Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

July 2019: News Stories

Read 340 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      July 2019: News Stories
      Jul 01, 2019 02:30:45 pm
      Tory policies of greed over need promoted by the two candidates in the Tory leadership election will cause continued damage to Social liberalism in the UK. Current Tory policies of starving people into employment regardless of disability. Underfunding social care. Blocking justice to the poor by savage cuts to legal aid.These and many more far right policies have caused disharmony, misery and poverty to millions.

Social liberalism in the sense that it bring social justice,protection and harmony to the minorities, poor and disadvantaged. Taken in that sense there is little doubt that Tory policies have caused damage to social liberalism and if the Tories get another 5 years the concept of social liberalism will be dead.

May be Putin had a point.
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2019 10:34:21 pm by RedPuppy »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Re: July News Stories
      Reply #1: Jul 01, 2019 03:52:15 pm
      Tory policies of greed over need promoted by the two candidates in the Tory leadership election will cause continued damage to Social liberalism in the UK. Current Tory policies of starving people into employment regardless of disability. Underfunding social care. Blocking justice to the poor by savage cuts to legal aid.These and many more far right policies have caused disharmony, misery and poverty to millions.

Social liberalism in the sense that it bring social justice,protection and harmony to the minorities, poor and disadvantaged. Taken in that sense there is little doubt that Tory policies have caused damage to social liberalism and if the Tories get another 5 years the concept of social liberalism will be dead.

May be Putin had a point.

No worries, the Tories are in self-destruct  mode.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,502 posts | 1396 
      Re: July News Stories
      Reply #2: Jul 02, 2019 02:30:06 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Re: July 2019: News Stories
      Reply #3: Jul 03, 2019 05:25:46 pm
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,219 posts | 1173 
      Reply #4: Jul 03, 2019 11:18:00 pm
      Apparently the Amazon rainforest is losing an area the size of a football pitch every second since Jair Bolsonaro got into power there.

Absolute madness and the whole world will suffer the future impacts on the environment.

But rather than complaining, these wealthy western nations need to actually engage and provide incentives to not be cutting down the rainforest, because where there’s money to be made someone will always do it and that’s what’s happening now with the deforestation there.

Find it incredibly depressing about what way the world is going.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2019 10:47:41 am
      Apparently the Amazon rainforest is losing an area the size of a football pitch every second since Jair Bolsonaro got into power there.

Absolute madness and the whole world will suffer the future impacts on the environment.

But rather than complaining, these wealthy western nations need to actually engage and provide incentives to not be cutting down the rainforest, because where there’s money to be made someone will always do it and that’s what’s happening now with the deforestation there.

Find it incredibly depressing about what way the world is going.

What is depressing is the fact that the "wealthy nations" are involved directly or otherwise in destroying the rain forests and any efforts to halt the process is purely cosmetic.
      As an example if one of the multinational companies involved directly or otherwise in the destruction of the rain forest were a financial backer of the Tory party how much would that affect that party's determination to eradicate this environmental catastrophe?

From the logging companies to the rulers of that country and all the Western governments involved there is a common factor - financial gain.
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,219 posts | 1173 
      Reply #6: Jul 04, 2019 07:00:38 pm
      What is depressing is the fact that the "wealthy nations" are involved directly or otherwise in destroying the rain forests and any efforts to halt the process is purely cosmetic.
      As an example if one of the multinational companies involved directly or otherwise in the destruction of the rain forest were a financial backer of the Tory party how much would that affect that party's determination to eradicate this environmental catastrophe?

From the logging companies to the rulers of that country and all the Western governments involved there is a common factor - financial gain.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely agree. Western nations think banning plastic straws will make a difference, whilst taking no action against the likes of the airline industry who still run the majority of their aircraft on inefficient jet engines. And why...because it will cost them money.

It’s all only headed one way unfortunately it seems.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7: Jul 05, 2019 07:09:13 am
      Always been pretty ambivalent to all this proud to be British/english stuff but the behaviour and words by members of the brexit party have made me thoroughly ashamed to share nationality with this xenophobic little cretins
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #8: Jul 05, 2019 03:06:57 pm
      Always been pretty ambivalent to all this proud to be British/english stuff but the behaviour and words by members of the brexit party have made me thoroughly ashamed to share nationality with this xenophobic little cretins

Chuck in the rampant homophobia, sexism (those two witnessed at the last five football games I went to and a reason why I've stopped going) and I've had it with this country. It's too large a minority and far too vocal.

We're a small island and we're making ourselves smaller.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #9: Jul 05, 2019 03:29:07 pm
      Chuck in the rampant homophobia, sexism (those two witnessed at the last five football games I went to and a reason why I've stopped going) and I've had it with this country. It's too large a minority and far too vocal.

We're a small island and we're making ourselves smaller.

Not agreeing or otherwise with comments made about Brexiteers but do not dismiss the idea that opposing factions as in all confrontations, will do anything to discredit the opposition.
      Tories are infamous for the practice of planting miscreants to create a shitstorm from which they ultimately benefit.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #10: Jul 05, 2019 03:37:22 pm
      Not agreeing or otherwise with comments made about Brexiteers but do not dismiss the idea that opposing factions as in all confrontations, will do anything to discredit the opposition.
      Tories are infamous for the practice of planting miscreants to create a shitstorm from which they ultimately benefit.

Well you may not agree, you can't dismiss the observations from multiple sources just because you don't like it.

And why you've brought the Tories into this, it's waffle, pure waffle. Has nothing to do with them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #11: Jul 05, 2019 04:47:17 pm
      Well you may not agree, you can't dismiss the observations from multiple sources just because you don't like it.

And why you've brought the Tories into this, it's waffle, pure waffle. Has nothing to do with them.

Like the waffle about Tories in disguise voting for Corbyn, like the waffle about Tories joining the LibDems to rock the boat etc etc. They are political saboteurs/double agents and all the underhand political chicanery known to exist and some yet to be revealed.
      The waffle and plain lies projected as fact as a result of leaving the EU is astonishing, horror stories compliments of the establishment and of course the Tories.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #12: Jul 06, 2019 12:01:04 am
      This leadership PM race should be the last of it's kind. If any party dumps it's leader mid term, then the law should be it triggers a General Election. Tory MP's might have serveral different motives for dumping May.Obviously most are Brexit related but still the practice stinks.Labour did it in 2007 when Blair resigned Brown became PM after an uncontested election.

In this instance Tory members should not have the right or privilege to choose the next Prime Minister.It's a caricature of democracy. Having a loon like Johnson in the race makes it even more bizarre.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Reply #13: Jul 12, 2019 07:15:13 pm
      https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48969432. jesus f**king christ.try to find some justification for how this sh*t played out,nope,acab.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #14: Jul 17, 2019 01:27:50 am
      Coming up to 50th anniversary of first moon landing.I'm not a "we never went to the moon" conspirator but I have one tiny question.On approach to the lunar surface Armstrong took control as the autopilot overshot the landing by 4 miles.He finally landed the craft with,it was said,less than 15 seconds of fuel left.

My question is how did they then have enough fuel to blast off from the moon and redezvous with Collins in the mother ship?

Does the landing episode have a Holywood Thriller scenario about it.
      « Last Edit: Jul 17, 2019 01:50:38 am by Harrisimo »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #15: Jul 17, 2019 12:03:43 pm
      Coming up to 50th anniversary of first moon landing.I'm not a "we never went to the moon" conspirator but I have one tiny question.On approach to the lunar surface Armstrong took control as the autopilot overshot the landing by 4 miles.He finally landed the craft with,it was said,less than 15 seconds of fuel left.

My question is how did they then have enough fuel to blast off from the moon and redezvous with Collins in the mother ship?

Only half the LEM had to return, it was extremely light (walls made of layers of Mylar), no seats etc and the moon has only 1/6 gravity, and no air resistence, plus gravity drops off faster with distance because the moons mass is only just over 1% of Earths.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #16: Jul 17, 2019 02:19:19 pm

Takes 3 days to get to the moon so they say, what’s taken them so long to get back there?..I find the landings suspect and a propaganda weapon against the Soviets who were the 1st to put a man in space..

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #17: Jul 17, 2019 02:23:38 pm
      Certain section of the Labour Party out for the blood of Corbyn again, they will not settle till Corbyn has been sacrificed..

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #18: Jul 17, 2019 06:01:24 pm
      Certain section of the Labour Party out for the blood of Corbyn again, they will not settle till Corbyn has been sacrificed..

They'll be de-selected before that happens.

That's what all the fuss is about; a lot of them are about to lose their jobs, and new candidates selected.
      Tom Watson included.
      His CLP are about to vote no confidence in him.

That's why Chuka and the rest left, they were going to get the boot.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #19: Jul 17, 2019 09:14:51 pm
      They'll be de-selected before that happens.

That's what all the fuss is about; a lot of them are about to lose their jobs, and new candidates selected.
      Tom Watson included.
      His CLP are about to vote no confidence in him.

That's why Chuka and the rest left, they were going to get the boot.

LFI...

https://twitter.com/tingaling007/status/1123476962649964544?s=21

https://twitter.com/wrightismight/status/1133369260800188416?s=21

No condemnation of remarks but a reminder they are being live-streamed..

🙄
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #20: Jul 17, 2019 09:46:53 pm
      on a positive note some great stuff on celebrating the 50 year anniversary of the Moon Landing. They were incredibly brave men who risked their lives throughout the 60's  they sat on top of that huge firework.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #21: Jul 18, 2019 12:11:08 pm
      Only half the LEM had to return, it was extremely light (walls made of layers of Mylar), no seats etc and the moon has only 1/6 gravity, and no air resistence, plus gravity drops off faster with distance because the moons mass is only just over 1% of Earths.

Thanks for the info.Just learned that the decent engine is seperate to the ascent engine and both had independant fuel tanks. The decent fuel tank had only 30 seconds left and had Armstrong not found a place to land they would have aborted and switched to the ascent engine.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #22: Jul 18, 2019 12:12:48 pm

You don't need to be Jewish or a Labour member to be in Jewish Labur Movement.

It's basically an old orgnisation that was resurrected and hijacked by Blairites to use as a weapon against the leadership.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #23: Jul 18, 2019 12:22:26 pm

The Boris camp think Corbyn is weak, basically because he's been demonised,and they might go for a smash & grab election exploiting Corbyn's percieved weak standing in the polls.

As much as I support Corbyn the right wing press pack have demonised him out of contention.I fear he cannot win because of that. Could be sly arse Johnson could go for an Brexit extention on the back of calling an election. I wouldn't be surprised to see that scenario develop.

Half head Johnson has painted himself into a corner with his "do or die no deal" by October play.Guaranteeing a recession. The early election/hit Corbyn plan might extract him out of a cock up of his own making.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #24: Jul 18, 2019 05:11:17 pm
      The Boris camp think Corbyn is weak, basically because he's been demonised,and they might go for a smash & grab election exploiting Corbyn's percieved weak standing in the polls.

As much as I support Corbyn the right wing press pack have demonised him out of contention.I fear he cannot win because of that. Could be sly arse Johnson could go for an Brexit extention on the back of calling an election. I wouldn't be surprised to see that scenario develop.

Half head Johnson has painted himself into a corner with his "do or die no deal" by October play.Guaranteeing a recession. The early election/hit Corbyn plan might extract him out of a cock up of his own making.

Corbyn was ahead in 5 out of 6 polls last week, by as much as 6 points.

The only one he was behind in was yougov, run by a tory.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #25: Jul 18, 2019 05:14:22 pm
      Thanks for the info.Just learned that the decent engine is seperate to the ascent engine and both had independant fuel tanks. The decent fuel tank had only 30 seconds left and had Armstrong not found a place to land they would have aborted and switched to the ascent engine.

Not sure if it was possible on the first Lunar lander, but I'm sure I read somewhere they had a system to transfer fuel if required.
      Although given it would have been worked out to the ounce (including safety margin) I'm not sure why they would do it.
      Just an example of how they look at all scenarios I suppose.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #26: Jul 18, 2019 05:25:35 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #27: Jul 18, 2019 10:18:43 pm

what always depresses the hell out of me is her claim would have passed through countless desks and managers and not one would just stop and say this cant be right its like nobody cares anymore.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #28: Jul 19, 2019 10:52:46 pm
      Then we get the breath taking hypocrisy of Sajid Javid telling us we should moderate our language towards politicians.Also frowning on Trump's alleged racist remarks against the 4 female democrats.The republican crowd chanting "send them back".

These very same politicians, Javid included, sent plenty back and it wasn't an empty threat.People were arrested,detained and booted out of the country with a vindictiveness that would make Trump blush.On top of that they willfully make terminally ill people beg for their benefits.

I generally don't abuse but the Tories deserve any abuse that is coming their way.
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2019 11:33:17 pm by Harrisimo »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #29: Jul 20, 2019 12:32:45 pm
      Then we get the breath taking hypocrisy of Sajid Javid telling us we should moderate our language towards politicians.Also frowning on Trump's alleged racist remarks against the 4 female democrats.The republican crowd chanting "send them back".

These very same politicians, Javid included, sent plenty back and it wasn't an empty threat.People were arrested,detained and booted out of the country with a vindictiveness that would make Trump blush.On top of that they willfully make terminally ill people beg for their benefits.

I generally don't abuse but the Tories deserve any abuse that is coming their way.

A lot of Ayn Rand fans in the tory party.

They'd do well to remember she died penniless depending on the state for medicare, money from social security, and the charity of friends and strangers alike.
      So much for her f**king theories of the "superhuman", f**king gobs***e.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Reply #30: Jul 20, 2019 05:48:55 pm
      https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-48987901. Follow the money. So many scumbags out there these days or is it we're hearing more about it?  Powerless to stop it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #31: Jul 20, 2019 05:52:31 pm
      https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-48987901. Follow the money. So many scumbags out there these days or is it we're hearing more about it?  Powerless to stop it.

its always been the same mate the same people with power ,influence and wealth. If only David Icke hadn't accused them of being Lizard people he would have been spot on or maybe he actually is they are certainly slimey bas**rds
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #32: Jul 22, 2019 02:58:19 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #33: Jul 24, 2019 04:24:12 pm
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #34: Jul 24, 2019 08:42:03 pm
      Johnson takes office clambering over resigning (15 so far) Cabinet Ministers. Some claim Johnson sacked them but in truth they are deserting the sinking ship.

Government by WAFFLE is the order of the day under Johnson based on Greed before Need.Plenty might back Johnson but as soon as reality sets in people will realise Johnson is a clueless chancer.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,698 posts | 4728 
      Reply #35: Jul 24, 2019 09:10:23 pm
      Total farce.  Some of the names who are now in charge of major departments are deeply troubling - Foreign sec, Home sec and Education sec - I see them as not only inept but more worryingly as liars.

In the final round of voting, MP's vote 160 of them voted for Johnson, whilst 152 voted for either Gove or Hunt.  I'd say his actions regarding the make up of this cabinet will have entrenched those 152 MP's even further against Boris.

I'll give the whole thing about 99 days.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #36: Jul 25, 2019 12:11:35 pm
      Total farce.  Some of the names who are now in charge of major departments are deeply troubling - Foreign sec, Home sec and Education sec - I see them as not only inept but more worryingly as liars.

In the final round of voting, MP's vote 160 of them voted for Johnson, whilst 152 voted for either Gove or Hunt.  I'd say his actions regarding the make up of this cabinet will have entrenched those 152 MP's even further against Boris.

I'll give the whole thing about 99 days.

Is Johnson trolling his party and the whole country?

Unless he's even more mental than I thought, it seems to be the only explanation.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #37: Jul 25, 2019 06:08:02 pm
      Don't think I've ever heard a more boring politician as Johnson at the despatch box. His stop/start staccato style is very annoying.When asked any specific question or point he just speeds up and waffles waving his arms about.His command of detail is non existent

His speech is also very laboured and simply constructed.Hardly the elegant orator and skilled debater many make him out to be.I was expecting a lot more.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,698 posts | 4728 
      Reply #38: Jul 25, 2019 07:38:28 pm
      Notice he refused to apologise to the people of Liverpool today. Think it was Maria Eagle who asked him about his previous comments.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #39: Jul 26, 2019 08:50:45 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #40: Jul 27, 2019 01:14:58 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #41: Jul 27, 2019 01:35:48 pm
      Type of thing you'd never see Boris the B***ard or any other tory do.

I'd love to see Johnson walk around Liverpool without minders.

I wonder how far he'd get before someone skulled the c**t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #42: Jul 30, 2019 01:03:31 pm
      Brazilian prison riot - 52 dead, 16 decapitated. Wtf!! Will post full story when I get home.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #43: Jul 30, 2019 02:43:02 pm
      Brazil jail riot in Para state leaves 57 dead as gangs fight

At least 57 people have been killed in a prison riot in Brazil which saw rival gangs battle for five hours, officials say.

Gang members from one prison block invaded another part of Altamira jail in Pará state.

Sixteen of the dead were decapitated and the remainder suffocated after part of the prison was set on fire, officials said at a news conference.

Two prison officers who were taken hostage have since been freed.

The violence began at about 07:00 local time (10:00 GMT) on Monday, and ended at around noon, officials said.

Members of the Comando Classe A (CCA) gang set fire to a cell where rival gang members from Comando Vermelho (Red Command) were kept, the Pará state government said in a statement       

The structure of the cell allowed the fire to spread quickly, resulting in the death by asphyxiation of some inmates.

Officials said that the two prison officers taken hostage were soon released, because the goal of the attack was to strike at the rival gang - rather than at the prison guards.

There had been no prior warning or signs of an impending attack on this scale, the statement said.

Video reported to be from the prison carried by Brazilian media showed smoke billowing from at least one prison building, while another clip appeared to show inmates walking around on the rooftops.

The prison in Altamira where Monday's violence broke out has a capacity of 200, but was occupied by 309 prisoners. Officials denied it was overcrowded.

The Ministry of Justice said that ringleaders of the violence will be transferred to more secure units in federal jails.

Prison without guards or weapons in Brazil
      Brazil prison riots: What's the cause?
      Violence in Brazilian prisons is not uncommon. The country has the world's third-largest prison population of some 700,000 people, and overcrowding is a widespread problem.

Clashes between rival gangs are frequent, as are riots.

In May, 40 people were killed on the same day in four different prisons in Manaus in Amazonas state - a day after 15 died in prison fights in the area.

More than 130 people were killed in January 2017 alone, as violence broke out in several prisons between the country's two largest gangs, resulting in lengthy riots and the eventual transfer of hundreds of prisoners.

Brazil's far-right President Jair Bolsonaro has vowed to bring in tighter controls in prisons, while building more across the country.

But this will not be straightforward as most prisons are controlled at the state level.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Reply #44: Jul 30, 2019 04:40:43 pm
      https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-49162644.This is really stupid action from ya man but can anyone fill me in why y'all have a lord mayor and an elected mayor,any real need?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #45: Jul 30, 2019 05:32:34 pm
      Don't think I've ever heard a more boring politician as Johnson at the despatch box. His stop/start staccato style is very annoying.When asked any specific question or point he just speeds up and waffles waving his arms about.His command of detail is non existent

His speech is also very laboured and simply constructed.Hardly the elegant orator and skilled debater many make him out to be.I was expecting a lot more.

He has mastered the art of talking a lot but saying very little

Quick Reply