Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      109 (67.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.6%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      20 (12.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (4.3%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      8 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Voting closed: Jun 05, 2019 09:57:33 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 51790 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Jun 04, 2019 11:25:19 am

Istanbul for the SuperCup?

I wonder if anyone has calculated what it would cost a supporter to attend every away fixture in the upcoming season, even including the preseason trip to America. One thing I'm sure of, the supporters are not who the governing bodies are thinking about when they scheduled. The supporters' wallets on the other hand....
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 286 posts | 28 
      Reply #553: Jun 04, 2019 12:43:16 pm
      On Friday night I was about to change my LFC official calendar from May to June.

But Hendo was the featured player for May, and I wanted to keep in mind the vision of him lifting the trophy on Saturday night.

So I didn't turn the page until Sunday. Now it's Alisson for the rest of this month - and it's great to be reminded what a difference he's made.

Superstition rules. ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #554: Jun 04, 2019 02:18:20 pm
      I don’t agree with the way they will go about things because again it’s the fans who will suffer from the greed as you say.

But I still want us to try and win it, play our strongest team and win a competition that you can only participate in by winning the Champions League and a competition we’ve never won before. Even though it’s not deemed the most prestigious of trophies, like the Community Shield and the Super Cup, if we were to win them all then we’d have gone from being runners up time and again, being told we have nothing to show for our improvement to finishing the year with 4 bits of silverware. For a team that had won a poxy single league cup in about 13 years, I think that would be a massive thing to achieve and set us on our way for more silverware in 2020. Winning breeds confidence and what better way than by collecting as much silverware as possible. They aren’t the most prestigious things to win but they are something that only opens up to very few teams.

Fair comment mate, but why Qatar, could it be something to do with them being a oil rich state with Zillions to burn, having already bought the WC with no doubt back handed payments,  why not Paris, or Munich, or back at Madrid, 
      Qatar seems a pretty odd place to have such a event considering they are not a football nation and until recently had no association with football whatsoever,
      As usual Governing bodies succumb to the aroma of petro dollars, and not considering the concerns of football clubs, their fans or the logistics in travelling to take part, for a cup that has no real value or worth.

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #555: Jun 04, 2019 05:17:11 pm
      Fair comment mate, but why Qatar, could it be something to do with them being a oil rich state with Zillions to burn, having already bought the WC with no doubt back handed payments,  why not Paris, or Munich, or back at Madrid, 
      Qatar seems a pretty odd place to have such a event considering they are not a football nation and until recently had no association with football whatsoever,
      As usual Governing bodies succumb to the aroma of petro dollars, and not considering the concerns of football clubs, their fans or the logistics in travelling to take part, for a cup that has no real value or worth.

YNWA

Exactly. Supposed to be a dry run for the 2022 World Cup. Might be the first evidence if what a mistake FIFA has made with that award.

Sounds like bars and such are kind of a no-no there, so that could be interesting.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #556: Jun 04, 2019 07:05:31 pm
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/contact-us/

Any "specials" are usually done by the Liverpool Echo. Don't know if they ship to the USA...but a quick email to them would give you the info.

I tried but the only way to do it is by phone call and from the US it costs $5 a minute on my cell phone. I'll find it on Ebay eventually. Thanks.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #557: Jun 04, 2019 09:23:43 pm
      Please can we have Real Madrid in the group next year. Please!!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #558: Jun 04, 2019 09:35:38 pm
      There's an article with quotes which I'm not sure if has been posted around the reasoning behind choosing Benfica B as our warm up game.

Apparently they mirrored Spurs style of play, formation and defended set plays in the style of Spurs for us.

It went on that we didn't choose an English team due to worrying about leaks and Spanish teams due to Poch spending a lot of his career there or a French side due to Lloris.

A lot of thought really went into the opponent and it's a good insight into the level of detail Klopp and Ljinders put into their work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.101greatgoals.com/news/how-benfica-b-helped-liverpool-beat-tottenham-in-the-champions-league-final/amp/
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #559: Jun 04, 2019 10:26:18 pm
      There's an article with quotes which I'm not sure if has been posted around the reasoning behind choosing Benfica B as our warm up game.

Apparently they mirrored Spurs style of play, formation and defended set plays in the style of Spurs for us.

It went on that we didn't choose an English team due to worrying about leaks and Spanish teams due to Poch spending a lot of his career there or a French side due to Lloris.

A lot of thought really went into the opponent and it's a good insight into the level of detail Klopp and Ljinders put into their work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.101greatgoals.com/news/how-benfica-b-helped-liverpool-beat-tottenham-in-the-champions-league-final/amp/

https://twitter.com/livecholfc/status/1135969716365742080?s=21
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #560: Jun 04, 2019 10:41:43 pm
      Please can we have Real Madrid in the group next year. Please!!!!

Nah, in the final and for us to get revenge :)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #561: Jun 05, 2019 10:05:07 am
      This tweet has a great thread below (you need to click on the tweet to read comments below), all the little moments that made this champions league run so special.

Personal favourite for me is always going to be Suárez running at Robertson thinking they’re through even before playing at Anfield. It’s the best feeling in the world knowing that c**t and Coutinho got absolutely spanked and sent packing.

https://twitter.com/jbradleymedia/status/1135898311783800832?s=21
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2019 10:11:16 am by LondonRed83 »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #562: Jun 05, 2019 07:47:21 pm
      Going a bit mental on the old twitter today. This is amazing, a thread of clips from fans across the world (you have to click onto the tweet and read comments below)

Wow

https://twitter.com/nesreenmoussa/status/1135853794867200001?s=21
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #563: Jun 05, 2019 08:12:53 pm
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #564: Jun 05, 2019 10:43:20 pm
      Going a bit mental on the old twitter today. This is amazing, a thread of clips from fans across the world (you have to click onto the tweet and read comments below)

Wow

https://twitter.com/nesreenmoussa/status/1135853794867200001?s=21
      F***ing boss that mate ,loved the clip of stevie  & Gary Mac getting a hug from
      Jürgen 3 legends together.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #565: Jun 05, 2019 11:06:47 pm
      I remember our first Uefa Cup at Anfield in the Rain and the commanding performance against Newcastle which became the platform for greatness. But I have never felt this way about our club or team for the young fans enjoy this time with Jürgen its going to be special
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #566: Jun 05, 2019 11:28:41 pm
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #567: Jun 06, 2019 10:25:49 am
      well f**king hell!! great turn turn out from the reds in Boston,not really surprised but why would people leave before the cup presentation?? ???...Still f***in great time at The Field pub.Not in a fit state to come up with anything f**king profound,Allez Les Rouge! :kop5cf8koxp6:

I've never been to the Field, does it compare to Phoenix Landing?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #568: Jun 06, 2019 10:33:55 am
      Nah, in the final and for us to get revenge :)

And thrash the bas**rds to teach them a lesson.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #569: Jun 07, 2019 03:51:32 pm
      Quote from heimdall
      I've always found it a bit weird why it isn't given more respect, the winner of it is effectively the best team in the world which whatever way you slice it is BIG bragging rights.

You have lots of people insisting Barcelona are the best team in the world, which is crap since they haven't won the European Cup since 2015, let alone be world champions.

The World Club Cup is usually in the most obscure location FIFA can find. Japan held it for about 20 years, Brazil had it when the mancs walked away from the FA Cup, Morocco has held it recently, and it's been in UAE for the past couple of years. Instead of playing it last year by winning the European Cup, we had to go to Wolves in the pising rain, while Real won it again in 25c. Moving it to Doha isn't moving it very far. But it's a nice break from trips to Burnley and Bournemouth in the freezing cold that we normally have to face at that time of year. 

Quote from king kenny
      The 3 weeks break which nowadays is hardly given before the pre season in summer.  Who in the right mind is expecting a high octane Charity shield.  IT won't happen because the players will just not have the legs.   It was a farce to have such a break for the teams. We are Champions of Europe. 

I've said it before the final but I'll say it again, because it needs to be.

The long break before the final is the FA's fault for starting the EPL before everyone else in Europe, just 4 weeks after the World Cup Final, therefore the league finished earlier than everyone else. UEFA bear no responsibility for the gap. The FA are not known for their willingness to help their representatives in Europe.

We are the first side to keep a clean sheet in the final since the very first Saturday night final, in Madrid in 2010.

The all important fixture list is released next week. Pre-season starts in about 4 weeks time, minus those players involved in summer tournaments. We will be playing games again before the ongoing Cricket WC is over.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #570: Jun 07, 2019 04:02:31 pm
      You have lots of people insisting Barcelona are the best team in the world, which is crap since they haven't won the European Cup since 2015, let alone be world champions.

The World Club Cup is usually in the most obscure location FIFA can find. Japan held it for about 20 years, Brazil had it when the mancs walked away from the FA Cup, Morocco has held it recently, and it's been in UAE for the past couple of years. Instead of playing it last year by winning the European Cup, we had to go to Wolves in the pising rain, while Real won it again in 25c. Moving it to Doha isn't moving it very far. But it's a nice break from trips to Burnley and Bournemouth in the freezing cold that we normally have to face at that time of year. 

I've said it before the final but I'll say it again, because it needs to be.

The long break before the final is the FA's fault for starting the EPL before everyone else in Europe, just 4 weeks after the World Cup Final, therefore the league finished earlier than everyone else. UEFA bear no responsibility for the gap. The FA are not known for their willingness to help their representatives in Europe.

We are the first side to keep a clean sheet in the final since the very first Saturday night final, in Madrid in 2010.

The all important fixture list is released next week. Pre-season starts in about 4 weeks time, minus those players involved in summer tournaments. We will be playing games again before the ongoing Cricket WC is over.

Or could have simply removed one of those 3 matches in 7 days weeks and pushed the league season and FA Cup back a week and the break would have been reasonable. In originally thought the Europa final had been moved to a Saturday but it is still midweek..agree this on the FA.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #571: Jun 07, 2019 04:24:56 pm
      Loved the Klopp/Gerrard Hug genuine respect there. Hopefully if Jürgen does want a rest in a few more years Stevie will be ready .
      But can you imagine having to take over after Jürgen has just won two CL's and three EPL
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #572: Jun 08, 2019 11:54:06 am
      It's been one week now. SIX TIMES!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #573: Jun 08, 2019 11:58:48 am
      It's been one week now. SIX TIMES!

Andcwhat a different feeling. Was literally shitting myself last week. But today ? The joy of six
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #574: Jun 08, 2019 01:04:30 pm
      Insights from the players on how they took Barca apart.

https://youtu.be/zeiAUvbnhkU

Quick Reply