multiple tv’s.

Not sure if that is going to be the case this year as he’s a Spurs fan.

We had at least 50 people in there last year.

Hopefully we’ll double that this year and be able to have a great time watching all of the fat beer bellied knobheads wearing Harry Kane shirts walking out with their tails between their legs.
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #10: May 28, 2019 01:14:43 pm
      Was going out but now looks like I'll be watching it at home as missus is working until 8pm (kids aren't old enough to be left alone/come with me to the pub)...

Anyone know if I sign up to BT Sport how long I have before I can cancel it and NOT be roped in to a 12/18 month contract?

Broadband here is ~ 3mb/s and I'm terrified it's going to buffer (again).
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: May 28, 2019 03:11:07 pm
      Was going out but now looks like I'll be watching it at home as missus is working until 8pm (kids aren't old enough to be left alone/come with me to the pub)...

Anyone know if I sign up to BT Sport how long I have before I can cancel it and NOT be roped in to a 12/18 month contract?

Broadband here is ~ 3mb/s and I'm terrified it's going to buffer (again).

Pretty sure BT are showing it for free anyway mate.

Edit: sorry just sounds like its streaming or of you have a virgin box.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #12: May 28, 2019 04:33:52 pm
      At home!!! Then go out celebrating :D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #13: May 28, 2019 04:37:39 pm
      Same as last year.

One friend coming over and we will lock the sitting room with the curtains closed until we with the help of all that is good and fair in this world, win our 6th European Cup!

Then I intend to go on the biggest bender of my life :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14: May 28, 2019 04:54:31 pm
      I was tempted to go down to watch it in London with some friends but in the end I have decided to watch it with my Dad, he's getting on a bit now and it will be great to celebrate number 6 with him.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #15: May 28, 2019 05:00:57 pm
      Will be driving that day back from MD to CT, so as game time nears i will have to get my GPS to hook me up with a sports bar nearby so stop and watch it.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #16: May 28, 2019 05:40:20 pm
      I plan to go to the Millbank, my local to watch the game. Hopefully it will not be too packed, as their is a lot of LFC supporters here in Rhyl. I think it will be a great atmosphere especially if the Reds lift the cup !!
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #17: May 28, 2019 07:55:41 pm
      Pretty sure BT are showing it for free anyway mate.

Edit: sorry just sounds like its streaming or of you have a virgin box.

Yep, they're streaming it for free which is no good for me. And with Sly not Virgin  :-\
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #18: May 28, 2019 08:20:22 pm
      At home for a few months, so meeting up with some old mates who are all reds and heading down the pub. Been years since we all watched the match together, so meeting up mid afternoon, will be lashed by kick off (and by lashed I mean 3 beers in).
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #19: May 28, 2019 10:53:42 pm
      Hmmm have been, and still am, pondering what to do. Whatever I do I'll watch it with my eldest boy but, to pub or not to pub, that is the question. My local can have quite lively toilets when there's something like this going on so I'm not sure I'd want him there.

Swaying towards getting a few of the lads to mine and watching it at home.

Dave - went through similar process.

I’m going for few cold ones about 3 and back to the house for 6:30 (and a few more) plus Champions League pizza.

One of my best mates - over from Oz for his mum’s funeral Friday - is joining us as I suspect is another lad I know locally. The latter is a bit of a booze bag but he’s harmless enough and I’ve warned him severely about bringing any “Colombian energy powder” or similar into the house.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #20: May 29, 2019 03:43:31 am
      At Lucky Baldwin’s in Pasadena, California. The Pasadena Reds is an official branch of LFC.
      It’s a fantastic mob of dedicated fans on the west coast of America who turn up no matter the time of day (many 4am kick offs for us at our pub) to support our club on mass.
      A great mix of yanks, Scousers, British expats and a other global folk, all dedicated, committed and lifelong Red men and women.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #21: May 29, 2019 06:05:28 am
      At Lucky Baldwin’s in Pasadena, California. The Pasadena Reds is an official branch of LFC.
      It’s a fantastic mob of dedicated fans on the west coast of America who turn up no matter the time of day (many 4am kick offs for us at our pub) to support our club on mass.
      A great mix of yanks, Scousers, British expats and a other global folk, all dedicated, committed and lifelong Red men and women.

Think I've said this before, but watched Arsenal vs Liverpool 3-4 at Lucky's in 2016 and loved it. Great spot. Myself and the wife will likely be moving to Pasadena in the next year or two so will have to meet up for a pint and a game sometime!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #22: May 29, 2019 07:20:26 am
      Dave - went through similar process.

I’m going for few cold ones about 3 and back to the house for 6:30 (and a few more) plus Champions League pizza.

One of my best mates - over from Oz for his mum’s funeral Friday - is joining us as I suspect is another lad I know locally. The latter is a bit of a booze bag but he’s harmless enough and I’ve warned him severely about bringing any “Colombian energy powder” or similar into the house.
      🤣🤣 made me laugh that enjoy

Quick Reply