Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 24th Oct @ 4:30 pm
      Old Trafford

Today is the 23rd of October and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W13 D8 L9

Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 18183 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,291 posts | 1438 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #125: Jun 01, 2021 10:25:27 am
      Spot on Ian.
      There is some chat in Spanish media about Barca proposing a return to LFC for Coutinho in lieu of fees owed from his 2018 transfer.

F**k sake don't be telling him he was right, we will never hear the last of it.  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,617 posts | 3570 
      Reply #126: Jun 01, 2021 10:29:03 am
      F**k sake don't be telling him he was right, we will never hear the last of it.  ;D

Me Aussie mate is always right, even when he’s pissed/stoned and I’m pissed/stoned.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,291 posts | 1438 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #127: Jun 01, 2021 10:34:15 am
      Me Aussie mate is always right, even when he’s pissed/stoned and I’m pissed/stoned.

I'm going to have to join this club. Aussie red send me some of that  :cool-smiley-027: over  :D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,662 posts | 2400 
      Reply #128: Jun 01, 2021 11:03:21 am
      To be fair, I think we have enough players who are 28+.

If we’re going to invest decent money, it should be on younger players now.

We have a nice blend of senior (Salah, Mane, Firmino, Thiago, Henderson, VVD, etc) and younger (Jota, TAA, Konate, Jones, etc)

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,617 posts | 3570 
      Reply #129: Jun 01, 2021 11:20:12 am

We have a nice blend of senior (Salah, Mane, Firmino, Thiago, Henderson, VVD, etc) and younger (Jota, TAA, Konate, Jones, etc)

From a purely financial aspect Coutinho's return makes sense - Barca are notorious mingebags and the fact that we are still owed £50m from a 2018 deal whatever the contractual details, bears the premise out.
      If we got 5 years out of him at a moderate wage ceiling and he could recapture that old magic it would certainly be a good deal.

L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 148 
      Reply #130: Jun 01, 2021 11:22:26 am

Agree 100%
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,753 posts | 1478 
      Reply #131: Jun 01, 2021 11:31:56 am
      From a purely financial aspect Coutinho's return makes sense - Barca are notorious mingebags and the fact that we are still owed £50m from a 2018 deal whatever the contractual details, bears the premise out.
      If we got 5 years out of him at a moderate wage ceiling and he could recapture that old magic it would certainly be a good deal.

We’re not owed 50m.

We have been paid in full but it’s easy clickbait every transfer window.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,367 posts | 1228 
      Reply #132: Jun 01, 2021 11:32:20 am

We aren’t owed the money anymore

As mentioned by others the debt was sold to a third party who provided us the funds

Barcelona still need to pay the money so ultimately we would have to pay money for him

This is also a player who did everything he could to leave the club - he disrespected the manager , the club and his teammates

Why would anyone entertain him coming back - regardless of how poor he has been over the past 4 years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,291 posts | 1438 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #133: Jun 01, 2021 11:33:16 am

50 million? I've heard 25 and 30 also. What requirements didn't he meet in order to still owe the club money  mate?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,617 posts | 3570 
      Reply #134: Jun 01, 2021 12:27:19 pm
      50 million? I've heard 25 and 30 also. What requirements didn't he meet in order to still owe the club money  mate?

It was a contractual stipulation with £40m of the fee to be paid when he was re-sold to another club.

https://talksport.com/football/888820/barcelona-philippe-coutinho-return-liverpool-transfer-debt/

LFC is still owed dosh according to several media sources and contrary to some claims on this forum.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,501 posts | 576 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #135: Jun 01, 2021 12:37:44 pm
      If theres a deal to made that suits all parties, why not?

Folk are alway saying we cant ever have enough good players, wee man is still class on his day.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 72 
      Reply #136: Jun 01, 2021 12:50:09 pm
      There are no football or financial reasons for re-signing Philippe Coutinho.

He is LFC history.

Whatever some Spanish internet gobshites might say, there is no buyback clause that says if we email Barcelona on a Wednesday afternoon between 3 and 4pm we can get him back for nothing and claim £50m cashback and also get 2 tickets for a free draw to win a giant teddy bear.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,291 posts | 1438 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #137: Jun 01, 2021 12:54:12 pm
      It was a contractual stipulation with £40m of the fee to be paid when he was re-sold to another club.

https://talksport.com/football/888820/barcelona-philippe-coutinho-return-liverpool-transfer-debt/

LFC is still owed dosh according to several media sources and contrary to some claims on this forum.

Wow that's astonishing, the snakes ( owners) hands maybe tired then and end up having him back if Klopp excepts him? Would Klopp get a say in the matter?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,291 posts | 1438 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #138: Jun 01, 2021 12:55:35 pm

He is LFC history.

Whatever some Spanish internet gobshites might say, there is no buyback clause that says if we email Barcelona on a Wednesday afternoon between 3 and 4pm we can get him back for nothing and claim £50m cashback and also get 2 tickets for a free draw to win a giant teddy bear.

:lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,367 posts | 1228 
      Reply #139: Jun 01, 2021 12:56:52 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/philippe-coutinho-liverpool-barcelona-19700776.amp

“ But while the accounts show that the debt to Liverpool remains, the Reds have actually received the cash after selling the debt to a third party financial institution.”
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,291 posts | 1438 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #140: Jun 01, 2021 01:02:30 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/philippe-coutinho-liverpool-barcelona-19700776.amp

“ But while the accounts show that the debt to Liverpool remains, the Reds have actually received the cash after selling the debt to a third party financial institution.”

So many opinions on his contract agreements  :f_doh: So if that's the case does it say how much  Liverpool got from the third party?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,367 posts | 1228 
      Reply #141: Jun 01, 2021 01:04:54 pm
      So many opinions on his contract agreements  :f_doh: So if that's the case does it say how much  Liverpool got from the third party?

Whatever was left over from the fee at the time the debt was sold
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,617 posts | 3570 
      Reply #142: Jun 01, 2021 01:05:48 pm

He is LFC history.

How would you rate him against some of the "dead wood" as it is described, being reportedly offloaded ?
      As a last resort the lad could be sold off for a sight more than the remainder of the fee.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,280 posts | 2807 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #143: Jun 01, 2021 01:35:36 pm
      Aye read that somewhere myself. We sold the debt off to some third party company. No idea who.

What does that mean?

If he's for free I would take him back. I will use him as impact sub and when Salah and Mane are off, I would play him, Firmino and Jota.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,393 posts | 931 
      Reply #144: Jun 01, 2021 01:48:08 pm
      I would bring him back but on reduced wage for leaving us :)

In January, I would play like this:

Coutinho      Firmino        Jota

This is another reason i can never forget that little c**t. When thundercunt Ramos took down Salah in the CL final, had that little rat been with us you could have moved him to LW and gone Phil-Bobby-Sadio as front 3 and still be very strong. Instead, we had to bring in Lallana as the sub.

I almost get teary eyed at how karma has done its thing with him at Barcelona and been what appears to be a miserable time for him there and would not want him back. However, if Jürgen says yes and he does come back, i will root for the shirt, not the player.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,367 posts | 1228 
      Reply #145: Jun 01, 2021 02:06:28 pm
      What does that mean?

If he's for free I would take him back. I will use him as impact sub and when Salah and Mane are off, I would play him, Firmino and Jota.

It means that Barcelona still owe £40mil for him

We have covered that money off by selling the debt to a finance company who have paid us the money - so the money still needs to be paid , he won’t be free
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,343 posts | 4474 
      Reply #146: Jun 01, 2021 02:12:30 pm
      What does that mean?

What does what mean?

Liverpool got their money. Barcelona owe the rest of the transfer fee to a third party financer that paid us the money.

No way do I want Phil back. He's past it and I don't want us doing business with that group of rats. Screw them.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,535 posts | 818 
      Reply #147: Jun 01, 2021 03:11:23 pm
      What does what mean?

Liverpool got their money. Barcelona owe the rest of the transfer fee to a third party financer that paid us the money.

No way do I want Phil back. He's past it and I don't want us doing business with that group of rats. Screw them.

I'm on the fence. 

On the one hand, I'm a spiteful person and I was overjoyed to see him struggle after the way he left.  Knocking him and Suarez out of the CL in that trophy winning season was unbelievable!! 

On the other hand, I feel like he has paid for his mistake. 

I would have him back if all of these boxes were ticked:
      - He's willing to publicly apologize for the way he acted and admit that he made a massive mistake
      - Jürgen wants him back and thinks he can help us win more trophies
      - We get the better end of the deal with Barcelona to help make up for those cu*ts poaching Masch and Suarez off us
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,343 posts | 4474 
      Reply #148: Jun 01, 2021 03:33:31 pm
      I'm on the fence. 

On the one hand, I'm a spiteful person and I was overjoyed to see him struggle after the way he left.  Knocking him and Suarez out of the CL in that trophy winning season was unbelievable!! 

On the other hand, I feel like he has paid for his mistake. 

I would have him back if all of these boxes were ticked:
      - He's willing to publicly apologize for the way he acted and admit that he made a massive mistake
      - Jürgen wants him back and thinks he can help us win more trophies
      - We get the better end of the deal with Barcelona to help make up for those cu*ts poaching Masch and Suarez off us

I just feel like we can probably do better for the money they'd try to recoup. Unless we got him for peanuts, I don't think it would even be justifiable.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,823 posts | 4593 
      Reply #149: Jun 01, 2021 04:00:50 pm
      Cracking player talent to burn but he left for better times never go back. Wish him well but not here.

Quick Reply