Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Where are you going to watch the final?

Read 13496 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: Where are you going to watch the final?
      Reply #23: May 29, 2019 07:25:41 am
      I was tempted to go down to watch it in London with some friends but in the end I have decided to watch it with my Dad, he's getting on a bit now and it will be great to celebrate number 6 with him.
      Think thereā€™s a few on here similar to that as much as I want to be in the pub im leaning to staying in with dad, he like a little kid around the house at the moment .

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #24: May 29, 2019 08:34:09 am
      Think thereā€™s a few on here similar to that as much as I want to be in the pub im leaning to staying in with dad, he like a little kid around the house at the moment .

Good to see you looking after your Dads lads,my eldest lad is going to come to our house to watch the match.Go the MIGHTY REDS.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #25: May 29, 2019 08:53:06 am
      Dave - went through similar process.

Iā€™m going for few cold ones about 3 and back to the house for 6:30 (and a few more) plus Champions League pizza.

One of my best mates - over from Oz for his mumā€™s funeral Friday - is joining us as I suspect is another lad I know locally. The latter is a bit of a booze bag but heā€™s harmless enough and Iā€™ve warned him severely about bringing any ā€œColombian energy powderā€ or similar into the house.
      ā€˜Colombian energy powder ā€˜ nearly choked on me brew reading that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: May 29, 2019 09:06:37 am

I thought it was Columbian marching powder but it has the same health benefits I believe
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27: May 29, 2019 10:01:43 am
      Always had it down as ā€˜Columbian fluā€™...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: May 29, 2019 11:08:10 am
      Was going out but now looks like I'll be watching it at home as missus is working until 8pm (kids aren't old enough to be left alone/come with me to the pub)...

Anyone know if I sign up to BT Sport how long I have before I can cancel it and NOT be roped in to a 12/18 month contract?

Broadband here is ~ 3mb/s and I'm terrified it's going to buffer (again).

Free on youtube via BT page.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #29: May 29, 2019 02:38:00 pm

I thought it was Columbian marching powder but it has the same health benefits I believe

Always had it down as ā€˜Columbian fluā€™...

Trust me - brings any that sh*te into my house it'll be a Columbian surgeon and a ventilator he'll need........👊
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #30: May 29, 2019 03:06:24 pm
      TBD still. A few friends I would watch with are out of the country, but some are still here. Unsure if they are going to want to watch at home or out in an atmosphere setting.

To my fellow New Yorker's - where are you watching?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #31: May 29, 2019 03:19:31 pm
      Home with family, celebrating a birthday too..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #32: May 29, 2019 03:48:50 pm
      Trust me - brings any that sh*te into my house it'll be a Columbian surgeon and a ventilator he'll need........👊

Whatever you call it, in the end it's like going to the top floor of a high-rise in a lift/elevator, and then the floor disappears. Wicked, wicked stuff. Even in my misguided  youth, one try was enough to convince me it was seriously bad news.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: May 29, 2019 03:56:51 pm
      Have an aunt's funeral to attend four hours away on Saturday morning. Will leave at 5 a.m. pay my respects and then make the return trip to watch in the solitude of my basement scream chamber on hopefully just a slight delay, if any. If we win my football-ignorant neighbors are going to hear about it.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #34: May 29, 2019 04:02:10 pm
      My son's in Spain so I've options of: -

a) local pool hall in the afternoon to watch a money match followed by the match on a big screen

b) with the West Wales branch of LFC supporters club in a working men's (type) club.  Be 50+ LFC fans plus a few Spurs boys

c) watch it at home on my own

Undecided.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #35: May 29, 2019 04:58:13 pm
      Home with family, celebrating a birthday too..

My birthday is sunday, hopefully Ill go tonto saturday night when we win. ;D

ps. cancelled my trip away, decided game was more important, and I want to watch the boxing afterwards.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #36: May 29, 2019 05:11:02 pm
      My birthday is sunday, hopefully Ill go tonto saturday night when we win. ;D

ps. cancelled my trip away, decided game was more important, and I want to watch the boxing afterwards.

Happy birthday Kiddo.. Geminiā€™s are best..😎
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #37: May 29, 2019 07:07:35 pm
      Whatever you call it, in the end it's like going to the top floor of a high-rise in a lift/elevator, and then the floor disappears. Wicked, wicked stuff. Even in my misguided  youth, one try was enough to convince me it was seriously bad news.

I did it a few times (never regularly) a few years ago but the hangovers. Holy hell, they took me to a dark place that would last days. Never again after the last one. To be young and foolish!!
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #38: May 29, 2019 07:18:56 pm
      Thinking about going to downtown St. Louis, where the LFC Supporters gather, but I'll be so crowded that I'll probably have to be there 4 hours earlier at least and since I'm getting hammered I'll have to take Uber and that's going to be around $80 for the entire trip so maybe I'll just buy a 12 pack and stay home.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #39: May 29, 2019 08:38:58 pm
      Iā€™m showing my car at tatton park,was gonna go to a local pub and watch it but itā€™d probably be full of mancs and Iā€™ll end up locked up so Iā€™ll watch it on me phone 😊
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: May 29, 2019 10:06:03 pm
      I did it a few times (never regularly) a few years ago but the hangovers. Holy hell, they took me to a dark place that would last days. Never again after the last one. To be young and foolish!!

You know it has been too long between matches when the champions league final pre-thread becomes High Times Magazine (geriatric edition)  ;)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41: May 30, 2019 09:36:08 am
      Happy birthday Kiddo.. Geminiā€™s are best..😎

cheers mate. and your right. ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42: May 30, 2019 12:09:38 pm
      The mrs has a "surprise" organised, which requires me to F**k off out for a couple of hours on saturday afternoon.

So basically, I'm shitting it at the thought of going "that's so thoughtful" while grinding my teeth and wondering when I can F**k off to the mancave.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43: May 30, 2019 01:32:01 pm
      The mrs has a "surprise" organised, which requires me to f**k off out for a couple of hours on saturday afternoon.

So basically, I'm shitting it at the thought of going "that's so thoughtful" while grinding my teeth and wondering when I can f**k off to the mancave.

haha. no luck, Ill be clearing my yard of weeds, so I can lay astroturf, then the barbie is going on in preperation for the game.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #44: May 30, 2019 02:49:22 pm
      Will be driving that day back from MD to CT, so as game time nears i will have to get my GPS to hook me up with a sports bar nearby so stop and watch it.

New Haven has 3 bars lined up if ya go that way by kick off.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #45: May 30, 2019 03:20:20 pm
      Jesus just had a look around the offi sites,lots of sh*te gong on,someones got a street closed down,Cincy i think! Even Rhode Island has gone to 2  bars. I'm probs gonna hit up my local in Cambridge,got the F***ing arts fest going on at the same time,which could be a pain.My buddy is going up to a irish owned Liverpool supporting bar closer to Harvard Sq but the owner doesn't allow F***ing swearing,i mean wtf is that sh*t about,so guess i'll swerve that one!

Quick Reply