Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      109 (67.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.6%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      20 (12.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (4.3%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      8 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Voting closed: Jun 05, 2019 09:57:33 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 51791 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Jun 08, 2019 01:13:00 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #576: Jun 08, 2019 01:55:26 pm
      It's been one week now. SIX TIMES!

That pic is superb.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #577: Jun 08, 2019 03:57:54 pm
      Lost count now how many times I have watched either the full game or game highlights I might just watch it again tonight .
      What a weekend it was I cant think of a better one. The one thing that sticks in my mind is how every single member of the club celebrated as one regardless of whether they played or not. Just an incredible achievement by Jürgen and the boys. Spain's Champions torn apart at Anfield, Germany's taken apart in Munich it was an incredible season and we have won my Favourite piece of Silverware.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #578: Jun 08, 2019 04:17:52 pm
      Going a bit mental on the old twitter today. This is amazing, a thread of clips from fans across the world (you have to click onto the tweet and read comments below)

Wow

https://twitter.com/nesreenmoussa/status/1135853794867200001?s=21

Wow... Just gone through that thread and obviously we all know the size and reach of this club but F***ing hell the crowds from everywhere, Mongolia to Norway, unreal... Great thread to look through!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #579: Jun 08, 2019 04:19:06 pm
      I've never been to the Field, does it compare to Phoenix Landing?

I've not been in the landing since 2012,so....The Field ain't connected to the official lot,gets a few stragglers/overspill.Got there around 12.30 last week and there were people in LFC shirts walking away,feared it was full but plenty of room,no clue why folks were going away?weirdos!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #580: Jun 08, 2019 05:09:26 pm

I've not been in the landing since 2012,so....The Field ain't connected to the official lot,gets a few stragglers/overspill.Got there around 12.30 last week and there were people in LFC shirts walking away,feared it was full but plenty of room,no clue why folks were going away?weirdos!

They may have just remembered that there was an American Ninja Warrior viewing party going on the same time.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #581: Jun 08, 2019 05:40:44 pm
      They may have just remembered that there was an American Ninja Warrior viewing party going on the same time.

There was the cambridge arts fest going on,so maybe they went to buy some over priced homemade trinket or a tie dye shirt,i dunno i was on a beer quest at that point!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #582: Jun 08, 2019 05:40:58 pm
      Hey was there some spat/incident/something during either the victory celebration in Madrid or the after the semifinal leg at Anfield between Mane and Lovren? I spoke earlier to an expat supporter who said there has been a lot of talk in the media and supposedly the club unhappy with Dejan about something he was caught on camera saying or doing to Sadio during the immediate aftermath of the win?

I've looked at a lot of videos of all of it and I don't recall seeing this. Anyone know what he's on about?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #583: Jun 08, 2019 05:46:48 pm
      Going a bit mental on the old twitter today. This is amazing, a thread of clips from fans across the world (you have to click onto the tweet and read comments below)

Wow

https://twitter.com/nesreenmoussa/status/1135853794867200001?s=21

F***ing crazy scenes/ numbers of people ya do forget,i do wish people would put the cellphones down and enjoy the F***ing moment.Kids today!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #584: Jun 08, 2019 05:51:49 pm
      Hey was there some spat/incident/something during either the victory celebration in Madrid or the after the semifinal leg at Anfield between Mane and Lovren? I spoke earlier to an expat supporter who said there has been a lot of talk in the media and supposedly the club unhappy with Dejan about something he was caught on camera saying or doing to Sadio during the immediate aftermath of the win?

I've looked at a lot of videos of all of it and I don't recall seeing this. Anyone know what he's on about?

Dejan was trying to get a photo organized,mane had the cup,think it was more telling ya mates to get the F**k out,gobs***e than being hostile!Ya daft c**t!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #585: Jun 08, 2019 05:58:56 pm

Dejan was trying to get a photo organized,mane had the cup,think it was more telling ya mates to get the f**k out,gobs***e than being hostile!Ya daft c**t!
      ;D. OK

Should have known as much. Thanks.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #586: Jun 08, 2019 06:24:26 pm

Right at the start of the vid. You can tell from the tone he wasn't being serious or aggressive, more in a chilled joking manner to a friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weec_jzudc8
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #587: Jun 08, 2019 06:40:32 pm

Dejan was trying to get a photo organized,mane had the cup,think it was more telling ya mates to get the f**k out,gobs***e than being hostile!Ya daft c**t!

Yeah, if that was it, it was definitely a joke. Like.. "get off the cup, it's mine" but not serious. Came across a bit awkward, but seemingly nothing was meant by it.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #588: Jun 08, 2019 07:40:30 pm
      Justin Edinburgh who was in Madrid supporting his old team Spurs, has sadly died after being taken ill on Monday morning, after returning from Madrid. He was 49 years old, too young. Didn’t know where to post this, hope it’s OK to post here. Deepest sympathies to all his family and friends, so sad. RIP
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #589: Jun 09, 2019 05:33:44 am
      Woweeeeeeeeeee

Best weekend of my Life and we brought Number 6 Home. What a F***ing weekend.

Knew I'd need a few days after that to get back on here and give you guys a quick rundown of mine and Crouchie's trip, from my perspective.

F***ing BRILLIANT!!!

We arrived in Madrid Friday night before the game (Crouchie arrived 1 hour b4 me), dumped our bags at the Hotel about 12 midnight, headed out to get something to eat and a quick beer before getting some sleep for the next days festivities.

Walking back and we run into a big puff of smoke. Happy F***ing Days. 2 15 year olds smoking a big doobie which they were ever so happy to share with us!!  :D  Ended up buying some off them to last the 3 days we were in the city.  ;D ;D We took the 3 minute walk back to our Hotel and we were fu**ed.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Up the next day and we head off for our fanzone. Walked past a quiet Spurs one and then a 15 minute walk to our one but you could hear it from 10 minutes away!!

We got a slab of beers and as there was no ice, Crouchie decided to buy a bag of peas  :D :D to keep the beers cold. That went down a treat. After a while it was so F***ing hot, I put the bag on my head to cool down and the crowd started singing, "He's got a bag of peas on his head!!"  :lmao: :lmao:

Next we met Dado and his mate Miro and not long after Diego and his lovely wife.

Plenty more booze was bought and drunk as we sang, smoked and smoked  ;D our way through 37 degree heat!!

It was sadly time to say goodbye and let Dado and Miro go on their ways but there was 1 more stop we made before we said good bye , however Diego and his wife did not join us. We met a lovely fella  :lmao: who gave us something that we consumed in the Burger King toilets. It's like a drink they sell there but it wasn't from Burger King and we didn't drink it!!!  :lmao: :lmao:

Next me and Crouchie made our way to The Triskel Tavern for the game. We were fu**ed, so drank water for the rest of the night, watched the match nervous as F**k but when first Divock scored, then Jordan lifted Number 6, the place went nuts. We spilled out onto the streets of Madrid for some epic celebrations. (have tried posting a video but not working for some F***ing reason!!!). I was smashed and just wanted to sit down for a few minutes and take it all in but my body would not move to get back up!!! :lmao: :lmao:  I looked up and there was Crouchie climbing a F***ing tree to celebrate.  :D :D :D

Got back to Hotel at 4 am and crashed, woke up, said bye to Crouchie as he was flying home but I had 1 more day. Decided to go up to the rooftop of the Hotel where they had an infinity pool. Sat in it with about 9 other lads and a lass who went and got us 2 slabs to drink. F***ing legendary. Smashed again. They all left, so I smoked my last joint and then headed to bed for an early morning flight home.

Madrid to Abu Dhabi was a 6 hour flight but met some lads, 2 LFC and 1 Spurs fan and ended up drinking at the back of the plane for 4 of the 6 hours. :D

Got off the plane in AD and pretty pissed but ready for my next 13 hour flight home. Couldn't sleep so drank again ;D and when I got to Customs in Australia, I was wearing my Liverpool scarf and top and the Customs bloke ushered me through from a big line and said Go Reds...go straight through.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Home safe and sound, what a F***ing 4 days that was. Made up that I made that trip with Crouchie, will never forget it so thanks mate and a special thanks to Dado as well especially for the pizzas that he surprised us with, in the middle of the fanzone. Honored to have been there with you guys and Diego.

Seriously got the bug now, already booked Holidays and hope to see more of you guys in Istanbul for Number 7! This time we NEED A TICKET PLEASE!!

Champions of F***ing Europe. Again!!! #Number6.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :champ:
      +23
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #590: Jun 09, 2019 06:13:14 am
      Woweeeeeeeeeee

Best weekend of my Life and we brought Number 6 Home. What a f**king weekend.

Knew I'd need a few days after that to get back on here and give you guys a quick rundown of mine and Crouchie's trip, from my perspective.

F***ing BRILLIANT!!!

We arrived in Madrid Friday night before the game (Crouchie arrived 1 hour b4 me), dumped our bags at the Hotel about 12 midnight, headed out to get something to eat and a quick beer before getting some sleep for the next days festivities.

Walking back and we run into a big puff of smoke. Happy f**king Days. 2 15 year olds smoking a big doobie which they were ever so happy to share with us!!  :D  Ended up buying some off them to last the 3 days we were in the city.  ;D ;D We took the 3 minute walk back to our Hotel and we were fu**ed.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Up the next day and we head off for our fanzone. Walked past a quiet Spurs one and then a 15 minute walk to our one but you could hear it from 10 minutes away!!

We got a slab of beers and as there was no ice, Crouchie decided to buy a bag of peas  :D :D to keep the beers cold. That went down a treat. After a while it was so f**king hot, I put the bag on my head to cool down and the crowd started singing, "He's got a bag of peas on his head!!"  :lmao: :lmao:

Next we met Dado and his mate Miro and not long after Diego and his lovely wife.

Plenty more booze was bought and drunk as we sang, smoked and smoked  ;D our way through 37 degree heat!!

It was sadly time to say goodbye and let Dado and Miro go on their ways but there was 1 more stop we made before we said good bye , however Diego and his wife did not join us. We met a lovely fella  :lmao: who gave us something that we consumed in the Burger King toilets. It's like a drink they sell there but it wasn't from Burger King and we didn't drink it!!!  :lmao: :lmao:

Next me and Crouchie made our way to The Triskel Tavern for the game. We were fu**ed, so drank water for the rest of the night, watched the match nervous as f**k but when first Divock scored, then Jordan lifted Number 6, the place went nuts. We spilled out onto the streets of Madrid for some epic celebrations. (have tried posting a video but not working for some f**king reason!!!). I was smashed and just wanted to sit down for a few minutes and take it all in but my body would not move to get back up!!! :lmao: :lmao:  I looked up and there was Crouchie climbing a f**king tree to celebrate.  :D :D :D

Got back to Hotel at 4 am and crashed, woke up, said bye to Crouchie as he was flying home but I had 1 more day. Decided to go up to the rooftop of the Hotel where they had an infinity pool. Sat in it with about 9 other lads and a lass who went and got us 2 slabs to drink. F***ing legendary. Smashed again. They all left, so I smoked my last joint and then headed to bed for an early morning flight home.

Madrid to Abu Dhabi was a 6 hour flight but met some lads, 2 LFC and 1 Spurs fan and ended up drinking at the back of the plane for 4 of the 6 hours. :D

Got off the plane in AD and pretty pissed but ready for my next 13 hour flight home. Couldn't sleep so drank again ;D and when I got to Customs in Australia, I was wearing my Liverpool scarf and top and the Customs bloke ushered me through from a big line and said Go Reds...go straight through.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Home safe and sound, what a f**king 4 days that was. Made up that I made that trip with Crouchie, will never forget it so thanks mate and a special thanks to Dado as well especially for the pizzas that he surprised us with, in the middle of the fanzone. Honored to have been there with you guys and Diego.

Seriously got the bug now, already booked Holidays and hope to see more of you guys in Istanbul for Number 7! This time we NEED A TICKET PLEASE!!

Epic write up mate and an epic unforgettable day was a pleasure meeting you lads. Can’t wait to do it again Burger King will never be the same!!! :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #591: Jun 09, 2019 06:27:11 am
      Epic write up mate and an epic unforgettable day was a pleasure meeting you lads. Can’t wait to do it again Burger King will never be the same!!! :)

Thanks Bruv. Will never forget our day and you came up with the goods not once but twice. Legendary status in my eyes mate and I've talked to Crouchie, our shout in Istanbul!!!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #592: Jun 09, 2019 06:53:49 am
      Woweeeeeeeeeee

Best weekend of my Life and we brought Number 6 Home. What a F***ing weekend.

F***ing BRILLIANT!!!

Walking back and we run into a big puff of smoke. Happy F***ing Days. 2 15 year olds smoking a big doobie which they were ever so happy to share with us!!  :D  Ended up buying some off them to last the 3 days we were in the city.  ;D ;D We took the 3 minute walk back to our Hotel and we were fu**ed.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We got a slab of beers and as there was no ice, Crouchie decided to buy a bag of peas  :D :D to keep the beers cold. That went down a treat. After a while it was so F***ing hot, I put the bag on my head to cool down and the crowd started singing, "He's got a bag of peas on his head!!"  :lmao: :lmao:

Next me and Crouchie made our way to The Triskel Tavern for the game. We were fu**ed, so drank water for the rest of the night, watched the match nervous as F**k but when first Divock scored, then Jordan lifted Number 6, the place went nuts. We spilled out onto the streets of Madrid for some epic celebrations. (have tried posting a video but not working for some F***ing reason!!!). I was smashed and just wanted to sit down for a few minutes and take it all in but my body would not move to get back up!!! :lmao: :lmao:  I looked up and there was Crouchie climbing a F***ing tree to celebrate.  :D :D :D

Home safe and sound, what a F***ing 4 days that was. Made up that I made that trip with Crouchie, will never forget it so thanks mate and a special thanks to Dado as well especially for the pizzas that he surprised us with, in the middle of the fanzone. Honored to have been there with you guys and Diego.

Class pal.

I've the accomodation booked for Istanbul already (free cancellation) so all being well I'll be there too.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #593: Jun 09, 2019 09:21:17 am
      Woweeeeeeeeeee

F***ing BRILLIANT!!!

Walking back and we run into a big puff of smoke. Happy f**king Days. 2 15 year olds smoking a big doobie which they were ever so happy to share with us!!  :D  Ended up buying some off them to last the 3 days we were in the city.  ;D ;D We took the 3 minute walk back to our Hotel and we were fu**ed.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We got a slab of beers and as there was no ice, Crouchie decided to buy a bag of peas  :D :D to keep the beers cold. That went down a treat. After a while it was so f**king hot, I put the bag on my head to cool down and the crowd started singing, "He's got a bag of peas on his head!!"  :lmao: :lmao:

Next me and Crouchie made our way to The Triskel Tavern for the game. We were fu**ed, so drank water for the rest of the night, watched the match nervous as f**k but when first Divock scored, then Jordan lifted Number 6, the place went nuts. We spilled out onto the streets of Madrid for some epic celebrations. (have tried posting a video but not working for some f**king reason!!!). I was smashed and just wanted to sit down for a few minutes and take it all in but my body would not move to get back up!!! :lmao: :lmao:  I looked up and there was Crouchie climbing a f**king tree to celebrate.  :D :D :D

Home safe and sound, what a f**king 4 days that was. Made up that I made that trip with Crouchie, will never forget it so thanks mate and a special thanks to Dado as well especially for the pizzas that he surprised us with, in the middle of the fanzone. Honored to have been there with you guys and Diego.

A day in the lifes of Aussiered, Crouchie, Dado et al ...
      Made up for you guys, what a journey, what a experience,  jealous as F**k,

So happy for you all..    6TIMES.

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #594: Jun 09, 2019 12:19:43 pm
      Combining this:

It was sadly time to say goodbye and let Dado and Miro go on their ways but there was 1 more stop we made before we said good bye , however Diego and his wife did not join us. We met a lovely fella  :lmao: who gave us something that we consumed in the Burger King toilets. It's like a drink they sell there but it wasn't from Burger King and we didn't drink it!!! :lmao: :lmao:

With this:

Reminds me of an old movie you may not know. It's called The Midnight Express.   ;D

If you think your trip to Madrid was memorable.....

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #595: Jun 09, 2019 01:24:25 pm
      Combining this:
      With this:
      Reminds me of an old movie you may not know. It's called The Midnight Express.   ;D

If you think your trip to Madrid was memorable.....

F***ing hell. Think i would last an hour with that lot.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #596: Jun 09, 2019 07:26:15 pm
      Woweeeeeeeeeee

F***ing BRILLIANT!!!

Thanks for sharing your crazy story with us  ;) I can only imagine what a crazy F***ing ride that 4 days must have been   ;D Glad you made it back safe and sound  ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #597: Jun 10, 2019 10:00:51 pm
      Cheers Lads, memories that will never be forgotten.

Must ring Crouchie later, he's still not been back on here!!! Maybe still up in that Tree.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply