Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 47091 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #161: Jun 04, 2021 11:57:45 am
      You calling our Boss a C**t?

That's it, let's get this Manc C**t banned once and for all!  :lmao:

Your all a bunch of cnuts  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #162: Jun 05, 2021 12:39:04 am

I have no problem being a c**t to you  :D but how does it feel to be a Manc c**t? Wouldn't wish that on my worst fkn enemy!  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #163: Jun 05, 2021 03:36:27 pm
      I have no problem being a c**t to you  :D but how does it feel to be a Manc C**t? Wouldn't wish that on my worst fkn enemy!  ;D

Basically the same as being a Scouse Cnut  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #164: Jun 06, 2021 12:15:04 am
      Basically the same as being a Scouse Cnut  :lmao:

We're Scouse not cu*ts

Your a Manc c**t and just a c**t in General.  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #165: Jun 06, 2021 09:47:09 am
      We're Scouse not Cu*ts

Your a Manc C**t and just a c**t in General.  :D

Scouse cnuts are better than Aussie cnuts  :f_whistle:
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #166: Aug 19, 2021 03:52:32 pm
      Not the point though, Stuey, is it, even I agree with you that Phil could do a much better job than the "dead wood" in our midfield. So could dozens of other players.

it'd be a retrograde step. He hasn't even got a natural position in our set-up, he's not an 8 and he's not a wide forward (same goes for Ox actually), so we'd be buying back an expensive square peg who told us to f**k off a few years ago, and trying to stick him in some round holes. Can't for the life of me see why we'd want to do that.

Yes we need a new midfielder in, but we don't need Phil, we need a round peg for round holes, and it wouldn't hurt if this new player was 5 years younger than Phil as well.
      Completely agree. Coutinho would obviously be a big upgrade on Origi or Shaqiri, but he's not an ideal fit for the team for various reasons.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #167: Aug 19, 2021 09:01:11 pm
      Saw during a recent game he didn’t even make the bench

:lmao:

F**k that c**t
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #168: Aug 21, 2021 01:28:58 am
      Imagine prime Coutinho on this team against bus parkers...

Alisson
      Trent Matip VVD Robertson
                   Fabinho
            Thiago    Coutinho
      Salah      Firmino      Mane

+ Henderson, Keita, and Jota off the bench.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #169: Aug 21, 2021 02:09:08 am
      Saw during a recent game he didn’t even make the bench

:lmao:

F**k that c**t

Depends what it costs them in appearance fees!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #170: Aug 21, 2021 08:13:51 am
      Depends what it costs them in appearance fees!!

That’s what his contract is about when we sold him, less appearances in completions the less we get paid..

I’m Hearing they gave him the #10 shirt..?
      crazyhorse
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      • Life long fan looking to find fellow reds
      Reply #171: Nov 24, 2021 12:48:37 am
      Not the point though, Stuey, is it, even I agree with you that Phil could do a much better job than the "dead wood" in our midfield. So could dozens of other players.

it'd be a retrograde step. He hasn't even got a natural position in our set-up, he's not an 8 and he's not a wide forward (same goes for Ox actually), so we'd be buying back an expensive square peg who told us to f**k off a few years ago, and trying to stick him in some round holes. Can't for the life of me see why we'd want to do that.

Yes we need a new midfielder in, but we don't need Phil, we need a round peg for round holes, and it wouldn't hurt if this new player was 5 years younger than Phil as well.

So have to agree with this - he was great while we had him, but bang average since he left. And after the manner in which he agitated for the move he should be blacklisted by the club - showed no respect to either the club or his teammates.

Would far prefer to see a few more of the academy lads take the Curtis Jones route, or maybe take a younger prospect who can grow and integrate in the team. Having an old star player back isn’t always the best idea - just take a look at how Man U have imploded since Ronaldo’s return (so good to see them suffer), and think how much of their travails this season are down to his influence in the dressing room.

Anyway - can’t see Klopp wanting him back as he doesn’t seem to like working with players he’s had before.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #172: Nov 24, 2021 07:14:39 am
      That’s what his contract is about when we sold him, less appearances in completions the less we get paid..

Don’t think that’s the case because they apparently passed the debt on to a finance company, meaning we’ve been paid the full amount now. Which funnily probably means Barca are now going to be paying out even more for Coutinho.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #173: Nov 24, 2021 08:37:09 am
      Don’t think that’s the case because they apparently passed the debt on to a finance company, meaning we’ve been paid the full amount now. Which funnily probably means Barca are now going to be paying out even more for Coutinho.

Yep we have received all money
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #174: Nov 24, 2021 09:49:19 am
      Phil is an odd one for me, as to where I put him in my mental boxes for ex players

For context ex players for me tend to fall into a couple of  different categories

One. I really miss them and I always have a bit of a gut churn when I see them play for other teams

Two. I don’t really care one way or the other about them for whatever reason

Two easy examples of this are Torres and Suarez
      Torres falls into number one, Suarez into number two.

There is always various reasons for that, but on those two it’s pretty much like this

Torres, I never felt when he signed for us we were a stepping stone in his mind, he’d turned other moves down and left his boyhood club to come to us because he felt he could achieve everything here he wanted, I always felt he would leave and probably go back to Atleti once he’d won what he came to win.. but. Unfortunately we weren’t at that level, the off field stuff, the team slowly breaking apart around him, he get he had to go somewhere else to win what he wanted to win, he did that at Chelsea and it always hurt me to see him there because of how he was loved at Anfield and how much he obviously enjoyed it here, it was his second home after Atleti.. you can tell he never enjoyed his time at Chelsea like he did here even if it provided him with the trophies his career wanted

Also I think the whole club makes me remember his time better, I loved that time in Our history, I loved what Rafa built, the players we watched at the time, the European nights, the feeling of being right there on the edge of being a real team again.

For Suarez I never felt the same, I always felt he used us as stepping stone, he never saw us as a destination. He’d have gone to Spurs if we hadn’t stepped in.. the Arsenal move he tried to force left such a bitter taste, going on strike to try to force it
      An unbelievable talent, but a c**t of a fella

Also that 13-14 season, yes great in the moment but built on sand, I never felt as fully invested in that group of players or manager as I did Rafas or Houlliers or even Evo’s.. let alone Kennys of the late 80s or Jurgens now

At times when I sit back and watch season reviews I’ve never watched back that one

For Phil though, I guess he goes into the second category, but for other reasons, it’s a shame because he could and should have been part of Jurgens era, but would we be in this current era had Phil not left so we could reinvest his fee into two players who have helped transform us to this level? Because we wouldn’t have them had he not left
      I guess I’m glad he did personally but I bet he regrets it massively, he left when we were right on the edge of greatness and he’s gone on to be just another squad player wherever he’s gone since, he can’t get into what’s the worst Barca team for two decades

He left us some nice memories but I don’t think about him really anymore, apart from the odd season review when you see performances like his one at Old Toilet in the europa league and the like

Perfect example of someone who thinks the grass is greener when in fact you’re sitting on the lushest lawn you’ll ever see
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #175: Nov 24, 2021 12:37:37 pm
      Phil is an odd one for me, as to where I put him in my mental boxes for ex players

For context ex players for me tend to fall into a couple of  different categories

One. I really miss them and I always have a bit of a gut churn when I see them play for other teams

Two. I don’t really care one way or the other about them for whatever reason

Two easy examples of this are Torres and Suarez
      Torres falls into number one, Suarez into number two.

There is always various reasons for that, but on those two it’s pretty much like this

Torres, I never felt when he signed for us we were a stepping stone in his mind, he’d turned other moves down and left his boyhood club to come to us because he felt he could achieve everything here he wanted, I always felt he would leave and probably go back to Atleti once he’d won what he came to win.. but. Unfortunately we weren’t at that level, the off field stuff, the team slowly breaking apart around him, he get he had to go somewhere else to win what he wanted to win, he did that at Chelsea and it always hurt me to see him there because of how he was loved at Anfield and how much he obviously enjoyed it here, it was his second home after Atleti.. you can tell he never enjoyed his time at Chelsea like he did here even if it provided him with the trophies his career wanted

Also I think the whole club makes me remember his time better, I loved that time in Our history, I loved what Rafa built, the players we watched at the time, the European nights, the feeling of being right there on the edge of being a real team again.

For Suarez I never felt the same, I always felt he used us as stepping stone, he never saw us as a destination. He’d have gone to Spurs if we hadn’t stepped in.. the Arsenal move he tried to force left such a bitter taste, going on strike to try to force it
      An unbelievable talent, but a c**t of a fella

Also that 13-14 season, yes great in the moment but built on sand, I never felt as fully invested in that group of players or manager as I did Rafas or Houlliers or even Evo’s.. let alone Kennys of the late 80s or Jurgens now

At times when I sit back and watch season reviews I’ve never watched back that one

For Phil though, I guess he goes into the second category, but for other reasons, it’s a shame because he could and should have been part of Jurgens era, but would we be in this current era had Phil not left so we could reinvest his fee into two players who have helped transform us to this level? Because we wouldn’t have them had he not left
      I guess I’m glad he did personally but I bet he regrets it massively, he left when we were right on the edge of greatness and he’s gone on to be just another squad player wherever he’s gone since, he can’t get into what’s the worst Barca team for two decades

He left us some nice memories but I don’t think about him really anymore, apart from the odd season review when you see performances like his one at Old Toilet in the europa league and the like

Perfect example of someone who thinks the grass is greener when in fact you’re sitting on the lushest lawn you’ll ever see

Ultimately he'll be forever the greatest Moneyball signing LFC ever made,
      which allowed the team to be strenghtened elsewhere.

Loved having Coutinho at the club, but wouldn't swap Virgil and Alisson for anything.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #176: Nov 24, 2021 12:57:03 pm
      We improved as a team after he left.

Brought in two players to turn the team from close to winners

We also didn’t drop as an attacking unit losing him

He was a good player - it’s still amazing that Barcelona paid so much for him

But like Torres , Suarez and Mascherano amongst others - they were desperate to jump ship so wouldn’t welcome any of them back
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #177: Nov 24, 2021 01:44:17 pm
      We improved as a team after he left.

Brought in two players to turn the team from close to winners

We also didn’t drop as an attacking unit losing him

He was a good player - it’s still amazing that Barcelona paid so much for him

But like Torres , Suarez and Mascherano amongst others - they were desperate to jump ship so wouldn’t welcome any of them back

Torres was lied to, he wouldn’t have gone if we’d have shown some ambition.  I’d have had him back in a heartbeat.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #178: Nov 24, 2021 02:21:17 pm
      Torres was lied to, he wouldn’t have gone if we’d have shown some ambition.  I’d have had him back in a heartbeat.

By Hicks and Gillette

New owners came in and he didn’t want to wait and be a part of any build so transfer request in

In the end it wasn’t a bad move for us because as a player he was gone after his knee issue and was never the same player again
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #179: Nov 24, 2021 02:27:29 pm
      By Hicks and Gillette

New owners came in and he didn’t want to wait and be a part of any build so transfer request in

By all accounts they were saying the same things and Torres didn’t think he had the time to see if these weren’t lying like the last lot

Even with retrospect he didn’t have the time it’s taken under FSGs way anyway
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #180: Nov 24, 2021 02:47:15 pm
      we had Phil's best years as a player and did well out of him financially. We move forward these days not even a cheap loan deal would interest me
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #181: Nov 24, 2021 02:51:17 pm
      By all accounts they were saying the same things and Torres didn’t think he had the time to see if these weren’t lying like the last lot

Even with retrospect he didn’t have the time it’s taken under FSGs way anyway

I believe there was talks with Purslow around the selling and then when Comolli arrived there were talks and then with Dalglish - it was going to take time.  The cowboys ripped the team apart - there was no quick fix , they were looking to get Suarez in to play with him but he wanted trophies
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #182: Nov 24, 2021 04:14:21 pm
      Didn’t we stall to the very last minute on the Suarez deal unless Chelsea paid the £50 million fee upfront to fund Carroll & Suarez..?

I would have kept Torres over Carroll....

Anyway.... Phil, bit of a sh*t move he pulled, Edwards shafted Barca, we got Ali & Virgil, I’m happy with that..

Would I take Phil back right now...? Never.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #183: Nov 24, 2021 04:29:45 pm
      Didn’t we stall to the very last minute on the Suarez deal unless Chelsea paid the £50 million fee upfront to fund Carroll & Suarez..?

I would have kept Torres over Carroll....

Anyway.... Phil, bit of a sh*t move he pulled, Edwards shafted Barca, we got Ali & Virgil, I’m happy with that..

Would I take Phil back right now...? Never.

Club was getting Suarez - Torres looked to leave, the club asked Chelsea to pay whatever was needed to get Carroll plus what was needed for Suarez

Quick Reply