Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Bruno Fernandes (Sporting Lisbon)

Read 48186 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Bruno Fernandes (Sporting Lisbon)
      Reply #46: Jul 06, 2019 04:42:55 pm
      Can this dude play on the wing aswell?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #47: Jul 07, 2019 03:32:14 pm
      I think he is very central. He can play as a striker, but probably not as a winger
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #48: Jul 07, 2019 03:44:40 pm
      I think he is very central. He can play as a striker, but probably not as a winger

We don't really play with traditional wingers though.  Our wide forwards tend to play very narrow.  Our width comes from our fullbacks.  I'm pretty confident he could play anywhere across our front 3. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #49: Jul 07, 2019 04:25:51 pm

I don't think I've ever seen him play as a striker, but he's played wide left on a couple occasions
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #50: Jul 07, 2019 04:52:32 pm
      Letā€™s be honest - he is available and if Klopp wanted him he would be a Liverpool player now , he isnā€™t going to be a Liverpool player and watching him in the Euro Nations things we arenā€™t going to be missing much

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #51: Jul 07, 2019 05:24:42 pm
      Letā€™s be honest - he is available and if Klopp wanted him he would be a Liverpool player now , he isnā€™t going to be a Liverpool player and watching him in the Euro Nations things we arenā€™t going to be missing much

If Klopp isn't interested it sure as hell isn't because of a couple of international games
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #52: Jul 07, 2019 06:40:23 pm

Nonsense. Given how some of our lads have performed on international duty over the years, that would be a ridiculous thing to base it on.

Shaqiri was available and we hadnā€™t signed him yet a year ago and he had a release clause. Klopp wanted Keita and it took us a year to get him and then 6 months to get Virgil!
      There is such a thing as negotiating that takes place, not every transfer is smooth sailing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #53: Jul 07, 2019 07:06:10 pm
      Nonsense. Given how some of our lads have performed on international duty over the years, that would be a ridiculous thing to base it on.

Shaqiri was available and we hadnā€™t signed him yet a year ago and he had a release clause. Klopp wanted Keita and it took us a year to get him and then 6 months to get Virgil!
      There is such a thing as negotiating that takes place, not every transfer is smooth sailing.

Fernandes is not going to be a Liverpool player - I suspect he is just another overhyped player that people have only seen stats of from a sports console game.

Keita was signed and bids were submitted ,VVD had terms agreed with - the length of time it took to get them has no relevance to pure speculation about Fernandes because letā€™s be honest thatā€™s all it is - pure speculation derived from pretend ITK accounts on twitter.

Anyone just needs to look at the squad and see that we wonā€™t be signing a midfielder unless one leaves and right now no one is leaving, so why does anyone think we would be actually signing these Fernandes?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #54: Jul 07, 2019 07:07:20 pm
      If Klopp isn't interested it sure as hell isn't because of a couple of international games

And I have no doubt that Klopp hasnā€™t given him one single thought.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #55: Jul 07, 2019 07:53:51 pm
      Fernandes is not going to be a Liverpool player - I suspect he is just another overhyped player that people have only seen stats of from a sports console game.

Keita was signed and bids were submitted ,VVD had terms agreed with - the length of time it took to get them has no relevance to pure speculation about Fernandes because letā€™s be honest thatā€™s all it is - pure speculation derived from pretend ITK accounts on twitter.

Anyone just needs to look at the squad and see that we wonā€™t be signing a midfielder unless one leaves and right now no one is leaving, so why does anyone think we would be actually signing these Fernandes?

That's your opinion, but like the rest of us you haven't got a clue.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #56: Jul 07, 2019 07:57:59 pm
      And I have no doubt that Klopp hasnā€™t given him one single thought.

Haha. Yeah, because you would know.

I suspect he is just another overhyped player that people have only seen stats of from a sports console game.

And I suspect your dislike of the player is based on nothing at all but a desire to pass on an opinion. I know the feeling, but if you don't have anything useful to say, you can always *not* post! An incredible idea, I know, but give it a thought.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #57: Jul 07, 2019 07:59:34 pm
      And I suspect your dislike of the player is based on nothing at all but a desire to pass on an opinion.

That and he's seen him play a couple of games for Portugal and that's it by the looks of it. Clearly unaware of the season the player has just had.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #58: Jul 07, 2019 08:11:58 pm
      That's your opinion, but like the rest of us you haven't got a clue.

How many players since Klopp has arrived have we signed that have been posted by these ā€œITKā€ on twitter

The only players that arrived the first we heard many times was when solid bids where confirmed

And how many of the ā€œrumouredā€ fron twitter or any other social media source have we signed - none

Times have changed over the last couple of years and the ā€œmediaā€ now are just shooting fish in a barrel , 2+2 = 5 etc etc etc

We do our business properly now - Fabinho signed and sealed before anyone said a word , Allison done and dusted when we were linked to every keeper going etc etc
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #59: Jul 07, 2019 08:18:11 pm
      Haha. Yeah, because you would know.

And I suspect your dislike of the player is based on nothing at all but a desire to pass on an opinion. I know the feeling, but if you don't have anything useful to say, you can always *not* post! An incredible idea, I know, but give it a thought.

Dislike of the player ? Sorry but where did I say I ā€œdislikeā€ the player - seen him a few times in Internationals , a couple of times in the Europa and did not much to stand out , and decent stats in a poor Portuguese League doesnā€™t make the player a stand out thatā€™s worthy of the heavy price tag

My point is simply this is nothing but baseless rumours

He was supposed to be flying to the UK to see this team and that team - guess where he was - flying to Switzerland with Sporting

He is just another name of endless players that have been ā€œlinkedā€ to us based on nothing.

I guess you maybe are Portuguese and like the player but Iā€™m pretty sure that he just isnā€™t at the level we need and certainly not someone the manager is going to spend money on when we have a full midfield already
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #60: Jul 07, 2019 08:22:12 pm
      Dislike of the player ? Sorry but where did I say I ā€œdislikeā€ the player

Iā€™m pretty sure that he just isnā€™t at the level we need

Uh, ok.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #61: Jul 07, 2019 08:25:40 pm
      That and he's seen him play a couple of games for Portugal and that's it by the looks of it. Clearly unaware of the season the player has just had.

Everyone has seen the stats - but itā€™s stats from a poor Portuguese League and a league that the UK donā€™t see because itā€™s not great.

He was also in europa league against a poor Arsenal team and did nothing

Shall we go and get that Morega guy who is superb in the Portuguese League but couldnā€™t hit a barn door against us
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #62: Jul 07, 2019 08:26:22 pm

Confused ? So if someone doesnā€™t rate a player that means they have a ā€œdislikeā€ of the player ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #63: Jul 07, 2019 08:29:23 pm
      Everyone has seen the stats - but itā€™s stats from a poor Portuguese League and a league that the UK donā€™t see because itā€™s not great.

He was also in europa league against a poor Arsenal team and did nothing

Shall we go and get that Morega guy who is superb in the Portuguese League but couldnā€™t hit a barn door against us

Portuguese league that has produced many players to go on and become top players in other countries, even the Premier League believe it or not.
      Joao Felix done nothing for Portugal a few weeks ago and now heā€™s moved for Ā£113mill.

Trouble with people some people is they have such little knowledge of some of the quality there actually is in leagues like Portugal and tarnish it with past mistakes like Markovic. You are one of them people.

How many players since Klopp has arrived have we signed that have been posted by these ā€œITKā€ on twitter

The only players that arrived the first we heard many times was when solid bids where confirmed

And how many of the ā€œrumouredā€ fron twitter or any other social media source have we signed - none

Times have changed over the last couple of years and the ā€œmediaā€ now are just shooting fish in a barrel , 2+2 = 5 etc etc etc

We do our business properly now - Fabinho signed and sealed before anyone said a word , Allison done and dusted when we were linked to every keeper going etc etc

Funny how you probably didnā€™t take this approach when ā€œITKsā€ were saying we were getting Keita, Van dijk and Shaqiri. Believe it or not, transfer rumours have been around long before twitter.
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2019 08:33:47 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #64: Jul 07, 2019 08:34:00 pm
      Confused ? So if someone doesnā€™t rate a player that means they have a ā€œdislikeā€ of the player ?

Well, apparently it does for some (more hate than dislike!) on this forum, just look at the Hendo thread.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #65: Jul 07, 2019 08:37:59 pm

I meant dislike not in the sense of you not liking the player's personality or whatever. Just not liking him, or rating him, as a player.

But anyway, I find it funny that you, on the base of a couple of games, can say with such certainty that he isn't good enough whilst accusing others of "overhyping" him because of a "sports console game". Ok, then.

By the way - the Portuguese league might be poor, but 31 goals from midfield (all competitions) are hardly just "decent" stats. Add some 15+ assists to that as well, if I recall correctly.

And the rumours might be entirely baseless, and you may point out to the numbers we have in the position, but I do recall Klopp nearly signing a midfielder last season when all of those players were already at the club as well.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #66: Jul 07, 2019 08:42:22 pm
      Portuguese league that has produced many players to go on and become top players in other countries, even the Premier League believe it or not.
      Joao Felix done nothing for Portugal a few weeks ago and now heā€™s moved for Ā£113mill.

Trouble with people some people is they have such little knowledge of some of the quality there actually is in leagues like Portugal and tarnish it with past mistakes like Markovic. You are one of them people.

Am I ? Wow thatā€™s quite a judgement to make based on me not rating a player

My ā€œratingā€ of the Portuguese has nothing to do with Markovic just to clear that little misunderstanding for you

And I See Madrid being completely mental spending that amount of money of Felix but thatā€™s just my opinion , than again it seems I have ā€œsuch little knowledgeā€  :roll:

Funny how you probably didnā€™t take this approach when ā€œITKsā€ were saying we were getting Keita, Van dijk and Shaqiri. Believe it or not, transfer rumours have been around long before twitter.

I can say with pretty sure certainty that any ā€œITKā€ that posted about the players you mentioned where already a day late and a bid had already been made of contact made and a ā€œreliableā€ source from the local area was already talking about

99.9% of the ā€œITKā€ havenā€™t got a clue
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #67: Jul 07, 2019 08:48:50 pm
      Am I ? Wow thatā€™s quite a judgement to make based on me not rating a player

My ā€œratingā€ of the Portuguese has nothing to do with Markovic just to clear that little misunderstanding for you

And I See Madrid being completely mental spending that amount of money of Felix but thatā€™s just my opinion , than again it seems I have ā€œsuch little knowledgeā€  :roll:

I can say with pretty sure certainty that any ā€œITKā€ that posted about the players you mentioned where already a day late and a bid had already been made of contact made and a ā€œreliableā€ source from the local area was already talking about

99.9% of the ā€œITKā€ havenā€™t got a clue

Well you are happy to make judgments on players youā€™ve seen very little of and judgments on who Klopp will and will not have been looking at so donā€™t take it personally that itā€™s then done about you.

There was an 18yr old diver and show pony from the Portuguese league that was signed for fairly big money (at the time for that age), might have heard of him; Cristiano Ronaldo, he certainly had no problem upping his game.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #68: Jul 07, 2019 08:50:32 pm
      I meant dislike not in the sense of you not liking the player's personality or whatever. Just not liking him, or rating him, as a player.

But anyway, I find it funny that you, on the base of a couple of games, can say with such certainty that he isn't good enough whilst accusing others of "overhyping" him because of a "sports console game". Ok, then.

By the way - the Portuguese league might be poor, but 31 goals from midfield (all competitions) are hardly just "decent" stats. Add some 15+ assists to that as well, if I recall correctly.

And the rumours might be entirely baseless, and you may point out to the numbers we have in the position, but I do recall Klopp nearly signing a midfielder last season when all of those players were already at the club as well.

Do you mean when Oxlade was out for the season with a serious injury hence looking to first bring in Fekir and then Shaqiri. Oxlade back now

Barcelona and Madrid raid the Portuguese League regularly - if this guys stats stand up as a record that shows he can mix it with the best in Europe and not just Portugal and Europa League - why wouldnā€™t they be looking at a player in a position they would certainly benefit from ?

I have no doubt he is a player that will flourish in a less frantic physical league where he gets time on the ball and space but from what I have seen he wouldnā€™t work out in the Prem - doesnā€™t make him a bad player

Klopp doesnā€™t mess around with signings anymore - he makes it known early he wants the player - interviews with both VVD and Keita will tell you that. So Iā€™m confident to say that if Klopp wanted another attacking mid and likes Fernandes then there isnā€™t much standing in the way.

Quick Reply