Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

July 2019: News Stories

Read 339 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,475 posts | 2784 
      Re: July 2019: News Stories
      Reply #25: Jul 18, 2019 05:14:22 pm
      Thanks for the info.Just learned that the decent engine is seperate to the ascent engine and both had independant fuel tanks. The decent fuel tank had only 30 seconds left and had Armstrong not found a place to land they would have aborted and switched to the ascent engine.

Not sure if it was possible on the first Lunar lander, but I'm sure I read somewhere they had a system to transfer fuel if required.
      Although given it would have been worked out to the ounce (including safety margin) I'm not sure why they would do it.
      Just an example of how they look at all scenarios I suppose.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #26: Jul 18, 2019 05:25:35 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #27: Jul 18, 2019 10:18:43 pm

what always depresses the hell out of me is her claim would have passed through countless desks and managers and not one would just stop and say this cant be right its like nobody cares anymore.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,999 posts | 599 
      Reply #28: Jul 19, 2019 10:52:46 pm
      Then we get the breath taking hypocrisy of Sajid Javid telling us we should moderate our language towards politicians.Also frowning on Trump's alleged racist remarks against the 4 female democrats.The republican crowd chanting "send them back".

These very same politicians, Javid included, sent plenty back and it wasn't an empty threat.People were arrested,detained and booted out of the country with a vindictiveness that would make Trump blush.On top of that they willfully make terminally ill people beg for their benefits.

I generally don't abuse but the Tories deserve any abuse that is coming their way.
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2019 11:33:17 pm by Harrisimo »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,475 posts | 2784 
      Reply #29: Jul 20, 2019 12:32:45 pm
      Then we get the breath taking hypocrisy of Sajid Javid telling us we should moderate our language towards politicians.Also frowning on Trump's alleged racist remarks against the 4 female democrats.The republican crowd chanting "send them back".

These very same politicians, Javid included, sent plenty back and it wasn't an empty threat.People were arrested,detained and booted out of the country with a vindictiveness that would make Trump blush.On top of that they willfully make terminally ill people beg for their benefits.

I generally don't abuse but the Tories deserve any abuse that is coming their way.

A lot of Ayn Rand fans in the tory party.

They'd do well to remember she died penniless depending on the state for medicare, money from social security, and the charity of friends and strangers alike.
      So much for her f**king theories of the "superhuman", f**king gobs***e.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,342 posts | 710 
      Reply #30: Jul 20, 2019 05:48:55 pm
      https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-48987901. Follow the money. So many scumbags out there these days or is it we're hearing more about it?  Powerless to stop it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #31: Jul 20, 2019 05:52:31 pm
      https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-48987901. Follow the money. So many scumbags out there these days or is it we're hearing more about it?  Powerless to stop it.

its always been the same mate the same people with power ,influence and wealth. If only David Icke hadn't accused them of being Lizard people he would have been spot on or maybe he actually is they are certainly slimey bas**rds
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #32: Jul 22, 2019 02:58:19 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #33: Jul 24, 2019 04:24:12 pm
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,999 posts | 599 
      Reply #34: Jul 24, 2019 08:42:03 pm
      Johnson takes office clambering over resigning (15 so far) Cabinet Ministers. Some claim Johnson sacked them but in truth they are deserting the sinking ship.

Government by WAFFLE is the order of the day under Johnson based on Greed before Need.Plenty might back Johnson but as soon as reality sets in people will realise Johnson is a clueless chancer.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,696 posts | 4728 
      Reply #35: Jul 24, 2019 09:10:23 pm
      Total farce.  Some of the names who are now in charge of major departments are deeply troubling - Foreign sec, Home sec and Education sec - I see them as not only inept but more worryingly as liars.

In the final round of voting, MP's vote 160 of them voted for Johnson, whilst 152 voted for either Gove or Hunt.  I'd say his actions regarding the make up of this cabinet will have entrenched those 152 MP's even further against Boris.

I'll give the whole thing about 99 days.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,475 posts | 2784 
      Reply #36: Jul 25, 2019 12:11:35 pm
      Total farce.  Some of the names who are now in charge of major departments are deeply troubling - Foreign sec, Home sec and Education sec - I see them as not only inept but more worryingly as liars.

In the final round of voting, MP's vote 160 of them voted for Johnson, whilst 152 voted for either Gove or Hunt.  I'd say his actions regarding the make up of this cabinet will have entrenched those 152 MP's even further against Boris.

I'll give the whole thing about 99 days.

Is Johnson trolling his party and the whole country?

Unless he's even more mental than I thought, it seems to be the only explanation.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,999 posts | 599 
      Reply #37: Jul 25, 2019 06:08:02 pm
      Don't think I've ever heard a more boring politician as Johnson at the despatch box. His stop/start staccato style is very annoying.When asked any specific question or point he just speeds up and waffles waving his arms about.His command of detail is non existent

His speech is also very laboured and simply constructed.Hardly the elegant orator and skilled debater many make him out to be.I was expecting a lot more.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,696 posts | 4728 
      Reply #38: Jul 25, 2019 07:38:28 pm
      Notice he refused to apologise to the people of Liverpool today. Think it was Maria Eagle who asked him about his previous comments.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #39: Jul 26, 2019 08:50:45 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,503 posts | 4342 
      Reply #40: Jul 27, 2019 01:14:58 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,475 posts | 2784 
      Reply #41: Jul 27, 2019 01:35:48 pm
      Type of thing you'd never see Boris the B***ard or any other tory do.

I'd love to see Johnson walk around Liverpool without minders.

I wonder how far he'd get before someone skulled the c**t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,503 posts | 4342 
      Reply #42: Jul 30, 2019 01:03:31 pm
      Brazilian prison riot - 52 dead, 16 decapitated. Wtf!! Will post full story when I get home.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,503 posts | 4342 
      Reply #43: Jul 30, 2019 02:43:02 pm
      Brazil jail riot in Para state leaves 57 dead as gangs fight

At least 57 people have been killed in a prison riot in Brazil which saw rival gangs battle for five hours, officials say.

Gang members from one prison block invaded another part of Altamira jail in ParĂ¡ state.

Sixteen of the dead were decapitated and the remainder suffocated after part of the prison was set on fire, officials said at a news conference.

Two prison officers who were taken hostage have since been freed.

The violence began at about 07:00 local time (10:00 GMT) on Monday, and ended at around noon, officials said.

Members of the Comando Classe A (CCA) gang set fire to a cell where rival gang members from Comando Vermelho (Red Command) were kept, the ParĂ¡ state government said in a statement       

The structure of the cell allowed the fire to spread quickly, resulting in the death by asphyxiation of some inmates.

Officials said that the two prison officers taken hostage were soon released, because the goal of the attack was to strike at the rival gang - rather than at the prison guards.

There had been no prior warning or signs of an impending attack on this scale, the statement said.

Video reported to be from the prison carried by Brazilian media showed smoke billowing from at least one prison building, while another clip appeared to show inmates walking around on the rooftops.

The prison in Altamira where Monday's violence broke out has a capacity of 200, but was occupied by 309 prisoners. Officials denied it was overcrowded.

The Ministry of Justice said that ringleaders of the violence will be transferred to more secure units in federal jails.

Prison without guards or weapons in Brazil
      Brazil prison riots: What's the cause?
      Violence in Brazilian prisons is not uncommon. The country has the world's third-largest prison population of some 700,000 people, and overcrowding is a widespread problem.

Clashes between rival gangs are frequent, as are riots.

In May, 40 people were killed on the same day in four different prisons in Manaus in Amazonas state - a day after 15 died in prison fights in the area.

More than 130 people were killed in January 2017 alone, as violence broke out in several prisons between the country's two largest gangs, resulting in lengthy riots and the eventual transfer of hundreds of prisoners.

Brazil's far-right President Jair Bolsonaro has vowed to bring in tighter controls in prisons, while building more across the country.

But this will not be straightforward as most prisons are controlled at the state level.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,342 posts | 710 
      Reply #44: Jul 30, 2019 04:40:43 pm
      https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-49162644.This is really stupid action from ya man but can anyone fill me in why y'all have a lord mayor and an elected mayor,any real need?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,377 posts | 2162 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #45: Jul 30, 2019 05:32:34 pm
      Don't think I've ever heard a more boring politician as Johnson at the despatch box. His stop/start staccato style is very annoying.When asked any specific question or point he just speeds up and waffles waving his arms about.His command of detail is non existent

His speech is also very laboured and simply constructed.Hardly the elegant orator and skilled debater many make him out to be.I was expecting a lot more.

He has mastered the art of talking a lot but saying very little

Quick Reply