Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Champions League Final 2020

Read 6359 times
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 154 posts | 40 
      Champions League Final 2020
      Jun 02, 2019 11:12:14 am
      Get the flights booked early Istanbul here we come,we just feel its our right now to be in this final,could be lucky 7 for King Kenny,same stadium as 2005 meantime enjoy the VP today
      « Last Edit: Jun 02, 2019 12:13:31 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Champions League Final 2020
      Reply #1: Jun 02, 2019 12:13:52 pm
      Got any spares for the Ataturk?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Jun 02, 2019 12:55:45 pm
      In all seriousness might be worth booking some flights and hotel etc now, then its just the tricky matter of getting a ticket ;-). We are only going to get better now that we have won our fisrt silverware and I can see us doing a Real Madrid over then next few years as all of the other major teams are either in or about to enter rebuilding phases, real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, the Italian clubs etc.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #3: Jun 02, 2019 09:26:22 pm
      Already booked accomodation. Flights to follow !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: Jun 03, 2019 02:08:20 pm
      Theres not many teams that can stop us really. Theres only City that can live with us as they are top quality and able to play at our tempo.

The likes of Barca, Bayern etc we can blow away.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #5: Jun 03, 2019 02:43:14 pm
      Aye F**k it, just booked one of those book now pay at the time hotels.

£200, 3 nights for 2 people. Do the job.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6: Jun 03, 2019 02:47:06 pm
      Aye f**k it, just booked one of those book now pay at the time hotels.

£200, 3 nights for 2 people. Do the job.

Going to be doing the same.. looking at Istanbul too..
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #7: Jun 03, 2019 03:14:44 pm
      Going to be doing the same.. looking at Istanbul too..

Why not pal, we've every chance of making it again.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #8: Jun 03, 2019 08:31:47 pm
      Want some early omens?

It'll be our SEVENTH European Cup Final after we're going for SEVEN trophies next season (Charity Shield, Super Cup, World Club, League Cup, FA Cup, European Cup and League)

The final is on the 30th May - the birthday of one Steven Gerrard.

Ajax played their third consecutive European Cup final on May 30th 1973 and were captained by their number 14.

The one and only game we've played on that day was a European Cup final against Roma in Rome - the only time we've played a European Cup final in the same venue as a previous year until we return to the Ataturk. And next season's kit just happens to look a lot like that 84 European Cup winning strip.

The last time we won the European Cup and went all season unbeaten in the League at home in the same season was 76-77 (until this year). The following year, 77-78, we won the European Cup.

The only time we've scored more than one goal in a European Cup final and won in 90 minutes (until this year) was 77 against Monchengladbach. The following year, we won the European Cup again.

The only time we've retained the European Cup was 78, that season started with the Charity Shield against a club against a team Manchester. Next season, starts with a Charity Shield match against a team from Manchester.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #9: Jun 05, 2019 12:57:54 pm
      Liverpool head into 2019/20 Champions League as top seed – here’s who they can draw
      Jack Lusby
      Liverpool FC News
      5 June 2019

Liverpool’s victory in the Champions League final ensures they are in Pot 1 for next season’s group stage draw, which could present some interesting matchups.

The Reds had already moved up to Pot 2 by virtue of their rise in UEFA’s club coefficient rankings ahead of the semi-finals, but triumph in Madrid has improved this.

With top seeding reserved for champions, the 2-0 win over Tottenham through goals from Mohamed Salah and Divock Origi has earned their marquee status.

Next season’s draw will take place in Monaco on August 29, with Liverpool learning their group stage opponents ahead of the first round of fixtures on September 17/18.

They join Europa League winners Chelsea and domestic champions Barcelona, Man City, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG and Zenit Saint-Petersburg in Pot 1—three of those title-winners defeated on the Reds’ road to the final.

Spurs are among the six teams already confirmed for Pot 2, though Liverpool cannot be drawn against another side from the Premier League.

Another six sides have booked their places in Pots 3 and 4, and another 12 await the results of next season’s qualifiers to determine their seeding.

Here’s how the Champions League group stage draw looks, including the most likely outcome from the qualifiers:

Provisional Champions League Draw Pots

Pot 1: Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Man City, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG, Zenit St Petersburg

Pot 2: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, FC Porto*, Tottenham, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar Donetsk, Ajax*

Pot 3: Benfica**, Dynamo Kiev*, Lyon**, Bayer Leverkusen, Salzburg, Valencia, Inter Milan, Celtic*

Pot 4: FC Copenhagen*, Dinamo Zagreb*, Lokomotiv Moscow**, Genk**, Galatasaray**, RB Leipzig**, Atalanta, Lille

* Must still qualify.
      ** Could be in Pot 3 or 4.

There is potential for a Group of Death scenario if Liverpool get drawn the likes of Real Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and Lille, for example, though their top seeding certainly improves their chances.

Regardless, Jürgen Klopp‘s side should fear no one heading into the new campaign, as their performances on the way to a sixth European Cup proved.

The first round of qualifiers begin on July 9/10, with Celtic the most high-profile club required to compete.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/06/liverpool-head-into-2019-20-champions-league-as-top-seed-heres-who-they-can-draw/
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10: Jun 05, 2019 03:31:36 pm
      When is the final?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #11: Jun 05, 2019 04:13:27 pm
      I'm still doing a double take now when I see the 6 Stars instead of the 5. I have to stop and actually count them and make sure its 6 stars. I think I'm a little bit OCD.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #12: Jun 05, 2019 04:41:40 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #13: Jun 06, 2019 01:47:22 pm

Thanks because today year I will be getting married :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: Jun 08, 2019 06:57:18 am
      Just booked the leave, will get approved with any luck....i'm not missing out on Number 7 but this time I have to get a Ticket!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #15: Jun 08, 2019 09:34:56 am
      Madrid Leverkusen and Lille is hardly a group of death. We had a lot harder than that this time with Napoli and PSG
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #16: Jun 19, 2019 10:53:41 pm
      Quote from AussieRed
      Just booked the leave, will get approved with any luck....i'm not missing out on Number 7 but this time I have to get a Ticket!!!

What will you do if it's City v PSG?

We have 12 hurdles to clear to get back to Istanbul next year. It's by no means a given, at this stage. In the event we get there, the usual restrictions and issues with tickets will apply. So it's only fair that the fans that go to e.g. Copenhagen in mid-November  get priority. And visas will certainly be a bigger issue than for Madrid.

You could always find work with MasterCard I suppose. After all, relatively speaking, they probably have a more generous ticket allocation for the final than us, or anyone else that gets there.

Quote from ruthcity
      Liverpool head into 2019/20 Champions League as top seed – here’s who they can draw

There is potential for a Group of Death scenario if Liverpool get drawn the likes of Real Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and Lille, for example, though their top seeding certainly improves their chances.

Regardless, Jürgen Klopp‘s side should fear no one heading into the new campaign, as their performances on the way to a sixth European Cup proved.

It's impossible to say who we can draw at this point, even though 26 spots are already confirmed. Personally I want the lowest possible seeds in the pot, so we can wrap it up after 4 games, and can focus on winning the World Club Cup. It's unlikely to be that straight forward of course, but alternatively I don't want us to e.g. have to go back to the Metropolitano on Day 6, needing a win by a number of goals to stay in the competition.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17: Jun 20, 2019 11:17:24 am
      Madrid Leverkusen and Lille is hardly a group of death. We had a lot harder than that this time with Napoli and PSG

the group of death is for the other three that end up in our Group.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Jun 21, 2019 02:20:28 am
      What will you do if it's City v PSG?

We have 12 hurdles to clear to get back to Istanbul next year. It's by no means a given, at this stage. In the event we get there, the usual restrictions and issues with tickets will apply. So it's only fair that the fans that go to e.g. Copenhagen in mid-November  get priority. And visas will certainly be a bigger issue than for Madrid.

You could always find work with MasterCard I suppose. After all, relatively speaking, they probably have a more generous ticket allocation for the final than us, or anyone else that gets there.

It's impossible to say who we can draw at this point, even though 26 spots are already confirmed. Personally I want the lowest possible seeds in the pot, so we can wrap it up after 4 games, and can focus on winning the World Club Cup. It's unlikely to be that straight forward of course, but alternatively I don't want us to e.g. have to go back to the Metropolitano on Day 6, needing a win by a number of goals to stay in the competition.

Watch it at home. What kid of question is that?  :f_tongueincheek:

As for the rest of your post, I've booked the Holidays just in case (it's not hard to cancel them). As for a ticket, I've learnt what I need to do now and that's go around to every f**king sponsor of the Champs League and ask those cu*ts!

Quick Reply