Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool's Champions League victory parade 2019

Read 10417 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Liverpool's Champions League victory parade 2019
      Reply #23: Jun 03, 2019 06:19:31 am
      Glad everyone had a great time at the parade.
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #24: Jun 03, 2019 07:32:06 am
      Watching the videos gave me goosebumps. Wish I could have been there.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25: Jun 03, 2019 08:02:17 am
      Fantastic scenes, fantastic team, fantastic fans!
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #26: Jun 03, 2019 08:19:49 am
      Watching the videos gave me goosebumps. Wish I could have been there.

It was boss mate, I was facing the maccies on the dock road with the kids and Mrs and the atmosphere was superb.

There was two lads sitting on top of traffic lights lifting traffic cones above their head an the crowd were clapping like a drum roll then cheering like they were lifting the champs league.

When the reds got there it was amazing the paper cannons just blasted confetti everywhere and we all sung YNWA. Which is always emotional for me (I've had it as the last song at both grandads and my nans funeral) it was special.

I'll never forget the sound of sheer excitement in my little lads voice when I put him on my shoulders and he finally seen the bus it was so high pitched and screaming saying "dad I can see it, I can see the bus". He's only 6 and loved it.

You can also hear my 9 year old daughter laughing and shouting stuff about Bobby who she absolutely loves in the video I took. He was cool as you like sitting in the back corner with his legs hanging off the bus with sun glasses on haha.

My two eldest daughter 14 and son 11 loved every minute and my lad was dying for the 4g to start working so he could send some rub it in videos to his mate who is a manc haha. The signal was just gone all evening, must have been because some 30,000 people were all trying to upload videos and pictures at once.

My 9 month old slept through the lot haha but who cares he has been to his first parade.

Took ages to reach us but it was well worth the wait, can't wait for next year's one with the double.

As for me, I was just so made up, I've gotta make an appointment to get the 6th star added to my tattoo haha

Here's a pic from the cannons going off it was so much fun there.

Here's one of the bus, I've got better ones but they're on my daughter's phone it's got a better camera, plus it was hard for me I had my son on my shoulders and daughter in one arm haha. I'll upload some in a bit.

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2019 11:43:39 am by LFCSTEVE1984 »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #27: Jun 03, 2019 08:42:25 am
      It was good to see so many kids watching the REDS parade the cup,the kids are the future of the club and should be encouraged.I recall being in Lime Street in 1965 when we paraded the F.A.Cup for the first time,I had my lad on my shoulders.He is 57 now and was 3 at the time and his son only knows one club,the mighty REDS which is how it should be.

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #28: Jun 03, 2019 08:53:17 am
      It was good to see so many kids watching the REDS parade the cup,the kids are the future of the club and should be encouraged.I recall being in Lime Street in 1965 when we paraded the F.A.Cup for the first time,I had my lad on my shoulders.He is 57 now and was 3 at the time and his son only knows one club,the mighty REDS which is how it should be.
      It was the same by me billy ,kids sitting on there dads shoulders for a better view,plenty of old school supporters also,who like yourself would have been in town in 65.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: Jun 03, 2019 09:11:44 am

Watched it on LFCTV, looked amazing.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #30: Jun 04, 2019 09:13:32 pm
      I was standing at the hot counter of my local Sainsburys in Upton on Friday afternoon with my nine year old, uber excited and Liverpool kit wearing nine year old lad. Then a little well spoken voice said: "I hope you'll be cheering them on loud as you can, tomorrow". The voice came from a little old lady, but a healthy looking old lady at that. We ended up listening to her for a good 10 minutes as she told us of the many years she's had a season ticket and how this year and last year she got a ticket for both Kiev and Madrid in the ballot all by herself on her computer which was f**king majestic enough in itself. She then told us of how she had given her tickets, both years, to her son in law and that she'd be watching the game at her daughter's house in North Wales. She really was a lovely woman and it was warming to hear her stories and not only the effort she made with my lad but how he loved listening to her. As she took a step away with her trolley she said to him: "So if you hear a high pitched cheer travelling over from North Wales on Saturday night you'll know who it is".

Fast forward to all the absolute madness and my lads tears of relief and joy after we won on the Saturday, amidst it all, he looked at me, smiled and said: "And I've just heard a high pitched cheer from North Wales". Obviously on hearing that the other half wants to know what he meant so I told her about the lovely lady and she got all gooey and wished she was in Sainsbury's with me the day before.

Forward another day to the parade and I'm rough as I've ever been. Really, really hungover. Day started with a queue from hell for tickets at the train station over to town, the packed train temporarily breaking down while I was sweating my balls off standing up with the Mrs, three kids and a pram. We get over, get amongst it and it's all good. We find a little spec by the Hilton on The Strand and wait and its hard. I know it's a celebration but I'm getting all grumpy as my hangover worsens, then around 4.30pm some guy tells us on a tannoy that the bus won't be here til 7pm at the earliest. Crowds are moving off as we are and its f**king packed at every turn. People selling this, people selling that, footballs getting booted randomly into the crowds, all sorts of different characters, pissed up but happy ones at that. Then the bus finally comes into site and as it gets nearer to us it quickly gets more and more packed around us. The closer it gets the more people swamp us. Then as it is right in front of us I look to my left and standing right f**king next to me, looking up and smiling at the bus is that little old lady from Sainsbury's. I say to my lad and he sees her, I tell the Mrs who looks at her but the bus is right in front of us so I look back at that and then when that's gone I look where she was and she's gone.

She, and we, could have stood anywhere amongst 750,000 that day. I just wish I had a chance to let her know that we were next to her.

Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #31: Jun 04, 2019 09:33:05 pm
      Cool story ^ life is stranger than fiction. I started drinking at full time in the last time we won it and went to bed about 3 or 4 am. Had a college exam the next morning at 9am went into the exam hall late everyone was looking at me. Finishes the exam by 10am or abit after, then went into town and got really pissed. Ended up missing the parade didn't even know it was happing the next day on a Thursday. I made sure I didn't drink anything this time and wanted to saviour the parade
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32: Jun 05, 2019 08:16:49 am
      I have lost count now how many times I have watched the game again and the Home Coming its just surreal. Did it really happen ?
      Watching the Barca games is enough to get your emotions bouncing but what followed in Madrid and in Liverpool on Sunday is just off the scale.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #33: Jun 05, 2019 10:36:36 am
      Got down to the Docks at about half one, after a little venture into town to get our baby his banner. I say town, we got as far as the Beehive in Liverpool One then turned back round cos it was F***ing rammed. No atmosphere whatsoever though. Everyone just going this way and that.

Got to the bus station in Liverpool One, stood by it deciding whether or not to stay there or go to the railings in the middle of the road. We decide to go to the railings so the baby (baby, he's F***ing 12 in a couple of weeks) can have a proper view. Standing by the bus station, he'd of just got swamped by the sheer number of people who eventually turned up.

Standing by the railings and there's a few fans knocking about. Not one Scouse accent I might add but that just shows the appeal of Liverpool Football Club. Still no atmosphere either. Few people blowing horns and those F***ing Champions League balloons, which were a pain in the arse. We got one ourselves and tied it to me dad's wheelchair. But it was still twatting everyone in the face with the wind so I eventually launched it. There's a fiver in the sky.

Me and me arl fella tried creating some atmosphere with a few songs but didn't get any response unfortunately. Suppose it was still a bit too early. We noticed it was bit livelier down the road towards the Liver Buildings but didn't wanna risk going there and not getting a good spec so our Luke couldn't see again. So we stayed put. Still singing away. Me arl fella even tried some of the arl 70s songs but got some funny looks for that.

As the day went on, the crowds built up. And thankfully, so did the atmosphere. There was some little kid on the traffic lights behind us getting the crowd going. He must of been no older than our Luke and was constantly starting songs whenever there was a lull in the crowd. Oh when the Reds really sounded boss there.

People started having a few more bevvies and the atmosphere grew even more. But never to the point where you thought they were gonna become dickheads. Even when they were clearly pissed they were still in good spirits. Got gabbing to a lad from Huyton. Bumped into me arl fella's best mate and his lad from when they were kids. They joined us in the singing. Ended up standing next to this dark haired girl who was F***ing gorgeous. I think me eyes wandered to her arse one too many times.

Some fella with red hair trying to climb the lamppost over by the Hilton and couldn't make it. Got the whole crowd going. Some fella climbing the lamppost nearer to us for a good twenty minutes and then realising he was facing the wrong way to see the bus. So having to get down and take another twenty minutes turning round. Red, orange, purple, blue and, I think, green flares all getting let off. Just a F***ing sight to behold.

The crowds clearing off a little when they announced the bus wouldn't be here till seven. Don't know why they came as such a shock to people I must say. But even after that there was still a good few there and as seven got nearer the crowds all came back to the point where you were just standing shoulder to shoulder with somebody you didn't know but loved it all the same. It was all about being there.

I witnessed the 2005 homecoming and everything about that night was perfect. This one started off so disappointing (especially as I had to work from six in the morning but thankfully one of the girls came in at 10 so I could get home) but grew into a wonderful night - even if the sun was right in our eyes as the bus passed - at least 2005 was 10 o'clock at night so there was no sun. But I honestly wouldn't change a thing from Sunday. It was just F***ing boss.

And I know I've said it before and will undoubtedly say it again but how can you not love this club after days like that?

People always say they understand players wanting to leave, when you see scenes like those it's impossible for me to understand. No club in the world compares to ours. No fans in the world compare to ours. We're more than special, we're unique.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #34: Jun 05, 2019 11:08:13 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Jun 05, 2019 05:42:01 pm

I didn't see one plastic flag from our wonderful supporters it is still very much a warm glowing feeling the whole 24 hours is just a perfect , perfect memory .
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #36: Jun 05, 2019 09:15:04 pm
      Well done All you LFC suppoters, Was there in 77, but you guys took it to another lvl this one.  I loved it and thank you all.
      YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #37: Jun 06, 2019 02:40:52 am
      It was boss mate, I was facing the maccies on the dock road with the kids and Mrs and the atmosphere was superb.

There was two lads sitting on top of traffic lights lifting traffic cones above their head an the crowd were clapping like a drum roll then cheering like they were lifting the champs league.

When the reds got there it was amazing the paper cannons just blasted confetti everywhere and we all sung YNWA. Which is always emotional for me (I've had it as the last song at both grandads and my nans funeral) it was special.

I'll never forget the sound of sheer excitement in my little lads voice when I put him on my shoulders and he finally seen the bus it was so high pitched and screaming saying "dad I can see it, I can see the bus". He's only 6 and loved it.

You can also hear my 9 year old daughter laughing and shouting stuff about Bobby who she absolutely loves in the video I took. He was cool as you like sitting in the back corner with his legs hanging off the bus with sun glasses on haha.

My two eldest daughter 14 and son 11 loved every minute and my lad was dying for the 4g to start working so he could send some rub it in videos to his mate who is a manc haha. The signal was just gone all evening, must have been because some 30,000 people were all trying to upload videos and pictures at once.

My 9 month old slept through the lot haha but who cares he has been to his first parade.

Took ages to reach us but it was well worth the wait, can't wait for next year's one with the double.

As for me, I was just so made up, I've gotta make an appointment to get the 6th star added to my tattoo haha

Here's a pic from the cannons going off it was so much fun there.

Here's one of the bus, I've got better ones but they're on my daughter's phone it's got a better camera, plus it was hard for me I had my son on my shoulders and daughter in one arm haha. I'll upload some in a bit.

Boss!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38: Jun 06, 2019 09:32:57 am
      Think I have watched the home coming for about 12 hours now. One of the things I really enjoyed was the ariel views of the parade coming through Allerton along Queens Drive and West Derby Road down into Leeds St and the Strand how great the City looked So many people slag off this City without even having been here well F**k them its a beautiful place full of beautiful Reds.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #39: Jun 06, 2019 11:15:45 am
      Think I have watched the home coming for about 12 hours now. One of the things I really enjoyed was the ariel views of the parade coming through Allerton along Queens Drive and West Derby Road down into Leeds St and the Strand how great the City looked So many people slag off this City without even having been here well f**k them its a beautiful place full of beautiful Reds.
      Pure jealousy & envy on there behalf Walt,it’s home to some of the greatest fans in the world and home of the greatest club in the world it’s as simple as that
      And I’ll be fu**ed if I’d ever think of moving.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #40: Jun 07, 2019 02:33:04 am
      Think I have watched the home coming for about 12 hours now. One of the things I really enjoyed was the ariel views of the parade coming through Allerton along Queens Drive and West Derby Road down into Leeds St and the Strand how great the City looked So many people slag off this City without even having been here well F**k them its a beautiful place full of beautiful Reds.

Was down at the Strand , by the bus station. As the bus approached you can see the red smoke coming from a distance from the tops of buildings. The crowd got louder and louder as it approached. Then as they passed by we all started following after, got within about 10 ft from the bus after running over some downed barricades a few minutes. Mo threw a scarf landed a few feet from me , some young lad picked it up. That kid will never forget that. Warmed my heart really, kid had a smile from ear to ear.

It was my first trip to Liverpool and it's a wonderful city.  People couldn't have been any friendlier . Had the time of my life. Watched the game at the convention centre big screen . Amazing. Can't wait to come back for a game.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41: Jun 08, 2019 07:59:49 am
      750,000 people lined those streets, F***ing amazing. I don't even think the Bitters have that many supporters!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #42: Jun 08, 2019 08:52:55 am
      Was down at the Strand , by the bus station. As the bus approached you can see the red smoke coming from a distance from the tops of buildings. The crowd got louder and louder as it approached. Then as they passed by we all started following after, got within about 10 ft from the bus after running over some downed barricades a few minutes. Mo threw a scarf landed a few feet from me , some young lad picked it up. That kid will never forget that. Warmed my heart really, kid had a smile from ear to ear.

It was my first trip to Liverpool and it's a wonderful city.  People couldn't have been any friendlier . Had the time of my life. Watched the game at the convention centre big screen . Amazing. Can't wait to come back for a game.

Really pleased you had a great few Days it is a fantastic City made so because of the people who live here. I am still smiling now and I don't think its going to stop anytime soon.

Quick Reply