Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Women's World Cup 2019

Read 28271 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Women's World Cup 2019
      Reply #23: Jun 16, 2019 05:46:16 pm
      USA are so damned good. Just head and shoulders above everyone else.

Anyone out there think you'll see the USA win the men's World Cup in your lifetime? I suppose such a question rests on how big/developed the MLS can become in the next few decades.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24: Jun 17, 2019 03:49:14 pm
      ok, so it was a troll attempt. Carry on.

No it was a factual statement, are you incapable of understanding the difference??

The only team I have seen who are even half decent are USA, but a good U15 boys team would probably give them a damned good game if not beat them.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25: Jun 17, 2019 03:51:23 pm
      USA are so damned good. Just head and shoulders above everyone else.

Anyone out there think you'll see the USA win the men's World Cup in your lifetime? I suppose such a question rests on how big/developed the MLS can become in the next few decades.

Anything is possible but the Men's game is going to have to get popular and profitable enough to attract the best young athletes and I doubt that is happening right now.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #26: Jun 17, 2019 04:36:50 pm
      No it was a factual statement, are you incapable of understanding the difference??

The only team I have seen who are even half decent are USA, but a good U15 boys team would probably give them a damned good game if not beat them.

Unless he or you watched the game, going off some article to say the quality of women's football is that of the U15 boys because a team lost in some scrimmage is not a factual but rather a moronic statement, which would make sense as to why you agree with it.

Some of these girls can be pretty small, so if a 15yo kid can out-muscle them and run the other way with the ball, that does not mean his tactical, technical and mental ability to perform is greater.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27: Jun 17, 2019 05:56:01 pm
      Unless he or you watched the game, going off some article to say the quality of women's football is that of the U15 boys because a team lost in some scrimmage is not a factual but rather a moronic statement, which would make sense as to why you agree with it.

Some of these girls can be pretty small, so if a 15yo kid can out-muscle them and run the other way with the ball, that does not mean his tactical, technical and mental ability to perform is greater.

Just ask yourself this, why would ladies professional team organise friendlies vs U15/U16 boys? I would bet on my life if we put our U16 team in the WSL or NWPSL, they would win it. Just use a bit of common sense and stop white knighting, we are not on twitter.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2019 06:15:11 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #28: Jun 17, 2019 08:44:22 pm
      Just ask yourself this, why would ladies professional team organise friendlies vs U15/U16 boys? I would bet on my life if we put our U16 team in the WSL or NWPSL, they would win it. Just use a bit of common sense and stop white knighting, we are not on twitter.

Australia whilst ranked 5th in the world lost 7-0 to an under 15s team in 2016, the standard of play is dreadful the pitches are to big and when you have a 5ft tall thai goalkeeper in regular size nets you get 13-0 results. Pitches and goals need to be smaller to allow the game to speed up as it's so slow.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Jun 17, 2019 08:56:51 pm

The 15yo boy doesn't have to be technically better, although I'd imagine he probably would be in an academy team, as long as he's faster and stronger he is overall better, that's what matters.
      Not entirely sure why you are trying to argue this but you are an argumentative person at the best of times.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #30: Jun 17, 2019 09:40:14 pm
      Corruption in the Women's World Cup.

Absolute joke that. So much bias to France. Nigeria should just walk off the pitch.

Pathetic football. Quality abysmal. But that is just unbelievable.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #31: Jun 17, 2019 09:50:15 pm
      I agree a few centimeters off her line favouritism for the French absolutely disgraceful and especially because she never saved the penalty the French girl missed it !!!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #32: Jun 18, 2019 05:30:58 am
      I like the WWC. Maybe it's not as fluid or smooth as the Mens WC but there is a sense of drama and greatness to it all the same.  I was hooked on our Women's team when I saw Abby Wambach staple her f***in' forehead together in order to continue playing after a collision for the ball. That Woman is a baller!

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Jun 18, 2019 08:16:50 am
      I like the WWC. Maybe it's not as fluid or smooth as the Mens WC but there is a sense of drama and greatness to it all the same.  I was hooked on our Women's team when I saw Abby Wambach staple her f***in' forehead together in order to continue playing after a collision for the ball. That Woman is a baller!

;D no wonder you enjoy it when your team is beating everyone by 5 or 6 goals but spare a thought for some of us who have to watch our national team fumble and scrape their way to a 2-1 win over South Korea! To top it off the bloody crowd were booing Norway, wankers,I know Norway were a bit sh*t but if any team were playing dirty then it was the Koreans, surprisingly physical actually with about 4 potential head injuries in the second half alone!

The US team is so much better than any other team in this competition that its almost ridiculous.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #34: Jun 19, 2019 09:59:12 pm
      just watched a bit of the Scotland Argentina game and VAR is killing the game we may as well do away with REFs and go for full technology. Emotion is such a big part of football and its being destroyed people who no idea what they are doing to the game. We just need better Refs.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #35: Jun 20, 2019 09:05:15 am
      This penalty retake is a farce and Scotland faced the brunt of it yesterday. It is ridiculous.

As we saw in the Nigeria game, they only look at what they want. Focus on the keeper being inches of the line, but ignore the players running into the box.

Keepers are hugely disadvantaged now.

Might be a good tactic to purposely hit your first penalty attempt over the bar. Almost guaranteed the keeper will step off the line, get a yellow card, then you get a 2nd attempt against a keeper who will be afraid to move in case of a 2nd yellow card!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36: Jun 20, 2019 10:53:22 am
      This penalty retake is a farce and Scotland faced the brunt of it yesterday. It is ridiculous.

As we saw in the Nigeria game, they only look at what they want. Focus on the keeper being inches of the line, but ignore the players running into the box.

Keepers are hugely disadvantaged now.

Might be a good tactic to purposely hit your first penalty attempt over the bar. Almost guaranteed the keeper will step off the line, get a yellow card, then you get a 2nd attempt against a keeper who will be afraid to move in case of a 2nd yellow card!!

Its not a farce, the rules say the keeper has to stay on their line during a penalty, 2 keepers now, Nigeria and Scotland were unable to do that and suffered the consequences, if you want to blame anyone blame them. I do agree it was crap of the ref yesterday not to add more minutes to the end of the game, that was wrong but otherwise VAR ensures rules are not being broken and it worked out pretty good for us in the CL final so no complaints from me.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #37: Jun 20, 2019 01:39:04 pm
      Its not a farce, the rules say the keeper has to stay on their line during a penalty, 2 keepers now, Nigeria and Scotland were unable to do that and suffered the consequences, if you want to blame anyone blame them. I do agree it was crap of the ref yesterday not to add more minutes to the end of the game, that was wrong but otherwise VAR ensures rules are not being broken and it worked out pretty good for us in the CL final so no complaints from me.

The rules are nonsense, and they are not being applied consistently or fairly.

The referees are also a joke. See how they berated both keepers and forced them to stand behind the line. I thought the rule was ON the line? Then both keepers completely failed to get near the ball. No surprise because their head has been messed up by the rules, and then the referee.

Curious to know if any penalties have been saved by the keeper staying on their line yet?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Jun 20, 2019 02:03:56 pm
      The rules are nonsense, and they are not being applied consistently or fairly.

The referees are also a joke. See how they berated both keepers and forced them to stand behind the line. I thought the rule was ON the line? Then both keepers completely failed to get near the ball. No surprise because their head has been messed up by the rules, and then the referee.

Curious to know if any penalties have been saved by the keeper staying on their line yet?

Its a fairly simple rule to adhere to though isn't it and should not prevent a goalie from saving a penalty, all they have to do is shift there starting spot back about a foot, its the same as with Tennis and cricket, feet positioning. You can say its a silly rule but if you didn't have it you could have Goalkeepers charging at the penalty taker and narrowing the gap by at least a metre which would obviously have an effect.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #39: Jun 20, 2019 04:15:23 pm
      Though it is a rule but it really one that is never enforced unless the keeper is 5 steps out as the ball is being kicked, even then ref won't penalise the keeper. The way I look it seems now after what happen in the France match they are focusing in on making it important since they had to use so it help them out and don't want to appear to give the host favouritism. It reminds me of 2012 women football Olympic semi-final Canada played the Americans and Canada went up 3-2 the keeper got called for holding the ball too long which resulted in a indirect free kick which in the end resulted in Americans tying it up. Yes it is a rule but I never seen it call in all the games I have watched before and even after. The funny part was not like there was time wasting tactic or Americans were complaining about it because the keeper had the ball for 6 exact seconds then blown down. It just screams favouritism when calls like that happen, much like the call on the Nigerian keeper for France. Just looks very sketchy the timing of the calls.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #40: Jun 20, 2019 06:03:07 pm
      Australia whilst ranked 5th in the world lost 7-0 to an under 15s team in 2016, the standard of play is dreadful the pitches are to big and when you have a 5ft tall thai goalkeeper in regular size nets you get 13-0 results. Pitches and goals need to be smaller to allow the game to speed up as it's so slow.

You made me look this up,another take,https://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-us/news/1698/womens-soccer/2016/05/26/23954642/australia-womens-soccer-team-faces-unfair-global-backlash. as far as the goals thing,heard many americans use that to make the mens game better,ya know 0-0 is sh*te goals maaaaannn!!Let them play, invest money and quality will get better.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #41: Jun 20, 2019 10:47:37 pm
      Idk...yes the game has rules but interpretation is part of Football. If rules were followed then Injury times would be different. They would have multiple PKs every match, constant yellow cards and direct kicks....it would be sh*t and RIP the soul out of Football.  Human error is and should always be part of sports. I think goal line technology is good but what's really amazing is how open to conjecture VAR is. VAR was supposed to eliminate conjecture instead it's now got multiple people deciding on a penalty or rule instead of the one referee.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #42: Jun 22, 2019 04:31:48 pm
      Germany about to go against Nigeria.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #43: Jun 22, 2019 04:56:56 pm
      holy crap some kinda boot to the knee there.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #44: Jun 22, 2019 05:12:52 pm
      The tournament is a complete right off. A joke.

Germany awarded a goal after VAR when their Striker is offside and stood directly in front of the Nigerian keeper.  WRONG

Germany then awarded a penalty after VAR when the Nigerian defender kicks the ball (away from the player) and the follow through hits the leg of the German player. WRONG

Then with the nonsense goalkeeper rule, the Nigerian keeper is stood BEHIND the line, and is afraid to move until the ball has been kicked. Easy goal.

Its a FARCE.  :mad:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #45: Jun 22, 2019 05:25:20 pm
      The tournament is a complete right off. A joke.

Germany awarded a goal after VAR when their Striker is offside and stood directly in front of the Nigerian keeper.  WRONG

Germany then awarded a penalty after VAR when the Nigerian defender kicks the ball (away from the player) and the follow through hits the leg of the German player. WRONG

Then with the nonsense goalkeeper rule, the Nigerian keeper is stood BEHIND the line, and is afraid to move until the ball has been kicked. Easy goal.

Its a FARCE.  :mad:

Yeah, the USA pen vs Sweden was odd, should not have been given.

Edit: Just saw the Germany first goal again, I think it was okay!
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2019 08:55:49 pm by PurpleMonkey »

Quick Reply