Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Where are you going to watch the final?

Read 13497 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Where are you going to watch the final?
      Reply #46: May 30, 2019 03:42:30 pm
      haha. no luck, Ill be clearing my yard of weeds, so I can lay astroturf, then the barbie is going on in preperation for the game.

Think she's getting one of those big tent things, with a big screen, food, maybe even a bar, and inviting a load of people.

Not my cup of tea if I'm honest, but its a nice thought.
      First tw*t that gets pissed and wants music put on duriing the match gets a clump in the F***ing head  :laugh:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #47: May 30, 2019 03:47:52 pm
      Jesus just had a look around the offi sites,lots of sh*te gong on,someones got a street closed down,Cincy i think! Even Rhode Island has gone to 2  bars. I'm probs gonna hit up my local in Cambridge,got the F***ing arts fest going on at the same time,which could be a pain.My buddy is going up to a irish owned Liverpool supporting bar closer to Harvard Sq but the owner doesn't allow F***ing swearing,i mean wtf is that sh*t about,so guess i'll swerve that one!

I've never met a Paddy that doesn't swear.
      I've met a few who say they don't but they lie.

Is he actually Irish, or is he the "my grandad is from there somewhere" kind of Irish.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #48: May 30, 2019 03:56:51 pm
      Jesus just had a look around the offi sites,lots of sh*te gong on,someones got a street closed down,Cincy i think! Even Rhode Island has gone to 2  bars. I'm probs gonna hit up my local in Cambridge,got the f**king arts fest going on at the same time,which could be a pain.My buddy is going up to a irish owned Liverpool supporting bar closer to Harvard Sq but the owner doesn't allow f**king swearing,i mean wtf is that sh*t about,so guess i'll swerve that one!

no swearing ffs !! ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #49: May 30, 2019 03:57:20 pm
      Think she's getting one of those big tent things, with a big screen, food, maybe even a bar, and inviting a load of people.

Not my cup of tea if I'm honest, but its a nice thought.
      First tw*t that gets pissed and wants music put on duriing the match gets a clump in the f**king head  :laugh:

brilliant, sounds good tbh, so long as the game stays on. ;-)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #50: May 30, 2019 04:37:37 pm
      I've never met a Paddy that doesn't swear.
      I've met a few who say they don't but they lie.

Is he actually Irish, or is he the "my grandad is from there somewhere" kind of Irish.

as far as i know yep Irish,think it's more he doesn't like customers swearing,seems like more of a yuppie/harvard type place than sports bar so me yelling out F**k off ya spurs cu*ts is a no-no, :f_bluelight: can't be getting tossed from another pub! So The Field it is for me.Hopefully not to many spuds will show up there.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #51: May 30, 2019 07:22:31 pm
      brilliant, sounds good tbh, so long as the game stays on. ;-)

Well, me and my 3 lads will be sat up front in comfy lawn chairs, and woe betide any f**ker that gets in the way.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #52: May 30, 2019 08:17:28 pm
      fuckn BT is sh*te we have had internet problems for 3 days on the run now and yesterday I had to add BT sport to my Sky package to ensure I would have the final. Not long to wait now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #53: May 30, 2019 08:27:01 pm
      Either here in the villa or a bar in Cyprus, in the northern part, so Ramadan ending and the mighty Redmen in the final on the same day, should be fun.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2019 09:47:51 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #54: May 30, 2019 10:41:06 pm
      Family travelling down to mine (Epsom) from Aintree.Then off up the downs for the racing (Derby) Back home for a barbecue.Then in front of the telly for the game.(fridge loaded up) Come on you mighty redmen.IJKWT  YNWA JF96.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #55: May 30, 2019 10:46:50 pm
      Change of plan for me, going to a friend's place to watch the match. We grew up together, although he is a Spurs fan, tipped the Reds to win the game !
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #56: May 31, 2019 07:29:33 am
      fuckn BT is sh*te we have had internet problems for 3 days on the run now and yesterday I had to add BT sport to my Sky package to ensure I would have the final. Not long to wait now.

Walt, I'm having the same problem with BT and there poxy internet. How much is it to add BT to the Sky package if you don't mind me asking ?
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #57: May 31, 2019 08:41:29 am
      Virgin showing it for free . Channel 0
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #58: May 31, 2019 11:13:33 am
      I'm a scouser-in-exile (Bootle) living in Northern Ireland.Last year I went over to Liverpool to watch it with the family but this year my wife is away with my daughter for a few days so I'll watch it on my todd.

But I have a statue of Bill and one of Bob holding "big ears" and I put them in front of the "Telly"*...so I'm in good company.

* Telly will actually be my PC as it's streamed by BT free through youtube. But I will link up the PC to the Telly with a HDMI cable, easy enough
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2019 11:29:40 am by Harrisimo »
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #59: May 31, 2019 11:19:27 am
      I must admit I'm in the shitting bricks stage.

I just want to skip to the end and know if we won.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #60: May 31, 2019 11:29:49 am
      At home 4am K.O. here in Australia, may have a friend around (Scouser) to watch it with, will be nervous at K.O. time but in my mind it's in the bag already!
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: May 31, 2019 11:34:04 am
      Walt, I'm having the same problem with BT and there poxy internet. How much is it to add BT to the Sky package if you don't mind me asking ?

Go to youtube, search for the final.Free streaming through BT youtube channel.. I watched the Arsenal Chelsea Europa final.Link up your PC to the telly with a HDMI cable.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/laptop/connect-laptop-tv-3280787/
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #62: May 31, 2019 11:46:41 am
      Go to youtube, search for the final.Free streaming through BT youtube channel.. I watched the Arsenal Chelsea Europa final.Link up your PC to the telly with a HDMI cable.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/laptop/connect-laptop-tv-3280787/

I've been told you can put it on smartphone then "cast" it to a smart tv
      I have only the vaguest idea what that means  :laugh:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #63: May 31, 2019 12:07:19 pm

Sounds familiar. My kids come to me for "wisdom" about various life decisions, and I go to them to find out "what does this button on my phone do?"

Just over 34 hours now everyone.
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: May 31, 2019 12:17:58 pm

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/connect-android-tv-3533870/

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #65: May 31, 2019 12:40:29 pm
      Family travelling down to mine (Epsom) from Aintree.Then off up the downs for the racing (Derby) Back home for a barbecue.Then in front of the telly for the game.(fridge loaded up) Come on you mighty redmen.IJKWT  YNWA JF96.

Massive temptation there to peak too soon!  Hope you're match fit at 8pm!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #66: May 31, 2019 01:46:21 pm
      Each CL game this season my clan have been sat in their places in front of the big flat screen in our living room so it will be no different come kick off tomorrow night.
      I've just been to the local butchers and got 4 x juicy rib eye steaks for the pre-match BBQ
      The fridge is getting stocked up with an array of liquid refreshments for us all.

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #67: May 31, 2019 02:37:42 pm
      Sounds familiar. My kids come to me for "wisdom" about various life decisions, and I go to them to find out "what does this button on my phone do?"

Just over 34 hours now everyone.

My kids come to me when they want to rip the piss out of someone for not being interested in technology.
      It's ironic that my youngest lad is a highly successful "something to do with computers" and has 2 degrees and a masters in the field of "something to do with computers".

It's actually really good for me when I run acestream, because when I can't find a working link, he somehow connects to my PC from wherever he is, types a load of stuff in a box from a menu I can never find, and it runs brilliantly, and automatically records to his own server, which I can also use to re-watch games, assuming I remember which icon to click.

I'm starting to feel calm about the match now, because the waiting is almost over.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #68: May 31, 2019 02:41:38 pm
      Each CL game this season my clan have been sat in their places in front of the big flat screen in our living room so it will be no different come kick off tomorrow night.
      I've just been to the local butchers and got 4 x juicy rib eye steaks for the pre-match BBQ
      The fridge is getting stocked up with an array of liquid refreshments for us all.

:kop5cf8koxp6:

Haven't had my 3 lads together for a match for a while.
      My youngest is flying home this evening.
      The mrs has confirmed she's hiring a big tent, big screen, projector, organising food and a bar, and has invited a load of my mates (and their wives who will all be off doing some other sh*t while we watch the match).
      It's going to be the next best thing to being there.

Quick Reply