Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

June 2019, News stories.

Read 493 times
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,902 posts | 2224 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      June 2019, News stories.
      Jun 02, 2019 12:36:49 am
      Liverpool win the Champions League/European Cup, for a 6th time.
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,902 posts | 2224 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: June 2019, News stories.
      Reply #1: Jun 04, 2019 07:25:24 pm
      Jose Antonio Reyes: Former Arsenal winger's car travelling at 135mph before crash.

Former Arsenal winger Jose Antonio Reyes was driving at more than 135mph (220kmph) when he died in a car crash on Saturday, Spanish police have said.

The Guardia Civil's investigation is ongoing and although the car exceeded Spain's speed limit (75mph/120kmph), it is not clear yet if that was the "final cause" of the incident.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48513130
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #2: Jun 11, 2019 10:12:11 am
      Its pissing down  AGAIN
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #3: Jun 11, 2019 10:47:06 am
      Its pissing down even heavier now
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #4: Jun 11, 2019 11:00:49 am
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #5: Jun 11, 2019 11:15:18 am
      Tories cracking up...I’ll get the 🍿 on...👍🏼

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1138066299958042624?s=21
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: Jun 11, 2019 12:12:44 pm
      Its pissing down even heavier now

It's horrendous down here
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7: Jun 11, 2019 06:10:38 pm

You know it's curtains for the Tories when even Lorraine Kelly, yes LORRAINE KELLY, comes out and says she's 'had enough'!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #8: Jun 11, 2019 08:22:15 pm

its f***in biblical and getting worse overnight.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #9: Jun 11, 2019 09:02:21 pm
      its f***in biblical and getting worse overnight.

Triathlon to get home from work tonight if this carries on.
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,219 posts | 1173 
      Reply #10: Jun 12, 2019 01:18:47 pm
      All these Tory leadership contenders talking about suspending parliament to force no deal Brexit.

That’s an attack on democracy itself and stepping into dictatorship. Can’t get your own way so to hell with democracy!

Honestly, this is the scummiest set of politicians I’ve ever seen, they deserve to f**king rot, can’t stand the scum.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #11: Jun 12, 2019 01:56:42 pm
      Triathlon to get home from work tonight if this carries on.

forecast is to get worse mate you might need scuba gear.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #12: Jun 13, 2019 10:48:25 am
      All these Tory leadership contenders talking about suspending parliament to force no deal Brexit.

That’s an attack on democracy itself and stepping into dictatorship. Can’t get your own way so to hell with democracy!

Honestly, this is the scummiest set of politicians I’ve ever seen, they deserve to f**king rot, can’t stand the scum.

Indeed.The Uk is supposed to be a Parliamentary democracy. Going outside the legal framework of Parliament is in effect "extra Parliamentary activity". In other words going above Parliament because you can't get your way.

If that happen it puts the credibility of Parliament in question. If a future Tory PM doesn't respect the will of the ELECTED MP's...why should anybody else.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2019 11:11:04 am by Harrisimo »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #13: Jun 13, 2019 11:06:54 am
      Looking like Johnson will get in.BBC all over him like a rash.Kuenssberg did an analysis of BJ on the BBC website. She more or less said BJ saying stuff like.."piccaninnies, bum-boys,Letterbox"etc isn't right...but come on..It's just Boris being Boris.

Maybe she hasn't noticed Islamic Terrorists have hit numerous countries UK included.Many have lost their lives.Maybe she hasn't noticed that attacks on gay men and lesbian women has increased in recent times. Maybe she hasn't noticed Windrush victims still fighting for justice.

This shameful portrayal of Johnson, that he's a bit of a harmless cad..ooh..what's he going to say next.Straight talking is what this country needs..blah..blah.

If it's straight talking..the UK are about to appoint a Islamophobic, Homophobic,Racist,ex drug taking half wit as PM. Part Turkish by decent. His paternal grandfather was Ali Kermal.Nothing wrong in that but why did he then see fit to insult Pres.Erdogan of Turkey the way he did. Makes you think he might even be Trumps long lost brother.

There may be trouble ahead..old hat yes but true nonetheless.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,955 posts | 3130 
      Reply #14: Jun 13, 2019 01:42:05 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #15: Jun 13, 2019 02:00:00 pm
      Indeed.The Uk is supposed to be a Parliamentary democracy. Going outside the legal framework of Parliament is in effect "extra Parliamentary activity". In other words going above Parliament because you can't get your way.

If that happen it puts the credibility of Parliament in question. If a future Tory PM doesn't respect the will of the ELECTED MP's...why should anybody else.

Nope, it's a Constitutional Monarchy.
      Completely different thing.

The Queen still has to sign off pretty much everything, and has power of veto over laws that affect her interests.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #16: Jun 13, 2019 07:42:58 pm

The Queen still has to sign off pretty much everything, and has power of veto over laws that affect her interests.

Nope. It's a Parliamentary Democracy with a Constitutional Monarch.But it's either or to be fair.The reality is tho that the UK is a Parliamentary Democracy. The Monarch is effectively a figurehead with no real political power.
       https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20121003074658/http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/UKgovernment/Centralgovernmentandthemonarchy/DG_073438

If the Tories try to sidestep Parliament they would be taking a big chance. In the event of another Brexit stalemate, a 2nd Ref or a General Election should be held to sort it out.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #17: Jun 14, 2019 12:12:57 am
      BBC scrapping the free TV licence for the over 75's is nothing more than a snide ToryBBC cheap stunt. It is due to come into force in June 2020. The Tories will run it up to about March/May 2020 then say they have listened to concerns of old age pensioners groups etc...then they will announce the TAXPAYER will fund it.

A cheap shoddy snide Tory trick. Yes Labour bribe the electorate but not quite as sly and underhand as this.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #18: Jun 14, 2019 12:25:55 pm
      Nope. It's a Parliamentary Democracy with a Constitutional Monarch.But it's either or to be fair.The reality is tho that the UK is a Parliamentary Democracy. The Monarch is effectively a figurehead with no real political power.
       https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20121003074658/http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/UKgovernment/Centralgovernmentandthemonarchy/DG_073438

If the Tories try to sidestep Parliament they would be taking a big chance. In the event of another Brexit stalemate, a 2nd Ref or a General Election should be held to sort it out.

I suggest you check again about the powers "The Crown" still has.

And from your own link;
      Monarchy

Politics in the United Kingdom takes place within the framework of a constitutional monarchy, in which the monarch (Queen Elizabeth II) is head of state and the prime minister is the head of the UK government.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Reply #19: Jun 14, 2019 03:59:16 pm
      BBC scrapping the free TV licence for the over 75's is nothing more than a snide ToryBBC cheap stunt. It is due to come into force in June 2020. The Tories will run it up to about March/May 2020 then say they have listened to concerns of old age pensioners groups etc...then they will announce the TAXPAYER will fund it.

A cheap shoddy snide Tory trick. Yes Labour bribe the electorate but not quite as sly and underhand as this.

If you guys have internet connection only you don't have to pay tv license right?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #20: Jun 14, 2019 06:07:15 pm

If you guys have internet connection only you don't have to pay tv license right?

No mate, if you watch live TV online or any of the BBC channels, you have to pay the license fee.
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,982 posts | 999 
      Reply #21: Jun 14, 2019 06:50:21 pm

Pretty much spot on hence prime ministers having to go before her , although never used she still technically holds all the power ,
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Reply #22: Jun 14, 2019 07:30:31 pm
      No mate, if you watch live TV online or any of the BBC channels, you have to pay the license fee.

wow that really sucks.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #23: Jun 14, 2019 07:34:46 pm

It doesn't really, the license fee is worth paying, if just for the radio output of the Beeb. I rarely watch any BBC TV channel but it's radio stuff is far superior to most of the stuff pumped out by commercial radio.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Reply #24: Jun 14, 2019 07:43:51 pm
      It doesn't really, the license fee is worth paying, if just for the radio output of the Beeb. I rarely watch any BBC TV channel but it's radio stuff is far superior to most of the stuff pumped out by commercial radio.

i can understand it from way back when ya only had bbc 1 and funky bbc2 but these days with the overload of streaming etc etc,i dunno.6 music is my go to radio station but if i had to pay extra for it,would not listen. And i do think there should be a discount rate for some of the older folk.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #25: Jun 14, 2019 07:49:59 pm

i can understand it from way back when ya only had bbc 1 and funky bbc2 but these days with the overload of streaming etc etc,i dunno.6 music is my go to radio station but if i had to pay extra for it,would not listen. And i do think there should be a discount rate for some of the older folk.

Still is a discount for some over-75s, but it used to be a blanket, free of charge for all over 75s and was promised to be kept so by this Tory government, but no shock that has become another broken promise. It has flaws, but it's criminally underappreciated in this country.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #26: Jun 14, 2019 08:16:20 pm
      I suggest you check again about the powers "The Crown" still has.

And from your own link;

The Crown has powers but only in theory and all the royal family are effectively on welfare anyway.The UK is a Parliamentary Democracy.  My initial point was that if any politician tried to sidestep Parliament it would be dangerous step.Speaker has said it won't happen and it won't.In fact it was just an empty threat in the first place by Raab.

https://www.businessinsider.com/weirdest-powers-queen-elizabeth-ii-british-sovereign-prerogative-swans-dolphins-2015-5?r=US&IR=T

This might give you a better idea of the Queen's real powers.

« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2019 08:44:50 pm by Harrisimo »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #27: Jun 14, 2019 08:41:32 pm
      Newsnight covered the story.Maitliss remarked.."I didn't realise the BBC had become the cultured arm of welfare"....what a feckin's cheek..sneering at welfare claimants and in the same breath implying over 75's getting free licences are welfare claimants.

I emailed them and put them straight...get their reply in a few days. Anyhow it's clearly collusion between the BBC and their mates in the Tory party.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #28: Jun 16, 2019 07:51:24 pm
      "Letterbox" Johnson running scared again.Ducks the leadership debate on Channel 4. Jeremy Corbyn must be relishing facing "Piccaninnies" Johnson at the despatch box. The Channel 4 debate is a tame affair by any standards. No real probing questions. If Johnson hasn't enough confidence to stand up and justify himself, what F'ing chance has he against the EU or indeed any other. Trump with have him dancing to the US tune within weeks.

Johnson's new name..Coward Boris.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #29: Jun 16, 2019 08:31:35 pm
      BoJo can go & f**k himself the self righteous pompous pr**k..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #30: Jun 17, 2019 12:35:02 pm
      The Crown has powers but only in theory and all the royal family are effectively on welfare anyway.The UK is a Parliamentary Democracy.  My initial point was that if any politician tried to sidestep Parliament it would be dangerous step.Speaker has said it won't happen and it won't.In fact it was just an empty threat in the first place by Raab.

https://www.businessinsider.com/weirdest-powers-queen-elizabeth-ii-british-sovereign-prerogative-swans-dolphins-2015-5?r=US&IR=T

This might give you a better idea of the Queen's real powers.

Check again.
      The "Crown" can veto any new law that interferes with its "business activities".

I'm fully aware of the Crown's actual powers, but it seems you aren't, as you continue to argue against yourself.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #31: Jun 17, 2019 02:19:39 pm
      Check again.
      The "Crown" can veto any new law that interferes with its "business activities".

I'm fully aware of the Crown's actual powers, but it seems you aren't, as you continue to argue against yourself.

I know what the Crown can do but in reality its only theoretically possible. The Queen acts on instruction from the Prime minister. She is only effectively a figurehead. Any constitutional expert or scholar will tell you that.

Again my initial reference was in regard to the UK being a Parliamentary Democracy. You for some vague notion claim the Queen has some say in Parliamentary matters. She has no say in matters relating to who runs the country - the electorate decides that. The Crown - King or Queen merely rubber stamp laws Etc coming thru Parliament.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #32: Jun 17, 2019 02:32:39 pm
      I know what the Crown can do but in reality its only theoretically possible. The Queen acts on instruction from the Prime minister. She is only effectively a figurehead. Any constitutional expert or scholar will tell you that.

Again my initial reference was in regard to the UK being a Parliamentary Democracy. You for some vague notion claim the Queen has some say in Parliamentary matters. She has no say in matters relating to who runs the country - the electorate decides that. The Crown - King or Queen merely rubber stamp laws Etc coming thru Parliament.

OK, which part of this are you not understanding?
      It s not "theoretical"; the "Crown" exercises it's right to veto laws which affect it's interests, every single year. It happens constantly. Laws are shelved every year because the "Crown" vetoes them.
      Previous FOI requests have shown this.

This is not something open to debate.
      It is a fact.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/742221/Queen_s_and_prince_s_consent_pamphlet__September_2018___accessible_.pdf

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/jan/14/secret-papers-royals-veto-bills

On top of this, there are NO records about how many laws have been vetoed before reaching Parliament, but it is suspected to run into the hundreds.

So, now that I have proved it, can you please stop going round in f**king circles trying to disprove a proven fact.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2019 02:37:43 pm by Swab »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #33: Jun 17, 2019 03:17:36 pm
      OK, which part of this are you not understanding?
      It s not "theoretical"; the "Crown" exercises it's right to veto laws which affect it's interests, every single year. It happens constantly. Laws are shelved every year because the "Crown" vetoes them.
      Previous FOI requests have shown this.

This is not something open to debate.
      It is a fact.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/742221/Queen_s_and_prince_s_consent_pamphlet__September_2018___accessible_.pdf

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/jan/14/secret-papers-royals-veto-bills

On top of this, there are NO records about how many laws have been vetoed before reaching Parliament, but it is suspected to run into the hundreds.

So, now that I have proved it, can you please stop going round in f**king circles trying to disprove a proven fact.

I repeat my initial remark was the UK is effectively a Parliamentary Democracy and that is true. I didn't post that to start some argument claiming the Crown has no powers or doesn't interfere on some level. My remarks were concerning Dominic Raab's idea that Parliament could be sidestepped to somehow vacilitate Brexit through other means.

You, for some unknown reason seemed to take umbrage at the term "Parliamentary Democracy" and then trawl the internet for "facts" to prove your somewhat strained point.

I'm not in the least surprised the Monarchy has interfered but I stand by my remarks that the Monarch takes instruction from the Prime Minister. And he or she is the leader of the Political Party than can command a majority in the HOC.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #34: Jun 17, 2019 03:46:17 pm
      This idea that the Crown or Monarchy have any real power really is a bit of a vacuous point. It is inconcievable that Queen Elizabeth 11 could dismiss Johnson or whoever the new PM merely because she doesn't like him or agree with his policies.

Arguments along this line are fiction. The Crown started losing power going way back to the Magna Carta (did she die in vain). Essentially the UK has no written constitution. The country has evolved over centuries and the constitution as such is an amaglamation of centuries of tradition and precedent.

Parliamentary soverignity and the democratic outcome of the General Election are the pillerstones and the core principle of Britain...says I.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #35: Jun 17, 2019 04:04:09 pm
      This idea that the Crown or Monarchy have any real power really is a bit of a vacuous point. It is inconcievable that Queen Elizabeth 11 could dismiss Johnson or whoever the new PM merely because she doesn't like him or agree with his policies.

Arguments along this line are fiction. The Crown started losing power going way back to the Magna Carta (did she die in vain). Essentially the UK has no written constitution. The country has evolved over centuries and the constitution as such is an amaglamation of centuries of tradition and precedent.

Parliamentary soverignity and the democratic outcome of the General Election are the pillerstones and the core principle of Britain...says I.

The monarchy are purely symbolic and have no legislative power whatever.
      The signing of governmental process in itself is an act of tradition, for the queen to refuse to give her consent to a democratically passed legislative document would be a step back to the dark ages.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #36: Jun 17, 2019 04:19:30 pm
      Fears Liverpool teens are being 'offered up to £1,000' to stab other children

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-teens-being-offered-up-16439275#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

The story above consists entirely of claims and suggestion to back up a headline of money being paid to kids to stab other kids in Liverpool.
      Meanwhile in London 5 people have been stabbed or shot to death in the last two weeks, no claims or suggestion.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2019 04:38:38 pm by stuey »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #37: Jun 17, 2019 06:27:44 pm
      I repeat my initial remark was the UK is effectively a Parliamentary Democracy and that is true. I didn't post that to start some argument claiming the Crown has no powers or doesn't interfere on some level. My remarks were concerning Dominic Raab's idea that Parliament could be sidestepped to somehow vacilitate Brexit through other means.

You, for some unknown reason seemed to take umbrage at the term "Parliamentary Democracy" and then trawl the internet for "facts" to prove your somewhat strained point.

I'm not in the least surprised the Monarchy has interfered but I stand by my remarks that the Monarch takes instruction from the Prime Minister. And he or she is the leader of the Political Party than can command a majority in the HOC.

I stated that the UK is NOT a "Parliamentary Dempcracy", it is a "Represntative Monarchy"
      This is a fact.
      It is also a FACT that the "Crown" has power of veto over laws which may affect it's interests.
      It is also a FACT that the "Crown" has used this veto many times.
      This is why it is a Representative Monarchy and not a "Parliamenttary Democracy".

You then prceeded to ignore your own links which showed I was correct, going out of your way to obfuscate and bullshit despite being so clearly wrong.

Get over yourself, everything I stated is true and factual.

But I suppose this being the internet, you think your opinion trumps facts.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #38: Jun 17, 2019 07:43:39 pm
      I stated that the UK is NOT a "Parliamentary Dempcracy", it is a "Represntative Monarchy"
      This is a fact.
      It is also a FACT that the "Crown" has power of veto over laws which may affect it's interests.
      It is also a FACT that the "Crown" has used this veto many times.
      This is why it is a Representative Monarchy and not a "Parliamenttary Democracy".

You then prceeded to ignore your own links which showed I was correct, going out of your way to obfuscate and bullshit despite being so clearly wrong.

Get over yourself, everything I stated is true and factual.

But I suppose this being the internet, you think your opinion trumps facts.

Look you came in on something.You didn't disprove that the UK has a Parliamentary Democracy.Your case was flimsy at best.Had I been giving you councel I would have advised you not to proceed. Insults and swearing do not constitute an argument.

The UK is a Parliamentary Democeacy. There is no written contitution so many conclusions can be arrived at but in my opinion the UK is a Parliamentary Democracy and I base that judgement on the system as is.

While I respect opinions on here saying stuff like "get over youself" and making ridiculous assumptions about opinion V facts and other put downs doesn't enhance your argument.

But have a nice day.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2019 07:52:07 pm by Harrisimo »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #39: Jun 17, 2019 07:50:20 pm
      Fears Liverpool teens are being 'offered up to £1,000' to stab other children

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-teens-being-offered-up-16439275#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

The story above consists entirely of claims and suggestion to back up a headline of money being paid to kids to stab other kids in Liverpool.
      Meanwhile in London 5 people have been stabbed or shot to death in the last two weeks, no claims or suggestion.

While there are many aspects and reasons for knife crime Trump should not be sticking his nose into UK matters. Difficult enough trying to combat knife crime as it is so we don't need lessons from Trump on violent crime.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #40: Jun 17, 2019 09:24:42 pm
      While there are many aspects and reasons for knife crime Trump should not be sticking his nose into UK matters. Difficult enough trying to combat knife crime as it is so we don't need lessons from Trump on violent crime.

Trump forgets conveniently the 40,000 gun deaths in the US last year, horrifyingly a record number while he totally supports the NRA.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/us/gun-deaths.html
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #41: Jun 17, 2019 11:30:16 pm
      Why people respond to Trump is beyond me he uses it to deflect and he should be ignored, Knife crime however is something that is really getting out of control and we don't seem to be able to get a grip of it. There are people in society that simply don't want to fit in and contribute ..they are  not black or white, Muslim or Christian they are dangerous to all of us and need dealing with harshly and swiftly.
      We live in dangerous times when we are at a time when life should be good for all of us.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #42: Jun 18, 2019 12:07:02 pm
      Look you came in on something.You didn't disprove that the UK has a Parliamentary Democracy.Your case was flimsy at best.Had I been giving you councel I would have advised you not to proceed. Insults and swearing do not constitute an argument.

The UK is a Parliamentary Democeacy. There is no written contitution so many conclusions can be arrived at but in my opinion the UK is a Parliamentary Democracy and I base that judgement on the system as is.

While I respect opinions on here saying stuff like "get over youself" and making ridiculous assumptions about opinion V facts and other put downs doesn't enhance your argument.

But have a nice day.

Fella, your own f**king link proved that what I said was correct.

I can't believe you didn't even bother to read your own link.

Your "opinion" is irrelevant in the face of facts, and the fact is that the UK is a Representative Monarchy.
      If you can't even grasp such a simple fact, and instead hide behind "opinion" then you shouldn't really be gobbing off about this.

You can't even grasp WHY the difference is important, or that having a Monarch who regularly vetoes laws is an issue.
      Instead, you just try to deny it happens, despite the evidence and start banging on about how the Monarch can't remove the PM.
      It's utter nonsense.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      Reply #43: Jun 18, 2019 12:41:49 pm
      Fella, your own f**king link proved that what I said was correct.

I can't believe you didn't even bother to read your own link.

Your "opinion" is irrelevant in the face of facts, and the fact is that the UK is a Representative Monarchy.
      If you can't even grasp such a simple fact, and instead hide behind "opinion" then you shouldn't really be gobbing off about this.

You can't even grasp WHY the difference is important, or that having a Monarch who regularly vetoes laws is an issue.
      Instead, you just try to deny it happens, despite the evidence and start banging on about how the Monarch can't remove the PM.
      It's utter nonsense.

When was the last time the crown vetoed a law ?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #44: Jun 18, 2019 12:51:13 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #45: Jun 18, 2019 01:28:25 pm

The crown vetoed the Iraq bill in 1999 and what difference did it make?
      The sh*t still went down regardless, as stated the crown’s approval in the form of a signature is entirely symbolic.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #46: Jun 18, 2019 01:44:45 pm
      When was the last time the crown vetoed a law ?

Check the link I posted mate.
      39 instances from the last few years, thnks to FOI, which the government is now trying to make the "Crown" immune from.

There's also the fact there are no records that show how many prospective laws have been vetoed i.e. before they get to Parliament.

Then there's the Remembrancer, who represents the "City Of London" which also has links to the "Crown" and the fact the City is the biggest money laundering centre on earth.
      And that's before we even get to the fact that the "Crown" has direct links to offshore tax havens.

The whole "Crown", "City Of London" thing is a massive bed of corruption, and our Parliament is just a box ticking exercise.

This is why I think the correct description of "Representative Moarchy" is important; because the "Crown" is the centre of a huge spiders web of corruption, deceit and entrenched privelege which they exercise regularly.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #47: Jun 18, 2019 01:45:07 pm
      The crown vetoed the Iraq bill in 1999 and what difference did it make?
      The sh*t still went down regardless, as stated the crown’s approval in the form of a signature is entirely symbolic.

If the Crown see a bill that affects the interest of the Crown then the bill is vetoed, if the bill does not affect the Crown it gets approval..

From my understanding the article..

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #48: Jun 18, 2019 02:24:48 pm
      Platini arrested over Qatar WC. Its worth reading just how he has son and France benefited from the decision. However his vote of course was given for the good of the Game and nothing to do with a bung of massive proportions.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #49: Jun 18, 2019 05:43:04 pm
      If the Crown see a bill that affects the interest of the Crown then the bill is vetoed, if the bill does not affect the Crown it gets approval..

From my understanding the article..

As stated presenting a bill to the sovereign is symbolic, democracy rules.
      As in the Iraq situation the crown's veto is also symbolic and of no consequence.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #50: Jun 18, 2019 06:16:47 pm
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,219 posts | 1173 
      Reply #51: Jun 19, 2019 11:31:34 pm
      Rory Stewart out of the Tory leadership race now.

Leaving us with the wholly incompetent and unable of the Tory party left to be PM, being Johnson, Gove, Hunt and Javid.

Must have been some tactical voting in the last round for Stewart to lose 10 votes this round?

It’s quite an incredible thing to witness the Tory party driving themselves closer and closer to the precipice of destroying public faith in their party for generations (which is no bad thing in itself, given what they have become). Unfortunately they are intent on dragging the whole country and Union off the cliff edge with them.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      Reply #52: Jun 20, 2019 06:41:06 pm
      Hunt vs C**t for the tory leadership
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,219 posts | 1173 
      Reply #53: Jun 20, 2019 09:14:39 pm
      Hunt vs C**t for the tory leadership

Whoever gets in has a nightmare situation. Despite all the bluster the party and parliament is terribly divided and it can only (in my mind) be dealt with by either getting a new deal from the EU, delaying Brexit indefinitely, holding another referendum or holding a general election.

The EU won’t renegotiate now as they have said all along and to do so would appear weak, inviting others from the EU27 to leave.

They won’t delay Brexit because it will upset the right of their party when they have a tiny majority in parliament. They won’t hold another referendum for the same reason.

The only logical option is a general election but that represents a massive risk because it brings it back to on what grounds would they campaign for an election, remain, leave, delay etc.

The Tories created this mess and are now finding it is impossible to resolve in a way that keeps their long term appeal to voters.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #54: Jun 20, 2019 11:01:15 pm
      Tory MP Mark Field seen manhandling a female climate protester at the Chancellor's Mansion House speech. Common Law assault posible. Overreacted to what looks like a peaceful protest.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #55: Jun 21, 2019 12:03:41 pm
      Great, 1 candidate controlled by Murdoch, the other by the Barclay Brothers.

The country will be fu**ed either wy.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #57: Jun 21, 2019 11:28:40 pm
      Looking like "Piccaninnies" Johnson will have to press gang his squad of proxy rent-a-gob supporters to be at their respective media posts to fend off the press pack after Boris attempts to shoot himself in the foot.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-police-called-reports-loud-16678886

His minders foolishly thought they could clock off once their charge was tucked up in beddy byes. No chance Johnson is mad, bad and dangerous to know. In other words he's a feckin' 24 hour screw up.

« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2019 11:45:18 pm by Harrisimo »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,569 posts | 1586 
      Reply #58: Jun 24, 2019 08:10:59 pm
      The Hillsborough denier is no PM of mine. As a country we are fu**ed. Boris is surely the last card in the Tory playbook. One though that sadly will work because the general public lap up this sh*t.

He should be on the fringes along side Rees-Mogg as a mildly entertaining side note from the important stuff.

Instead he is front and centre and the tory newspapers will rally behind him. Like Trump in America the rules dont apply to Boris. Everything stupid, offensive racist, thuggish thing he does is treated as a funny story and shows that he is 'human'.

This would have been unthinkable once upon a time but it is a strange world we live in.

Corbyn will have 1 crack at him whenever an election is called and then it will be labour's turn to look for a new leader and at this stage I'd take anybody who can challenge this simple oaf.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #59: Jun 24, 2019 10:50:22 pm
      The Hillsborough denier is no PM of mine. As a country we are fu**ed. Boris is surely the last card in the Tory playbook. One though that sadly will work because the general public lap up this sh*t.

He should be on the fringes along side Rees-Mogg as a mildly entertaining side note from the important stuff.

Instead he is front and centre and the tory newspapers will rally behind him. Like Trump in America the rules dont apply to Boris. Everything stupid, offensive racist, thuggish thing he does is treated as a funny story and shows that he is 'human'.

This would have been unthinkable once upon a time but it is a strange world we live in.

Corbyn will have 1 crack at him whenever an election is called and then it will be labour's turn to look for a new leader and at this stage I'd take anybody who can challenge this simple oaf.

Tory Kuenssberg had the cheek to try and claim his racist insults are just Boris playing at being a controversial journalist. Like many she is an apologist for a racist.There isn't much doubt that Johnson says 10 times worse than his public racist and Islamophobic utterings.

He has no Brexit plan other than to say "we'll be out by 31 October". He is the cheerleader for the ERG group. A right wing mob headed by "Disaster capitalists" like Rees-Mogg.They and half head May have effectively de-funded social welfare of every kind. Johnson plans to redistribute the ill gotten gains in massive tax hand outs for their own supporters. It will be money to money, cuts all round policy. Typical Tory more or less.

He will lead a mob of Tory financiers who will fleece the coffers even further. Don't bank on Corbyn stopping Johnson.The Tory dominated media,BBC included,will make sure Corbyn doesn't get anywhere near No.10.
      « Last Edit: Jun 24, 2019 11:11:35 pm by Harrisimo »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      Reply #60: Jun 24, 2019 11:36:09 pm
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #61: Jun 27, 2019 12:20:11 am
      Lets play guess who...Islamophobic...Hom ophobic..spoilt wine spiller...Hillsborough denier
       serial liar...adulterer...racis t..slobbish..bus maker...I give you the Prime Minister.

..and he's going to tell US what to do..
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2019 12:24:20 am by Harrisimo »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #62: Jun 27, 2019 04:42:25 pm
      no just f**k off with all these people who desire power.
      Today on the News I saw a young man in Istanbul save the life of a two year old who fell from a balcony and by a miracle he caught her saving her life. for this "miracle of Istanbul" he received about $35 . We all know how Istanbul is so special to us could someone please help in organising a Forum whip round for this 17 year old Hero I am sure we could do far better then $35 dollars for him.
      You see there are people in this  world who are just special and this lad deserves to be recognised for his amazing effort.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,955 posts | 3130 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,955 posts | 3130 
      Reply #64: Jun 27, 2019 07:23:08 pm
      Doesn’t really make much difference as Jezza  the useless one will ensure another Tory government.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #65: Jun 27, 2019 08:08:44 pm
      Doesn’t really make much difference as Watson,LFI & the useless one’s will ensure another Tory government & blame Corbyn..

Fixed it mate..
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #66: Jun 27, 2019 08:44:19 pm

I blame Corbyn for some things and he consistently comes across as being happy to be leader of the opposition for ever, by his words and his actions.

And you know I've defended him at times as well and I'm glad he's not my MP as I'm not sure I could vote for him
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,955 posts | 3130 
      Reply #67: Jun 27, 2019 09:27:39 pm

Nah mate unfortunately the general public are the ones who vote and not the labour members who like the Tory members tend to be at the extreme end of politics as far as the middle ground are concerned.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #68: Jun 27, 2019 09:31:05 pm
      I blame Corbyn for some things and he consistently comes across as being happy to be leader of the opposition for ever, by his words and his actions.

And you know I've defended him at times as well and I'm glad he's not my MP as I'm not sure I could vote for him

Looking like the right wing media demonising of Corbyn and Labour is working. Corbyn is the same man who pushed May all the way. The more they say stuff like Corbyn should never get into No.10 etc etc.the more people will believe it. Just a matter of throwing enough crap and some of it will stick.

Strategists like Mandelson and Blair know full well a pure left wing Labour will not win power.Not because a left wing government would be necessarilly bad it's because the right wing media will poison the left untill the public believe the crap they pump out.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #69: Jun 27, 2019 09:47:33 pm
      Looking like the right wing media demonising of Corbyn and Labour is working. Corbyn is the same man who pushed May all the way. The more they say stuff like Corbyn should never get into No.10 etc etc.the more people will believe it. Just a matter of throwing enough crap and some of it will stick.

Strategists like Mandelson and Blair know full well a pure left wing Labour will not win power.Not because a left wing government would be necessarilly bad it's because the right wing media will poison the left untill the public believe the crap they pump out.

I don't read the press, get my news from a variety of podcasts across the spectrum and I get Corbyn, and other party leaders, straight to my Facebook feed as well.

I just don't see this great leader other people see, though he looks better in comparison to May and the spunk monkeys coming in her wake.

I find him bland and ponderous, from his own posts, not the press, but you are right about the press, the UK has the most right wing press in Europe, by a Cuntry (sic) Mile.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #70: Jun 28, 2019 03:46:06 pm
      Doesn’t really make much difference as Jezza  the useless one will ensure another Tory government.

The Tories are past meltdown and Corbyn’s ‘political kudos’ that somehow qualifies him as leader of the opposition is insufficient to inspire confidence in the electorate.

He is the greatest ally this shower of sh*t could ask for.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #71: Jun 29, 2019 10:33:47 am
      I can actually see a split in both parties. Its clear a lot of MP's have never backed Corbyn and it will be the same with Johnson so we could end up with much smaller parties which I think could be a good thing...lets face it we cant get much worse than it is now.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      Reply #73: Jun 29, 2019 11:23:49 am

Christ, doesn't matter if he uses a stairlift or can run a mile in about 3 minutes, it's about words and deeds. So far he has been found wanting when the path to becoming prime minister should never be more straight forward
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #74: Jun 29, 2019 04:31:48 pm
      I don't read the press, get my news from a variety of podcasts across the spectrum and I get Corbyn, and other party leaders, straight to my Facebook feed as well.

I just don't see this great leader other people see, though he looks better in comparison to May and the spunk monkeys coming in her wake.

I find him bland and ponderous, from his own posts, not the press, but you are right about the press, the UK has the most right wing press in Europe, by a Cuntry (sic) Mile.

I don't see Corbyn as some great leader either.I think politicians get far to much credit as it is but Labour will restore some level of social justice.I'm not anti capitalist or totally against any centre right policies. I've been self employed most of my working life and have been a day trader on the stock markets. I might think like a Tory at times but I don't share their ruthless rich get richer at the hands of the weakest. There has to be some level of decency and dignity all round. You don't get that from the Tories.

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2019 05:02:08 pm by Harrisimo »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #75: Jun 29, 2019 06:08:19 pm
      Christ, doesn't matter if he uses a stairlift or can run a mile in about 3 minutes, it's about words and deeds. So far he has been found wanting when the path to becoming prime minister should never be more straight forward

Defeated a sitting governments by 2 of the heaviest ever margins

Successfully brought a contempt of Parliament vote against government for the first time ever.

Defeated a finance bill for the first time in decades.

Voted down (multiple times) a Brexit "deal" which only benefits the richest.
      Voted down "no deal" option.

Yes indeed, deeds do mean something for those who can see them, and he's now on his 3 rd Tory PM in 3 years.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      Reply #76: Jun 29, 2019 06:47:31 pm
      Defeated a sitting governments by 2 of the heaviest ever margins

Successfully brought a contempt of Parliament vote against government for the first time ever.

Defeated a finance bill for the first time in decades.

Voted down (multiple times) a Brexit "deal" which only benefits the richest.
      Voted down "no deal" option.

Yes indeed, deeds do mean something for those who can see them, and he's now on his 3 rd Tory PM in 3 years.

Which he can't claim any credit for at all. Keep up the delusion. The tories quite capable of destroying themselves without any help.
      « Last Edit: Jun 29, 2019 07:11:27 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #77: Jun 29, 2019 08:21:55 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      Reply #78: Jun 29, 2019 08:47:49 pm
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #79: Jun 29, 2019 09:54:45 pm
      Another thing Corbyn should do, if he ever gets in, is to stop giving MP's knighthoods.This power has been abused by both parties. Tories more than Labour.It should be a rule than no sitting MP will be eligible for a knighthood or a Dame or any of the various other awards.

Some of them use their staus as an MP to earn more money.Not saying they don't work hard but their reward should be the honour of being elected by their peers and doing their public duty.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #80: Jun 30, 2019 12:37:43 pm
      Which he can't claim any credit for at all. Keep up the delusion. The tories quite capable of destroying themselves without any help.

No delusion.
      Those are facts.
      Name an opposition PM who has equalled or bettered his achievements.

People seem to think tht MP's separate on party lines, and never communicate with the opposition.
      I can assure you this is not the case.
      MP's speak to each other constantly.
      There are lines of communication open all the way up to the leaders office.
      Part of politics is getting your opponents to vote gainst their own whip.
      Corbyn has achieved this, and done so on a Finance Bill.
      If you don't know how rare that is, look it up.
      Same with the Contempt of Parliament charge, and the defeats of May's various "Brexit" bills.

They don't just rock up at vote time and obey the whip.
      There are always negotiations behind the scenes.

Then we have the fact of the Fixed term Parliament.
      Not to mention the most turbulent political landscape any of us will ever see, with 2 entrenched sides and very little movement between them.

Looking at politics today in anything other than a different way to that which has been done before is a mistake.
      There has been nothing like this in any of our lifetimes, and we won't see anything like it again.

Quick Reply