Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sun 5th Jul @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of July and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 8410 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,456 posts | 3656 
      Re: Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #75: Jun 14, 2020 10:28:34 pm
      No mate just standard tabloid sh*t... Phil had his time, he engineered his move for bigger & better things & Klopp did warn him...

Move on...

I went out and did some digging...apparently there was a rumor (refuted by Simon Hughes) that Phil contacted Klopp and begged to take him back, supposedly saying he'd take a pay cut and a spot on the bench.

Don't buy it personally, and even if he said that, I don't think there's any way we'd pay a transfer fee or his wages on loan even.....
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,518 posts | 3319 
      Reply #76: Jun 14, 2020 11:00:11 pm
      I went out and did some digging...apparently there was a rumor (refuted by Simon Hughes) that Phil contacted Klopp and begged to take him back, supposedly saying he'd take a pay cut and a spot on the bench.

Don't buy it personally, and even if he said that, I don't think there's any way we'd pay a transfer fee or his wages on loan even.....

MJ is on point about Phil..,

https://twitter.com/ryan3levis/status/1272138244226981899?s=21
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,456 posts | 3656 
      Reply #77: Jun 14, 2020 11:25:26 pm
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,537 posts | 198 
      Reply #78: Jun 15, 2020 01:57:30 am
      Id take Phil back with a few pegs knocked off his ego. Would wait to see the situation with De Bruyne beforehand though; regardless of finances, would guarantee the league for the foreseeable future.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,122 posts | 1405 
      Reply #79: Jun 15, 2020 09:33:10 am
      Id take Phil back with a few pegs knocked off his ego. Would wait to see the situation with De Bruyne beforehand though; regardless of finances, would guarantee the league for the foreseeable future.

What does De Bruyne have to do with it?

You're not suggesting he would join us surely?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,155 posts | 2325 
      Reply #80: Jun 15, 2020 10:12:24 am
      Phil would make a great alternative to Bobby, but he'd have to up his work rate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,746 posts | 4468 
      Reply #81: Jun 16, 2020 03:11:12 pm
      Phil would make a great alternative to Bobby, but he'd have to up his work rate.

Do we still need a stretcher to accommodate his bad back?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,804 posts | 4805 
      Reply #82: Jun 16, 2020 03:35:58 pm
      I honestly don't think he can be accomodated in the team.  I couldn't drop a first team player for him and I just don't think he grafts as much as anyone in the front three or the middle.

I get the whole squad narrative but I think you could argue Emre Can as a replacement for Adam Lallana in the squad would fit better than Coutinho would.  Who's Coutinho replacing? Shaqiri?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,412 posts | 251 
      Reply #83: Jun 16, 2020 03:36:48 pm
      Find it a bit difficult to justify him returning, whether he will or not remains to be seen ?  Considering he seemingly could not wait to leave the club. What has changed so much ?
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 629 posts | 96 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #84: Jun 16, 2020 04:03:30 pm
      No! Just looking at his face annoys me now. Made your bed. See ya!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,155 posts | 2325 
      Reply #85: Jun 16, 2020 04:05:38 pm
      I honestly don't think he can be accomodated in the team.  I couldn't drop a first team player for him and I just don't think he grafts as much as anyone in the front three or the middle.

I get the whole squad narrative but I think you could argue Emre Can as a replacement for Adam Lallana in the squad would fit better than Coutinho would.  Who's Coutinho replacing? Shaqiri?

I'm not sure he replaces one of our front three, but I can see him as a good option in those games where we need a bit more creativity to unlock stubborn defences.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,122 posts | 1405 
      Reply #86: Jun 16, 2020 04:10:38 pm
      I'm not sure he replaces one of our front three, but I can see him as a good option in those games where we need a bit more creativity to unlock stubborn defences.

Won't happen in a million years.

Anyway our style of play ensures we always create chances no matter how stubborn the defence.

This is why I hoped we would sign Werner as he is a natural goal scorer.

Quick Reply