Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      109 (67.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.6%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      20 (12.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (4.3%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      8 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Voting closed: Jun 05, 2019 09:57:33 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 51794 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Jun 23, 2019 04:10:13 pm
      So just went in to see my grandad in hospital, he's 91 and has quite bad liver problems and skin infections. Unfortunately he went into hospital the week before the final, and despite early signs he might get out before, he unfortunately was kept in and has since still not been released.

Obviously he couldn't watch the game, he had it on radio but hasn't seen anything since. As the hospital has no 4G signal or WiFi, I decided to record the highlights, post match celebrations, interviews, parade etc. on my laptop, so I could show him as much as possible.

Just spent a very enjoyable hour or two bringing him some kind of relief from the utter boredom of being confined to a hospital bed for weeks on end. Biggest smile I've seen on him in a while.

Just another example of the happiness this team is bringing us. Fingers crossed for even more...

It's amazing. Was feeling a bit low the othernight ( dad diagnosed with parkinsons) and watched some footage of reds celebrating number 6 around the world and it perkedme up.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #645: Jun 23, 2019 04:35:41 pm
      It's amazing. Was feeling a bit low the othernight ( dad diagnosed with parkinsons) and watched some footage of reds celebrating number 6 around the world and it perkedme up.

Absolutely mate. Jürgen said it best in his first presser at the club.
      “We have to entertain them, we have to make their life better. We are not saving lives, we are not doctors.

“It’s our job to make them forget their problems for 90 minutes. That’s how I would want to live if I wasn’t manager."

Wishing you and your dad all the best FK 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #646: Jun 23, 2019 06:55:32 pm
      So just went in to see my grandad in hospital, he's 91 and has quite bad liver problems and skin infections. Unfortunately he went into hospital the week before the final, and despite early signs he might get out before, he unfortunately was kept in and has since still not been released.

Obviously he couldn't watch the game, he had it on radio but hasn't seen anything since. As the hospital has no 4G signal or WiFi, I decided to record the highlights, post match celebrations, interviews, parade etc. on my laptop, so I could show him as much as possible.

Just spent a very enjoyable hour or two bringing him some kind of relief from the utter boredom of being confined to a hospital bed for weeks on end. Biggest smile I've seen on him in a while.

Just another example of the happiness this team is bringing us. Fingers crossed for even more...
      laughing and general happiness is a great boost when your not doing well. Just think about the Barca game and then the final its just a tonic. Hope he is feeling just a little better after seeing Jürgen lift the Cup with his "boys"
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #647: Jun 23, 2019 09:31:49 pm
      Fair point, that was a special match from start to finish, especially the finish, the genius of that corner, still makes me smile :-)

Could be because Bobby and Mo didn't play, that in a way took the pressure off.Gini wasn't even in the starting line up and was the first player to score 2 against Barca coming off the bench in the C/L.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #648: Jun 23, 2019 10:11:07 pm

You are a good grandson. Well done!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #649: Jun 23, 2019 10:13:35 pm
      When Wijnaldum gets the third it’s like hysteria and then Origi grabbing the forth was more of ‘this can’t be happening’ feeling.

To be honest I’m still in shock

Just watched the new documentary on LFC TV. It didn't really include anything I hadn't seen in multiple other highlight packages many times over the past three weeks, but was still brilliant, and as a matter of fact, when Gini  made it 3-3 I started blubbering my eyes out all over again. I swear following this club for 21 years has made me mental, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #650: Jun 23, 2019 10:22:51 pm
      When Wijnaldum gets the third it’s like hysteria and then Origi grabbing the forth was more of ‘this can’t be happening’ feeling.

To be honest I’m still in shock

Me too, Gini’s 2nd coming from a Shaq cross reminded me of Riis’s Cross to Stevie for the header in Istanbul..👊🏼

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #651: Jun 23, 2019 11:20:06 pm
      I’ve watched the Final about four times in the last couple of weeks.  It’s still available on demand for me.

The commentary is like a 90 minute eulogy for Spurs.  I’ve watched the 2nd Leg v Barca about 10 times.  That match to me WAS the Final.

Exactly we all have our favourite film we have watched many times and that Barca game I will never ever tire of seeing.Incidentally the Road to MAdrid is on now we just twatted Bayern 3-1 in germany Porto next then Barca
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #652: Jun 24, 2019 12:11:36 pm
      Exactly we all have our favourite film we have watched many times and that Barca game I will never ever tire of seeing.Incidentally the Road to MAdrid is on now we just twatted Bayern 3-1 in germany Porto next then Barca

Liverpool 4, Barcelona 3: better than The Godfather!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #653: Jun 24, 2019 12:16:31 pm
      Its the reaction at the final whistle of Moreno that I also noticed. Here is a lad who has not had a great time here and is leaving yet at the final whistle he was like a madman jumping up and down as if he had scored the winner himself it just shows how well Jürgen has created a winning mentality but these are a band of brothers who have each others backs. This season is going to be another cracker
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #654: Jun 24, 2019 08:20:35 pm
      Cheeky double post, as some of you may miss this in the video thread.

Watch this now on TV... Beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrG3C-R7D5s
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #655: Jun 24, 2019 09:37:17 pm

Just saw that on the club's facebook page. Even watching that I'm still certain Spurs are going to score. At the time, the pressure and intense nerves at not getting the second goal to make it comfortable was probably the most unbearable and painful thing I've ever gone through whilst watching a football match. More so than Chelsea 2005. I'm willing the appearance of Origi very early on in that video. Thankfully, he appears and it was not a dream!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #656: Jun 24, 2019 11:12:48 pm

Oh my god, I've just cried like a baby watching this.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #657: Jun 24, 2019 11:15:09 pm
      I had never noticed how Virgil falls down on the floor after Origi scores. Oh I'm a mess watching this. What a moment that goal was. So sweet.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #658: Jun 25, 2019 01:59:17 am
      I had never noticed how Virgil falls down on the floor after Origi scores. Oh I'm a mess watching this. What a moment that goal was. So sweet.

It was so good. Also love the very end where Allison is calling someone on video, sitting on the pitch and holding up his medal. How great a feeling that must be.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #659: Jun 25, 2019 02:07:52 pm
      So out drinking saturday night,i start talking footy with dude.He goes you guys haven't won anything in ages...I kinda point out European champions 3 F***ing weeks ago!dude ain't having it. Gives me a straight no? I  Got the bartender to move the c**t over the otherside of the bar.still no clue what that wum was on!
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #660: Jun 26, 2019 09:26:39 am
      Oh my god, I've just cried like a baby watching this.

Same here.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #661: Jun 26, 2019 12:53:39 pm
      It was so good. Also love the very end where Allison is calling someone on video, sitting on the pitch and holding up his medal. How great a feeling that must be.

His wife and kid.
      No you're crying.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #662: Jun 26, 2019 04:53:14 pm
      No idea what he's saying, but the tears says all you need to know.

https://twitter.com/lfc_allting/status/1143740814465613825?s=19
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #663: Jun 27, 2019 01:53:12 am

I watched it and showed it to my fourteen year old son.  At first it was kind of funny but when you think about it, there have been plenty of games where we all feel like that while watching our teams.

My son said “Daddy I was pretty close to feeling just like that when the Chiefs lost the AFC Championship game.”

It kind of puts things in perspective though.

As fans we really do have so much emotion towards the teams we support.  And how gut wrenching results against us can be.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #664: Jun 27, 2019 09:53:20 am
      can you imagine the atmosphere at Anfield for the first home game its going to be mental
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #665: Jun 27, 2019 08:34:35 pm
      https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1144317471773601794

'The story of how a love affair with a gleaming trophy was renewed beyond all doubt'.

Oh man. Those images puts me right back there on the Strand that Sunday.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #666: Jun 27, 2019 08:55:51 pm
      still watching the road to Madrid on LFC and Divok just scores again !!!. I don't want the new season to start I am still so emotionally stuck in Madrid . The Barca games still gives me goosebumps

Quick Reply