Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

UEFA Champions League 2019-20

Read 56826 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: UEFA Champions League 2019-20
      Reply #138: Aug 10, 2020 12:17:40 pm
      I support them, espically if they play Liverpool  :f_whistle:

Just like we all support Copenhagen tonight, battle between two Norwegian coaches.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #139: Aug 10, 2020 12:20:24 pm
      Just like we all support Copenhagen tonight, battle between two Norwegian coaches.

:lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #140: Aug 12, 2020 08:26:05 pm
      Commentary on BT being 5 seconds ahead of the video is making this absolutely awful to watch.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #141: Aug 12, 2020 09:59:36 pm
      I feel sorry for Atalanta but you simply can't sit back like that against a great attacking side like PSG.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 849 
      Reply #142: Aug 12, 2020 09:59:47 pm
      Watching Atalanta vs PSG and judging from Tuchel's reactions to his team scoring you would swear he is the one coaching a humble and exhausted Italian squad that has been overperforming and that Gasperini is the one coaching the multi-billion dollar team who just subbed-in Mbappe as if nothing.

Fairplay for getting through the tie, but the guy looks ridiculous celebrating like they just produced the biggest upset of the century or something. They won't get further than the next round with the way they are playing, absolute trash. If this is the French champions year after year then maybe this league deserves the monikers people give it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #143: Aug 12, 2020 10:03:01 pm
      Watching Atalanta vs PSG and judging from Tuchel's reactions to his team scoring you would swear he is the one coaching a humble and exhausted Italian squad that has been overperforming and that Gasperini is the one coaching the multi-billion dollar team who just subbed-in Mbappe as if nothing.

Fairplay for getting through the tie, but the guy looks ridiculous celebrating like they just produced the biggest upset of the century or something. They won't get further than the next round with the way they are playing, absolute trash. If this is the French champions year after year then maybe this league deserves the monikers people give it.

Tuchel is a complete tw*t, can't stand him, seems like a very arrogant man.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #144: Aug 12, 2020 10:11:57 pm

Yep.

Bayern and City will easily beat them, think Atletico will be too smart for them as well if they win tomorrow.

I guess they're at a disadvantage given they've played just two competitive games in 6 months before tonight but still. Two superstars don't make a team.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #145: Aug 12, 2020 10:58:48 pm

Reminds me of basil fawlty for some reason
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 849 
      Reply #146: Aug 13, 2020 05:57:46 am
      Didn't want to say it myself but I agree. He just gives off a bad impression.
      Yep.

Bayern and City will easily beat them, think Atletico will be too smart for them as well if they win tomorrow.

I guess they're at a disadvantage given they've played just two competitive games in 6 months before tonight but still. Two superstars don't make a team.

Agreed. Some of the players in this team are also overhyped but never seem to impress one bit every time I see them play (Kehrer, Kimpembe Kursawa, Draxler all come to mind) but then again, they seem to manage to make everybody who sign for them look like absolute sh*t in the space of a year or two.

Everything with this club screams ''bunch of tw*ts'' from the fans to the management and ownership to the players who seem for the most of them to be in the mold of Pogba in terms of personality but with much less talent than him. Lots of dabs and other retarted dance moves, instagramming and overall cuntish attitudes on and off the pitch but nothing to offer on the pitch once they are facing real opposition apart from a game or two per year in the group stage of the CL.

Hope to see them out in the next round.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #147: Aug 13, 2020 10:42:12 am
      Can't stand them, remember how they "celebrated" after they beat us when we met in the groups a couple of years back. Chest bumping, tensing, stupid poses, I don't mind any team celebrating if they win but that didn't seem like celebrating to me. Pre-rehearsed cringe sh*te. Hope Atletico rinse them in the semis, then Simeone will show them how to celebrate properly
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #148: Aug 13, 2020 12:33:44 pm
      Can't stand them, remember how they "celebrated" after they beat us when we met in the groups a couple of years back. Chest bumping, tensing, stupid poses, I don't mind any team celebrating if they win but that didn't seem like celebrating to me. Pre-rehearsed cringe sh*te. Hope Atletico rinse them in the semis, then Simeone will show them how to celebrate properly

If Atalanta had been more positive yesterday they would have won, you simply cannot sit back against a side like PSG, unless you have a superb defence like Atletico Madrid. PSG got very very lucky but no way they win CL.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #149: Aug 13, 2020 01:07:00 pm
      If Atalanta had been more positive yesterday they would have won, you simply cannot sit back against a side like PSG, unless you have a superb defence like Atletico Madrid. PSG got very very lucky but no way they win CL.

Thought the game plan was the right one, they were four minutes away from the semis after all. Think it would have ended a lot worse for them if they pushed forward, especially with Mbappe coming off the bench with 30 minutes left
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #150: Aug 13, 2020 02:53:17 pm
      Thought the game plan was the right one, they were four minutes away from the semis after all. Think it would have ended a lot worse for them if they pushed forward, especially with Mbappe coming off the bench with 30 minutes left

I disagree, for a team with a weak defence like Atalanta attack is ALWAYS the best form of defence. You need to have a huge amount of luck plus skill to withstand an attack force of Neymar and MBappe for 30+ minutes, Atalanta didn't have that luck. At the start of the second half they had several promising attacks, if they'd carried on with that they may very well have got that important second goal.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #151: Aug 13, 2020 04:58:39 pm

They're an odd bunch. If I remember rightly they spent all their time taking the piss out of Haaland after knocking Dortmund out a few months ago rather than you know, actually celebrating.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #152: Aug 13, 2020 08:20:21 pm
      They're an odd bunch. If I remember rightly they spent all their time taking the piss out of Haaland after knocking Dortmund out a few months ago rather than you know, actually celebrating.

Yeah, that done my head in as well - he's only like 18 isn't he? Established players in their late 20s & 30s trying to mock him. Didn't sit right with me at all
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #153: Aug 13, 2020 09:29:07 pm
      Breaks my heart that we didn’t finish Atletico off, this competition would be ours
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #154: Aug 13, 2020 09:32:59 pm
      Athletico level it up, Joao Felix making big impact off the bench winning and scoring the penalty
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #155: Aug 13, 2020 09:37:24 pm
      Athletico level it up, Joao Felix making big impact off the bench winning and scoring the penalty

Looks very sharp
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #156: Aug 13, 2020 09:38:17 pm
      Why did Leipzig let Werner go before they finished the CL?? Weird decision and might cost them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #157: Aug 13, 2020 09:38:36 pm
      Why did Leipzig let Werner go before they finished the CL?? Weird decision and might cost them.

I really don’t understand either
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #158: Aug 13, 2020 09:49:58 pm
      Lucky lucky Leipzig with that goal by Adams
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!