Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Sepp van den Berg Player Thread (Loan to Mainz 05) (D)

Read 18669 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Sepp van den Berg Player Thread (Loan to Mainz 05) (D)
      Jun 27, 2019 11:00:13 am

Liverpool have agreed a deal with PEC Zwolle for the transfer of Sepp van den Berg, which will be completed in July subject to international clearance.

The 17-year-old defender has finalised terms on a long-term contract with the Reds after an agreement was reached with the Eredivisie club.

Van den Berg told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s just an amazing feeling.

“It is, for me, the biggest club in the world and it’s a dream come true. I am really excited.

“I’ve seen what kind of players from the Academy grew into the first team here. It is unbelievable, especially when this kind of big club does that.

“Of course, the trainer [Jürgen Klopp] is a great guy and one of the reasons they are successful – and also one of the reasons I came here.

“I think this is the best place for me to grow and hopefully play a lot of games here.”

Van den Berg made 15 appearances in the Dutch top flight last season, helping Zwolle to a 13th place finish.

He is also an international for the Netherlands at U19 level, winning four caps to date.

Fee is initial £1.3M which could rise to £4.4M depending on first team appearances.
      « Last Edit: Aug 14, 2023 02:41:40 pm by RedPuppy »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Re: Sepp van den Berg Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jun 27, 2019 11:48:46 am
      Good signing, apparently beat off interest from Bayern and Barfa (sorry, Barca).

From what I’ve read he’s not a. Academy signing, they see him possibly going into the first team sooner than later (ala Gomez).
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: Jun 27, 2019 11:49:56 am
      Two words i thought i would never say: welcome sepp.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #3: Jun 27, 2019 12:22:25 pm
      Welcome kid. If you're half as good as the last Dutch CB we signed you're in the world's top 5 already ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #4: Jun 27, 2019 12:23:12 pm

“It is, for me, the biggest club in the world and it’s a dream come true. I am really excited.

Enough said.

Welcome to the club...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5: Jun 27, 2019 12:32:30 pm
      Van den Berg made 15 appearances in the Dutch top flight last season, helping Zwolle to a 13th place finish.

Damn, that is actually quite impressive for a 17 year old. I wonder if we will see him play for the first team this season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #6: Jun 27, 2019 12:48:45 pm
      Damn, that is actually quite impressive for a 17 year old. I wonder if we will see him play for the first team this season.

I’d put money on it if I were a gambling fella.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #7: Jun 27, 2019 02:55:17 pm
      I am excited to see this young lad play his first minutes for us in pre-season.

All the talk around him sure got me hopefull that he'll develop into a good player for us but I'm excited to see and judge for myself.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #8: Jun 27, 2019 03:10:41 pm
      A good signing and better value for money than De Ligt
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: Jun 27, 2019 03:23:00 pm
      I’d put money on it if I were a gambling fella.

Perhaps even becoming 4th choice if Lovren leaves...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #10: Jun 27, 2019 03:31:51 pm
      Will he be in the first team squad in the preseason? Somewhere it said he starts with the Academy. Just wondering where he is seen in the depth chart vs. Hoever or Phillips.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Jun 27, 2019 10:50:11 pm
      Did any of the so called experts predict this signing,I am loving the way our club does it's transfer business.
                                                  Welcome to the best club in the world Sepp and I hope you have a long and successfull career here.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #12: Jun 27, 2019 11:36:11 pm
      It just makes so much sense for him to come here, best team in the world and the best defender, who is also Dutch, is here, it’s the perfect environment for him to grow.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #13: Jun 28, 2019 01:02:37 pm
      Good signing, apparently beat off interest from Bayern and Barfa (sorry, Barca).

From what I’ve read he’s not a. Academy signing, they see him possibly going into the first team sooner than later (ala Gomez).

Your sources?  :lmao:

He is a 17 year old kid. We have four senior centre backs already ahead of him and doubt he is already ahead of Hoever at this stage or Phillips even.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14: Jun 28, 2019 01:19:41 pm

He is a 17 year old kid. We have four senior centre backs already ahead of him and doubt he is already ahead of Hoever at this stage or Phillips even.

Reported in several outlets, with a couple of direct quotes.
      Apparently, the club see him as being on a par, or slightly ahead of Gomez was when he arrived.

Straight into first team training, but also part of the development squad.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #15: Jun 28, 2019 01:23:39 pm
      Media reporting that upon learning that we'd bid and were in talks with the kid, Bayern called Zwolle and Sepp himself to try and hijack the deal. Bodes well for him that he was so sought after, and good on him for making the right decision!

15 odd first team appearances in a big European league at 17 is impressive, looking forward to watching his development.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16: Jun 28, 2019 01:45:17 pm
      He will need Klopperising and then we will see how good he is but another player who could be here for 10 years or more we are building the future so well
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #17: Jun 28, 2019 01:48:07 pm
      https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/desperate-calls-at-the-medical-bayern-tried-to-stop-van-den-berg-liverpool-deal/view/news/339303

Bayern had tried to convince PEC Zwolle’s van den Berg of a change to the Säbener road. On Wednesday, officials for the Bavarian club had a series of increasingly desperate phone calls with the player’s management in an attempt to stop his transfer to Liverpool.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18: Jun 28, 2019 02:02:21 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #19: Jun 28, 2019 02:11:10 pm

Verified account
      @MelissaReddy_
      The Sepp van den Berg deal will be formally completed on July 1. Given his age, developing the player will be #LFC’s objective, but he hasn’t been signed for the Academy. He is highly regarded and is expected to progress to the first team quickly

I highlighted the appropriate part for you, just in case you weren't able to pick it out. ;)
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #20: Jun 28, 2019 02:34:48 pm
      I think we should get revenge and unsettle Coman!
      FC Hollywood isn't used to competition so it would be magical to see them lose Coman while they're already short on wingers
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #21: Jul 01, 2019 05:33:10 pm
      Welcome to the club. Work hard and you will earn your chance too.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #22: Dec 20, 2019 09:49:22 am
      Happy 18th kiddo, best of luck.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #23: Dec 20, 2019 10:40:08 am
      Happy 18th kiddo, best of luck.

Happy birthday to him but in all honesty do any of you guys see this kid making it with us? He seems very average in the games I've seen, but he is still young.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #24: Dec 20, 2019 10:58:44 am
      Happy birthday to him but in all honesty do any of you guys see this kid making it with us? He seems very average in the games I've seen, but he is still young.
      Dont know what to think, still to early days, need more time in his legs before any of us could predict his future.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25: Dec 20, 2019 02:23:03 pm
      Dont know what to think, still to early days, need more time in his legs before any of us could predict his future.

yes but if you compare him to Hoever for example then the ability and reading of the game is miles apart, Hoever almost looks ready to play for the senior team but Sepp would scare the sh*t out of me if he lined up in the senior team.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #26: Dec 20, 2019 05:52:14 pm
      yes but if you compare him to Hoever for example then the ability and reading of the game is miles apart, Hoever almost looks ready to play for the senior team but Sepp would scare the sh*t out of me if he lined up in the senior team.

However also looks blessed with some superior physical traits, he’s quicker and more nimble/agile by the looks of it.  Den Berg is still so early in his LFC career so it’s best to evaluate a season or so down the line.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27: Dec 20, 2019 05:56:46 pm
      Are people really knocking an 18 year old kid, who played against players who are vastly more experienced and physically developed?

Anything for a whinge I suppose.

Let's face it, the kids got thrown to the wolves, through no fault of their own, or the club.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #28: Dec 20, 2019 06:37:26 pm
      Prepared to give the dutch national set up and our coaching network the benefit of the doubt for a while.
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #29: Dec 20, 2019 07:41:06 pm
      Are people really knocking an 18 year old kid, who played against players who are vastly more experienced and physically developed?

Anything for a whinge I suppose.

Let's face it, the kids got thrown to the wolves, through no fault of their own, or the club.

Nothing to do with Physicality, no one is expecting to match that  it's about positioning and awareness and at the moment the jury is out .
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #30: Dec 20, 2019 07:53:50 pm
      Not based on the villa game but he seems for a cb timid as F**k,dunno if it's a language issue or if he's not settled in,confidance but something's not right with the way he's playing.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31: Dec 20, 2019 10:06:46 pm
      Nothing to do with Physicality, no one is expecting to match that  it's about positioning and awareness and at the moment the jury is out .

Not based on the villa game but he seems for a cb timid as F**k,dunno if it's a language issue or if he's not settled in,confidance but something's not right with the way he's playing.

oh have a day off you daft sods.

He's a kid playing in a team of kids against a premier league team.

ffs.
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #32: Dec 20, 2019 10:28:35 pm

ffs.

Who is basing judgements solely based on playing against Villa because I ain't.  So thank you very much for your insight but I think I will judge a player based on what I have seen and what I have seen is not great and I stick by that hopefully it improves but I am usually pretty good at working a players ability out
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33: Dec 21, 2019 02:51:11 am
      Who is basing judgements solely based on playing against Villa because I ain't.  So thank you very much for your insight but I think I will judge a player based on what I have seen and what I have seen is not great and I stick by that hopefully it improves but I am usually pretty good at working a players ability out

Seeing CB's generally start really progressing between 26-28 i think i will give him 8-10 more years to judge him, he's still growing into his body; and figure our scouts figured his ability with that in mind.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #34: Dec 21, 2019 06:11:02 am
      Relax boys, this kid is going to become a solid player, if nothing he got his countryman to mentor him, everything is under control. ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35: Dec 21, 2019 12:11:02 pm
      His biggest problem from the little we’ve seen of him so far is he doesn’t think ahead, his anticipation isn’t there. Obviously physically he has a lot of work to do but that’s natural for a lot of players so that’s not something to worry about. Some players are able to handle themselves physically at that age but the majority aren’t.
      But, I think his reading of the game should be better than what it currently is, that’s my main concern with him. But look, it’s been difficult circumstances we’ve seen him in so far, so it’s not fair to write him off yet. It’s the start of his career so in the environment he’s now in, he’s only going to get better.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #36: Dec 21, 2019 03:56:44 pm

ffs.

I said not based on the Villa game but we paid money for him and he's played in the dutch league so yep hold him to higher standard then the likes of Remi Savage,who i think is a better player at the moment and Billy Koumetico in the u-18's.If we can't talk about players cos they're young than lock all the F***ing threads related to that and we can talk sh*te about Sakho instead.
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #37: Dec 21, 2019 04:02:23 pm
      Seeing CB's generally start really progressing between 26-28 i think i will give him 8-10 more years to judge him, he's still growing into his body; and figure our scouts figured his ability with that in mind.

Oh get it now let's wait for 8-10 yrs before we work out if he is good enough 👍 Think I might give this gig a go sounds cool
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38: Dec 21, 2019 04:17:33 pm
      Just look at how old Virgil was before he was acknowledged as a top defender its a very difficult position to master
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39: Dec 21, 2019 04:25:01 pm

I said not based on the Villa game but we paid money for him and he's played in the dutch league so yep hold him to higher standard then the likes of Remi Savage,who i think is a better player at the moment and Billy Koumetico in the u-18's.If we can't talk about players cos they're young than lock all the F***ing threads related to that and we can talk sh*te about Sakho instead.

18, been at the club 6 months, and you think you can "judge" him.   :lmao:

Like I said, have a day off you daft sod.

He's not long turned pro, and is not even finished growing.

This is the time to look at the foundations that are there, then build on them and improve area's that need working on.

You can talk about any player you want, just as I can piss myself laughing at the utter stupidity of someone trying to "judge" a lad who has barely had time to understand our systems, let alone anything else.

F**k me, much older players than this lad were given loads of time to understand our systems, and what was required of them, including Robertson and Fabinho, and you want to start picking apart a young lad, away from his home, who has only been here 6 months and hasn't even bedded in yet.

The mind F***ing boggles.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #40: Dec 21, 2019 04:39:40 pm
      Not F***ing judging, F***ing using an internet forum,Seen your previous form on here mate so i'm out of this.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41: Dec 21, 2019 04:57:29 pm
      Not F***ing judging, F***ing using an internet forum,Seen your previous form on here mate so i'm out of this.

Got it.
      You can have an opinion, but I can't  :roll:

Every kid of 18 is going to have weaknesses.
      Picking them out is not edgy, it's lazy.

You look at his attributes, the foundations he has to build on, how he progresses through the levels, not some half arsed sh*t about being "unsure" or whatever when he's been here 6 months.

Six F***ing months.
      I remember reading on here, when Roberston was being "Klopp'd" what a waste of money it had been, then the same people whinging about why Fabinho wasn't straight into the 1st team.
      6 months isn't even enough time for him to learn our systems.

The kid will have weaknesses.
      So what.
      That's what coaching is for.
      He's been bought for the future; it's that simple.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #42: Feb 08, 2020 12:22:36 am
      Good solid performance against Shrewsbury.  A massive improvement from his first few performance the kid is on the right track.  The way he winning headers after headers reminded me of another Dutch player!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43: Feb 08, 2020 11:33:14 am
      Good solid performance against Shrewsbury.  A massive improvement from his first few performance the kid is on the right track.  The way he winning headers after headers reminded me of another Dutch player!

Are we allowed to judge him on his improvement, don't want to incur the wrath of SWAB! ;-)

In all seriousness he is showing good signs of progress.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #44: Feb 08, 2020 12:29:52 pm
      He has some very good CB's to learn from and he is a baby in terms of age for that position don't think we will see him in contention for a while yet .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45: Feb 09, 2020 01:36:17 pm
      It probably helps him that the pitches have been shrunk and he only has to defend the 16 yard box.  ;)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #46: Feb 01, 2021 08:31:42 pm
      He is confirmed as being loaned to Preston. Work hard Sepp.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #47: Feb 01, 2021 09:12:00 pm
      I’m actually really intrigued how he gets on, I was very excited when we got him but unfortunately we haven’t seen much, even in the cups.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #48: Feb 01, 2021 09:26:48 pm
      Great move for the boy. Best of luck to him
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #49: Nov 20, 2021 05:25:26 pm
      It seems he's been deployed mostly as a right back for Preston. He's never been the quickest, so it's a bit of a strange one...
      I don't think he will have a future with us in that position, but it can be good for his overall development.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #50: Nov 21, 2021 02:13:12 pm
      It seems he's been deployed mostly as a right back for Preston. He's never been the quickest, so it's a bit of a strange one...
      I don't think he will have a future with us in that position, but it can be good for his overall development.
      Yeah, I wonder what's up with that. He did play the last 4 games as a center-back according to Transfermarkt  (in a 3 men backline) but it's mostly been RWB this season as well as last season.

I guess it can't really do him any bad in terms of becoming better with the ball at his feet as well as passing the ball but I also guess there is some things beyond my understanding that are going on in terms of our staff's vision for him
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #51: Nov 29, 2021 06:56:27 pm
      Yeah, I wonder what's up with that. He did play the last 4 games as a center-back according to Transfermarkt  (in a 3 men backline) but it's mostly been RWB this season as well as last season.

I guess it can't really do him any bad in terms of becoming better with the ball at his feet as well as passing the ball but I also guess there is some things beyond my understanding that are going on in terms of our staff's vision for him

Could be as simple as he isn't bulky enough to be a CB (YET), especially in a physical league like the championship.
      He has the ability to play the games but maybe the coaches see it as a weakness that he hasn't fully physically developed yet. Similar to Joe Gomez' development
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #52: Nov 29, 2021 11:33:53 pm
      Could be as simple as he isn't bulky enough to be a CB (YET), especially in a physical league like the championship.
      He has the ability to play the games but maybe the coaches see it as a weakness that he hasn't fully physically developed yet. Similar to Joe Gomez' development

Could be, but that's usually something you'd do with the ressies. It's a little bit strange to take a player on loan, and then play him out of position...
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #53: Mar 19, 2022 02:31:42 pm
      Anybody watches the Championship and could give us an update on this kid? If I remember correctly I liked his performance when he played against us in the League Cup back in October.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #54: Mar 20, 2022 12:53:46 pm
      Anybody watches the Championship and could give us an update on this kid? If I remember correctly I liked his performance when he played against us in the League Cup back in October.

Reports are he has done well and is a bit of a fan favourite.
      I always thought he was a bit slow tbh. Especially with our high line.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #55: Mar 20, 2022 01:47:31 pm
      Not sure he'll become part of our set up in the long run but he has done well, so we at least will get a tidy profit on him.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Re: Sepp van den Berg Player Thread (D)
      Reply #56: Aug 19, 2022 01:52:52 pm
      I wish we saw more of him during preseason, but I thought he did well for the little cameo he had and overall he's done well with the loan opportunities he was given since joining us. I think he has the potential to be part of the squad in the future. What I like about him is that when I see him playing I feel like he has lots of qualities for a CB. Good passes, decent speed, physical, reads the game defensively pretty well, etc. Unfortunately for him our injury crisis is keeping him at the club, but he's also not getting minutes.

I hope Gomez and Matip both make it back soon so we can send him on loan because, right now, other than training with the likes of VVD, Matip and Gomez, he's not really getting valuable minutes of play. I'd love to see him loaned out to a PL side or if minutes can't be guaranteed this way then to another Championship side.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Sepp van den Berg Player Thread (on loan FC Schalke 04) (D)
      Reply #57: Aug 31, 2022 01:16:02 pm
      Gone on loan to FC Schalke 04 for the season after signing new contract.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,996 posts | 3423 
      Reply #58: Aug 31, 2022 01:18:25 pm
      Gone on loan to FC Schalke 04 for the season after signing new contract.

Step up from Preston - after this he will either show he is good enough or Schalke will pay a decent fee for him
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #59: Oct 02, 2022 08:07:40 pm
      Pretty brutal looking injury tonight against Augsburg. Hopefully its not too bad. It's a shame because he was having a pretty good loan so far since joining them (based on the videos I've watched of his minutes in those games.)

Get well soon Sepp.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #60: Oct 02, 2022 08:41:55 pm
      Pretty brutal looking injury tonight against Augsburg. Hopefully its not too bad. It's a shame because he was having a pretty good loan so far since joining them (based on the videos I've watched of his minutes in those games.)

Get well soon Sepp.

Just saw it. Wish I hadn't... It looks really bad.
      Hopefully, he'll make a full (and speedy) recovery.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #61: Oct 03, 2022 10:31:25 pm
      As expected, no good news for the young lad. Out at least until the end of the year with serious ligament damage.  :(
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 258 
      Reply #62: Oct 04, 2022 01:24:09 am
      Get well soon Sepp.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #63: Oct 11, 2022 02:09:09 pm
      He is ruled out for the rest of this year having had surgery on his ankle. Expected to make a comeback after the WC. Hopefully whoever is the coach by then at Schalke gives him a chance because he was doing well before the injury. I think Van den Berg is one of our brightest young talents.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #64: Oct 11, 2022 02:11:37 pm
      He is ruled out for the rest of this year having had surgery on his ankle. Expected to make a comeback after the WC. Hopefully whoever is the coach by then at Schalke gives him a chance because he was doing well before the injury. I think Van den Berg is one of our brightest young talents.

players even getting injured at other clubs. l o l
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 64 
      Reply #65: Jul 13, 2023 07:56:11 pm
      Sepp van den Berg continues to play in the Bundesliga after leaving FC Schalke 04 on loan and is moving to 1. FSV Mainz 05. In addition, "possibilities for longer cooperation" were defined.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/fix-van-den-berg-zieht-weiter-zu-mainz-05-ndash-nachste-leihe-vom-fc-liverpool/view/news/424850
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Re: Sepp van den Berg Player Thread (Loan to Mainz 05) (D)
      Reply #66: Feb 13, 2024 06:52:47 pm
      Did not know that, but Mainz apparently have an option to buy at the end of the loan (not sure if there is conditions attacked to that clause). Apparently, he's been very good for them (unfortunately for them, they suck and will still be relegated).

I wouldn't mind having another Quansah in the team in VDG come this time next year.
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 64 
      Reply #67: Mar 02, 2024 10:00:30 am
      """Liverpool loanee Sepp van den Berg has long since developed into a leading player in the three-man chain of FSV Mainz 05, which is threatened with relegation: apart from a yellow card suspension on matchday 12, the 22-year-old Dutchman played all games in the current season and was only not counted twice in the initial phase to the starting eleven for Rheinhessen. According to information from “Kicker”, the Bundesliga club has a right of first refusal on the 1.92 meter tall defensive giant - but the possible financing is shaky.

“He is a leader and the boss in the middle. He's getting better and better," Mainz coach Bo Henriksen recently praised his protégé, who was nominated for the team of the match day by TM users for his performance last week and in the 2-1 defeat was one of the best players in the FSV jersey against league leaders Leverkusen. Whether the Zwolle homegrown player, whose contract at Anfield runs until 2026, could have a future in Mainz beyond the summer will largely depend on the sporting performance of the Bundesliga second-to-last team and the corresponding financial possibilities."""

https://www.transfermarkt.de/-kicker-quot-mainz-besitzt-vorkaufsrecht-fur-van-den-berg-finanzierung-wackelt/view/news/434316
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 824 posts | 157 
      Reply #68: Apr 06, 2024 11:13:06 pm
      https://twitter.com/keepachris/status/1776355892838953356

Now 27 games after he featured the whole game in Mainz's 4-0 win against Darmstadt. Very impressive season, keeps this up and he could prove to be a decent option for us next season.

Quick Reply