Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 49415 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Re: Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #276: Jan 06, 2022 12:39:28 pm
      Downed his tools at one of the most crucial junctures in our season. And that cringeworthy photo of him celebrating a goal against bitters.

I think we have moved on. No room for forgiveness as far as he is concerned.

There's always room for forgiveness mate. 

For me, it all comes down to whether Jürgen wants him and believes he can help us win more silverware.  If the answer to that question is yes, then it would be on Philippe to apologize for his behavior. 

However, I think this ship has sailed as I don't think Jürgen wants him back. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,958 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #277: Jan 06, 2022 07:24:16 pm
      He's a young man that made a mistake. He got his head turned. Brazilians grow up dreaming of playing for Barca or Real. He wanted to do everything to get the move. It was sh*t but he can be forgiven. Especially when we need players and he's tried and tested.

He isn’t come back Salah so better get use to it.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,750 posts | 858 
      Reply #278: Jan 06, 2022 07:30:30 pm
      He's a young man that made a mistake. He got his head turned. Brazilians grow up dreaming of playing for Barca or Real. He wanted to do everything to get the move. It was sh*t but he can be forgiven. Especially when we need players and he's tried and tested.
      Tried and tested as in ''didn't do sh*t since leaving''? Also it was a pretty long mistake having faked injury and stirred sh*t for months before finally getting his move. Thanks but no thanks

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #279: Jan 06, 2022 07:45:14 pm
      Hey if our former skipper has time for him then I guess he knows Phil better that’s us & reasons why..

I was fu**ed off like the rest of you guys but time is a good healer..

Moved to Barca could’ve have been timed weong, hasn’t worked out for him, won the CL with Bayern & other trophies, earned good money too..
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #280: Jan 06, 2022 07:54:18 pm

He played brilliantly for us for years, really loved watching him, my favourite player for a fair while.

Didn't cover himself in glory when he left, but that doesn't mean you forget everything that went before.

We signed him for buttons and sold him for 140 odd million.  Think we've done OK off him.

Looks like he ain't coming to us anyway, but if SG gets him, and can get even 80% of the old Phil back, he'll be happy enough.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,209 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #281: Jan 06, 2022 08:00:25 pm
      He played brilliantly for us for years, really loved watching him, my favourite player for a fair while.

Didn't cover himself in glory when he left, but that doesn't mean you forget everything that went before.

We signed him for buttons and sold him for 140 odd million.  Think we've done OK off him.

Looks like he ain't coming to us anyway, but if SG gets him, and can get even 80% of the old Phil back, he'll be happy enough.

Thats fair

Got him for a snip, got brilliance from him, sold him used his money to get the last 2 ingridients of a league and champions league winning side

Id not look to take him back but if he did I wouldnt be upset, and I wouldnt write hom off yet either as a player
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,906 posts | 3397 
      Reply #282: Jan 06, 2022 08:28:36 pm
      Hey if our former skipper has time for him then I guess he knows Phil better that’s us & reasons why..

Moved to Barca could’ve have been timed weong, hasn’t worked out for him, won the CL with Bayern & other trophies, earned good money too..

Who cares what Gerrard thinks 🤷‍♂️

He is only concerned about Villa

The only person that matters is Klopp and he is the person who was disrespected by Coutinho when he faked an injury

Klopp wouldn’t touch him again
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #283: Jan 06, 2022 08:49:16 pm

The only person that matters is Klopp and he is the person who was disrespected by Coutinho when he faked an injury

Surprised Gerrard is to be fair. He was good in his heyday, but well off the boil now. After his late decline I’m surprised anyone in the prem would consider him.
      I see you getting one stroke of genius/brilliance in one game every 8 or 9. The rest, a mediocre passenger with an occasional good free kick.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #284: Jan 06, 2022 09:00:59 pm

Villa is probably about his level. If our midfield is in prime condition he doesn't get in it currently, but with injuries and everything else I can see why people are considering it.

He was a tw*t when he left so I'm not too bothered either way, I'm more indifferent to him now, kind of like Suarez. If he came back and scored the goal that brought us the title, people would forget real quick how he left. Just saying.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #285: Jan 06, 2022 09:30:00 pm
      Would be interesting if he went to Villa and I suppose if he really wants to prove his doubters wrong it would be an ideal opportunity to do so as he'd be guaranteed playing time and he knows Stevie well. Do Villa have the money these days? Maybe he could be their Juninho.

But just imagine that...leaving us, Jürgen and the privilege of playing for LFC at the top of European football before moving to sunny Barce in a mega deal with huge expectations only to find yourself in Brum a few years later  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,041 posts | 2094 
      Reply #286: Jan 06, 2022 09:33:26 pm
      Not good enough for our high standards. Also a case of been there, done that.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #287: Jan 06, 2022 09:34:26 pm
      Would be interesting if he went to Villa and I suppose if he really wants to prove his doubters wrong it would be an ideal opportunity to do so as he'd be guaranteed playing time and he knows Stevie well. Do Villa have the money these days? Maybe he could be their Juninho.

But just imagine that...leaving us, Jürgen and the privilege of playing for LFC at the top of European football before moving to sunny Barce in a mega deal with huge expectations only to find yourself in Brum a few years later  :lmao:

I think his career is stained now to an extent with that move to Barca, not that he hasn’t had a good one overall but that move, that fee, that expectation… then moving to Bayern and not doing much either… no move after was going to rescue that

But yeah, moving to the pit of England if he moves to villa is quite the F**k up 😀
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #288: Jan 06, 2022 10:02:22 pm

Jürgen doesnt seem like a person that hold grudges. Alot of his Dortmund players left and he huggs them after games. I dont think there is anything between Jürgen and Coutinho. Coutinho could have pissed of somebody else at LFC, somebody on the board or something when he left like that but i doubt that too.

I think its us fans who take things personal and not Jürgen nor the players. Like stevie said in his book about Torres, he tried to convince him to stay but when he left. He still keeps contact with him and wished him luck.

But i agree on Klopp not resigning him, its not because how Cou left but there are probably better players out there in his eyes. Then again, who really knows what Klopp thinks, maybe he resigns Cou again.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #289: Jan 07, 2022 08:09:21 am
      Just announced he’s going to villa on loan
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,523 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #290: Jan 07, 2022 09:00:47 am

yup and Gerrard is quoted as saying he never downed tools which is not what some think.

Too much anger from some, the boy gave us a few good years, scored some worldies, never hid his love for barca, got his move, got us a fortune which then helped us fill much needed holes in the squad which then helped us win the champions league & then the league.

I say thanks phil and now good luck at villa, just not v us. ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #291: Jan 07, 2022 09:03:36 am
      Good move for both Coutinho and Villa.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,209 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #292: Jan 07, 2022 09:40:32 am
      Good move for both Coutinho and Villa.

I wonder, how will he fit in the system with Buendia?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #293: Jan 07, 2022 09:55:20 am
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #294: Jan 07, 2022 10:35:30 am

Gonna be honest, looking forward to seeing him playing for them :)
      Nothing much to loose for SG, loan deal, if it works, great, if it doesn't, so be it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #295: Jan 07, 2022 10:36:07 am
      Nothing much to loose for SG, loan deal, if it works, great, if it doesn't, so be it.

First up - Manchester United, Everton.
      Spicy
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #296: Jan 07, 2022 10:40:17 am
      First up - Manchester United, Everton.
      Spicy

C'mon Phil, hit the ground running :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #297: Jan 07, 2022 10:47:06 am
      £100mil for Grealish Phil on loan seems like good business for Villa. He wouldnt have touched Villa if Stevie had not been there
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,523 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #298: Jan 07, 2022 12:05:23 pm

Probably wont watch any live games, but Ill defo be looking out for villa highlights now.

Quick Reply