Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2019-20 Fixture List - Friday night start for LFC at Anfield

Read 20624 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: 2019-20 Fixture List - Friday night start for LFC at Anfield
      Reply #23: Jun 13, 2019 12:11:56 pm
      just win the 38 games home and away. I remember way back in the 80's I think ITV started live Friday night football. I think we will be on TV a lot next season
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #24: Jun 13, 2019 02:00:33 pm
      I was looking forward to see what our fixtures will be for August and September because with our front three playing ACON and Copa America I would think Klopp will be looking to give them a bit more rest and ease them a little more into the side early. Looking at the games we have a decent run in during that period on top of the Community Shield and Super Cup which is good to see.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JΓΌrgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #25: Jun 13, 2019 02:04:43 pm
      Took a punt in January and booked flights&hotel for October b/holiday weekend. Flights for 2 €130.00.
      Hotel for 3 nights €360.00.
      Checked today after fixtures out,Flights €440.00&Hotel €590.00. Spuds that weekend. Sweet.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #26: Jun 13, 2019 02:42:01 pm
      August

Friday 9 – Norwich City (H)
      Saturday 17 – Southampton (A)
      Saturday 24 – Arsenal (H)
      Saturday 31 – Burnley (A)

September

Saturday 14 – Newcastle United (H)
      Saturday 21 – Chelsea (A)
      Saturday 28 – Sheffield United (A)

October

Saturday 5 – Leicester City (H)
      Saturday 19 – Manchester United (A)
      Saturday 26 –Tottenham Hotspur (H)

November

Saturday 2 – Aston Villa (A)
      Saturday 9 – Manchester City (H)
      Saturday 23 – Crystal Palace (A)
      Saturday 30 – Brighton and Hove Albion (H)

December

Wednesday 4 – Everton (H)
      Saturday 7 – Bournemouth (A)
      Saturday 14 – Watford (H)
      Saturday 21 – West Ham United (A)
      Thursday 26 – Leicester City (A)
      Saturday 28 – Wolverhampton Wanderers (H)

January

Wednesday 1 – Sheffield United (H)
      Saturday 11 – Tottenham Hotspur (A)
      Saturday 18 – Manchester United (H)
      Tuesday 21 – Wolverhampton Wanderers (A)

February

Saturday 1 – Southampton (H)
      Saturday 8 – Norwich City (A)
      Saturday 22 – West Ham United (H)
      Saturday 29 – Watford (A)

March

Saturday 7 – Bournemouth (H)
      Saturday 14 – Everton (A)
      Saturday 21 – Crystal Palace (H)

April

Saturday 4 – Manchester City (A)
      Saturday 11 – Aston Villa (H)
      Saturday 18 – Brighton and Hove Albion (A)
      Saturday 25 – Burnley (H)

May

Saturday 2 – Arsenal (A)
      Saturday 9 – Chelsea (H)
      Sunday 17 – Newcastle United (A)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #27: Jun 13, 2019 03:07:09 pm
      I was looking forward to see what our fixtures will be for August and September because with our front three playing ACON and Copa America I would think Klopp will be looking to give them a bit more rest and ease them a little more into the side early.

Good point.  Although I think they will be involved from the start I do think we might not see all three of them in the same line up until maybe Arsenal?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #28: Jun 13, 2019 03:11:20 pm

Should almost certainly be on the weekend rather than moved to Monday night.

Champions League games for both sides in the midweek before.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #29: Jun 13, 2019 04:32:03 pm
      In case you missed it the Anfield friendly v Schalke has now been cancelled due to this Norwich game being played a day earlier.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #30: Jun 13, 2019 04:53:13 pm
      Urgh,gotta get an illness on a friday afternoon in fecking August!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31: Jun 13, 2019 05:31:25 pm
      Not a bad set of fixtures, October could be tricky though, May too but on the whole it looks quite favourable IMO. Hopefully go into the season full of confidence from beating City first.

Not keen on playing first on the Friday but if we get a good win then it straight away puts the pressure on City.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #32: Jun 13, 2019 10:56:28 pm
      So the leak was fake news.

A tough fixture list in general. Southampton and Burnley away in the first 4 games, Chelsea and Spurs before the 2nd break, City just before the 3rd break. Spurs and the mancs during the new year hangover, City away in April, followed by the run in from hell really. The last 5 scheduled games are Brighton, Burnley, Arsenal, Chelsea, finishing up at Newcastle. Very tough at best.

First time to play Spurs at home before Christmas in 12 years. While December looks favourable, the game at West Ham must be rescheduled because of our pre-Christmas break in Sheikhland. The home derby is in midweek for the first time since 2014, and it's the first game away on December 26 since 2014. We still haven't played in London on the date since 1991. First away game on the last day in 4 years.

There are one or two positives, but all the posters telling us "it doesn't matter when the games are played", are the same posters who will be writing out what we need to do and when we need to do it in the run in, in threads such as "13 Games, Call it", and "The double, is it on?" For the rest of us, our nerves will be shot during the run in, May is not the best time to have to go to Arsenal, and Newcastle away is not the ideal place to go needing a result on the final day either. Chelsea lost 3-0 there 12 months ago, Spurs lost 5-1 a couple of years before that. Hopefully we'll buck the trend.

Winning a league is never easy at the best of times. With Guardiola around, 15 points is all you can afford to drop just to have a chance to win it, that means needing 32-33 wins. 20 points dropped and you can try again next year. I didn't expect a kind fixture list and we haven't got one imo. To me, there looks to be more banana skins than bankers. We'll just have to make the best we can of it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #33: Jun 13, 2019 11:34:22 pm
      There are one or two positives, but all the posters telling us "it doesn't matter when the games are played", are the same posters who will be writing out what we need to do and when we need to do it in the run in, in threads such as "13 Games, Call it",

Actually the topic was β€œThe next 13 games”, there was no calling it, it was listing our last 13 games. Try to get it right before trying to get at whatever it is you are aiming for and saying what posters will be doing what.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: Jun 14, 2019 02:20:24 am

Don't think that leak got anything right!!! F**k the leaks!!

Suarez coming back for that 1st game?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Jun 14, 2019 09:39:57 am

why are you up-ticking the prediction that we'll come second again???
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #36: Jun 14, 2019 09:44:44 am
      why are you up-ticking the prediction that we'll come second again???

I posted it to highlight that we have 4 'hard' games by October whilst City will have had 1.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Jun 14, 2019 09:46:14 am
      The last 5 scheduled games are Brighton, Burnley, Arsenal, Chelsea, finishing up at Newcastle.

Sorry but apart from the tricky Arsenal match what is so hard about that run-in compared tot he run-in we had last season?

I think we have a nice start to the season, have a nice December, compared to Citeh, a tough January which could be make or break and the key game already is the City match in April, win or draw that one and we'll win unless Citeh have a sh*t season, fingers crossed!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Jun 14, 2019 09:46:39 am
      I posted it to highlight that we have 4 'hard' games by October whilst City will have had 1.

ah ok :-)
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39: Jun 14, 2019 07:47:38 pm
      Last night i bought 2 tix (wife and i) for the Palace game on 3/21 through Thomas Cook....OH BABY!

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40: Jun 14, 2019 07:54:53 pm
      Pleased it's actually on a friday as my brother gers married on the saturday, so no need for resorting to ways of getting out of it.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #41: Jun 17, 2019 10:58:28 pm
      Quote from heimdall
      Sorry but apart from the tricky Arsenal match what is so hard about that run-in compared tot he run-in we had last season?

The run in is full of difficult away trips, in bogey grounds, where we have rarely won down the years. While the home games in the run in won't be guaranteed 3 points either. Several of them are likely to be fighting the drop as well. That is not even allowing for cups, Europe, and/or games in hand affecting things. You're also probably looking at three games a week, at some point(s) in the run in.

Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Actually the topic was β€œThe next 13 games”, there was no calling it, it was listing our last 13 games. Try to get it right before trying to get at whatever it is you are aiming for and saying what posters will be doing what.

Actually the topic is "The title race: call it", which was started around the same time as the other thread.

There is more to a fixture list than "we have to play everyone twice, home and away". It's clearly better to play a game with a fully fit squad, than play it when littered with injuries and suspensions. It's clearly better to play a tough game when on a good run, than playing it on the back of three straight defeats, or 1 win in 6 games. It's clearly better to play City away when everyone is ready, than play it first with no points in the bag and several players not fully prepped, then lose and be playing catch up immediately. It's much better to have the last game at home if you need a result, than go and try and get it at a bogey ground. I don't know why other people can't see that, until it's too late. The last year we had a home game first and away game last, the away game was Gerrard's last game, and even though there was nothing at stake, people still talk about it.

15-20 points is the maximum we can afford to drop if we want to win the league. Hopefully we'll finish the season on another long winning run, but it will be more difficult than last season.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2019 11:24:51 pm by lfc across the water »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #42: Jun 18, 2019 01:03:43 am
      Actually the topic is "The title race: call it", which was started around the same time as the other thread.

So if you know it then why didn’t you put that to begin with  :roll:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #43: Jun 18, 2019 07:48:27 am
      December

Wednesday 4 – Everton (H)
      Saturday 7 – Bournemouth (A)
      Saturday 14 – Watford (H)
      Saturday 21 – West Ham United (A)
      Thursday 26 – Leicester City (A)
      Saturday 28 – Wolverhampton Wanderers (H)

I think that some of this will be postponed because of the Club World Cup.

For me, we need to play each team twice nonetheless so whenever we play them, for our philosophy is that we need to win nonetheless. We need 38 wins and we should go for them. We have the team to challenge City again because we have not lost an essential player.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Jun 23, 2019 09:55:02 pm
      Can see 9/10minutes extra time next season. Get 2/3 VAR decisions, subs, injuries and it could drag on to a 100 minute game. Not liking what I've seen of Var. Think it will cause a stink. Could also affect the spontaneity of the game more than is expected.

Would'nt be surprised to see a major rethink at the end of the season.Problem is you can't put the genie back in the bottle.VAR is arguable the biggest change since subs were allowed back in '65'66.See how it pans out but I have my doubts.
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2019 10:03:08 pm by Harrisimo »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #45: Jun 23, 2019 10:18:30 pm
      Can see 9/10minutes extra time next season. Get 2/3 VAR decisions, subs, injuries and it could drag on to a 100 minute game. Not liking what I've seen of Var. Think it will cause a stink. Could also affect the spontaneity of the game more than is expected.

Would'nt be surprised to see a major rethink at the end of the season.Problem is you can't put the genie back in the bottle.VAR is arguable the biggest change since subs were allowed back in '65'66.See how it pans out but I have my doubts.

I've got no problems with games going longer. Fed up of games only having 40-50 minutes of football. Time to take timekeeping out of the referee's hands.

Quick Reply