Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 17th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

UEFA Euro 2020

Read 63704 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Re: UEFA Euro 2020
      Reply #1610: Jul 12, 2021 02:45:42 pm
      Take the Scouse blinkers off for one moment mate.  :roll:

How about you F**k off and stop comparing us to those Neandearthal cu*ts. Maybe you align more with them than us!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,170 posts | 6344 
      Reply #1611: Jul 12, 2021 02:47:34 pm
      Still can't believe that Southgate was dumb enough to put Rashford and Sancho on so late just to take pens and then to have Saka be the last penalty taker. For me that alone is enough to send him packing.

And of all people...Southgate should have known what kind of pressure that was going to pile on them. Belies logic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #1612: Jul 12, 2021 02:48:04 pm
      Gary Neville just a bitter Labour supporter. Expect nothing more from him.

Does confirm that the taking of the knee is a waste of time though. You can never cure stupid. You cannot stop racism. Kneeling down literally does nothing for the cause. 

As proven by all those cu*ts leave racist tweets for Rashford Sancho and Saka. But you keep on defending the tory voting wankers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #1613: Jul 12, 2021 02:52:16 pm

Tony Blair
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,694 posts | 880 
      Reply #1614: Jul 12, 2021 03:00:51 pm
      As proven by all those cu*ts leave racist tweets for Rashford Sancho and Saka. But you keep on defending the tory voting wankers.

This post literally makes no sense..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1615: Jul 12, 2021 03:00:53 pm
      Yeah I know he was subbed off but my point is, why? Hendo is the Liverpool captain who won 4 Trophies in a 12 month span. He would of buried his PK. Instead they put it all on a 19yr old. I dont understand the rationalization of that decision.

Nothing to do with his past achievements or even the Liverpool captain. He was taken off for one of two reasons. Southgate thought he wasn't playing well or tactical.  What ever his thoughts are were wrong anyway.

Who the fcuk lets a 19 year old with no  experience take the LAST! penalty which is as important as the first (IMO) when you have/had the likes of Grealish-Sterling-Henderson-Calvert Lewin all more than capable WITH! experience to do a better job on paper.

Like I've said many times, Southgate another Ole whereas he's inept at getting the best out from which is arguably England's best team since 66.

Hopefully he goes but knowing the FA they'll extend his contract.  :f_doh:
      DanMann

• 5,694 posts | 880 
      Reply #1616: Jul 12, 2021 03:06:10 pm
      Henderson was taken off purely to enable Southgate to bring on his amazing penalty takers..

Not too fussed about the individual players, as I put the blame on Southgate, but Rashford really screwed it up with that pathetic run up.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1617: Jul 12, 2021 03:38:03 pm
      Henderson was taken off purely to enable Southgate to bring on his amazing penalty takers..

Not too fussed about the individual players, as I put the blame on Southgate, but Rashford really screwed it up with that pathetic run up.  :lmao:

That's a pretty standard routine with Rashford now all though can mix it up a bit when he wants. We're all pretty quick to knock such routines ( including me ) when it goes wrong, which it did.

I hate watching Bruno & Pogba taking penalties but when it works I like it.  :f_doh: Us fans never happy.  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,170 posts | 6344 
      Reply #1618: Jul 12, 2021 04:12:02 pm
      That's a pretty standard routine with Rashford now all though can mix it up a bit when he wants. We're all pretty quick to knock such routines ( including me ) when it goes wrong, which it did.

I hate watching Bruno & Pogba taking penalties but when it works I like it.  :f_doh: Us fans never happy.  ;D

Personally, I think the rule should be that once you start the runup, you have to finish all the way to the ball, no stutter steps, no stops, no hesitations, you are moving forward until the ball is kicked.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,011 posts | 2088 
      Reply #1619: Jul 12, 2021 04:40:45 pm

Was so disappointed for Rashford. It must have been gutting to see that ball hit the post after sending the keeper the wrong way. I'd love to see Rashford in the hands of Klopp. I think he'd be amazing. As we've all seen with his charity work and his campaigning, he's a wonderful guy and a fantastic footballer. It's not often I wish a Man Utd player all the best but I do for him.

I saw a tweet/message from a Tory MP (Elphicke her name is) saying he should focus on football not politics. He never played politics and never has. The campaign he approached the government on was a very reasonable, mature and diplomatic approach. But maturity, reason and diplomacy is something that is clearly alien to that party.

He deserves all out support and admiration.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,986 posts | 222 
      Reply #1620: Jul 12, 2021 05:58:35 pm
      Can not see fifa awarding 2030 World Cup to England
      ————————————————————
      Experience of a neutral at the game from another forum.

"
      I was at the match last night with my 12-year old son, and while we enjoyed the game, the rest was utter chaos. My son and I arrived at our entrance point (Entrance 1) in plenty of time, and joined a sea (the shapeless mass couldn’t be described as a queue) of thousands of bodies swarming towards the entry points. Once you were absorbed by the throng there was no way back - people were crushing in from all sides. I almost went hoarse from shouting at people not to push forward - there were loads of children in the middle of the scrum and I genuinely thought there was a danger of another Hillsborough the way things were going -, but to no avail. I can only hope no-one got hurt.
      There were lots of decent England fans amongst the crowd, but the rogue element was high. ‘Fans’ were pushing from all directions with no regard for the safety of those caught in the middle; other ‘fans’ were throwing beer over the crowd, soaking everyone, with cans and bottles flying everywhere. Yet more ‘fans’ were scaling the walls in their dozens to get into the stadium without passing the entrance points. All this behaviour would be imbecilic at the best of times, but as we emerge from a pandemic it was almost beyond belief.
      After nearly an hour of being crushed from all sides, we were finally swept through the entrances by the sheer pressure of the crowd, by which time the stewards had more or less given up trying to activate the match tickets (let alone check Covid certification etc.). I got my ticket checked (only by holding my phone out in the general direction of a scanner, not due to any intervention by a steward), but my son was pushed over the mess of bent and fallen barriers by the pressure behind, with no chance to get his ticket scanned.
      Once inside, we realised that it was a a two step activation process, with the second step to be triggered at the turnstiles, so if you hadn’t had your ticket activated at the entrance point you couldn’t access the QR code needed to get in at the turnstile. We pushed back against the crowd to get back to the entrance point, but the stewards were unable to help, and we finally discovered helpful UEFA staff who were able to activate my son’s phone, and we were eventually able to join the lengthy queues at gate G. Of course the result of hundreds (perhaps thousands) of people swarming in at the entrance points without getting their tickets activated meant huge delays at the turnstiles.
      In the time we queued at Gate G (at least 30 mins) there were no less than FOUR occasions where people within the stadium flung open the fire doors and large numbers of ticketless idiots swarmed towards the open doors. Able-bodied people were also trying to storm the disabled access points. Simply beyond belief. The Times today estimated that 400 fans got into the game without tickets. From what we saw and experienced, I suspect their estimate is on the (very) low side.
      The complicated entrance protocols (three-pronged checks on Covid certification, match tickets and ID, none of which actually happened for us as we were swept past the entrance barriers) were always going to cause severe delays and in the context of a 75% crowd might just about have been workable, without the substantial Neanderthal contingent attempting to force their way in.
      The police presence was surprisingly low key for a match of this scale (there were no police at all within the stadium perimeter), and the stewards were either incapable, unwilling or simply too overpowered to fix the problem. It took ages to close the doors, and they were soon thrown open again. This looked like co-ordinated criminal behaviour by an determined element of idiots, though The Times is reporting today that stewards were opening fire doors to evict intruders, then being overpowered by a fresh surge of non-ticket holders.
      Once inside the stadium it was almost inevitable that our seats would be occupied by non-ticket holders. Luckily they moved when asked, but it was clear that the section we were in was not 75% full, in line with the overall 75% capacity limit, but was actually close to 100% (or more) with 4 people standing in the 3 seats in front of us and people standing in the back and in the aisles.
      Contrary to media reports, the rogue behaviour we witnessed was not committed by a ‘tiny minority.’ It was a minority, but a very significant one. To be fair, there were many England fans who were absolutely disgusted by the behaviour of their compatriots, and there were loud choruses of boos every time a fire door was thrown open, with packs of idiots surging towards it. There were numerous England fans around me who were asking if my son (and other kids) was ok during the crushes.
      To be honest, I feel sorry for the majority of England fans whose reputation is constantly trashed by the abject behaviour of the idiotic minority. Those fans are an utter liability, and if I were English I’d have given up supporting the national team by now.
      FWIW, I didn’t hear any booing of taking the knee (only applause) or any sign of racist abuse where I was, but the constant booing of every Italian touch was utterly tedious. The England songbook was disappointingly limited - they only seem to have two songs - one about the massive size of Harry Maguire’s head and the other about ‘Scotland getting battered everywhere they go’ (apart from at Wembley presumably).
      Quite a contrast between the antiseptic experience of nursing a cup of lukewarm after for 3 hours before the Scotland v Czech Republic game at Hampden and last night’s chaos in London. I generally find that an enjoyable football experience falls somewhere between the two extremes.
      As far as the game itself goes, Italy were deserved winners. It was a decent effort from England, but they were outclassed - players of the quality of Insigne are an joy to watch and Italy’s centre back pairing (Chiellini and Bonucci) are a cut above. The first touch of every Italian player was a sublime, and they absolutely bossed the match and thoroughly deserved to win."
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1621: Jul 12, 2021 06:08:25 pm
      Personally, I think the rule should be that once you start the runup, you have to finish all the way to the ball, no stutter steps, no stops, no hesitations, you are moving forward until the ball is kicked.

I agree, saves all that fannying about.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1622: Jul 12, 2021 06:23:44 pm
      Was so disappointed for Rashford. It must have been gutting to see that ball hit the post after sending the keeper the wrong way. I'd love to see Rashford in the hands of Klopp. I think he'd be amazing. As we've all seen with his charity work and his campaigning, he's a wonderful guy and a fantastic footballer. It's not often I wish a Man Utd player all the best but I do for him.

I saw a tweet/message from a Tory MP (Elphicke her name is) saying he should focus on football not politics. He never played politics and never has. The campaign he approached the government on was a very reasonable, mature and diplomatic approach. But maturity, reason and diplomacy is something that is clearly alien to that party.

He deserves all out support and admiration.

Klopp does have a bad habit (( if your United fan  ;D ) of improving players and Rashford would be no different. We know Ole lacks depth in this department hence why I don't think we can win the title with him unless he improves as a manager, something that's I've always had my doubts on. However, I suppose ( reluctantly) he deserves another chance when you look at the possible signings coming into the club.

Yeah Rashford a likeable guy on and off the pitch as he doesn't really do altercations during matches which is what the neutrals like. There's been quite a few of you lads on here applauded his off the field duties which have stood him in good stead ( apart from bully boy who's on another sabbatical)

Rashford charitable work has certainly got the Tories twaddling. They know they can't win this one so trending carefully.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #1623: Jul 12, 2021 07:30:28 pm
      This post literally makes no sense..

Well start with every snide right-wing whinge you've had on the forum about taking the knee and go from there.
      « Last Edit: Jul 12, 2021 07:37:38 pm by HUYTON RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #1624: Jul 12, 2021 07:33:57 pm
      Can not see fifa awarding 2030 World Cup to England
      ————————————————————
      Experience of a neutral at the game from another forum.

"
      I was at the match last night with my 12-year old son, and while we enjoyed the game, the rest was utter chaos. My son and I arrived at our entrance point (Entrance 1) in plenty of time, and joined a sea (the shapeless mass couldn’t be described as a queue) of thousands of bodies swarming towards the entry points. Once you were absorbed by the throng there was no way back - people were crushing in from all sides. I almost went hoarse from shouting at people not to push forward - there were loads of children in the middle of the scrum and I genuinely thought there was a danger of another Hillsborough the way things were going -, but to no avail. I can only hope no-one got hurt.
      There were lots of decent England fans amongst the crowd, but the rogue element was high. ‘Fans’ were pushing from all directions with no regard for the safety of those caught in the middle; other ‘fans’ were throwing beer over the crowd, soaking everyone, with cans and bottles flying everywhere. Yet more ‘fans’ were scaling the walls in their dozens to get into the stadium without passing the entrance points. All this behaviour would be imbecilic at the best of times, but as we emerge from a pandemic it was almost beyond belief.
      After nearly an hour of being crushed from all sides, we were finally swept through the entrances by the sheer pressure of the crowd, by which time the stewards had more or less given up trying to activate the match tickets (let alone check Covid certification etc.). I got my ticket checked (only by holding my phone out in the general direction of a scanner, not due to any intervention by a steward), but my son was pushed over the mess of bent and fallen barriers by the pressure behind, with no chance to get his ticket scanned.
      Once inside, we realised that it was a a two step activation process, with the second step to be triggered at the turnstiles, so if you hadn’t had your ticket activated at the entrance point you couldn’t access the QR code needed to get in at the turnstile. We pushed back against the crowd to get back to the entrance point, but the stewards were unable to help, and we finally discovered helpful UEFA staff who were able to activate my son’s phone, and we were eventually able to join the lengthy queues at gate G. Of course the result of hundreds (perhaps thousands) of people swarming in at the entrance points without getting their tickets activated meant huge delays at the turnstiles.
      In the time we queued at Gate G (at least 30 mins) there were no less than FOUR occasions where people within the stadium flung open the fire doors and large numbers of ticketless idiots swarmed towards the open doors. Able-bodied people were also trying to storm the disabled access points. Simply beyond belief. The Times today estimated that 400 fans got into the game without tickets. From what we saw and experienced, I suspect their estimate is on the (very) low side.
      The complicated entrance protocols (three-pronged checks on Covid certification, match tickets and ID, none of which actually happened for us as we were swept past the entrance barriers) were always going to cause severe delays and in the context of a 75% crowd might just about have been workable, without the substantial Neanderthal contingent attempting to force their way in.
      The police presence was surprisingly low key for a match of this scale (there were no police at all within the stadium perimeter), and the stewards were either incapable, unwilling or simply too overpowered to fix the problem. It took ages to close the doors, and they were soon thrown open again. This looked like co-ordinated criminal behaviour by an determined element of idiots, though The Times is reporting today that stewards were opening fire doors to evict intruders, then being overpowered by a fresh surge of non-ticket holders.
      Once inside the stadium it was almost inevitable that our seats would be occupied by non-ticket holders. Luckily they moved when asked, but it was clear that the section we were in was not 75% full, in line with the overall 75% capacity limit, but was actually close to 100% (or more) with 4 people standing in the 3 seats in front of us and people standing in the back and in the aisles.
      Contrary to media reports, the rogue behaviour we witnessed was not committed by a ‘tiny minority.’ It was a minority, but a very significant one. To be fair, there were many England fans who were absolutely disgusted by the behaviour of their compatriots, and there were loud choruses of boos every time a fire door was thrown open, with packs of idiots surging towards it. There were numerous England fans around me who were asking if my son (and other kids) was ok during the crushes.
      To be honest, I feel sorry for the majority of England fans whose reputation is constantly trashed by the abject behaviour of the idiotic minority. Those fans are an utter liability, and if I were English I’d have given up supporting the national team by now.
      FWIW, I didn’t hear any booing of taking the knee (only applause) or any sign of racist abuse where I was, but the constant booing of every Italian touch was utterly tedious. The England songbook was disappointingly limited - they only seem to have two songs - one about the massive size of Harry Maguire’s head and the other about ‘Scotland getting battered everywhere they go’ (apart from at Wembley presumably).
      Quite a contrast between the antiseptic experience of nursing a cup of lukewarm after for 3 hours before the Scotland v Czech Republic game at Hampden and last night’s chaos in London. I generally find that an enjoyable football experience falls somewhere between the two extremes.
      As far as the game itself goes, Italy were deserved winners. It was a decent effort from England, but they were outclassed - players of the quality of Insigne are an joy to watch and Italy’s centre back pairing (Chiellini and Bonucci) are a cut above. The first touch of every Italian player was a sublime, and they absolutely bossed the match and thoroughly deserved to win."

Just one of literally a thousand similar experiences I've read about as to why I'll never go to an England game. If I was ever to get to a world cup, I'd rather take in any other countries games then to have to spend time with those moronic gobshites.
      « Last Edit: Jul 12, 2021 08:24:35 pm by HUYTON RED »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1625: Jul 12, 2021 08:18:32 pm
      Southgate messed up yesterday, Mound was awful in all the games he played, thought Trippier and Rice played well but were taken off, he took Henderson off when can take a take a penalty, let Italy press and did nothing about it, and finally put Two penalty takers on in the last minute who were stone cold game wise, we got what we deserved
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #1626: Jul 12, 2021 08:24:13 pm
      Southgate messed up yesterday, Mound was awful in all the games he played, thought Trippier and Rice played well but were taken off, he took Henderson off when can take a take a penalty, let Italy press and did nothing about it, and finally put Two penalty takers on in the last minute who were stone cold game wise, we got what we deserved

Henderson should of been on earlier for Mount and shored up that midfield, halfway through second half I would of took off Kane for Calvert-Lewin.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1627: Jul 12, 2021 08:26:06 pm

Agreed they have stopped the keeper from moving off the line!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,272 posts | 761 
      Reply #1628: Jul 12, 2021 08:29:49 pm
      I found it strange that Sterling did not take a penalty, whilst a couple of relatively inexperienced players took the spot kicks !
      DanMann

• 5,694 posts | 880 
      Reply #1629: Jul 12, 2021 08:42:51 pm
      Well start with every snide right-wing whinge you've had on the forum about taking the knee and go from there.

right wing whinge?  :lmao: :lmao: You're hilarious.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #1630: Jul 12, 2021 08:57:32 pm
      right wing whinge?  :lmao: :lmao: You're hilarious.

I wish you were you F***ing bore.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #1631: Jul 12, 2021 08:58:50 pm
      Good to see Tyrone Mings having a pop at Priti Patel for her two-faced speech in the Houses of Commons today.
      DanMann

• 5,694 posts | 880 
      Reply #1632: Jul 12, 2021 09:10:37 pm
      Good to see Tyrone Mings having a pop at Priti Patel for her two-faced speech in the Houses of Commons today.

because she's a Tory?  :roll:

Quick Reply