Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

UEFA Euro 2020

Read 63763 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Euro 2020
      Reply #69: Jun 05, 2021 03:34:43 pm
      No what's bizarre is you not getting the reasons why!!

What do you reckon the split is HR? 50/50?
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #70: Jun 05, 2021 06:38:33 pm
      Very  :f_doh: Majority of my Scouse mate supporting them.

Pretty sure in the 80s Liverpool had the likes of Clemence - Neal - Thompson - Keegan - Johnson - Hughes - McDermott - Kennedy  in the squad.  Were you lot!! not supporting them then.  ;D

Agree mate. Seems to be a minority, but as always... a very vocal minority. Neither of the above chaps have given any reason.  :roll:

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #71: Jun 05, 2021 06:47:34 pm
      Just can't be arsed. Will cheer on the England cricket team and the egg chasers. Mind goes back to john Barnes getting booed, watching england games in pubs and any liverpool player getting the most abuse. Numerous liverpool players getting injured,,the way england fans behave. How many more reasons do you want ?
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #72: Jun 05, 2021 07:21:06 pm
      Just can't be arsed. Will cheer on the England cricket team and the egg chasers. Mind goes back to john Barnes getting booed, watching england games in pubs and any liverpool player getting the most abuse. Numerous liverpool players getting injured,,the way england fans behave. How many more reasons do you want ?

I've been in the pub and seen Scousers shouting racist abuse at our (Liverpool FC) Black African players...

Unfortunately, it happens regardless.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #73: Jun 05, 2021 08:28:04 pm
      I've been in the pub and seen Scousers shouting racist abuse at our (Liverpool FC) Black African players...

Unfortunately, it happens regardless.

Wow,  :roll: :o   I'm been very lucky in life as I've very rarely seen any type of racial abuse.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #74: Jun 06, 2021 07:03:30 am
      Agree mate. Seems to be a minority, but as always... a very vocal minority. Neither of the above chaps have given any reason.  :roll:

Can't be arsed repeating myself, try reading through the thread link I posted further up, other than that you can do one!!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #75: Jun 06, 2021 08:35:35 am
      Never been arsed about England either way. Don’t particularly root against them but don’t support them either. 2018 was a bit different, the football and the good weather brought a bit of a feel good factor but even then I can’t say I was bothered at all when England went out.

As for this summer, it’s probably the least interested I’ve been for a major tournament in general (let alone England wise). Might be given the tough season we had or the fact that restrictions in our lives are finally getting eased. I’ll watch some games when I’m home of course but this summer feels like it should be about other things!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #76: Jun 06, 2021 11:59:46 am
      there are some cracking squads in this euro's, I might actually watch some other games.

England will be doing well to get past quarters IMO.

Scotland as noted previously, ill be happy that we just compete and don't get pumped, getting out of the group would be massive.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,016 posts | 2089 
      Reply #77: Jun 06, 2021 05:58:46 pm
      there are some cracking squads in this euro's, I might actually watch some other games.

England will be doing well to get past quarters IMO.

Scotland as noted previously, ill be happy that we just compete and don't get pumped, getting out of the group would be massive.

I think England have a lot of talent that just isn't being utilised in the right way. Quite frankly, if they don't get past the quarters in what is essentially a home tournament for them, then Southgate deserves the sack. Southgate's 'style of play' has relied on just playing it on the ground. That's it. That seems to be the only instruction and for some reason he thinks that's good enough. Just glancing at this friendly that's on ITV at the moment they're a miserable outfit to watch. Apparent possession and on the ground play but totally impotent. They are incapable of making decisive decisions in the final third. They get there and are swallowed up in a morass of too many touches, one-two-three too many passes that inevitably start going backwards. There's no structure to their play up front which is criminal for a forward line that consists of the likes of Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Sancho. And don't get me started on the defence. The first whiff of potency from the opposition and they'll fold like a pack of cards.

A forward thinking coach of top standard (say Ralf Rangnick) would get a lot out of this England side. Giving off a 'good vibe' in the media as Southgate does, just isn't good enough. He deserved credit after 2018 World Cup and the chance to build on that but there's been no evidence that they have done so. Sad to say, but he's a total lightweight.

As for Scotland - I don't think they will get pumped. Hopefully they try make it hard for everyone they play and see what they can do from there. If they do get pumped or put in some miserable displays/scores then Clarke doesn't deserve to stay in the job. It's no use him keeping his job just because he's the first manager on over 20 years to get Scotland to a major tournament. Scotland has to hold itself to higher standards. Merely playing in this tournament and making up the numbers is not good enough for Scotland. Pumping England at Wembley would be a start.  :f_tongueincheek:

I suppose the one thing that the two nations have in common though is that they are run by governing bodies that readily accept mediocrity. A lot of their support is like that as well in fairness.
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2021 06:17:14 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: UEFA Euro 2020
      Reply #78: Jun 07, 2021 10:54:02 am
      There are too many teams in the Euros these days. Remember Portugal won the last one after drawing 3 group stage games and somehow qualifying in 3rd. It's a bit of a joke. They managed to win it all with one single win within 90 minutes of football.

I used to think of the Euros as that great competition where the level was really high with very few poor matches but can't say that looks like it anymore
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #79: Jun 07, 2021 11:57:55 am
      There are too many teams in the Euros these days. Remember Portugal won the last one after drawing 3 group stage games and somehow qualifying in 3rd. It's a bit of a joke. They managed to win it all with one single win within 90 minutes of football.

I used to think of the Euros as that great competition where the level was really high with very few poor matches but can't say that looks like it anymore

Remember it clearly as they knocked us out -Croatia. We topped a difficult group which consisted of a good Spanish team then got done in the knockout by a turgid playing Portugal in extra time. Agree the increased number of teams has diluted not just the quality but the integrity of the competition. Uefa is only interested in the money and have set the same course for the Champions League.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #80: Jun 07, 2021 02:55:43 pm
      There are too many teams in the Euros these days.

Any system where you can finish 3rd in a group of 4 and qualify seems completely wrong.  I'm expecting a lot of convenient draws in some of the final group games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #81: Jun 07, 2021 08:36:22 pm
      I must be missing something  :f_doh: Why would the majority of English born and bread Liverpool fans not support England?

that alone proves shouldn't be anywhere near this forum
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #82: Jun 07, 2021 08:51:58 pm

Whinge winge winge, moan moan moan says the arseole who compares the animal with Souness & Tommy Smith. Get a life keyboard warrior bully boy.   :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,016 posts | 2089 
      Reply #83: Jun 07, 2021 09:11:57 pm

Oh come on Walt - he's a Man Utd supporter! I wouldn't expect him to subscribe or understand the motives of Liverpool fans and not supporting England (easy for me being Scottish).

Despite all that, he is, like yourself, a good guy.  8) Proof that not all Mancs are bas**rds...so far!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,016 posts | 2089 
      Reply #84: Jun 07, 2021 09:22:13 pm

Euro 2016 was grim. Some of the football played at that tournament would have made Tony Pulis blush.

Nothing tops Euro 2004 and Euro 2008. The former has umpteen memories (Czech Rep. 4-3 Netherlands for starters). The latter had Marcos Senna masterclassing it all the way through for Spain. He was something else.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2021 09:27:31 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #85: Jun 07, 2021 09:54:40 pm
      Whinge winge winge, moan moan moan says the arseole who compares the animal with Souness & Tommy Smith. Get a life keyboard warrior bully boy.   :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

Oh come on Walt - he's a Man Utd supporter! I wouldn't expect him to subscribe or understand the motives of Liverpool fans and not supporting England (easy for me being Scottish).

Despite all that, he is, like yourself, a good guy.  8) Proof that not all Mancs are bas**rds...so far!

come on the guy is a full on inbred tosser. Can you imagine one scouser that would spend a minute on the Manc forum he is a wierdo. He puts emojis on everything to hide is snide comments its just f***in wierd having him here.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #86: Jun 08, 2021 06:11:08 am
      come on the guy is a full on inbred tosser. Can you imagine one scouser that would spend a minute on the Manc forum he is a wierdo. He puts emojis on everything to hide is snide comments its just f***in wierd having him here.

Calling you own kind yet again, isn't it enough that you label Smith & Souness in the same bracket as the biter.,There's more scousers that post on redcafe than mancs post on here. So you don't like emoji then?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Enjoy  :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #87: Jun 08, 2021 09:51:04 am
      Calling you own kind yet again, isn't it enough that you label Smith & Souness in the same bracket as the biter.,There's more scousers that post on redcafe than mancs post on here. So you don't like emoji then?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Enjoy  :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

you keep hiding behind your keyboard little man.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #88: Jun 08, 2021 12:07:03 pm
      I think England have a lot of talent that just isn't being utilised in the right way. Quite frankly, if they don't get past the quarters in what is essentially a home tournament for them, then Southgate deserves the sack. Southgate's 'style of play' has relied on just playing it on the ground. That's it. That seems to be the only instruction and for some reason he thinks that's good enough. Just glancing at this friendly that's on ITV at the moment they're a miserable outfit to watch. Apparent possession and on the ground play but totally impotent. They are incapable of making decisive decisions in the final third. They get there and are swallowed up in a morass of too many touches, one-two-three too many passes that inevitably start going backwards. There's no structure to their play up front which is criminal for a forward line that consists of the likes of Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Sancho. And don't get me started on the defence. The first whiff of potency from the opposition and they'll fold like a pack of cards.

A forward thinking coach of top standard (say Ralf Rangnick) would get a lot out of this England side. Giving off a 'good vibe' in the media as Southgate does, just isn't good enough. He deserved credit after 2018 World Cup and the chance to build on that but there's been no evidence that they have done so. Sad to say, but he's a total lightweight.

As for Scotland - I don't think they will get pumped. Hopefully they try make it hard for everyone they play and see what they can do from there. If they do get pumped or put in some miserable displays/scores then Clarke doesn't deserve to stay in the job. It's no use him keeping his job just because he's the first manager on over 20 years to get Scotland to a major tournament. Scotland has to hold itself to higher standards. Merely playing in this tournament and making up the numbers is not good enough for Scotland. Pumping England at Wembley would be a start.  :f_tongueincheek:

I suppose the one thing that the two nations have in common though is that they are run by governing bodies that readily accept mediocrity. A lot of their support is like that as well in fairness.

Cant disagree with any of this. Although I really dont watch england due to fact I cant stand watching them, really glad theres only 1 red involved tbh. ;D

I scared to get too excited about scotland, we have been playing well, lots of good players, but like england the weak link is the CB's, but with some formation tweaks that can be improved upon. If we can nick a win 1st game, its all on for the england game.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #89: Jun 08, 2021 01:30:35 pm
      you keep hiding behind your keyboard little man.

It's not be doing all the moaning, look at yourself in the mirror and you'll see the problem.  ;)
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #90: Jun 08, 2021 01:35:15 pm
      Cant disagree with any of this. Although I really dont watch england due to fact I cant stand watching them, really glad theres only 1 red involved tbh. ;D

I scared to get too excited about scotland, we have been playing well, lots of good players, but like england the weak link is the CB's, but with some formation tweaks that can be improved upon. If we can nick a win 1st game, its all on for the england game.

I'd like Scotland to qualify, however it looks highly unlikely

Fancy France to win it again, would like Germany or Spain to

It's not be doing all the moaning, look at yourself in the mirror and you'll see the problem.  ;)

Maybe leave it

You two are like two drunk old men having a pop at each other in weatherspoons that everyone laughs at as you eventually take swings and fall in a heap having missed
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #91: Jun 08, 2021 01:39:36 pm

Maybe leave it

You two are like two drunk old men having a pop at each other in weatherspoons that everyone laughs at as you eventually take swings and fall in a heap having missed

Hey don't look at me mate it's bully boy doing all the moaning. He's been moaning at me being on here for years, I've just left him to it until recently.

If he doesn't like the forum rules he can always fcuk off.

Quick Reply