Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Preseason friendlies in England, America

Read 48801 times
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Re: Preseason squad for friendlies in England, America.
      Reply #207: Jul 22, 2019 01:20:24 am

Horrible! It's a F***ing friendly.. I hope the lad is OK.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #208: Jul 22, 2019 02:04:30 am
      Horrible! It's a f**king friendly.. I hope the lad is OK.

Klopp says although it is early, the doctor told him it looks like Larouci was lucky and not too seriously injured. Hopeful after this bit of information.

EDIT: Klopp says Harry Wilson (1st half Karate chop victim) also appears to be alright.

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2019 02:13:32 am by Robby The Z »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #209: Jul 22, 2019 06:41:21 am
      Yeah let's swerve Sevilla next time. F***ing hell.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #210: Jul 22, 2019 07:37:40 am
      Hope that's the last time we play those thugs again in a "friendly".
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #211: Jul 22, 2019 08:03:17 am
      Hope that's the last time we play those thugs again in a "friendly".

If they can't behave in a friendly then there is no point ever playing them again unless its to knock them out of a competition if they ever manage to make it into the CL!
      Absolute shithouse of a club, filthy tackles all game.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #212: Jul 22, 2019 09:13:31 am
      It looks like the bas**rds must of had lessons from Real Madrid.IT'S  about time the likes of FIFA and EUFA earned their money and fined these thugs amounts that will really hurt them.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #213: Jul 22, 2019 09:43:20 am
      The c**t even had the nerve to argue after booting Larouci into orbit.
      F***ing disgrace.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #214: Jul 22, 2019 10:19:06 am
      Sevilla have become something of a thorn in Liverpool's side.  Bit of a weird, and random, European rivalry to develop.

Hope the lads okay - was a stupid kick from their lad.  The heat seemed to get to the whole of the Sevilla side.

Bit of a punishing start to this American tour.  Big country and two kick off times within 46 hours of each other in two different cities - just seems to me like the PR machine etc is taking too big a priority in all this.

I don't think the players should be getting dragged around and thrown on to effectively non-football pitches in such a short space of time.  Lucky that we've had no other type of injuries.  I'll be surprised if the players are getting any kind of serious enjoyment out of this - comes across a bit like a travelling circus troupe.

Anyway, its done now.  At least there is a bit of a gap before the next game now on Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Can't give any attention to results if I'm honest when we have Andy Lonergan in goal for one half and Simon Mignolet for the other.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #215: Jul 22, 2019 11:15:07 am
      Sevilla have become something of a thorn in Liverpool's side.  Bit of a weird, and random, European rivalry to develop.

Hope the lads okay - was a stupid kick from their lad.  The heat seemed to get to the whole of the Sevilla side.

Bit of a punishing start to this American tour.  Big country and two kick off times within 46 hours of each other in two different cities - just seems to me like the PR machine etc is taking too big a priority in all this.

I don't think the players should be getting dragged around and thrown on to effectively non-football pitches in such a short space of time.  Lucky that we've had no other type of injuries.  I'll be surprised if the players are getting any kind of serious enjoyment out of this - comes across a bit like a travelling circus troupe.

Anyway, its done now.  At least there is a bit of a gap before the next game now on Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Can't give any attention to results if I'm honest when we have Andy Lonergan in goal for one half and Simon Mignolet for the other.

yet if it wasn't for those 2 goalies the scoreline could have been a lot more embarassing
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #216: Jul 22, 2019 12:00:40 pm
      All these things are at the end of the day is fitness and PR exercises. I've never cared when we win and I dont care if we lose them.

I like my little summer break from football to concentrate on Cricket and Super League for a while.

At the end of the day it's stupid for that Sevilla bloke to do that. Injured one of our kids and in the long run it will hit Sevilla in the pocket when we no longer have any dealings with them outside of proper competition.

All I care about from these games is we get players up to speed and come out injury free.

To suffer a tackle like that really does take the piss.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Preseason friendlies in England, America
      Reply #217: Jul 22, 2019 03:30:29 pm
      notice their bigger fouls were on the younger players, not got the bottle to try these fouls on Virgil, Hendo or Milner.
      Then Gnagnon hiding behind an advertisement board.

Don’t know what their problem was but they were riled from the first minute.

A little bit higher up on the knee and that could have been Larouci’ career over before it’s even started.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #218: Jul 22, 2019 08:44:08 pm
      notice their bigger fouls were on the younger players, not got the bottle to try these fouls on Virgil, Hendo or Milner.
      Then Gnagnon hiding behind an advertisement board.

Don’t know what their problem was but they were riled from the first minute.

A little bit higher up on the knee and that could have been Larouci’ career over before it’s even started.

Thinking that myself, thankfully looks like he'll be ok, the tw*t needs a lengthy ban and as for the apology, didn't sound to sincere to me, shame Virgil didn't launch him into orbit.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #219: Jul 22, 2019 08:48:25 pm
      Thinking that myself, thankfully looks like he'll be ok, the tw*t needs a lengthy ban and as for the apology, didn't sound to sincere to me, shame Virgil didn't launch him into orbit.

Have you seen the video of full time? He doesn’t actually stand up and move closer to the boarding until Virgil has walked away. He was definitely shitting it when it came to someone bigger than him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #220: Jul 22, 2019 10:15:40 pm
      they started on Harry Wilson early on he took a few really bad challenges including an elbow to the face which the Ref indicated he saw but did nothing about. Nasty game that for a friendly I hope we never give them the chance again but one day they will come to Anfield and we have long memories
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #221: Jul 22, 2019 10:30:58 pm
      Have you seen the video of full time? He doesn’t actually stand up and move closer to the boarding until Virgil has walked away. He was definitely shitting it when it came to someone bigger than him.

Nope I haven't, going by what I've read he sounds like a bully who met his match ;D, You don't mess with Virgil.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #222: Jul 22, 2019 10:32:00 pm
      they started on Harry Wilson early on he took a few really bad challenges including an elbow to the face which the Ref indicated he saw but did nothing about. Nasty game that for a friendly I hope we never give them the chance again but one day they will come to Anfield and we have long memories

It’s shocking how the ref felt it was right to book Banega for descent but didn’t feel a deliberate elbow to the face was worthy of a booking...at the 2nd attempt the elbow was too I might add because he tried with his right arm at first but missed.

I know they tend to let stuff go in pre season but let the descent go, not a deliberate elbow that clearly left the player in a lot of pain.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #223: Jul 23, 2019 03:12:16 am
      Sadio back August 5, meaning he only takes a two-week break. I know he's very important to us, but two weeks off after 13 months of training and playing seems....risky.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #224: Jul 23, 2019 07:14:49 am
      Sadio back August 5, meaning he only takes a two-week break. I know he's very important to us, but two weeks off after 13 months of training and playing seems....risky.

Oh well - he’s gets to retire at 35/36 so might as well get back on the wagon and win us some games!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #225: Jul 23, 2019 08:50:15 am
      Oh well - he’s gets to retire at 35/36 so might as well get back on the wagon and win us some games!

He looks like one of those people that is naturally extremely fit but mentally he must be exhausted by football.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #226: Jul 23, 2019 09:28:28 am

Not a problem assuming we had someone to rotate into his place throughout the season ;-)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #227: Jul 23, 2019 01:51:38 pm
      Not a problem assuming we had someone to rotate into his place throughout the season ;-)

If it's goals you like, there's Divock Origi and Rhian Brewster. ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #228: Jul 23, 2019 03:17:58 pm
      If it's goals you like, there's Divock Origi and Rhian Brewster. ;-)

I really hope you are right about those two, but I have my doubts, firstly Origi has never quite got to the level of our standard front three and I'm not convinced he ever will and Brewster is completely untested, he might be good he might be average, like Origi.
      Why take the risk, just get another top notch striker in who we can rotate across the front three, where is the downside in doing that?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #229: Jul 23, 2019 04:03:04 pm
      I really hope you are right about those two, but I have my doubts, firstly Origi has never quite got to the level of our standard front three and I'm not convinced he ever will and Brewster is completely untested, he might be good he might be average, like Origi.
      Why take the risk, just get another top notch striker in who we can rotate across the front three, where is the downside in doing that?

I think you forget how well Origi did before his injury . His style isn't as spectacular as all the jailbreak goals from Bobby, Mo and Sadio,  but like I said, if you like seeing the ball go to the back of the net, he is a good option.

Quick Reply