Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 47067 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #115: May 31, 2021 08:48:25 pm
      ha ha a f***in manc telling us what YNWA means. We sold these lads for over £230 million so I like that kind of loyalty it buys some quality players
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #116: May 31, 2021 08:53:15 pm
      Apparently there's a rumor that he's coming home. Instead of us taking the 50 mil we're still owed they would just give him back to us.....

He just doesn't fit anymore imo. He's only 28, but he would have a hard time getting into this side. I'd rather have the money on a winger or MFer who fits our tactics

I’ll have the £50 mil thanks  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #117: May 31, 2021 09:58:22 pm
      Indeed. Important to remember as well is that the club has moved well beyond those three now. They had their moment.

Well you'd think club has moved on and wouldn't have the snakes back. However, we do have snakes running our clubs so one can never be too sure. Yes, they had their moments and sh*te on the fans. "Well" all but bully boy who constantly wears his rose tinted glasses who support animals that bite.  :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #118: May 31, 2021 10:32:44 pm
      F***ing hell, not this sh*te again.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #119: May 31, 2021 11:02:50 pm
      Well you'd think club has moved on and wouldn't have the snakes back. However, we do have snakes running our clubs so one can never be too sure. Yes, they had their moments and sh*te on the fans. "Well" all but bully boy who constantly wears his rose tinted glasses who support animals that bite.  :lmao:

Definitely. The worst thing about those fans wanting Coutinho back are that they think he was some sort of world class player. In hindsight he never was and the fact that Liverpool propelled very quickly from the moment he left told us enough that he wasn't the essential player we thought he was. Remember, he was part of a lineup that lost 6-1 to Stoke.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #120: Jun 01, 2021 04:45:04 am
      Pretty sure Jürgen said this at the time of Coutinho leaving:

“Stay here, and they will build a statue in honour of you.
      Go to Real Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona, and you are just another player.”

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #121: Jun 01, 2021 07:58:34 am
      Definitely. The worst thing about those fans wanting Coutinho back are that they think he was some sort of world class player. In hindsight he never was and the fact that Liverpool propelled very quickly from the moment he left told us enough that he wasn't the essential player we thought he was. Remember, he was part of a lineup that lost 6-1 to Stoke.

I hear the word world class and legend far to often with fans. #rosetintedglasses
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #122: Jun 01, 2021 08:24:23 am
      All 3 players don't know the meaning of YNWA. In fact I give it more respect than these fuckers.

I think it all depends on the player, and what team they left you for.
      For examplet, if i was a united fan then i would never take tevez back but i would have let Ronaldo come back for a season or two.

For us, i wouldnt take sterling back but id take coutinho and suarez back. They are south American and they dream of playing for barca or real. Thats if JK want them, im just saying that i wouldn't have anything against it.

I know cou and suarez didnt leave peacefully and made a fuss but everybody makes a mistake in real life. If jk see potential in signing cou back then why not? No point in holding a grudge.

Most of the players nowdays in modern day football are just mercenaries. Doesnt mean they dont respect the club or the fans but we as fans maybe over play it a bit when they kiss their badges after they score a goal.  Unpopular opinion i know but thats how i how see it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #123: Jun 01, 2021 09:19:34 am
      Pretty sure Jürgen said this at the time of Coutinho leaving:

“Stay here, and they will build a statue in honour of you.
      Go to Real Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona, and you are just another player.”

Spot on Ian.
      There is some chat in Spanish media about Barca proposing a return to LFC for Coutinho in lieu of fees owed from his 2018 transfer.

https://talksport.com/football/888820/barcelona-philippe-coutinho-return-liverpool-transfer-debt/
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2021 10:41:11 am by stuey »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #124: Jun 01, 2021 10:23:49 am
      I think it all depends on the player, and what team they left you for.
      For examplet, if i was a united fan then i would never take tevez back but i would have let Ronaldo come back for a season or two.

For us, i wouldnt take sterling back but id take coutinho and suarez back. They are south American and they dream of playing for barca or real. Thats if JK want them, im just saying that i wouldn't have anything against it.

I know cou and suarez didnt leave peacefully and made a fuss but everybody makes a mistake in real life. If jk see potential in signing cou back then why not? No point in holding a grudge.

Most of the players nowdays in modern day football are just mercenaries. Doesnt mean they dont respect the club or the fans but we as fans maybe over play it a bit when they kiss their badges after they score a goal.  Unpopular opinion i know but thats how i how see it.

Quite a good balanced post Billo and not rant and raging like bully boy does when a manc questions loyalties. I'm in total agreement, as a fan I would never have Tevez back. I put Suarez & Coutinho in that same bracket though.

I get the South American bit but at the end of the day they sh*t on your badge and fans, not forgetting the animal making KK look like a Cnut for supporting him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #125: Jun 01, 2021 10:25:27 am
      Spot on Ian.
      There is some chat in Spanish media about Barca proposing a return to LFC for Coutinho in lieu of fees owed from his 2018 transfer.

F**k sake don't be telling him he was right, we will never hear the last of it.  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #126: Jun 01, 2021 10:29:03 am
      F**k sake don't be telling him he was right, we will never hear the last of it.  ;D

Me Aussie mate is always right, even when he’s pissed/stoned and I’m pissed/stoned.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #127: Jun 01, 2021 10:34:15 am
      Me Aussie mate is always right, even when he’s pissed/stoned and I’m pissed/stoned.

I'm going to have to join this club. Aussie red send me some of that  :cool-smiley-027: over  :D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #128: Jun 01, 2021 11:03:21 am
      To be fair, I think we have enough players who are 28+.

If we’re going to invest decent money, it should be on younger players now.

We have a nice blend of senior (Salah, Mane, Firmino, Thiago, Henderson, VVD, etc) and younger (Jota, TAA, Konate, Jones, etc)

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #129: Jun 01, 2021 11:20:12 am

We have a nice blend of senior (Salah, Mane, Firmino, Thiago, Henderson, VVD, etc) and younger (Jota, TAA, Konate, Jones, etc)

From a purely financial aspect Coutinho's return makes sense - Barca are notorious mingebags and the fact that we are still owed £50m from a 2018 deal whatever the contractual details, bears the premise out.
      If we got 5 years out of him at a moderate wage ceiling and he could recapture that old magic it would certainly be a good deal.

L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #130: Jun 01, 2021 11:22:26 am

Agree 100%
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #131: Jun 01, 2021 11:31:56 am
      From a purely financial aspect Coutinho's return makes sense - Barca are notorious mingebags and the fact that we are still owed £50m from a 2018 deal whatever the contractual details, bears the premise out.
      If we got 5 years out of him at a moderate wage ceiling and he could recapture that old magic it would certainly be a good deal.

We’re not owed 50m.

We have been paid in full but it’s easy clickbait every transfer window.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #132: Jun 01, 2021 11:32:20 am

We aren’t owed the money anymore

As mentioned by others the debt was sold to a third party who provided us the funds

Barcelona still need to pay the money so ultimately we would have to pay money for him

This is also a player who did everything he could to leave the club - he disrespected the manager , the club and his teammates

Why would anyone entertain him coming back - regardless of how poor he has been over the past 4 years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #133: Jun 01, 2021 11:33:16 am

50 million? I've heard 25 and 30 also. What requirements didn't he meet in order to still owe the club money  mate?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #134: Jun 01, 2021 12:27:19 pm
      50 million? I've heard 25 and 30 also. What requirements didn't he meet in order to still owe the club money  mate?

It was a contractual stipulation with £40m of the fee to be paid when he was re-sold to another club.

https://talksport.com/football/888820/barcelona-philippe-coutinho-return-liverpool-transfer-debt/

LFC is still owed dosh according to several media sources and contrary to some claims on this forum.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #135: Jun 01, 2021 12:37:44 pm
      If theres a deal to made that suits all parties, why not?

Folk are alway saying we cant ever have enough good players, wee man is still class on his day.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #136: Jun 01, 2021 12:50:09 pm
      There are no football or financial reasons for re-signing Philippe Coutinho.

He is LFC history.

Whatever some Spanish internet gobshites might say, there is no buyback clause that says if we email Barcelona on a Wednesday afternoon between 3 and 4pm we can get him back for nothing and claim £50m cashback and also get 2 tickets for a free draw to win a giant teddy bear.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #137: Jun 01, 2021 12:54:12 pm
      It was a contractual stipulation with £40m of the fee to be paid when he was re-sold to another club.

LFC is still owed dosh according to several media sources and contrary to some claims on this forum.

Wow that's astonishing, the snakes ( owners) hands maybe tired then and end up having him back if Klopp excepts him? Would Klopp get a say in the matter?

Quick Reply