Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Preseason friendlies in England, America

Read 48816 times
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Re: Preseason squad for friendlies in England, America.
      Reply #46: Jul 14, 2019 06:42:30 pm
      3-0 up at the break, 2 from Milly and 1 from Brewster.

Lallana stunk the place out, completely ineffective again and kept getting tackled trying to do drag backs.
      Clyne not much better, made an attempt to tackle in the last few seconds but was about a yard away from the player so just fell on the ground.
      2 players I’d happily see us sell on, be better than losing them on a free next year.

Kent looking bright and Wilson grew into the half. Some nice bits of 1 and 2 touch play.

Lallana Stays...
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #47: Jul 14, 2019 06:46:27 pm
      Well it was a tap in on a rebound but gotta be there to score them. To be honest, aside from that he was pretty quiet, couple bits of link up play with Wilson and won the ball back a couple times

The boy is good. He can score, that we know... but Linking up and winning back a ball - those are the ingredients that will make him exceptional
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #48: Jul 14, 2019 09:37:32 pm
      First half was alright but the main takeaway from this match is that Jürgen is working the boys like dogs. Some heavy legs on display after the first 20 minutes and especially in the 2nd half.

Milner, Brewster and Ryan Kent played pretty well in the 1st half. In the 2nd half Fabinho did alright and Liam Miller had some decent touches. Curtis Jones was fairly good as well, but overall it was tired. I'm glad they were able to raise so much money. That made it worthwhile.

Klopp said it best about the final 45 minutes:

“Second half we never really could get the rhythm so it was a bit boring to be honest. If you are not creative on a specific day then you have to use the simple solutions and you need to still be direct but we passed it around, which was a waste of time."
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2019 09:52:15 pm by Robby The Z »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #49: Jul 14, 2019 09:40:08 pm

the only thing Brewster needs to do is score goals and lots of them I remember Owen at 17 went to watch him and I thought whats all the fuss about then bang bang two goals and I thought ah yes now I get it and this lad is going to be every bit as good if not better.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Jul 15, 2019 02:37:02 pm
      Colombian left back Anderson Arroyo was due to travel to America but is out six weeks with an injury. Horrible timing for the youngster who needs a loan move
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #51: Jul 15, 2019 10:15:13 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #52: Jul 15, 2019 10:25:03 pm
      Our traveling squad for the American matches:

GK: Simon Mignolet, Jakub Ojrzynski, Daniel Atherton

D: Nathanael Clyne, Virgil Van Dijk,  Dejan Lovren,  Joe Gomez,  Andy Robertson,  Joel Matip,  Adam Lewis, Nat Phillips,  Kijana Hoever,  Yassir Larouci, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Sepp Van den Berg

M: Fabinho,  Gini Wijnaldum, James Milner, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana, Curtis Jones, Ben Woodburn 

F: Rhian Brewster, Ryan Kent, Divock Origi, Bobby Duncan, Harry Wilson.

So nobody really cut unless you count Liam Millar who filled in at forward after Glatzel was injured. A young goalkeeper added along with Hendo and Gini in midfield. Trent, Virgil, Andy and Sepp Van Den Berg in the back (12 defenders!) and that's the group, with Shaq and Naby not fit enough to make the trip.

Just seeing now that Kamil Grabara signed a new contract and will be loaned all season at Huddersfield. The staff must really like him.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #53: Jul 16, 2019 03:59:29 am
      i like how basically everything is in place for the second string forwards to get better. Brewster, Kent, Wilson, Duncan and even Origi can get better and have basically a full strength team feeding them - great preparation for the season!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Jul 16, 2019 09:43:03 am
      With so many senior players missing from the preseason squad its an excellent opportunity for the youngsters to prove their worth but I am slightly concerned that we'll be going into the new season with a lot of our main players not match fit, perhaps we'll be relying on some of these youngsters in the first few weeks.

Makes me much less confident about the community shield and super cup but I guess Citeh and Chelsea will be in the same boat.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #55: Jul 16, 2019 09:57:52 am
      With so many senior players missing from the preseason squad its an excellent opportunity for the youngsters to prove their worth but I am slightly concerned that we'll be going into the new season with a lot of our main players not match fit, perhaps we'll be relying on some of these youngsters in the first few weeks.

Makes me much less confident about the community shield and super cup but I guess Citeh and Chelsea will be in the same boat.

Not that bad mate... there's enough experience in defence and midfield. Ali will probably not take too long to regain match fitness. Goalie don't need to run as much.

So it's only the front three... I'd say it's perfect for Rhian, Harry, Divock, Bobby and the rest. If they don't play they'll never gain first team experience. This is the time. Aside from Divock who is already a legend, one of them is potentially a Robbo or Trent in the making. We just need to give them the opportunity.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #56: Jul 16, 2019 11:27:05 am
      Not that bad mate... there's enough experience in defence and midfield. Ali will probably not take too long to regain match fitness. Goalie don't need to run as much.

So it's only the front three... I'd say it's perfect for Rhian, Harry, Divock, Bobby and the rest. If they don't play they'll never gain first team experience. This is the time. Aside from Divock who is already a legend, one of them is potentially a Robbo or Trent in the making. We just need to give them the opportunity.

Bobby Duncan is definitely the longer term project of this group and probably the least likely of them to feature with the first team in competitive matches this season, but it is a great experience for him at a young age to get this development opportunity. Very interested to see how Harry, Ryan and Rhian fare as the competition ramps up in these coming matches.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #57: Jul 18, 2019 04:58:20 pm
      Bobby Duncan is definitely the longer term project of this group and probably the least likely of them to feature with the first team in competitive matches this season, but it is a great experience for him at a young age to get this development opportunity. Very interested to see how Harry, Ryan and Rhian fare as the competition ramps up in these coming matches.

Tbh watched that Goal Rush of all the u-18 goals last season and Duncan looks like he'll be one hell of a goalscorer.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #58: Jul 19, 2019 02:05:05 pm
      Watching the 11v11 exercise in the open training yesterday, I wonder if it reflects the teams we will see tonight (in separate 45s).

One group was Mignolet, Clyne, Gomez, Matip, Larouci, Fabinho, Milner, Lallana, Duncan, Brewster and Woodburn (at forward, not midfield).

The other was GK, Trent, Lovren, Virgil, Robbo, Hendo, Gini, Ox, Kent, Origi, Wilson.

That left out Phillips, Van Den berg, Lewis and Curtis Jones.

Might be totally different tonight, but it might be a hint at what we'll see.
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2019 02:59:38 pm by Robby The Z »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #59: Jul 19, 2019 02:37:52 pm
      Tbh watched that Goal Rush of all the u-18 goals last season and Duncan looks like he'll be one hell of a goalscorer.

he does have a "certain" look about him that suggests he isn't going to phased by anything put before him. We have a glut od cracking young players coming through and a Manager who knows just when to use them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #60: Jul 19, 2019 03:01:13 pm
      he does have a "certain" look about him that suggests he isn't going to phased by anything put before him. We have a glut od cracking young players coming through and a Manager who knows just when to use them.
      in that training game yesterday he was struggling a bit tbh, but this will be great for him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #61: Jul 19, 2019 03:19:56 pm
      in that training game yesterday he was struggling a bit tbh, but this will be great for him.

I suspect its a bit of a culture shock playing with the big boys but he has plenty of time to develop. Just look how much young Rhian has developed in the last 12 months he looks solid now.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #62: Jul 19, 2019 03:35:00 pm
      Anyone know if the Dortmund game is on the TV?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #63: Jul 19, 2019 05:01:40 pm
      Anyone know if the Dortmund game is on the TV?

LFC tv Go
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #64: Jul 19, 2019 05:23:46 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #65: Jul 19, 2019 10:44:20 pm
      Hey after all my crying poor I made it here. Several thousand Reds already here listening to Ian Rush and Patrick Berger outside the stadium it is wicked hot but no bother (I don't have to play!)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #66: Jul 19, 2019 11:49:15 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #67: Jul 20, 2019 12:04:26 am
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #68: Jul 20, 2019 01:03:15 am
      This the in game shitetalk thread? pre season on tnt,what a world we live in today!

Quick Reply