Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 47096 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #92: Jan 02, 2021 11:56:33 am
      Doubt if Jürgen would want him.

Not a chance, he's not good enough for us now.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #93: Jan 02, 2021 12:07:03 pm
      Not a chance, he's not good enough for us now.

Still better than origi and Shaqiri though...
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #94: Jan 26, 2021 08:29:07 am
      Have we actually recieved all the transfer money some reports claiming 30m short ?
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #95: Jan 26, 2021 09:57:58 am
      Have we actually recieved all the transfer money some reports claiming 30m short ?

I read that too, the report said they still owe us 25m, although other reports say 35.5m, they owe other clubs various amounts as well, can’t see us getting it any time soon though as they are in big trouble finance wise. That would go along way to getting what Jürgen wants.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #96: Jan 29, 2021 02:59:25 pm
      I read that too, the report said they still owe us 25m, although other reports say 35.5m, they owe other clubs various amounts as well, can’t see us getting it any time soon though as they are in big trouble finance wise. That would go along way to getting what Jürgen wants.

Those payment still owed scenarios are present all over world football in the past year since revenues started tanking.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #97: May 31, 2021 01:21:21 pm
      Apparently there's a rumor that he's coming home. Instead of us taking the 50 mil we're still owed they would just give him back to us.....

He just doesn't fit anymore imo. He's only 28, but he would have a hard time getting into this side. I'd rather have the money on a winger or MFer who fits our tactics
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #98: May 31, 2021 01:30:53 pm
      Apparently there's a rumor that he's coming home. Instead of us taking the 50 mil we're still owed they would just give him back to us.....

He just doesn't fit anymore imo. He's only 28, but he would have a hard time getting into this side. I'd rather have the money on a winger or MFer who fits our tactics

But we sold him to a third party so that money isn’t owed to us
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #99: May 31, 2021 01:44:03 pm

I got mixed feelings about this, on one hand I’m saying yes get him in if he’s free, he’s still a quality player and could cover for Thiago, we do need two players for each position and he’s ideal for that, but on the other hand, there’s a part of me saying no, F**k him, he had his chance here, he had a hard-on for Barca and it went limp, that ship has sailed etc, but if he were to return to the prem, could he hurt us playing for someone else ?

I’d rather he be in our squad than elsewhere, so IF it were to happen I don’t think I’d grumble too much if I’m honest, life’s too short to hold grudges, and you can’t really blame him for wanting to play at one of the biggest clubs in the world, it’s the manner in which he wanted to leave that kind of grinds my gears still, but cest la vie, which means ‘F**k it’ in French, he’d be good for us in our quest for the title, let’s do it .

Y  N  W  A
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #100: May 31, 2021 01:45:57 pm
      Decent enough player, when he was at Anfield, but surely not that desperate, to have him back, after he made it clear he wanted to leave !
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #101: May 31, 2021 01:51:42 pm
      But we sold him to a third party so that money isn’t owed to us

Eh ? Who is the money owed too ?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #102: May 31, 2021 01:54:39 pm
      I would happily have him back
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #103: May 31, 2021 01:57:15 pm
      And Klopp wouldn’t touch the little pr**k - he forced his move out of the club , refused to play , he can rot where he is
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #104: May 31, 2021 01:59:17 pm
      Decent enough player, when he was at Anfield, but surely not that desperate, to have him back, after he made it clear he wanted to leave !

I have no problem when a player wants to leave. It’s the way in which Coutinho did it that makes me never want to see him put on the Liverpool shirt ever again.

Even though he won a bunch of stuff that year at Bayern, it gives me the warm fuzzies that the years he wasn’t loaned out it looked like it was terrible for him.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #105: May 31, 2021 02:25:05 pm
      I get both sides of peoples argument here and can't disagree tbh. Yeah he did force a move but let's face it that move from a career, respect, legacy pov whatever you want to throw in there apart from financially where he hit the jackpot the move has backfired. Klopp said he could have had a statue here and forget that CL win, that is as much value as Michael Owens PL medal.
      I'd take him back IF the transfer fee was below £30m and his wage was back down to what he earned previously, let Barca pay that off. Everyone raves about Bruno Fernandes I don't think he's better than Coutinho, I think he'd make a difference.
      All this said I'll still be amazed to see it happen.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #106: May 31, 2021 02:51:48 pm
      I get both sides of peoples argument here and can't disagree tbh. Yeah he did force a move but let's face it that move from a career, respect, legacy pov whatever you want to throw in there apart from financially where he hit the jackpot the move has backfired. Klopp said he could have had a statue here and forget that CL win, that is as much value as Michael Owens PL medal.
      I'd take him back IF the transfer fee was below £30m and his wage was back down to what he earned previously, let Barca pay that off. Everyone raves about Bruno Fernandes I don't think he's better than Coutinho, I think he'd make a difference.
      All this said I'll still be amazed to see it happen.

I agree, Coutinho was flying in Klopp’s system before he left. If we could get him mega cheap then it’s no brainer for me.

Plus we have an amazing Brazilian cohort and he would feel comfortable instantly - helping him to get back to his best
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #107: May 31, 2021 03:12:36 pm
      I would bring him back but on reduced wage for leaving us :)

In January, I would play like this:

Coutinho      Firmino        Jota
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #108: May 31, 2021 03:21:40 pm
      So coutinho, Suarez and sterling all coming back , what about poulsen, konchesky and Milan Jovanovic?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #109: May 31, 2021 03:37:49 pm
      I think the more important point, does Jürgen Klopp, want Coutinho back ?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #110: May 31, 2021 03:44:47 pm

A financial company, can't remember who.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #111: May 31, 2021 04:00:16 pm

Aye read that somewhere myself. We sold the debt off to some third party company. No idea who.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #112: May 31, 2021 04:06:08 pm
      I think the more important point, does Jürgen Klopp, want Coutinho back ?

No

He would prob prefer either Dembele or Greizmann
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #113: May 31, 2021 04:31:23 pm
      So coutinho, Suarez and sterling all coming back , what about poulsen, konchesky and Milan Jovanovic?

All 3 players don't know the meaning of YNWA. In fact I give it more respect than these fuckers.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #114: May 31, 2021 08:18:21 pm
      All 3 players don't know the meaning of YNWA. In fact I give it more respect than these fuckers.

Indeed. Important to remember as well is that the club has moved well beyond those three now. They had their moment.

Quick Reply