Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

UEFA Champions League 2019-20

Read 57052 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: UEFA Champions League 2019-20
      Reply #299: Aug 16, 2020 06:34:02 pm
      City going for the hard done by card again, always the victims eh?

What have they said ?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #300: Aug 16, 2020 06:49:57 pm
      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And to all Liverpool fans that have nothing else to do than to come to a Man City player account, I’m also sorry for you but for the wrong reasons...😂 pathetic... go celebrate your titles, or try to find a partner, drink a beer with a friend, read a book...🤦🏻‍♂️ so many options!😅</p>&mdash; Bernardo Silva (@BernardoCSilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/BernardoCSilva/status/1295032534703714309?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Proper c**t this one
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3412 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #301: Aug 16, 2020 06:55:11 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #302: Aug 16, 2020 08:10:46 pm
      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And to all Liverpool fans that have nothing else to do than to come to a Man City player account, I’m also sorry for you but for the wrong reasons...😂 pathetic... go celebrate your titles, or try to find a partner, drink a beer with a friend, read a book...🤦🏻‍♂️ so many options!😅</p>&mdash; Bernardo Silva (@BernardoCSilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/BernardoCSilva/status/1295032534703714309?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Proper c**t this one

That is embarrassing
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #303: Aug 16, 2020 08:24:46 pm
      Last year he sings about our fans getting assaulted and us generally as they are supposed to be celebrating their title and he tops it off by that disrespectful attempt at a guard of honor (that he probably thinks he trolled us with while only embarrassing himself and his club) and now that  LFC fans are giving it to him he cries like the c**t he is.

The only pathetic things are you and your entire oil-country backed team failing once again and not even being capable of taking it on the chin like men, Mr. Silva. Go spend another 500M in the transfer market or whatever you guys do in your free time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #304: Aug 16, 2020 11:01:03 pm
      You might get a treble tonite if United go out.  :D

Pandemic not withstanding, I can't complain about 2020 in a footy sense :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #305: Aug 16, 2020 11:01:56 pm
      Last year he sings about our fans getting assaulted and us generally as they are supposed to be celebrating their title and he tops it off by that disrespectful attempt at a guard of honor (that he probably thinks he trolled us with while only embarrassing himself and his club) and now that  LFC fans are giving it to him he cries like the c**t he is.

The only pathetic things are you and your entire oil-country backed team failing once again and not even being capable of taking it on the chin like men, Mr. Silva. Go spend another 500M in the transfer market or whatever you guys do in your free time.

Christ if he's posting tweets like that, we've got the cu*ts rattled!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #306: Aug 17, 2020 05:07:45 am
      Whilst they ignore the fact that the tap in merchant is largely the reason why they lost.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #307: Aug 17, 2020 05:19:20 am

:lmao: :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #308: Aug 17, 2020 05:24:47 am
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #309: Aug 18, 2020 10:15:50 pm
      Don’t mind PSG winning it, i really don’t care, would prefer them to Bayern.

I have a sneaky feeling Lyon will give Bayern a hard time though.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #310: Aug 19, 2020 12:08:18 am
      It could happen but I can't see Bayern losing to Lyon or PSG. PSG don't have the feel of underdogs, they are underdogs but they will never be viewed as that by the public or themselves; so it's not back to the wall fighting for them. Bayern on the other hand have a look of a team that is about to deliver any would be challenger a real pasting. The speed in their backline, with Alaba, Davies and Kimmich is not going to be worried by Mbappe with an ankle injury or Neymar. Whereas PSG's backline looks suspect. Tuchel is known by Bayern and he will know Bayern, so that sort of cancels out. I think man for man Bayern are better and they are definitely stronger all over and in form. PSG met a Lipezig team to day with a manager mentored by Tuchel and they were thoroughly outclasses. That mightgive PSG confidence but over all I think the difference in the defence of Bayern vs PSG will be a telling factor.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #311: Aug 19, 2020 12:59:06 am
      What was up with Tuchel having a go at some of the players following PSG's win tonight?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #312: Aug 19, 2020 08:33:48 am
      What was up with Tuchel having a go at some of the players following PSG's win tonight?

Probably just his gout flaring up!

It was an embarrassing semifinal though, so one sided, Leipzig were completely outclassed in all areas of the pitch and looked very ordinary, how on earth did they beat Atletico???
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #313: Aug 19, 2020 01:36:35 pm
      Don’t mind PSG winning it, i really don’t care, would prefer them to Bayern.

I have a sneaky feeling Lyon will give Bayern a hard time though.

To be honest I’d prefer Bayern to win it instead of Qatar.

Quite surprised PSG have made it to the final, their squad is far from impressive other than in attack. I think if they meet Bayern in the final then they will be massive underdogs.

Leipzig have been performing well above expectations all season, it’s no surprise it came crumbling down for them vs PSG, they had their biggest and only really goal threat jump ship.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #314: Aug 19, 2020 03:23:21 pm
      It would be quite a achievement for Keylor Navas if he is able to win the UCL with PSG winning 4 UCL titles in 5 years span.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #315: Aug 19, 2020 03:39:56 pm
      Quote from PolarBearRed
      Last year he sings about our fans getting assaulted and us generally as they are supposed to be celebrating their title and he tops it off by that disrespectful attempt at a guard of honor (that he probably thinks he trolled us with while only embarrassing himself and his club) and now that  LFC fans are giving it to him he cries.

I think he has better things to do with his time. Like how to get his game in that team, for starters.

It appears that the only guaranteed way for bookmakers to lose money, is to install them as favourites to win the competition. Every single year. The so called best coach in the world hasn't won it in 10 years. The club he modelled his style of play on have won it once in that time, and just got kicked out 8-2. Tiki taka football is now dead in terms of winning major trophies. All the most successful sides now play a variation of high press, high reward football, us included. Having 70% possession these days is only good enough to win the League Cup nowadays. Against teams fighting relegation.

Bayern are now the last obstacle in the way of the trophy used as a marketing op in the Middle East. Let's hope football is the winner instead.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #316: Aug 19, 2020 10:48:05 pm
      Not really a Bayern fan but they are definitely preferred to PSG, so I will hope the German club wins this weekend.

Of course the important match coming up is Liverpool FC vs. VfB Stuttgart at 1700 BST on Saturday!
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #317: Aug 20, 2020 07:08:08 am
      Apparently the first time since 1998 that the CL final will be between two teams who were Champions of their respective country
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #318: Aug 22, 2020 08:14:23 pm
      Just sat down ready to watch the game. It's the bloody womans one and I'm 24 hours early 🤣

Oh well another bonus day as champions of Europe  :lmao:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #319: Aug 23, 2020 04:50:14 pm
      Cannot stand PSG. I think as a squad I probably hate them more than City. During City's money era they've still had quite a few players who individually I respect & who seem to be decent enough off the pitch (Aguero, De Bruyne, Kompany, Silva etc) but I don't think I could say the same for PSG, I really dislike this team of gobshites and how they behave as a collective.

Don't want Bayern to win number 6 & level up with ourselves but I really can't be arsed with a sportswashing project ran by any of the backwards, medieval UAE / Qatari dictatorships getting their hands on the most prestigious trophy in club football. Bad enough them bribing their way into the World Cup & World Club Championships.

So will be supporting Bayern tonight, for the good of football

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #320: Aug 23, 2020 05:30:55 pm
      Cannot stand PSG. I think as a squad I probably hate them more than City. During City's money era they've still had quite a few players who individually I respect & who seem to be decent enough off the pitch (Aguero, De Bruyne, Kompany, Silva etc) but I don't think I could say the same for PSG, I really dislike this team of gobshites and how they behave as a collective.

Don't want Bayern to win number 6 & level up with ourselves but I really can't be arsed with a sportswashing project ran by any of the backwards, medieval UAE / Qatari dictatorships getting their hands on the most prestigious trophy in club football. Bad enough them bribing their way into the World Cup & World Club Championships.

So will be supporting Bayern tonight, for the good of football

M'bappe, Thiago Silva and Verrati are good footballers in my opinion. Thiago Silva is bery good at marshalling a degence as shown in the semi and their home group game against us.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #321: Aug 23, 2020 06:10:26 pm
      Only reason want Bayern to win is for Davies to be first Canadian to win UCL title. Looking forward to see what could be open ans high scoring final.

Quick Reply