Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 47075 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Phillipe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #322: Jan 16, 2022 03:44:59 pm
      I'd be interested to see what percentage of his wage Villa are paying. I'm sure I've read before he's on over £300,000 . I can't see them paying half of that?
      I'd have liked to have seen him back with us for the remainder of the season on loan on a third of his Barca wage though .I know I'm in the minority..
      Pretty sure I read they are paying £125,000 a week.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #323: Jan 16, 2022 03:54:22 pm
      Pretty sure I read they are paying £125,000 a week.

That sounds about right I'd say. Barca have proper screwed themselves over the last few seasons ..no sympathy
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #324: Jan 17, 2022 09:46:03 am
      Goal and an assist to take points of United.
      That'll do, Coutinho.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #325: Jan 17, 2022 11:00:36 am
      DO villa still have to play City ? if so he can redeem himself even more. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #326: Jan 17, 2022 11:45:33 am
      DO villa still have to play City ? if so he can redeem himself even more. 

On May 22nd at the emptyhad. It will be to late by the league will be over.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #327: Jan 26, 2022 07:09:05 am
      On May 22nd at the emptyhad. It will be to late by the league will be over.

Unlike you Keith to be so negative, or couldn’t it be like your avatar, showing everyone your cards  :f_whistle:

There is light at the end of the tunnel mate, it’s about the size of a £ coin admittedly but if we close the gap and city drop more points that light will get brighter, and City don’t like us breathing down their necks, plus, we are the mentality monsters, we know how to put a run of wins together, the season is far from over, pity the pro- Manc media don’t feel the same, they’ve had the champagne on ice since our loss to the Hammers!

Y  N  W  A
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #328: Jan 26, 2022 09:33:39 am

Unlike you Keith to be so negative, or couldn’t it be like your avatar, showing everyone your cards  :f_whistle:

There is light at the end of the tunnel mate, it’s about the size of a £ coin admittedly but if we close the gap and city drop more points that light will get brighter, and City don’t like us breathing down their necks, plus, we are the mentality monsters, we know how to put a run of wins together, the season is far from over, pity the pro- Manc media don’t feel the same, they’ve had the champagne on ice since our loss to the Hammers!

Y  N  W  A

What makes you think that’s me in the photo Billy.  ;D

City’s squad simply to strong mate and with you guys only have a top 11/12 players with a ageing midfield that now needs replacing it’s asking to much with your squad mate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #329: Jan 27, 2022 12:26:09 am
      with a ageing midfield that now needs replacing

There are areas that need replacing in midfield, no disputing that. But, it’s a bit of a miss-conception that it’s aging. Milner is 36 and only really plays here and there now, Hendo is 31 and Thiago is 30.
      Aside from that, Ox and Fab are 28 and essentially around their prime years but then there is Keita (26), Jones (20), Morton (19) and Elliott (18).

A couple of those need to be replaced but it’s not massively ageing IMO.

If you want to look at ageing then maybe look at yous lot having both Ronaldo and Cavani as your CF options ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #330: Jan 27, 2022 06:53:14 am
      There are areas that need replacing in midfield, no disputing that. But, it’s a bit of a miss-conception that it’s aging. Milner is 36 and only really plays here and there now, Hendo is 31 and Thiago is 30.
      Aside from that, Ox and Fab are 28 and essentially around their prime years but then there is Keita (26), Jones (20), Morton (19) and Elliott (18).

A couple of those need to be replaced but it’s not massively ageing IMO.

If you want to look at ageing then maybe look at yous lot having both Ronaldo and Cavani as your CF options ;)

Ox is not a first team player KK. He should be sold in this window or summer if possible. United don’t even come into the conversation. We don’t have any chance of winning anything. Liverpool themselves come Summer will need at least 3/4 new additions to keep up with City and then hope they don’t get Haaland.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #331: Jan 27, 2022 07:25:48 am
      Ox is not a first team player KK. He should be sold in this window or summer if possible.

Doesn’t change the fact he’s still a player under 30 and at prime years age, regardless of his role in the team. But I agree, we do need shot of him in the summer.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #332: Jan 27, 2022 07:30:28 am
      Doesn’t change the fact he’s still a player under 30 and at prime years age, regardless of his role in the team. But I agree, we do need shot of him in the summer.

Age Irrelevant being in his prime if not good enough KK. We both know that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #333: Jan 27, 2022 06:06:44 pm
      Age Irrelevant being in his prime if not good enough KK. We both know that.

Keith you’re missing my original point. I agreed with you that parts of the midfield needed replacing and that Ox is part of that, you don’t need to keep pointing out he isn’t good enough. But for some reason you seem to be dismissing the point I made purely about age and our midfield not being as old as many seem to think.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #334: Jan 27, 2022 06:42:29 pm
      Keith you’re missing my original point. I agreed with you that parts of the midfield needed replacing and that Ox is part of that, you don’t need to keep pointing out he isn’t good enough. But for some reason you seem to be dismissing the point I made purely about age and our midfield not being as old as many seem to think.

Think it’s a misunderstanding KK sorry. I’ve never rated Ox even at a younger age. Obviously that big injury he had did him no favours either.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #335: Jan 28, 2022 12:58:52 pm

City’s squad simply to strong mate and with you guys only have a top 11/12 players with a ageing midfield that now needs replacing it’s asking to much with your squad mate.

Not really as been said us replacing Hendo and Milner is just like them replacing Fernandinho.

Could be worse, we could start talking about your midfield. How many need replacing there?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #336: Jan 28, 2022 02:04:33 pm
      Not really as been said us replacing Hendo and Milner is just like them replacing Fernandinho.

Could be worse, we could start talking about your midfield. How many need replacing there?

Yes really HR. Yes it could be worse if we talked about ours. We’re not fighting to win the league though you guys are, that’s the difference. Us lot!! Still in transition.  :lmao:
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #337: Jan 28, 2022 07:43:02 pm
      Ox is not a first team player KK. He should be sold in this window or summer if possible. United don’t even come into the conversation. We don’t have any chance of winning anything. Liverpool themselves come Summer will need at least 3/4 new additions to keep up with City and then hope they don’t get Haaland.

Think you are being harsh on your club there Keith saying no chance of winning anything................ ........................ Winning a place in the Europa league is still up for grabs.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #338: Jan 28, 2022 07:43:57 pm
      Think you are being harsh on your club there Keith saying no chance of winning anything................ ........................ Winning a place in the Europa league is still up for grabs.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Think it will be the Conference for them 😁
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #339: Jan 29, 2022 01:06:55 pm
      Yes really HR. Yes it could be worse if we talked about ours. We’re not fighting to win the league though you guys are, that’s the difference. Us lot!! Still in transition.  :lmao:

Sound we'll be past at least 20 before you lot get your house in order!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #340: Jan 29, 2022 01:13:12 pm
      Sound we'll be past at least 20 before you lot get your house in order!!

Certainly not this year.  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #341: Jan 29, 2022 01:21:22 pm

At least we're challenging City.

Must be bad being the sh*t team in Manchester right now!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #342: Jan 29, 2022 03:53:29 pm
      At least we're challenging City.

Must be bad being the sh*t team in Manchester right now!!

You can’t wind me up because it’s true.  ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #343: Feb 01, 2022 08:46:01 am

Of course it’s you, you ugly Manc Cnut, it’s why you put it up in our forum, anyhoo apologies to yer Ma, she’s the only one who would love that face,  :f_whistle:

Right, Citeh, they do have the strongest squad mate your right, and they also have the momentum, however, beware the wounded animal, that is us, there isn’t that much in it, tbh, I’d rather be in their position of course I would, but, City have fu**ed up before and I think they will again, not saying we’re relying on your lot for any favours but you could take points off them, there are others also that are capable of taking points off them, and don’t forget we have yet to travel to the emptihad this season, in April, so plenty of time to close that gap between now and then,

Are we clutching at straws here ? possibly, but we have the return of CL football this month, that is Pep’s holy grail, a important enough distraction to perhaps knock them off kilter domestically, but there is the fact that we ourselves would have to be practically faultless, to go on now unbeaten would be a phenomenal achievement, but not impossible, we are the Mentality Monsters and thrive in a world where winning is a absolute must, and our never say die attitude has beaten adversity many times in the past, NEVER Write us off is all I’m saying,

I think you will see a different Liverpool from now on in, we’ve added some quality to our ranks in Diaz, once he’s settled there will be no stopping us, we have Mo, Mane, Naby back from Afcon unscathed, we have wee Harvey Elliot back from injury, we have Thiago back also, we have Diogo Jota on fire, and we have a fire & a Passion of a home crowd no one can match, we have the best player in the world and the best manager in the world, with a fully fit squad chomping at the bit, on four fronts, be afraid be very afraid, cos the real Redmen are back, for me we have yet to hit top form this season, we’ve played well for the most part but not at our optimum, that’s about to change!!!

We just got to keep winning and see where it takes us, that’s all we need to concentrate on, us and only us, no one else matters, a proper siege mentality and F**k everyone else, we stay within our own bubble, we don’t read the press/media, we don’t talk to the press/media, apart from contractual obligations, we keep it real and we give every f***in thing we got, we are Liverpool, this means more !!

After all that Keith me old mucker, your still a ugly Manc Cnut  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D

Y  N  W  A
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #344: Feb 01, 2022 09:43:01 am

After all that Keith me old mucker, your still a ugly Manc Cnut  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D

Y  N  W  A

I got fed up reading after the first paragraph so settle for this.  :lmao:  Anyway, in Newcastle fan now. Don’t tell HK but come on the stripes  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2022 10:26:32 am by Keith Singleton »

Quick Reply