Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

UEFA Euro 2020

Read 64089 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,187 posts | 8558 
      Re: Euro 2020
      Reply #46: Jun 01, 2021 11:05:48 pm
      I must be missing something  :f_doh: Why would the majority of English born and bread Liverpool fans not support England?

F***ing hell Keith how long you been on here? Majority of scouse Liverpool fans couldn't give a flying F**k about England - there is even a thread somewhere in this section with a lot of us saying exactly why we don't give a F**k. A few will still support them. Me I just buzz off the dickhead fans, wait for the eventual defeat, exit from tournament and the semi-riots up and down the country.

I just watch the rest of the footy and pray no Liverpool players get bad injuries
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2021 11:11:27 pm by HUYTON RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,187 posts | 8558 
      Reply #47: Jun 01, 2021 11:09:39 pm
      So far 4 have replied and only one of them said no because the don't like Southgate. For me that's not really a valid reason.

There are various different reasons that's why. Older ones may point to the racism dished out to John Barnes, some may point to the various reactions we've had since Hillsborough - "Always the Victim" "Self Pity City" also the "Doleite" sh*te and then we're supposed to stand with the same people and support the three lions.

F**k that!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,980 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #48: Jun 02, 2021 05:08:59 am
      F***ing hell Keith how long you been on here? Majority of scouse Liverpool fans couldn't give a flying f**k about England - there is even a thread somewhere in this section with a lot of us saying exactly why we don't give a f**k. A few will still support them. Me I just buzz off the dickhead fans, wait for the eventual defeat, exit from tournament and the semi-riots up and down the country.

I just watch the rest of the footy and pray no Liverpool players get bad injuries

I must of missed it HR and certainly haven't seen a thread on it. Member PTU found a link as you've probably seen. Looks like only me supporting them then.

This will be like a laugh at manc thread when they get beat.  :f_doh:
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #49: Jun 02, 2021 07:51:26 am
      I must of missed it HR and certainly haven't seen a thread on it. Member PTU found a link as you've probably seen. Looks like only me supporting them then.

I genuinely thought you were joking when you said you didn’t know why we don’t support Engerland or were on a wind up

You won’t find many who do who support Liverpool, certainly from the city

Like HR said I just hope no Liverpool players get injured but I hope they lose every game and bow out in the group stages
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,980 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #50: Jun 02, 2021 10:03:00 am
      I genuinely thought you were joking when you said you didn’t know why we don’t support Engerland or were on a wind up

You won’t find many who do who support Liverpool, certainly from the city

Like HR said I just hope no Liverpool players get injured but I hope they lose every game and bow out in the group stages

So does that explain your private Pm ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,980 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #51: Jun 02, 2021 11:19:24 am
      No mate that was just you being a wum lad

As you now know I wasn't being a wum because I didn't know. In fact you get called a wum all the time  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,187 posts | 8558 
      Reply #52: Jun 02, 2021 08:44:45 pm

Like literally a page back, a whole thread about England!!

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,18604.25.html
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,980 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #53: Jun 02, 2021 08:56:31 pm

Not going through 130 pages but get your point.   :D
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #54: Jun 02, 2021 09:21:04 pm
      Internationals are just sh*t and should be scrapped. Simply on a sporting level it's no good because these teams spend only about five weeks a year together. How is it possible to forge a style and an understanding with such limited time? And each nation is stuck with what they've got. They can't go and buy a right back so their style is forced upon them by the accidental pool of talent. The CL produces far better teams than the World Cup, so does the PL. Then of course the nationalism stinks, the thick thug fans stink. I never watched any of them since childhood, always want England out as soon as possible to avoid the sickening jingoism, and only hope that Liverpool players escape the nonsense injury free.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,980 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #55: Jun 02, 2021 09:54:41 pm
      Internationals are just sh*t and should be scrapped. Simply on a sporting level it's no good because these teams spend only about five weeks a year together. How is it possible to forge a style and an understanding with such limited time? And each nation is stuck with what they've got. They can't go and buy a right back so their style is forced upon them by the accidental pool of talent. The CL produces far better teams than the World Cup, so does the PL. Then of course the nationalism stinks, the thick thug fans stink. I never watched any of them since childhood, always want England out as soon as possible to avoid the sickening jingoism, and only hope that Liverpool players escape the nonsense injury free.

For the first time in a while was looking forward to watching them play but it was the same old England. Yes it was a friendly but still sh!t.

Certainly think friendlys should be scrapped.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #56: Jun 02, 2021 10:20:07 pm
      I have to disagree with you here. I come from Belgium, a country where there is a strong divide between the north and south (different language, culture, etc.). Patriotism is almost non existent. When it comes to football, our national team used to be utter crap and as a result, very few people cared about it. Then came our so called 'Golden Generation'. With that team came results and people started to care again. Then something amazing happened. Football brought all Belgians together. Not only did it bring unity, but people from all over the country were proud to identify as Belgian again.
      Now, I'm not saying football cured everything but for a time, it really helped.

As for your first point, I believe with time and a manager that has a clear vision, it is entirely possible to create a real team. Just look at the last World Cup winners: Spain, Germany and France. Hell, you could even add the last finalist Croatia to the mix. They all won with a group that was used to play together. It didn't happen overnight and was not only down to the quality of their players (though it didn't hurt).
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #57: Jun 03, 2021 09:48:13 am
      none. Im a motherwell season ticket holder, and very small part owner. ;D

Was a Livingston ST holder until I moved away from the town. Dec was my boy until he left for you guys.

As long as Scotland don't get pumped every game I'll be happy, nice to make a tournament for a change.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #58: Jun 05, 2021 12:21:33 pm
      Was a Livingston ST holder until I moved away from the town. Dec was my boy until he left for you guys.

As long as Scotland don't get pumped every game I'll be happy, nice to make a tournament for a change.

Nice one. my mates wee brother is stephen lawless, I had an early scoop on him coming back to the well after his burton venture. ;D

Aye im confident scotland will do ok, not expecting to get out the group, but you never know, we played well v holland without quite few regulars, so squad is looking decent.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #59: Jun 05, 2021 12:24:49 pm

Maybe from an englanshire point of view. but I know from following scotland it means a lot more to some fans than club football does, certainly for me Im scotland first. But then the tartan army are out to have a good time win lose or draw without strarting battles with everyone else. ;D

Remeber fans of smaller club dont get european football every year, so the european away advenutres mostly come with the countries for the majority of fans.

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #60: Jun 05, 2021 01:20:15 pm
      I must be missing something  :f_doh: Why would the majority of English born and bread Liverpool fans not support England?

Is a bizarre one mate. Seems to be a Scouse thing... but I imagine most English Liverpool fans are still happy to support England.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,424 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #61: Jun 05, 2021 01:28:22 pm
      Is a bizarre one mate. Seems to be a Scouse thing... but I imagine most English Liverpool fans are still happy to support England.

I am not Scouse and I definitely won't be supporting England in the euros
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #62: Jun 05, 2021 01:52:53 pm

I find it more strange “Liverpool” fans who don’t understand scousers antagonism towards the national team
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #63: Jun 05, 2021 02:08:10 pm
      I find it more strange “Liverpool” fans who don’t understand scousers antagonism towards the national team

Us "Liverpool" fans don't understand Scousers at the best of times  ;D  :f_tongueincheek:

What is the big deal then? In brief...
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #64: Jun 05, 2021 02:20:51 pm
      Us "Liverpool" fans don't understand Scousers at the best of times  ;D  :f_tongueincheek:

What is the big deal then? In brief...

In brief ?

You should know
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,187 posts | 8558 
      Reply #65: Jun 05, 2021 02:22:44 pm

No what's bizarre is you not getting the reasons why!!

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #66: Jun 05, 2021 02:35:43 pm
      I enjoy watching the major tournies for the football, not so much as an English thing, but as a summer festival of football and a chance to declare the living room out of bounds 😃

I don’t have an issue if people want their national team to do well and have met older reds born here who also support England and others who couldn’t give a toss. Fair enough.

It’s always nice to see the Liverpool players do well regardless of who they play for.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,980 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #67: Jun 05, 2021 03:31:50 pm

Very  :f_doh: Majority of my Scouse mate supporting them.

Pretty sure in the 80s Liverpool had the likes of Clemence - Neal - Thompson - Keegan - Johnson - Hughes - McDermott - Kennedy  in the squad.  Were you lot!! not supporting them then.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,980 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #68: Jun 05, 2021 03:33:26 pm

I'm a scouser ( in disguised  :P ) I don't know  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply