Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      109 (67.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.6%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      20 (12.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (4.3%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      8 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Voting closed: Jun 05, 2019 09:57:33 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 51812 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Jun 02, 2019 11:36:20 pm
      well F***ing hell!! great turn turn out from the reds in Boston,not really surprised but why would people leave before the cup presentation?? ???...Still f***in great time at The Field pub.Not in a fit state to come up with anything F***ing profound,Allez Les Rouge! :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #507: Jun 03, 2019 12:20:27 am
      Can someone get me a copy of the Sunday Star. It has the backpage that said "IncREDibles". I'll PayPal you the shipping and costs. If someone can help me out it would be appreciated. Plus any Liverpool papers that have inserts or special editions.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/contact-us/

Any "specials" are usually done by the Liverpool Echo. Don't know if they ship to the USA...but a quick email to them would give you the info.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #508: Jun 03, 2019 01:52:00 am
      Heartache for Spurs, but we know what the feels like after last year. My mate is a spurs fan and he was going on about the penalty until Origi smashed in the second. When Ramos chicken winged Salah last year and Karius so spectacularly imploded on the biggest stage it felt so empty. This year we got something for what was a fantastic season. For those that say we played poorly in the final, more and more I realise finals are for winning. If you can play like Barcelona did against Man Utd in the CL fine, but the gulf in quality there was absolutely stark. Spurs are a good side, we did the right thing. It was in a way fitting given the way our season has been defined by our new found resilience. Something that has dogged us for a while now.

In short 'Get the F**k In!!!!!!'
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #509: Jun 03, 2019 03:09:40 am
      Heartache for Spurs, but we know what the feels like after last year. My mate is a spurs fan and he was going on about the penalty until Origi smashed in the second. When Ramos chicken winged Salah last year and Karius so spectacularly imploded on the biggest stage it felt so empty. This year we got something for what was a fantastic season. For those that say we played poorly in the final, more and more I realise finals are for winning. If you can play like Barcelona did against Man Utd in the CL fine, but the gulf in quality there was absolutely stark. Spurs are a good side, we did the right thing. It was in a way fitting given the way our season has been defined by our new found resilience. Something that has dogged us for a while now.

In short 'Get the F**k In!!!!!!'

Forget those people that is just people trying console themselves.  Spurs and us are one the hardest working team in world football and Spurs definitely looked gassed out in the last quarter of the game.  The 3 weeks break which nowadays is hardly given before the pre season in summer.  Who in the right mind is expecting a high octane Charity shield.  IT won't happen because the players will just not have the legs.   It was a farce to have such a break for the teams.  We played like Champions and did not give them a sniff till the last 15 minutes before they put a decent shot on target and then even then it was all under control.  We are Champions of Europe. 

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #510: Jun 03, 2019 03:28:10 am
      Forget those people that is just people trying console themselves.  Spurs and us are one the hardest working team in world football and Spurs definitely looked gassed out in the last quarter of the game.  The 3 weeks break which nowadays is hardly given before the pre season in summer.  Who in the right mind is expecting a high octane Charity shield.  IT won't happen because the players will just not have the legs.   It was a farce to have such a break for the teams.  We played like Champions and did not give them a sniff till the last 15 minutes before they put a decent shot on target and then even then it was all under control.  We are Champions of Europe. 

We are Champions or Europe and nothing can take that away. The CL is want I want to win every year. I love it.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #511: Jun 03, 2019 07:11:41 am
      Dunno about the rest of you’s but I’m still hungover from Saturday night! Apparently it wasn’t all a dream and we are European Champions!

Life is good!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #512: Jun 03, 2019 08:22:59 am
      How typical of the mainstream press to push the narrative of it not being a penalty despite every single referee saying it was. FFS can they not just congratulate us on the win without putting in that slight dig, so tedious!

Anyway F**k them, we are SIXY baby!!   :)
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #513: Jun 03, 2019 02:13:57 pm
      Mates,

I haven't been logged on since Saturday morning. Just wanted to say WE ARE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE and it couldn't feel better!

:aaliverpool2xt1:  :clap:
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #514: Jun 03, 2019 02:15:25 pm
      How typical of the mainstream press to push the narrative of it not being a penalty despite every single referee saying it was. FFS can they not just congratulate us on the win without putting in that slight dig, so tedious!

Anyway f**k them, we are SIXY baby!!   :)

They're all whoppers.

1. City bore us to death and it's excellent game management
      2. United play for a draw against us and it's excellent game management
      3. We manage the game perfectly for 90 minutes, force Spurs to commit more, and clinch a 2nd, and it's boring game

It's just their perspective. If any other club does it, it's fantastic. If it's Liverpool, they find the bad to say about it.

The game was not boring for anyone who understands football. Both sides used the press and counter press and it was a tactical game of chess. We showed real maturity in the game, but because we didn't give them the end to end open football fest they want because they cant appreciate other methods of approach, they're all crying.

They're like the blood thirsty idiot fans in boxing who can't appreciate the talents of someone like Mayweather. Spurs got Mayweather'd by us. They had most possession but we made our punches hurt them because we have the experience and pedigree.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #515: Jun 03, 2019 02:17:22 pm

Anyway f**k them, we are SIXY baby!!   :)

The more times I watch over the handball, the more it appears Sissoko had his arm up already as Mane was dribbling.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #516: Jun 03, 2019 02:38:26 pm
      Lads, the "no penalty" narrative is just the media lining up their "grudge match" bollocks for next season in the league.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #517: Jun 03, 2019 02:46:09 pm
      Work today is bloody awful. Saturday night well and truly caught up with me here, going to be a very early night!!
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #518: Jun 03, 2019 04:23:32 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #519: Jun 03, 2019 04:25:32 pm

:lmao: we could see him from our seats - he was nearly on the pitch at one point
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #520: Jun 03, 2019 05:28:50 pm
      We just play the Club World Cup at the end of the year as per normal

But the story had been that it wouldn't be played again until 2021, even Wiki said that, but today that is being corrected and FIFA will name a venue this week.
      « Last Edit: Jun 03, 2019 09:11:21 pm by Robby The Z »
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #521: Jun 03, 2019 05:29:28 pm
      It's not happening next year. Relaunches in 2021. This is good news for the league campaign next year.

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/who-we-are/news/fifa-council-appoints-qatar-as-host-of-the-fifa-club-world-cup-in-2019-and-2020?eoijhoeith=&_branch_match_id=502963565438853043

Fifa has officially announced today the tournament is on.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #522: Jun 03, 2019 05:35:48 pm

Am I the only one wanting us to go and win it? I know it's Super cup and Charity Shield trophy level, but there is something about competing against foreign clubs for a trophy that I love!
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #523: Jun 03, 2019 05:39:25 pm
      The concern is the effect on the league campaign. If we enter it and I assume we will have no choice (unlike the 70s) then we'll all be up for it I'm sure.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #524: Jun 03, 2019 05:59:25 pm
      before my broadband goes again I want to say that everyone connected with the club behave perfectly . the FSG contingent were so wonderful especially John and his beautiful wife.
      what a weekend what a club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #525: Jun 03, 2019 06:56:41 pm
      But the story had been that it wouldn't be played again until 2021, even Wiki said that, bit today that is being corrected and FIFA will name a venue this week.

Even Wiki said it  :lmao:

Ages ago they said it would still be going on
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #526: Jun 03, 2019 07:22:37 pm
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #527: Jun 03, 2019 07:26:52 pm
      Just asking about the World Club Championship and do we have to compete in it next season?
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #528: Jun 03, 2019 07:37:50 pm
      Yes, FIFA announced (surprising most people) today it's happening in Qatar in December. I assume we will have to attend as European Champions.

Quick Reply