Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      109 (67.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.6%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      20 (12.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (4.3%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      8 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Voting closed: Jun 05, 2019 09:57:33 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 51784 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Jun 10, 2019 10:07:27 pm
      What do you have to do around here to get a 6th Star on your profile?  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #599: Jun 10, 2019 10:36:56 pm
      What do you have to do around here to get a 6th Star on your profile?  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D

Climb up a tree..😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #600: Jun 10, 2019 10:38:14 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

F***ing Crouchie!!!  :D :D :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #601: Jun 10, 2019 10:47:09 pm

I remember a Castlemaine XXXX advert...

Snowey..!!!

‘ I can see the pub from here’ that’s how I’m visioning Crouchie 😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XRJwJc6Yppo
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #602: Jun 10, 2019 10:50:04 pm
      That's F***ing Brilliant mate.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #603: Jun 11, 2019 12:01:27 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #604: Jun 11, 2019 03:52:01 am
      I remember a Castlemaine XXXX advert...

Snowey..!!!

‘ I can see the pub from here’ that’s how I’m visioning Crouchie 😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XRJwJc6Yppo

My Vision:

grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #605: Jun 11, 2019 07:28:17 am
      Absolute whirlwind season this has been. Getting to 97 points and not winning the league was gut wrenching, but the comeback against Barcelona and winning big ears once again made up for it and more.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #606: Jun 11, 2019 10:47:51 am
      Woweeeeeeeeeee

Best weekend of my Life and we brought Number 6 Home. What a f**king weekend.

Knew I'd need a few days after that to get back on here and give you guys a quick rundown of mine and Crouchie's trip, from my perspective.

F***ing BRILLIANT!!!

We arrived in Madrid Friday night before the game (Crouchie arrived 1 hour b4 me), dumped our bags at the Hotel about 12 midnight, headed out to get something to eat and a quick beer before getting some sleep for the next days festivities.

Walking back and we run into a big puff of smoke. Happy f**king Days. 2 15 year olds smoking a big doobie which they were ever so happy to share with us!!  :D  Ended up buying some off them to last the 3 days we were in the city.  ;D ;D We took the 3 minute walk back to our Hotel and we were fu**ed.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Up the next day and we head off for our fanzone. Walked past a quiet Spurs one and then a 15 minute walk to our one but you could hear it from 10 minutes away!!

We got a slab of beers and as there was no ice, Crouchie decided to buy a bag of peas  :D :D to keep the beers cold. That went down a treat. After a while it was so f**king hot, I put the bag on my head to cool down and the crowd started singing, "He's got a bag of peas on his head!!"  :lmao: :lmao:

Next we met Dado and his mate Miro and not long after Diego and his lovely wife.

Plenty more booze was bought and drunk as we sang, smoked and smoked  ;D our way through 37 degree heat!!

It was sadly time to say goodbye and let Dado and Miro go on their ways but there was 1 more stop we made before we said good bye , however Diego and his wife did not join us. We met a lovely fella  :lmao: who gave us something that we consumed in the Burger King toilets. It's like a drink they sell there but it wasn't from Burger King and we didn't drink it!!!  :lmao: :lmao:

Next me and Crouchie made our way to The Triskel Tavern for the game. We were fu**ed, so drank water for the rest of the night, watched the match nervous as f**k but when first Divock scored, then Jordan lifted Number 6, the place went nuts. We spilled out onto the streets of Madrid for some epic celebrations. (have tried posting a video but not working for some f**king reason!!!). I was smashed and just wanted to sit down for a few minutes and take it all in but my body would not move to get back up!!! :lmao: :lmao:  I looked up and there was Crouchie climbing a f**king tree to celebrate.  :D :D :D

Got back to Hotel at 4 am and crashed, woke up, said bye to Crouchie as he was flying home but I had 1 more day. Decided to go up to the rooftop of the Hotel where they had an infinity pool. Sat in it with about 9 other lads and a lass who went and got us 2 slabs to drink. F***ing legendary. Smashed again. They all left, so I smoked my last joint and then headed to bed for an early morning flight home.

Madrid to Abu Dhabi was a 6 hour flight but met some lads, 2 LFC and 1 Spurs fan and ended up drinking at the back of the plane for 4 of the 6 hours. :D

Got off the plane in AD and pretty pissed but ready for my next 13 hour flight home. Couldn't sleep so drank again ;D and when I got to Customs in Australia, I was wearing my Liverpool scarf and top and the Customs bloke ushered me through from a big line and said Go Reds...go straight through.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Home safe and sound, what a f**king 4 days that was. Made up that I made that trip with Crouchie, will never forget it so thanks mate and a special thanks to Dado as well especially for the pizzas that he surprised us with, in the middle of the fanzone. Honored to have been there with you guys and Diego.

Seriously got the bug now, already booked Holidays and hope to see more of you guys in Istanbul for Number 7! This time we NEED A TICKET PLEASE!!

Champions of F***ing Europe. Again!!! #Number6.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :champ:

One hell of a journey that mate kudos to all of you,gave me a right chuckle about the lad with the green,you must have a nose like a bloodhound mate ,where there is green Aussiered will find it 👍.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #607: Jun 12, 2019 12:45:25 am
      One hell of a journey that mate kudos to all of you,gave me a right chuckle about the lad with the green,you must have a nose like a bloodhound mate ,where there is green Aussiered will find it 👍.

I'll be in Istanbul on the 30th May 2020.  :D
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #608: Jun 12, 2019 02:32:14 am
      Who else still celebrate :D   :drinking:  :scarf:  :champ:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #609: Jun 12, 2019 01:22:14 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #610: Jun 12, 2019 03:01:38 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #611: Jun 12, 2019 03:27:41 pm

Dusty in here...😢

The Hendo hug gets me most..
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #612: Jun 13, 2019 11:58:52 pm
      Quote from Robby The Z
      Or could have simply removed one of those 3 matches in 7 days weeks and pushed the league season and FA Cup back a week and the break would have been reasonable. In originally thought the Europa final had been moved to a Saturday but it is still midweek..agree this on the FA.

There are three scheduled midweek matchdays every year. One of which is the turn of Jan/Feb, and the other two fitted in to spaces in the calendar. This year it was December-January-February, last year it was November-December-January. The previous year, one of them was in April. Other countries do the same thing in their leagues.

I'm not a big fan of training camps during the season, and after the last two, results immediately after them didn't go to plan. But I have to say, Jürgen and the staff got it spot on for this final. The players were taken away to prepare properly for it, even down to the training game. By contrast, the opposition stayed where they were,  did nothing, played nobody, did not acclimatise, played the wrong team, and their performance in the final reflected that. To me, they looked just happy to be involved, we went to win. It took us just 1 minute and 49 seconds to win the cup for the sixth time.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #613: Jun 14, 2019 09:23:20 am

What a team, what unity there is in this squad, this is just the start of our success.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #614: Jun 14, 2019 09:24:49 am
      There are three scheduled midweek matchdays every year. One of which is the turn of Jan/Feb, and the other two fitted in to spaces in the calendar. This year it was December-January-February, last year it was November-December-January. The previous year, one of them was in April. Other countries do the same thing in their leagues.

I'm not a big fan of training camps during the season, and after the last two, results immediately after them didn't go to plan. But I have to say, Jürgen and the staff got it spot on for this final. The players were taken away to prepare properly for it, even down to the training game. By contrast, the opposition stayed where they were,  did nothing, played nobody, did not acclimatise, played the wrong team, and their performance in the final reflected that. To me, they looked just happy to be involved, we went to win. It took us just 1 minute and 49 seconds to win the cup for the sixth time.

In fairness both team were pretty crap and below there normal levels, in attack and midfield especially, in the final, but who cares, it worked, we won :-)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #615: Jun 14, 2019 11:35:25 pm
      Who cares how poor the final was!

There's a reason in 20 years time they'll still be talking about Istanbul and not Madrid.

Love love love this club!

Now for no. 19!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #616: Jun 15, 2019 12:13:46 am
      I still can't see enough of the Champions League Cup Final,hardly a day goes by when I don't look at the highlights and after match celebrations.In the memory box for ever and ever.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #617: Jun 15, 2019 12:38:56 am
      Who cares how poor the final was!

There's a reason in 20 years time they'll still be talking about Istanbul and not Madrid.

Love love love this club!

Now for no. 19!

Barcelona at Anfield won us the champions league. That was the game that everyone will remember for 100s of years to come.

I watch that every day on my BT Sport app
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #618: Jun 15, 2019 12:50:58 am
      Barcelona at Anfield won us the champions league. That was the game that everyone will remember for 100s of years to come.

I watch that every day on my BT Sport app

That game will take some beating.

People have said to me how poor the final was but who actually gives a sh*t?! It's not the quality of the final or your overall performance that brings home the trophy, it's how many times you put the ball in the net and we done that 2 more times than Spurs so f**k them and f**k everyone else. We're kings of Europe and that's all that matters. Ask City, United, Spartak Moscow and whoever else, they'd happily have a final with that performance if it meant they were still going home with the trophy.

I was a little concerned going into the final but looking back I don't think it was a case of worrying or thinking we would lose the final, it was the fact that there seemed more pressure playing a team from our league and the thought of losing to another English team just didn't bare thinking about. But, I think a lot of us felt we were going to put right last years result when the final whistle went vs Barca. I think the team knew it was our year after that result too. Yes Spurs had a great comeback vs Ajax but come on, it's Ajax, yes they are a good side but it doesn't compare to completely ripping Barca apart 4-0. The difference in quality between Ajax and Barca isn't even comparable, especially when one of them teams was going into the 2nd leg 3-0 up against a team that had hit the 90 point mark in domestic football.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #619: Jun 15, 2019 10:03:34 am
      CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE.....

Has anybody stopped Smiling yet ?

I  HAVEN'T  ! ! !

YNWA

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #620: Jun 15, 2019 11:49:33 am
      I loved that final I may celebrate the two week anniversary tonight by watching it again. It was for every single person connected with the club the perfect weekend.

Quick Reply