Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Bruno Fernandes (Sporting Lisbon)

Read 48185 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Bruno Fernandes (Sporting Lisbon)
      Jun 17, 2019 09:46:47 am
      Any truth in reports we have bid Ā£40 million for Bruno Fernandes?

https://twitter.com/TransferRoomLFC/status/1140387030431686657
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2019 07:17:33 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #1: Jun 17, 2019 10:02:09 am

Probably not. Give a couple of hours and the ever cheerful James Pearce would have dismissed it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2: Jun 17, 2019 10:44:48 am
      Probably not. Give a couple of hours and the ever cheerful James Pearce would have dismissed it.

Hope it's true mate he's a classy player and offers lots of attacking threat.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JĆ¼rgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #3: Jun 17, 2019 10:50:47 am

He is pure sh*te. Ā£40million my arse.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4: Jun 17, 2019 11:01:38 am
      Hope it's true mate he's a classy player and offers lots of attacking threat.

Agreed.

32 goals and 18 assists last season...yeah, heā€™s proper sh*te like  :roll:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #5: Jun 17, 2019 11:06:21 am

Absolute steal for that price.

Your arse is what you're talking out of.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #6: Jun 17, 2019 11:52:29 am

oh mannn..  :mad:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7: Jun 17, 2019 11:58:01 am
      Agreed.

32 goals and 18 assists last season...yeah, heā€™s proper sh*te like  :roll:

In the Portuguese League - I have my reservations about him and wary about using stats like above - certainly isnā€™t ā€œsh*teā€ as been mentioned but Iā€™m not sure about him on the small amount of times I have seen him - would all depend on the fee I guess
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8: Jun 17, 2019 12:23:21 pm
      In the Portuguese League - I have my reservations about him and wary about using stats like above - certainly isnā€™t ā€œsh*teā€ as been mentioned but Iā€™m not sure about him on the small amount of times I have seen him - would all depend on the fee I guess

Not sh*te but haven't been overly impressed when i have seen him. Against villareal he frankly was a disgrace as a captain. Spent the entire game acting the tw*t by playacting and generally being terrible as sporting went out.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #9: Jun 17, 2019 01:10:39 pm

Not sh*te but haven't been overly impressed when i have seen him. Against villareal he frankly was a disgrace as a captain. Spent the entire game acting the tw*t by playacting and generally being terrible as sporting went out.

I've liked a lot of what I've seen - I know Diego is a massive fan - but a couple of times more recently he's looked a bit shot happy to me.......a wee bit lacking in imagination.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10: Jun 17, 2019 01:33:42 pm

Rui Patricio and Ruben Neves have done well coming from the Portuguese league, obviously  Ronaldo was a hit and Nani wasnā€™t the worst. Militao going to Madrid for big money, Jiminez to Wolves from Benfica worked out really well too.
      Joao Felix linked with a mega money move elsewhere.

I know itā€™s not the greatest league but Porto, Sporting and Benfica would make a good name for themselves in the Premier League and other top divisions. If a player has the quality then it doesnā€™t matter what league they are from. Letā€™s not forget Virgil and Robbo came to England from the SPL which is a league viewed in a very bad light.

IMO people tend to jump to the conclusion that players from the Portuguese league arenā€™t as appealing and have reservations because of the Markovic shambles.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11: Jun 17, 2019 02:09:06 pm
      Really can't see us signing B.Fernandes unless we sell, Lallana, Ox or Shaqiri, and I can't see us selling them.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #12: Jun 17, 2019 02:56:07 pm
      Rui Patricio and Ruben Neves have done well coming from the Portuguese league, obviously  Ronaldo was a hit and Nani wasnā€™t the worst. Militao going to Madrid for big money, Jiminez to Wolves from Benfica worked out really well too.
      Joao Felix linked with a mega money move elsewhere.

I know itā€™s not the greatest league but Porto, Sporting and Benfica would make a good name for themselves in the Premier League and other top divisions. If a player has the quality then it doesnā€™t matter what league they are from. Letā€™s not forget Virgil and Robbo came to England from the SPL which is a league viewed in a very bad light.

IMO people tend to jump to the conclusion that players from the Portuguese league arenā€™t as appealing and have reservations because of the Markovic shambles.
      Absolutely mate, I feel like a lot of English fans in particular are very negative towards other leagues when in fact most teams are made up from players brought from these leagues.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Jun 17, 2019 04:06:59 pm

Agreed, and that's daft to say the least, usually coming from people who haven't actually watched much of the player(s) and instead of keeping their mouths shut, still want to pass on an opinion - so they generalise on past failures instead of judging each player on its merits. The Portuguese league is poor and lacks competitiveness, but Benfica, Sporting and Porto's academies are among the best in the world, Portugal are the winners of the last two senior European competitions, of the u-19 Euro and Porto are the u-20 European champions (UEFA Youth League). There's lots of talent to be found there. Personally I think Bruno Fernandes is a great player on a poor team. Think he'd be a great signing.

Btw, people love to generalise on other things as well, equally daft - a few examples: "we shouldn't deal with Italian clubs" (because of past issues or difficult negotiations - that is, if we depended on those people we wouldn't have signed Salah), "we have to stop buying from Southampton" (because Lambert and Lovren were seen as failures, then we wouldn't have signed ManƩ and van Dijk), among many others. I think this all stems from a great desire to provide opinions when there's none to be given, so why not go for a good old clichƩ.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2019 04:12:08 pm by Diego LFC »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Bruno Fernandes (Sporting Lisbon)
      Reply #14: Jun 18, 2019 07:01:06 am
      Well, there was a very generic dismissal from Echo that we won't be signing midfielders. They also individually dismissed names like Pepe, Fekir, Kruse, De Ligt, Depay et al.

Bruno links haven't been specifically downplayed yet. Let's hope he makes that lean.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15: Jun 18, 2019 04:34:29 pm

Bruno links haven't been specifically downplayed yet. Let's hope he makes that lean.

Apparently we have happily lowered the fee for Camacho to Sporting so maybe the two are linked.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #16: Jun 18, 2019 04:35:47 pm
      Well, there was a very generic dismissal from Echo that we won't be signing midfielders. They also individually dismissed names like Pepe, Fekir, Kruse, De Ligt, Depay et al.

Don't see it happening
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #17: Jun 18, 2019 05:00:54 pm
      Apparently we have happily lowered the fee for Camacho to Sporting so maybe the two are linked.

I hope so.  To me, Bruno looks the type of player who could rotate into either of the the wide forward roles for Mane/Salah and we wouldn't miss a beat.  Both Mane and Salah can play more centrally if/when required, so this would give us a lot of depth and flexibility.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #18: Jun 18, 2019 11:05:47 pm
      Can see this one getting done or is it wishful thinking ,
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #19: Jun 19, 2019 07:36:15 am
      Donā€™t know too much about the lad
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #20: Jun 19, 2019 07:42:37 am

Think we lowered the fee cos we wanted a buy-back clause AND a 20% sell-on clause. But hope it is also linked with Bruno's transfer
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #21: Jun 19, 2019 10:29:54 am
      The reason I tend to believe the rumors linking us to this guy more than the other ones is the fact that the more you look at him the more you see stark similarities between his game and what he would bring to our game and Nabil Fekir.

They both are playmakers that can play high up the pitch/behind the striker and distribute the ball to the front three with a degree of creativity that we don't currently possess in our team. Both can put their feet through the ball from distance/outside the box which basically translates into the ability to unlock games where our opponents are happy to sit back. Finally, Fernandes, as well as Fekir, are good free-kick takers. These are the 3 qualities that jump to the eye when you speak about Fekir or Fernandes.

Basically, Fernandes is our 2nd attempt at replacing Coutinho after what happened last summer with Fekir. Similar players with similar qualities that Klopp is probably looking to bring to the club in order to fill the hole Coutinho created when he left.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: Jun 19, 2019 10:52:45 am
      The reason I tend to believe the rumors linking us to this guy more than the other ones is the fact that the more you look at him the more you see stark similarities between his game and what he would bring to our game and Nabil Fekir.

They both are playmakers that can play high up the pitch/behind the striker and distribute the ball to the front three with a degree of creativity that we don't currently possess in our team. Both can put their feet through the ball from distance/outside the box which basically translates into the ability to unlock games where our opponents are happy to sit back. Finally, Fernandes, as well as Fekir, are good free-kick takers. These are the 3 qualities that jump to the eye when you speak about Fekir or Fernandes.

Basically, Fernandes is our 2nd attempt at replacing Coutinho after what happened last summer with Fekir. Similar players with similar qualities that Klopp is probably looking to bring to the club in order to fill the hole Coutinho created when he left.

So similar to Keita and Ox then, do we really need a 3rd attacking midfielder? I'd much rather we go for Dembele or some other high quality forward.

Quick Reply