Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      109 (67.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.6%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      20 (12.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (4.3%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      8 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Voting closed: Jun 05, 2019 09:57:33 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 51836 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Jun 03, 2019 07:54:50 pm
      Just asking about the World Club Championship and do we have to compete in it next season?

Yes, FIFA announced (surprising most people) today it's happening in Qatar in December. I assume we will have to attend as European Champions.

Club World Cup: Liverpool to play tournament in Qatar in December
      Liverpool will travel to Qatar in December to compete at Fifa's Club World Cup after the Gulf state was named as the new host.

The annual tournament, featuring the champions of six continents, will take place in the winter with Champions League winners Liverpool entering at the semi-final stage.
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48504200
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #530: Jun 03, 2019 07:58:01 pm
      Yes, FIFA announced (surprising most people) today it's happening in Qatar in December. I assume we will have to attend as European Champions.

Yes it will go ahead, but i’d Send the kids rather than the 1st team squad, UEFA/ FIFA whoever are as usual taking the f***in piss, guess who will have the majority of tickets, here’s a clue, it won’t be the fans, both outfits using our club as a corporate jolly for those who don’t give a shiny sh*te about football, our club, or indeed the game itself, so F**k them, why jeopardise our league campaign so gazprom et al can wine and dine themselves with the prawn sandwich brigade and pretend to love football.

GREEDY KUNTS,  Here’s a question, if UEFA are so caring about their ‘Family’ then why didn’t they have fan zones for those who didn’t have tickets for the final, tell you why not, cos the weren’t making any f***in money out of it that’s why, I’ll say it again......GREEDY CORRUPT KUNTS ! !

YNWA
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #531: Jun 03, 2019 08:10:40 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #532: Jun 03, 2019 08:59:57 pm
      Even Wiki said it  :lmao:

Ages ago they said it would still be going on

I don't understand..I read Saturday in the echo about no clue world cup (was news to me) and I looked at wiki and it said the same, FIFA site didn't say anything) then today The Echo said it is on. What was the  :lmao: ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #533: Jun 03, 2019 09:36:05 pm
      I don't understand..I read Saturday in the echo about no clue world cup (was news to me) and I looked at wiki and it said the same, FIFA site didn't say anything) then today The Echo said it is on. What was the  :lmao: ?

It was the statement about Wiki which is a site that anyone can update - not always accurate and certainly not always the best place for reference
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #534: Jun 03, 2019 09:36:56 pm
      « Last Edit: Jun 04, 2019 07:54:23 am by nikos »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #536: Jun 03, 2019 10:00:49 pm
      What an amazing weekend. Just got back from Liverpool a couple of hours back. I'm emotionally and physically drained but serene at the same time.

Me, my brother and sister got together for the final, the first Liverpool final we'd watched together since Istanbul in 2005. We didn't really know where we were going to watch it but in the end we found ourselves amongst the pack outside McCooley's on Temple/Mathew Street. I cannot tell you how nerve wracking this whole match was. The whole match was like an exorcism of all our near misses in recent years. I thought I was going to be sick with nerves when Spurs put on that spell of intense pressure towards the end of the second half. Seriously, I looked up the end of the street and I wanted to get out of there fast. It was sheer torture. So when Origi scored the second it was the best release I've ever had as a Liverpool supporter. I don't think anyone stopped screaming for about 10 minutes - it was unbelievable. I think by the end of it all I must have had numerous pints soaked into my clothes and hair!

And to top it all of, there was the parade. Oh my god - how much I would pay to relive those hours over and over again. We took to the Strand at about 3 o clock when there was already thousands lining the street. Found a nice spot just opposite the Travelodge, a few hundred yards up from the Liver building. The atmosphere was utterly joyous. A football was being kicked from one side of the street to the other (the height they could get on that f**ker was unreal at times), pantomime boos for a couple of stewards who weren't playing ball...until they threw it back into the crowd, a rogue had found himself high up on the biggest f**k off crane in the city, a Mo Salah lookalike was entertaining the masses slap bang in the middle of the road, hundreds had found themselves up on the building site and were setting off the fire extinguishers - and that was hours before the bus came down the Strand!

Around 7 o clock we saw the helicopter hovering somewhere over in the direction towards Leeds Street and everyone knew they were close as they turned onto the strand. The scene when they were coming down and all those smoke flares smudging the air and the fireworks going off was awesome. A homecoming entirely befitting of this whole club and the city but certainly no surprise - this is Liverpool after all!

You'd be forgiven for thinking that after being on the bus for near 4 hours and with all of them having barely had any sleep, the team would look worse for wear and sluggish. Not a bit. Robbo and Jimmy were banging the front of the bus, Chambo was pumping his fists and leading the chants. Bobby was swinging the cup over the opposite side of the bus. They're all legends now but they look so normal with it - not a hint of arrogance about this team. Up close they're just a normal bunch of lads who have worked their socks off to be the best they can be inspired and led by the special spirit that is Jürgen.  When he signed for us back in 2015, I remember him saying something along the lines that when he first signed for us that his job was to let us forget about everything going on in their lives for a couple of hours a week. He has done so much more than that! He has changed all our lives for the better - to bring joy to millions is the most special gift anyone could have. Jürgen has it in spades.

Strangely though, the tears didn't come on Saturday or Sunday (too much of a bubble) but they arrived this morning...quite a delayed reaction but after getting up and having a shower, upon reflection of the whole weekend and all the sights and sounds we took in the tears released themselves. I can't remember the last time I cried genuine tears of happiness. Thank you to everyone that makes Liverpool FC and the city of Liverpool what it is, you gave me one of, if not, the greatest weekend of my life.
      « Last Edit: Jun 04, 2019 07:54:12 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #537: Jun 03, 2019 10:01:32 pm
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #538: Jun 03, 2019 10:36:44 pm
      Club World Cup: Liverpool to play tournament in Qatar in December
      Liverpool will travel to Qatar in December to compete at Fifa's Club World Cup after the Gulf state was named as the new host.

The annual tournament, featuring the champions of six continents, will take place in the winter with Champions League winners Liverpool entering at the semi-final stage.
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48504200

Complete and utter F***ing waste of time I'm afraid and will cause more harm than good to premier league campaign
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #539: Jun 03, 2019 10:46:47 pm
      Complete and utter f**king waste of time I'm afraid and will cause more harm than good to premier league campaign

Agreed - I could not give a F**k about this competition
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #540: Jun 03, 2019 10:50:07 pm
      What an amazing weekend. Just got back from Liverpool a couple of hours back. I'm emotionally and physically drained but serene at the same time.

Me, my brother and sister got together for the final, the first Liverpool final we'd watched together since Istanbul in 2005. We didn't really know where we were going to watch it but in the end we found ourselves amongst the pack outside McCooley's on Temple/Mathew Street. I cannot tell you how nerve wracking this whole match was. The whole match was like an exorcism of all our near misses in recent years. I thought I was going to be sick with nerves when Spurs put on that spell of intense pressure towards the end of the second half. Seriously, I looked up the end of the street and I wanted to get out of there fast. It was sheer torture. So when Origi scored the second it was the best release I've ever had as a Liverpool supporter. I don't think anyone stopped screaming for about 10 minutes - it was unbelievable. I think by the end of it all I must have had numerous pints soaked into my clothes and hair!

And to top it all of, there was the parade. Oh my god - how much I would pay to relive those hours over and over again. We took to the Strand at about 3 o clock when there was already thousands lining the street. Found a nice spot just opposite the Travelodge, a few hundred yards up from the Liver building. The atmosphere was utterly joyous. A football was being kicked from one side of the street to the other (the height they could get on that f**ker was unreal at times), pantomime boos for a couple of stewards who weren't playing ball...until they threw it back into the crowd, a rogue had found himself high up on the biggest f**k off crane in the city, a Mo Salah lookalike was entertaining the masses slap bang in the middle of the road, hundreds had found themselves up on the building sight and were setting off the fire extinguishers - and that was hours before the bus came down the Strand!

Around 7 o clock we saw the helicopter hovering somewhere over in the direction towards Leeds Street and everyone knew they were close as they turned onto the strand. The scene when they were coming down and all those smoke flares smudging the air and the fireworks going off was awesome. A homecoming entirely befitting of this whole club and the city but certainly no surprise - this is Liverpool after all!

You'd be forgiven for thinking that after being on the bus for near 4 hours and with all of them having barely had any sleep, the team would look worse for wear and sluggish. Not a bit. Robbo and Jimmy were banging the front of the bus, Chambo was pumping his fists and leading the chants. Bobby was swinging the cup over the opposite side of the bus. They're all legends now but they look so normal with it - not a hint of arrogance about this team. Up close they're just a normal bunch of lads who have worked their socks off to be the best they can be inspired and led by the special spirit that is Jürgen.  When he signed for us back in 2015, I remember him saying something along the lines that when he first signed for us that his job was to let us forget about everything going on in their lives for a couple of hours a week. He has done so much more than that! He has changed all our lives for the better - to bring joy to millions is the most special gift anyone could have. Jürgen has it in spades.

Strangely though, the tears didn't come on Saturday or Sunday (too much of a bubble) but they arrived this morning...quite a delayed reaction but after getting up and having a shower, upon reflection of the whole weekend and all the sights and sounds we took in the tears released themselves. I can't remember the last time I cried genuine tears of happiness. Thank you to everyone that makes Liverpool FC and the city of Liverpool what it is, you gave me one of, if not, the greatest weekend of my life.

Superb post, I enjoyed reading that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #541: Jun 03, 2019 11:12:00 pm
      Agreed - I could not give a f**k about this competition

Except it will be another cup Citeh don't have 😉
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #542: Jun 04, 2019 12:59:26 am
      So the world of boston champions league final,dude in Villa shirt,sat down the bar,fair do's did watch the whole game .Spurs fans approx 3-4,2 showed up why into the second half giving out sh*te till divock shut them the F**k up!had my everton buddy next to me then the toon lad showed,f***in wish they did lfc only... but hey made a new friend,cayman islands via liverpool now in salem,huge hug after the first goal then we figured out names!saw  dudes with a Palmeiras shirt,an ac milan shirt,a chile shirt.Would be good if a few of the reds would come out for the wet wednesday afternoon v Sheffield united not just the glory of a final.Oh yeah had ads for the red carlsberg beer but wasn't available!go figure.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #543: Jun 04, 2019 02:45:05 am
      Six F***ing times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #544: Jun 04, 2019 03:35:33 am
      It was the statement about Wiki which is a site that anyone can update - not always accurate and certainly not always the best place for reference

Ah, I see. No question. Hence the "even." Just including it with the other other sources who had changed what they were saying in the past few days.

So...you obviously had a great time in Madrid. Think you'll be going to Qatar in December?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #545: Jun 04, 2019 06:56:16 am
      Seeing stuff like this all the time, especially from City fans

https://twitter.com/blue_mckenna/status/1135292113170685957?s=21

Literally the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #546: Jun 04, 2019 07:41:29 am

Haha their fan base is an absolute joke. Imagine being so bitter and deluded you would actually try push that narrative :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #547: Jun 04, 2019 08:26:22 am

CL on a par with the League cup. yeah right!! ;D, they can't seriously believe that
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #548: Jun 04, 2019 08:30:08 am
      CL on a par with the League cup. yeah right!! ;D, they can't seriously believe that

Read the comments mate, embarrassing. Joke club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #549: Jun 04, 2019 08:51:51 am

Yes it will go ahead, but i’d Send the kids rather than the 1st team squad, UEFA/ FIFA whoever are as usual taking the f***in piss, guess who will have the majority of tickets, here’s a clue, it won’t be the fans, both outfits using our club as a corporate jolly for those who don’t give a shiny sh*te about football, our club, or indeed the game itself, so f**k them, why jeopardise our league campaign so gazprom et al can wine and dine themselves with the prawn sandwich brigade and pretend to love football.

GREEDY KUNTS,  Here’s a question, if UEFA are so caring about their ‘Family’ then why didn’t they have fan zones for those who didn’t have tickets for the final, tell you why not, cos the weren’t making any f***in money out of it that’s why, I’ll say it again......GREEDY CORRUPT KUNTS ! !

YNWA

I don’t agree with the way they will go about things because again it’s the fans who will suffer from the greed as you say.

But I still want us to try and win it, play our strongest team and win a competition that you can only participate in by winning the Champions League and a competition we’ve never won before. Even though it’s not deemed the most prestigious of trophies, like the Community Shield and the Super Cup, if we were to win them all then we’d have gone from being runners up time and again, being told we have nothing to show for our improvement to finishing the year with 4 bits of silverware. For a team that had won a poxy single league cup in about 13 years, I think that would be a massive thing to achieve and set us on our way for more silverware in 2020. Winning breeds confidence and what better way than by collecting as much silverware as possible. They aren’t the most prestigious things to win but they are something that only opens up to very few teams.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #550: Jun 04, 2019 09:40:42 am
      I don’t agree with the way they will go about things because again it’s the fans who will suffer from the greed as you say.

But I still want us to try and win it, play our strongest team and win a competition that you can only participate in by winning the Champions League and a competition we’ve never won before. Even though it’s not deemed the most prestigious of trophies, like the Community Shield and the Super Cup, if we were to win them all then we’d have gone from being runners up time and again, being told we have nothing to show for our improvement to finishing the year with 4 bits of silverware. For a team that had won a poxy single league cup in about 13 years, I think that would be a massive thing to achieve and set us on our way for more silverware in 2020. Winning breeds confidence and what better way than by collecting as much silverware as possible. They aren’t the most prestigious things to win but they are something that only opens up to very few teams.

I've always found it a bit weird why it isn't given more respect, the winner of it is effectively the best team in the world which whatever way you slice it is BIG bragging rights. As you say you can only enter it if you win the CL so it should be treated with respect, I can remember being quite pissed off when we didn't win it in 2005 so I'd like us to go for it, normally that just means beating the top Brazilian or Argentinian team which we should be more than capable of.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #551: Jun 04, 2019 10:36:28 am
      Ah, I see. No question. Hence the "even." Just including it with the other other sources who had changed what they were saying in the past few days.

So...you obviously had a great time in Madrid. Think you'll be going to Qatar in December?

Nah I’ll give that a miss

Quick Reply