Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 47061 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #138: Jun 01, 2021 12:55:35 pm
      There are no football or financial reasons for re-signing Philippe Coutinho.

He is LFC history.

Whatever some Spanish internet gobshites might say, there is no buyback clause that says if we email Barcelona on a Wednesday afternoon between 3 and 4pm we can get him back for nothing and claim £50m cashback and also get 2 tickets for a free draw to win a giant teddy bear.

:lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #139: Jun 01, 2021 12:56:52 pm
      It was a contractual stipulation with £40m of the fee to be paid when he was re-sold to another club.

https://talksport.com/football/888820/barcelona-philippe-coutinho-return-liverpool-transfer-debt/

LFC is still owed dosh according to several media sources and contrary to some claims on this forum.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/philippe-coutinho-liverpool-barcelona-19700776.amp

“ But while the accounts show that the debt to Liverpool remains, the Reds have actually received the cash after selling the debt to a third party financial institution.”
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #140: Jun 01, 2021 01:02:30 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/philippe-coutinho-liverpool-barcelona-19700776.amp

“ But while the accounts show that the debt to Liverpool remains, the Reds have actually received the cash after selling the debt to a third party financial institution.”

So many opinions on his contract agreements  :f_doh: So if that's the case does it say how much  Liverpool got from the third party?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #141: Jun 01, 2021 01:04:54 pm
      So many opinions on his contract agreements  :f_doh: So if that's the case does it say how much  Liverpool got from the third party?

Whatever was left over from the fee at the time the debt was sold
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #142: Jun 01, 2021 01:05:48 pm
      There are no football or financial reasons for re-signing Philippe Coutinho.

He is LFC history.

Whatever some Spanish internet gobshites might say, there is no buyback clause that says if we email Barcelona on a Wednesday afternoon between 3 and 4pm we can get him back for nothing and claim £50m cashback and also get 2 tickets for a free draw to win a giant teddy bear.

How would you rate him against some of the "dead wood" as it is described, being reportedly offloaded ?
      As a last resort the lad could be sold off for a sight more than the remainder of the fee.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #143: Jun 01, 2021 01:35:36 pm
      Aye read that somewhere myself. We sold the debt off to some third party company. No idea who.

What does that mean?

If he's for free I would take him back. I will use him as impact sub and when Salah and Mane are off, I would play him, Firmino and Jota.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #144: Jun 01, 2021 01:48:08 pm
      I would bring him back but on reduced wage for leaving us :)

In January, I would play like this:

Coutinho      Firmino        Jota

This is another reason i can never forget that little c**t. When thundercunt Ramos took down Salah in the CL final, had that little rat been with us you could have moved him to LW and gone Phil-Bobby-Sadio as front 3 and still be very strong. Instead, we had to bring in Lallana as the sub.

I almost get teary eyed at how karma has done its thing with him at Barcelona and been what appears to be a miserable time for him there and would not want him back. However, if Jürgen says yes and he does come back, i will root for the shirt, not the player.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #145: Jun 01, 2021 02:06:28 pm
      What does that mean?

If he's for free I would take him back. I will use him as impact sub and when Salah and Mane are off, I would play him, Firmino and Jota.

It means that Barcelona still owe £40mil for him

We have covered that money off by selling the debt to a finance company who have paid us the money - so the money still needs to be paid , he won’t be free
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #146: Jun 01, 2021 02:12:30 pm
      What does that mean?

What does what mean?

Liverpool got their money. Barcelona owe the rest of the transfer fee to a third party financer that paid us the money.

No way do I want Phil back. He's past it and I don't want us doing business with that group of rats. Screw them.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #147: Jun 01, 2021 03:11:23 pm
      What does what mean?

Liverpool got their money. Barcelona owe the rest of the transfer fee to a third party financer that paid us the money.

No way do I want Phil back. He's past it and I don't want us doing business with that group of rats. Screw them.

I'm on the fence. 

On the one hand, I'm a spiteful person and I was overjoyed to see him struggle after the way he left.  Knocking him and Suarez out of the CL in that trophy winning season was unbelievable!! 

On the other hand, I feel like he has paid for his mistake. 

I would have him back if all of these boxes were ticked:
      - He's willing to publicly apologize for the way he acted and admit that he made a massive mistake
      - Jürgen wants him back and thinks he can help us win more trophies
      - We get the better end of the deal with Barcelona to help make up for those cu*ts poaching Masch and Suarez off us
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #148: Jun 01, 2021 03:33:31 pm
      I'm on the fence. 

On the one hand, I'm a spiteful person and I was overjoyed to see him struggle after the way he left.  Knocking him and Suarez out of the CL in that trophy winning season was unbelievable!! 

On the other hand, I feel like he has paid for his mistake. 

I would have him back if all of these boxes were ticked:
      - He's willing to publicly apologize for the way he acted and admit that he made a massive mistake
      - Jürgen wants him back and thinks he can help us win more trophies
      - We get the better end of the deal with Barcelona to help make up for those cu*ts poaching Masch and Suarez off us

I just feel like we can probably do better for the money they'd try to recoup. Unless we got him for peanuts, I don't think it would even be justifiable.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #149: Jun 01, 2021 04:00:50 pm
      Cracking player talent to burn but he left for better times never go back. Wish him well but not here.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #150: Jun 01, 2021 04:03:23 pm
      I just feel like we can probably do better for the money they'd try to recoup. Unless we got him for peanuts, I don't think it would even be justifiable.

Don't Barca need to dramatically reduce their wage bill?  I'm pretty sure Cou is on massive wages.  They may be willing to sell him cheap just to shift the wages -- most of their new signings this summer will all be free (Gini, Aguero, Garcia, and Depay) so they may be more concerned about reducing operating expenses than netting a big fee.  And Cou will likely be willing to take a pay cut just to end his Catalan nightmare. 

I'm not pining for him to return, but if it makes sense for us as a club then I'm all for it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #151: Jun 01, 2021 04:08:34 pm
      Fortunately we have a manager who will make decisions based on knowledge of what he thinks his squad needs. I think he really liked Phil but do we need him now we have Jota who I am really excited to see next season
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #152: Jun 01, 2021 04:11:04 pm
      How would you rate him against some of the "dead wood" as it is described, being reportedly offloaded ?

Not the point though, Stuey, is it, even I agree with you that Phil could do a much better job than the "dead wood" in our midfield. So could dozens of other players.

it'd be a retrograde step. He hasn't even got a natural position in our set-up, he's not an 8 and he's not a wide forward (same goes for Ox actually), so we'd be buying back an expensive square peg who told us to F**k off a few years ago, and trying to stick him in some round holes. Can't for the life of me see why we'd want to do that.

Yes we need a new midfielder in, but we don't need Phil, we need a round peg for round holes, and it wouldn't hurt if this new player was 5 years younger than Phil as well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #153: Jun 01, 2021 10:52:54 pm
      50 million? I've heard 25 and 30 also. What requirements didn't he meet in order to still owe the club money  mate?

We're basically being offered him for that amount!!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #154: Jun 01, 2021 11:03:26 pm
      If club said tomorrow he was being resigned, I'd take that.
      Didn't like how he angled for an exit - but at the end of the day, his leaving paved the way for VVD and Ali.
      We signed the guy for 9million quid, next to nothing, he was a super player for us and made us a fair few bob when he left.
      Still only 28 I think, and after having some poor years, would say he'd come with a point to prove.
      Think he's a super player, great to watch - he'd be a big help vs bus parkers.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #155: Jun 02, 2021 01:04:05 pm
      Didn't like how he angled for an exit - but at the end of the day, his leaving paved the way for VVD and Ali.
      We signed the guy for 9million quid, next to nothing, he was a super player for us and made us a fair few bob when he left.
      Still only 28 I think, and after having some poor years, would say he'd come with a point to prove.

I wholeheartedly agree. Thats the way to see it imo. Id rather us go for pedri or fati because of their economy. That said if jk wants cou back, then il cheer him on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #156: Jun 02, 2021 01:11:29 pm

Pretty much where I'm at.

Not desperate for him back here but of he wanted and Jürgen was keen then for me he's still a fantastic footballer.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #157: Jun 02, 2021 05:14:51 pm
      We're basically being offered him for that amount!!

apparently we sold the debt to someone else so we have been paid as far as Phil is concerned and the people who hold the debt will want payment in full or they will send the boys in.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #158: Jun 04, 2021 01:45:33 am
      If the Boss wants him back, he will be welcome by me.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #159: Jun 04, 2021 06:25:43 am
      If the Boss wants him back, he will be welcome by me.

That's coz your a Cnut as well.  :f_whistle:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #160: Jun 04, 2021 07:27:52 am

You calling our Boss a c**t?

That's it, let's get this Manc c**t banned once and for all!  :lmao:

Quick Reply