Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 116723 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,274 posts | 2514 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1700: Apr 07, 2021 04:51:42 pm
      Yea, i think they beat Real that year they lost the final to Bayern, but he may not have beat them in Spain.

From our time with us, we lost the away leg at Atletico and Barcelona. When we played Sevilla in the EL it was in the final only so no away leg.

They beat Madrid 4-1 at home when lewandowski scored all 4. Then lost 2-0 in Madrid and were very fortunate to get through
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,309 posts | 5172 
      Reply #1701: Apr 07, 2021 05:22:05 pm
      I’m sure there’ll be some of us who have had enough of JK. 9 losses in the league, out of both domestic cups and not looking good for number 7. Bring on those comments. I’m looking forward to reading them! I’m sure these people wouldn’t have committed to those decisions JK has made - in hindsight. And do volunteer to be LFC manager when JK vacates.

He has to take some of the blame for last night.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,679 posts | 2709 
      Reply #1702: Apr 07, 2021 08:27:14 pm
      I’m sure there’ll be some of us who have had enough of JK. 9 losses in the league, out of both domestic cups and not looking good for number 7. Bring on those comments. I’m looking forward to reading them! I’m sure these people wouldn’t have committed to those decisions JK has made - in hindsight. And do volunteer to be LFC manager when JK vacates.

£15m a year, yes please, where do I apply 😉
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,287 posts | 2005 
      Reply #1703: Apr 07, 2021 10:33:22 pm
      Yea, i think they beat Real that year they lost the final to Bayern, but he may not have beat them in Spain.

From our time with us, we lost the away leg at Atletico and Barcelona. When we played Sevilla in the EL it was in the final only so no away leg.

Lost the away leg of the Europa League semifinal at Villareal in 2016, 1-0. Then thrashed them at home 3-0 to advance to the team handball final.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,977 posts | 2669 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1704: Apr 08, 2021 12:38:10 pm
      He needs to buy and bring fresh life into the team and remove some dead-weight players.

Come on Jürgen, rise up!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 711 
      Reply #1705: Apr 08, 2021 01:48:26 pm
      Lost the away leg of the Europa League semifinal at Villareal in 2016, 1-0. Then thrashed them at home 3-0 to advance to the team handball final.

Ah yes,  Villarreal. That c**t of a coach celebrating their 1-0 win like he just won the CL. The 3-0 dismantling was a thing of beauty.

That was a very fun run to the EL final that year. Great ties.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,153 posts | 3402 
      Reply #1706: Apr 09, 2021 10:16:26 am
      He needs to buy and bring fresh life into the team and remove some dead-weight players.

Come on Jürgen, rise up!

That proposition requires a cash outlay and since we do not have a sell to buy option, the outlook is bleak.
      We are told by the owners "the money is there" if the situation demands; we are in danger of letting our monumental success of lest season, what more of a demanding situation is required?
      Someone is telling porkies.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,189 posts | 832 
      Reply #1707: Apr 09, 2021 10:33:20 am
      If any player funds were available, it couldn't be spent now anyway. I do think there will be irons in the fire. There will be players targeted for us, and talk on going behind closed doors.
      Loads on here say the Liverpool way is to be discreet about your player signings until they are almost done. Now they want all the details umm front, or believe nothings happening.  Make your minds up !
      Ever the optimist me ! I think we'll see a couple of major signings in the summer, and a few fringe players on the way out.
      Mbappe will be a good start, or even Haaland.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,153 posts | 3402 
      Reply #1708: Apr 09, 2021 06:59:48 pm
      If any player funds were available, it couldn't be spent now anyway. I do think there will be irons in the fire. There will be players targeted for us, and talk on going behind closed doors.
      Loads on here say the Liverpool way is to be discreet about your player signings until they are almost done. Now they want all the details umm front, or believe nothings happening.  Make your minds up !
      Ever the optimist me ! I think we'll see a couple of major signings in the summer, and a few fringe players on the way out.
      Mbappe will be a good start, or even Haaland.

Holding your breath is not advised.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,269 posts | 3447 
      Reply #1709: Yesterday at 10:35:09 pm
      Klopp is not usually out of step but this match up , with the tactics in the first leg.

Then in the second leg taking Kabak off and sticking Fab in defence we lost all intensity -

Not been his greatest tactically.

Quick Reply