Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

UEFA Euro 2020

Read 63070 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: UEFA Euro 2020
      Reply #92: Jun 08, 2021 02:11:49 pm
      Hey don't look at me mate it's bully boy doing all the moaning. He's been moaning at me being on here for years, I've just left him to it until recently.

If he doesn't like the forum rules he can always fcuk off.

so now a f***in manc decides who uses a Liverpool Forum . You really need to work on your hard man posts. Mind you my ribs do hurt from laughing at your posts . This is a Liverpool FC forum or at least it used to be . Snide little comments followed by your pathetic emojis I bet you have a good laugh with your Manc friends about you posting on here. If you dont understand why Liverpool supporters are not ardent England supporters then you dont belong here so F**k off yourself. you need to read a bit more Voltaire.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #93: Jun 08, 2021 03:12:06 pm
      so now a f***in manc decides who uses a Liverpool Forum . You really need to work on your hard man posts. Mind you my ribs do hurt from laughing at your posts . This is a Liverpool FC forum or at least it used to be . Snide little comments followed by your pathetic emojis I bet you have a good laugh with your Manc friends about you posting on here. If you dont understand why Liverpool supporters are not ardent England supporters then you dont belong here so f**k off yourself. you need to read a bit more Voltaire.

Since where do I state a manc  decides  who uses a Liverpool forum?  Your the bully boy with your consistent moaning me being on here. Your the only one who has a serious problem with it.

Read back your own post  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  So me not understanding why  ( some ) Liverpool don't support England is your reason for me not being on here.
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You'd find a agrument in a empty room with your key board warrior messages.  If you knew what Voltaire meant you'll know you've made yourself look like a Cnut. However, since you look like one that won't change anytime soon.

:tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #94: Jun 08, 2021 03:57:30 pm
      Quote from Dadorious
      Remember it clearly as they knocked us out -Croatia. We topped a difficult group which consisted of a good Spanish team then got done in the knockout by a turgid playing Portugal in extra time. Agree the increased number of teams has diluted not just the quality but the integrity of the competition.

UEFA and FIFA should be praised for opening up competitions to more teams, so that more countries get a chance to compete and win. Compare that to the ESL, which aimed to turn the European Cup into a closed shop. The Euros this year will be a great experience for the nations of Finland and Macedonia, as it's all new to them. Greece went from bottom of the qualifying table who never won a tournament game, to EC winners in 10 years. While Croatia reached the semi finals in their first World Cup. I don't think they criticised the decision to increase the tournament that year. 4 years later, Turkey and South Korea were semi finalists. Australia would never qualify before, now they are one of the first qualifiers for every WC. Everyone has to start somewhere.

In the Euros now, every group game has something on it. Before the last expansion, the same countries qualified every time. There were a lot of dead rubbers in the last group game. Now even if you draw/lose your first 2, you can still get a third spot and a possible qualification spot in your last game. Sure, not every game will be a classic, but that's the case in any tournament. But it's definitely better to be one of the later groups to finish, as you know where you stand and who your next round opponent is, sooner than those in the earlier groups, where you could be waiting around up to 3 days after your last game to find out who and where you'll be playing, or if you'll be playing in the second round at all.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #95: Jun 08, 2021 05:52:00 pm
      Since where do I state a manc  decides  who uses a Liverpool forum?  Your the bully boy with your consistent moaning me being on here. Your the only one who has a serious problem with it.

Read back your own post  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  So me not understanding why  ( some ) Liverpool don't support England is your reason for me not being on here.
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You'd find a agrument in a empty room with your key board warrior messages.  If you knew what Voltaire meant you'll know you've made yourself look like a Cnut. However, since you look like one that won't change anytime soon.

:tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

when you got your Voltaire quote of your sugar puff packet did you even bother to find out if he was the author. An educated MANC is indeed a rare thing finding one who can read just as rare. Keep on with your Emojis your proving yourself to be a true Manc c**t. Your on a par with Rat boy Vermin infecting this world and this forum. I will happily take a ban before allowing you to spout your anti Scouse sh*te hidden by your constant use of emojis.  I will give you this your photo has Manc tw*t written  all over it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #96: Jun 08, 2021 06:29:36 pm
      when you got your Voltaire quote of your sugar puff packet did you even bother to find out if he was the author. An educated MANC is indeed a rare thing finding one who can read just as rare. Keep on with your Emojis your proving yourself to be a true Manc C**t. Your on a par with Rat boy Vermin infecting this world and this forum. I will happily take a ban before allowing you to spout your anti Scouse sh*te hidden by your constant use of emojis.  I will give you this your photo has Manc tw*t written  all over it.

Ning Ning Ning, nang nang nang. Don't you ever give up. You don't need a ban just go on your sabbatical again and do the forum a favour.

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,636 posts | 866 
      Reply #97: Jun 08, 2021 07:48:31 pm
      The few guys I know from Liverpool all support England. The article that I was directed to above included comments, and one from Liverpool pointed out that the majority of Liverpool support England.

Think you Scousers here are a minority.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #98: Jun 08, 2021 08:00:01 pm
      The few guys I know from Liverpool all support England. The article that I was directed to above included comments, and one from Liverpool pointed out that the majority of Liverpool support England.

Think you Scousers here are a minority.

What’s it matter to you ?

I live in the city, the vast majority don’t support the national team, the rest could really care. Very very few actually follow the games

Just saying it how I see it in the city. Most people I know on an international weekend will use to it earn points from the other half by not watching footy for a weekend and going away

But like I say, what’s it matter to you anyway?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #99: Jun 08, 2021 09:29:03 pm
      The few guys I know from Liverpool all support England.

Evertonians then!!
      DanMann

• 5,636 posts | 866 
      Reply #100: Jun 09, 2021 12:46:34 pm

But like I say, what’s it matter to you anyway?

What's it matter to you that Liverpool fans from Liverpool support England?  :roll:
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #101: Jun 09, 2021 12:50:09 pm
      What's it matter to you that Liverpool fans from Liverpool support England?  :roll:

You live in the city?
      DanMann

• 5,636 posts | 866 
      Reply #102: Jun 09, 2021 02:12:01 pm
      Of course not  ;D
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #103: Jun 09, 2021 02:34:01 pm

Ok then, obviously you can’t have the same judgement

No worries lad, but clearly a nothing debate
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #104: Jun 09, 2021 03:17:38 pm
      Ok then, obviously you can’t have the same judgement

No worries lad, but clearly a nothing debate

Is it though?
      When you consider the population of Liverpool is less than one million  so guesstimate at least half are Livepool fans 500,000 + Your social media follows are over 90 million then the on paper it's the minority who don't follow England would be a fair assumption of Liverpool fans.

#justsayin
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #105: Jun 09, 2021 04:49:18 pm
      Is it though?
      When you consider the population of Liverpool is less than one million  so guesstimate at least half are Livepool fans 500,000 + Your social media follows are over 90 million then the on paper it's the minority who don't follow England would be a fair assumption of Liverpool fans.

#justsayin

Where have I said the whole of the Liverpool fan base? Can't you read?

#thickcunt
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #106: Jun 09, 2021 05:00:59 pm
      Is it though?

#justsayin

I suppose a large majority of that 90 million aren't in England either...so why in the hell would any of them support England?

Good lord this is a ridiculous debate going on. I'm a Yank b***ard and even I know why Scousers don't support England. It's not that hard.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #107: Jun 09, 2021 05:59:25 pm
      Where have I said the whole of the Liverpool fan base? Can't you read?

#thickcunt

# :lmao:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,635 posts | 1560 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #108: Jun 09, 2021 09:15:16 pm
      Hey don't look at me mate it's bully boy doing all the moaning. He's been moaning at me being on here for years, I've just left him to it until recently.

If he doesn't like the forum rules he can always fcuk off.

Absolutely disgraceful, I think you need to remember one thing and that you are on a Liverpool football club forum and not a manc one.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #109: Jun 09, 2021 10:01:48 pm
      Absolutely disgraceful, I think you need to remember one thing and that you are on a Liverpool football club forum and not a manc one.

No excuse for bullying tactics regardless what forum your on.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #110: Jun 10, 2021 09:56:36 am
      UEFA and FIFA should be praised for opening up competitions to more teams, so that more countries get a chance to compete and win. Compare that to the ESL, which aimed to turn the European Cup into a closed shop. The Euros this year will be a great experience for the nations of Finland and Macedonia, as it's all new to them. Greece went from bottom of the qualifying table who never won a tournament game, to EC winners in 10 years. While Croatia reached the semi finals in their first World Cup. I don't think they criticised the decision to increase the tournament that year. 4 years later, Turkey and South Korea were semi finalists. Australia would never qualify before, now they are one of the first qualifiers for every WC. Everyone has to start somewhere.

In the Euros now, every group game has something on it. Before the last expansion, the same countries qualified every time. There were a lot of dead rubbers in the last group game. Now even if you draw/lose your first 2, you can still get a third spot and a possible qualification spot in your last game. Sure, not every game will be a classic, but that's the case in any tournament. But it's definitely better to be one of the later groups to finish, as you know where you stand and who your next round opponent is, sooner than those in the earlier groups, where you could be waiting around up to 3 days after your last game to find out who and where you'll be playing, or if you'll be playing in the second round at all.
      This
      spot on
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #111: Jun 10, 2021 11:13:58 am
      Living in Rhyl North Wales, I am realistic enough to realise, the national team Wales have even less chance than England of winning the competition
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1736 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #112: Jun 10, 2021 11:26:30 am

correct
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #113: Jun 10, 2021 10:58:22 pm
      Thoughts from anyone reading about Euro 2004.

I read an article on ESPN recently (think it was written a while back) that discussed Greece's remarkable victory at Euro 2004. Inevitably it discussed the anti football/ultra defensive style of the Greeks but I was surprised to read that it was 'dismissed as one of the worst tournaments in the modern era'. Surely not? Just because the Greeks won it in that fashion? To my mind, I couldn't remember enjoying a tournament more. I recall the Czech's playing some superb stuff. They of course engaged in an incredible match with the Dutch in the group stages. Even England, who bored us to death in World Cup 2006 just two years later, were pulling out the stops. (Probably undone by Sven's complete inability to field the best team as opposed to the best eleven players). I thought their matches against France, Croatia and Portugal were absolutely thrilling! And as for Portugal? I thought they were great - they really turned up with some star performers - Maniche! And they had Luis Figo of course who if I recall had a bit of a tough time until a masterclass semi final. If there's one injustice from that final against Greece is that such a fine player like Figo never got the winners medal in a major international tournament that he so richly deserved. F**k ESPN - Euro 2004 was the best tournament of my lifetime.

Anyhow, here's Larsson's diving header against Bulgaria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8FTDH4AAmo

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #114: Jun 10, 2021 11:10:06 pm
      There are too many teams in the Euros these days. Remember Portugal won the last one after drawing 3 group stage games and somehow qualifying in 3rd. It's a bit of a joke. They managed to win it all with one single win within 90 minutes of football.

I used to think of the Euros as that great competition where the level was really high with very few poor matches but can't say that looks like it anymore

Exactly. It was better than the World Cup in my opinion. But Euro 2016 was probably the worst tournament I've watched quality wise. No offence, but when three of the four UK nations can get to a tournament then you know something's a bit off.

But if a handful of teams can turn up maybe that will be good. I'm backing Italy for this one.

Quick Reply