Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 47076 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Phillipe Coutinho
      Reply #23: Mar 26, 2020 07:04:23 pm
      He would be our most creative player.

He was our most creative player, then he had a sore back and wanted to F**k off to Barca!

I can't see us buying him back, especially as all the talk seems to be of either Sancho or Werner.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24: Apr 27, 2020 01:09:03 pm
      This morning's media reporting we have refused an approach by his agent to come back.

WTF ?

I dont forget the way people leave this club ...... some as legends some as lice.

(Owen another one.)

Couthino ? He couldn't wait  to get away even feigning "back ache" so he wouldn't get an injury.

No one is saying that ambition is bad but the manner he did it left a sour taste.

The sweetener ?   We got Allison and Virgil .

So long Coutinho ...  and thanks for all the fish. (HHGTTG)

Warning :  Content Advisory.

So Long and Thanks For All The Fish      Perfect Circle

https://youtu.be/UkHSmDxX1t4

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2020 01:19:31 pm by MIRO »
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #25: Apr 28, 2020 10:04:20 am
      I'm in the minority, I've always said I'd have him back, BUT that said just like Owen he was our star who thought the grass was greener and then would've given anything to come back so I don't have any sympathy for him, same with Can but I didn't like him anyway..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Apr 28, 2020 11:51:44 am
      I'm in the minority, I've always said I'd have him back, BUT that said just like Owen he was our star who thought the grass was greener and then would've given anything to come back so I don't have any sympathy for him, same with Can but I didn't like him anyway..

Coutinho and Can, two players that thought they could go on to bigger and better things but have both been shifted about since whilst we’ve gotten significantly better without them.

No loss, neither are welcome back and both would be a step backwards.
      Spion KOP Ultras
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 29, 2020 11:04:06 am
      Coutinho and Can, two players that thought they could go on to bigger and better things but have both been shifted about since whilst we’ve gotten significantly better without them.

No loss, neither are welcome back and both would be a step backwards.

I agree. Whilst you could understand their motivation to leave, they probably wish that they would've stayed. Can, I wouldn't sign him back if I were Klopp as he'll probably be worse that what he already was (not to say he was bad at Liverpool). Coutinho, no way. Not in a million years. €116,280,000 up front and you've got to deliver. He didn't and went out on loan to Bayern. Maybe if he'd at least convinced barca to keep via his performances than maybe consider it but as it stands, not a chance.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Re: Phillipe Coutinho (Barcalona)
      Reply #28: Apr 29, 2020 11:06:08 am
      It’s probably just his agent trying to get him a better deal. If Klopp wanted either of then back, then sure, but I don’t think either is wanted or needed.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29: Apr 29, 2020 07:08:33 pm
      No way he comes back

If the Newcastle takeover happens he'll end up there

Or sweeping up on Saturdays at Sports Direct.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: May 02, 2020 11:30:52 am
      A lot of water has flown under the bridge since opening this thread, general consensus is, no we don’t need him or we have played better without, no argument from me on both counts to be honest, however we do need to add more creativity than we have, so here’s another wee poser to ponder.....

It’s been well documented that Timo Werner would be a quality acquisition, and he would be, no doubt, but what impact would that have on our current trio up top ?

For me adding Werner could prove yet another master stroke from Jürgen, it would be another piece of the jigsaw completed, feast your eyes on this potential side, a X1 that would defend our title and take us onto No 20.....

Alisson

Trent.     Gomez.   Virgil.     Robbo

Hendo          Fabinho

Bobby

Salah.       Werner         Mane

Subs;
                                 Adrian,  Milner,  Gini, Ox, Keita, Jones, Origi

With plenty of variation from the bench, especially in midfield, it’s a f***in good set up, obviously we have more we can opt for in the squad like Matip, Lovren, Neco, Wilson, Eliot et al,

So what dya think lads & ladettes....Bobby the creator ?

Y    N    W   A

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020 11:36:12 am by billythered »
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #31: May 02, 2020 12:24:40 pm
      That would be better in the Werner thread, I think - https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,51397.0.html.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: May 02, 2020 01:47:21 pm
      It ain't happening
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #33: May 02, 2020 03:30:20 pm

You seem so sure HR, care to elaborate?

Y   N   W   A
      Spion KOP Ultras
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #34: May 02, 2020 07:34:54 pm

If you're talking about Werner, then I disagree. It's all about wether we could get the deal over the line. He wants it to happen, many Liverpool fans want it to happen. However, due to the coronavirus, we may not want to risk using £52 million. We'll never know if we can pull off the deal until lockdown ends and fans are allowed in the stadium.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #35: May 02, 2020 07:53:05 pm

You seem so sure HR, care to elaborate?

Y   N   W   A

Echo had a small piece the other week when we were linked in national press saying we weren't looking at him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #36: May 02, 2020 07:54:28 pm
      If you're talking about Werner, then I disagree. It's all about wether we could get the deal over the line. He wants it to happen, many Liverpool fans want it to happen. However, due to the coronavirus, we may not want to risk using £52 million. We'll never know if we can pull off the deal until lockdown ends and fans are allowed in the stadium.

Thread is about backache boy, don't know what acid your dropping to work out we're talking about Werner.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #37: May 03, 2020 10:54:00 am
      Thread is about backache boy, don't know what acid your dropping to work out we're talking about Werner.

Yeah, my bad, apologies for the original thread becoming a Werner come and get me one !

Y   N   W   A
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38: May 03, 2020 10:51:24 pm

Why do people always blame it on drugs, like they're a bad thing?  :D :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39: May 04, 2020 11:34:39 pm

Cos I was already stoned, so wondering what other more powerful sh*t was needed :laugh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #40: May 05, 2020 01:28:37 am
      Cos I was already stoned, so wondering what other more powerful sh*t was needed :laugh:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Me too  :D :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #41: May 08, 2020 12:45:34 pm

;D

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #42: May 12, 2020 08:23:15 pm
      I think it would be a huge mistake to let Coutinho go to another Premier League club. He'll probably be in the bracket of really great players with De Bruyne, our front 3, Aguero, Kane and Son...

I don't think we're desperate for him but he is the kind of player we need. One who can play in the front 3 and/or add creativity in midfield. Our midfield still does not contribute enough in terms of goals. Keita still needs to find his feet and Chamberlain has not played regularly enough. Having Coutinho is adding options to our squad, he's much more versatile than our other midfielders and probabl much better than anyone of them.

That's my opinion. Also, he might cost much more than other solutions we've heard about lateley (Werner, Aouar... ) but he's a safe bet and is worth the money.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #43: May 13, 2020 01:07:02 am
      I think it would be a huge mistake to let Coutinho go to another Premier League club. He'll probably be in the bracket of really great players with De Bruyne, our front 3, Aguero, Kane and Son...

I don't think we're desperate for him but he is the kind of player we need. One who can play in the front 3 and/or add creativity in midfield. Our midfield still does not contribute enough in terms of goals. Keita still needs to find his feet and Chamberlain has not played regularly enough. Having Coutinho is adding options to our squad, he's much more versatile than our other midfielders and probabl much better than anyone of them.

That's my opinion. Also, he might cost much more than other solutions we've heard about lateley (Werner, Aouar... ) but he's a safe bet and is worth the money.

Not to mention Bobby, Fab and Alisson might love having him back too. I can't have him back personally, but it's not about me, it's about the Team, so I hear where you coming from mate.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #44: Jun 11, 2020 02:08:43 pm
      Talk of them letting him go for less than 50m.

I'd take him on loan and see how it goes. Think we would be wrong not to look at him. We know what a magician he is ... he is a match winner and you can never have too many of those.

If he is desperate to come back here and Barca want rid, that could play well for us in terms of the fee. Would hate to see him at a rival.

Bring him home ....
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #45: Jun 11, 2020 02:16:23 pm
      I am swayed by the opinion that he could be of some use to the side, obviously would not be an automatic choice. Although what a good asset Coutinho could be to this fine squad of players under Jürgen Klopp.

Quick Reply