Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Harvey Elliot (Fulham)

Read 21147 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Harvey Elliot (Fulham)
      Jul 08, 2019 07:10:53 am
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Harvey Elliot (Fulham)
      Reply #1: Jul 08, 2019 07:46:26 am
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: Jul 08, 2019 01:36:27 pm
      A left footer that looks to have a similar play style to your Suso, Messi, Shaqiri's etc.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3: Jul 08, 2019 02:08:29 pm
      This lad is supposed to be lighting quick by all accounts.

Definitely one to watch.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4: Jul 08, 2019 02:34:25 pm
      Meh. Wait and see. Could be the next Gerrard. More likely the next Joao Teixera. Will look for him with the U18s.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5: Jul 08, 2019 02:47:38 pm
      Meh. Wait and see. Could be the next Gerrard. More likely the next Joao Teixera. Will look for him with the U18s.

Already played for Fulhams first team.
      He won't be going in the U-18's.

Train with first team, play in U-23's I reckon (or are we now calling the the development squad?)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #6: Jul 08, 2019 03:46:44 pm
      Already played for Fulhams first team.
      He won't be going in the U-18's.

Train with first team, play in U-23's I reckon (or are we now calling the the development squad?)

U23s then. I'm just pointing out that
       most "developmental" players don't end up as first team regulars. The best thing about these deals to me is that Klopp works to cast players in his own image. He still believes in creating top players, not just buying them.

We all want the best for them, but I guard myself from thinking all our youngsters will make it, because most don't.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7: Jul 08, 2019 04:13:42 pm
      U23s then. I'm just pointing out that
       most "developmental" players don't end up as first team regulars. The best thing about these deals to me is that Klopp works to cast players in his own image. He still believes in creating top players, not just buying them.

We all want the best for them, but I guard myself from thinking all our youngsters will make it, because most don't.

I agree that these things are a bit of a gamble, but I also take the view that he's starting from a higher base than most his age, which I think increases his chances of success.
      No youngster is nailed on to progress to the first team, but the 2 we've signed this summer (assuming this lad comes) have already played senior football, which I think can only help them, especially being involved in first team training.

As ever, it's a "wait and see" but it bodes well that we are signing young lads of great quality.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #8: Jul 08, 2019 05:11:22 pm
      I agree that these things are a bit of a gamble, but I also take the view that he's starting from a higher base than most his age, which I think increases his chances of success.
      No youngster is nailed on to progress to the first team, but the 2 we've signed this summer (assuming this lad comes) have already played senior football, which I think can only help them, especially being involved in first team training.

As ever, it's a "wait and see" but it bodes well that we are signing young lads of great quality.

Look forward to watching Sepp play vs. Tranmere and hopefully Harvey soon after.
      Looking at his highlights, wouldn't be shocked to see him play right back at some.point.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #9: Jul 08, 2019 07:50:23 pm
      Ryan Sessegnon is up for grabs, he can play left back and left wing!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #10: Jul 08, 2019 10:42:05 pm

Pretend you are not a Liverpool supporter. If you are Sessegnon, with what you have seen from Robbo the past two seasons, would you sign for us?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Jul 09, 2019 12:48:27 am
      Pretend you are not a Liverpool supporter. If you are Sessegnon, with what you have seen from Robbo the past two seasons, would you sign for us?

But, Sessegnon is a Liverpool supporter so could relish the opportunity.

As for this Eliiot lad, never heard of him. Anyone seen much of him?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #12: Jul 09, 2019 01:56:11 am

If you're a competitive athlete. Do you not fancy yourself as a good player?
      I think it's an odd mentality from our fans that players don't want to come to us because theres competition.
      Are we not allowed to have a strong squad?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Jul 09, 2019 02:56:46 am
      But, Sessegnon is a Liverpool supporter so could relish the opportunity.

Didn't know he was a supporter. That could make a difference from the player end. No idea if the club is interested. Kind of doesn't  seem like it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14: Jul 09, 2019 03:00:48 am
      I think it's an odd mentality from our fans that players don't want to come to us because theres competition.

Not about having a "strong squad'" which of course is a goal. Robbo is one of the best 2 or 3 left backs in the world for me,  that's more than just competition. Not against improving the team, just considering the true likelihood of such a move.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #15: Jul 09, 2019 08:22:16 am

Spurs all over it
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #16: Jul 09, 2019 08:44:18 am
      Not a big fan of such young players 'refusing' to sign extensions with the clubs that have developed them.

Just leaving that there.

I hate the way these young lads get involved in all these dark arts of agents and contracts at such a young age.

Probably not.  What's he played - about 10 minutes of Premier League football?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #17: Jul 09, 2019 10:30:36 am
      Not a big fan of such young players 'refusing' to sign extensions with the clubs that have developed them.

Just leaving that there.

I hate the way these young lads get involved in all these dark arts of agents and contracts at such a young age.

Looks F***ing ace on YouTube JD a world beater no doubt..... ;) ;)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18: Jul 09, 2019 11:34:08 am

Just leaving that there.

Personally not a fan of us signing young talent as them staying during their prime/peak or developing into an exceptional young player for the first team are unlikely.  Rather see us sign 23+ year olds and players entering their prime/peak.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: Jul 09, 2019 12:16:47 pm

Just leaving that there.

So he could be the next Jerome Sinclair.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #20: Jul 09, 2019 01:20:18 pm

It's not about fan's mentality but the mentality from a player's perspective. Not every player thinks like Coutinho, who believes he can walk into Barca.

From my limited knowledge, players get paid bonuses when starting games. So it's more beneficial to be playing week in week out.

Granted fans want players to take the challenge. Join us if you think you can displace Robbo. Join us if you want to win the league or CL. Join us for the Anfield experience. But players first think about their careers. And very often this is a different wavelength from fans.

I mean if he thinks he wants to take up the challenge good. Otherwise nothing wrong. It's valid that he believes he's not going to play if he joins us. It's just the player's view. The odd mentality you mentioned is also valid because that's from a player's point of view. In a football career, they've to be playing games to be competitive. Being competitive is exactly why they want to start games.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #21: Jul 09, 2019 02:45:37 pm
      Somehow, I don't feel this kid's attitude is going to be of ours requirement. He looks like a bit of a rebel...won't be easy to keep his feet on the ground for long. But okay, don't judge a book by its cover, so...perhaps it's worth taking the risk?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #22: Jul 09, 2019 03:01:55 pm

Quick Reply