Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 450309 times
      glennusmc and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1725: Apr 16, 2021 08:48:54 pm
      I don't know how you could think we would get one of Haaland/Mbappe and be able to keep the current 3 happy.

Are Haaland or Mbappe going to come here to sit on the bench? of course not, so that means one of current 3 sits. After being a key cog of the machine and in his prime years, is Sadio suddenly going to be happy to no longer be a starter? Is Salah? Doubt it. Then what about Jota? He has done very well offensively with some saying he should be a starter and would not be happy becoming the 5th choice up front. The only player of the current 3 who i think would be willing to accept a lesser role is Bobby, in part because of how unselfish he is and in part because he can play CAM in a 4-2-3-1 set up.

If for some reason we were able to get one of Haaland or Mbappe i think it basically guarantees that one of Mane/Salah gets moved on, and i am ok with that.

Of course, the narrative will be "buy to sell" and not "there's no way you can keep everyone happy if you keep all 4 since they can't all start".

Which strikers would be ahead of either Mbappe and Haaland out of our front 3?Firmino who record as a number 9 is a joke or Mane who couldn't hit a barn door this year or Salah who needs about 4/5 chances to score a goal.For me Gini gets more goals than Bobby if he's played in the same attacking role he plays with Holland.If as you suggest we will sell one of our strikers the only one at this moment that will fetch any type of money is Mo and he'd be the last of the three i would sell.We would be lucky to get a mars bar and a packet of walkers crisps for Bobby or Sadio at the moment.

Off of topic what a young man Harvey Elliot is,nice touch tonight after scoring for Blackburn.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1726: Apr 16, 2021 09:31:08 pm
      Even if we were current champions league holders I couldn’t see mbappe or halaand coming .

IF we finish outside top 4 we are more likely to sign billy sharp than those two.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1727: Apr 16, 2021 10:09:25 pm
      Sure, let's blame the guy who played 35-40 minutes over the shithouse defending from Trent with the gorgeous pass to put the Real player through on goal, or a limp-wristed Alisson who could not make a save on the 3rd goal, or our front 3 not pressing Kroos who had all day to time his pass for the first goal.

Aye but all of that a bi-product of 40 minutes of losing the midfield battle. Keita in himself not the problem but in our position with injuries to the back 2 and a right back that you can get behind you want to be playing your 3 most hard working midfielders away to Madrid. We lost the battle and we lost the tie in those 40 minutes.

By the time it was changed it was all too late.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1728: Apr 16, 2021 10:49:01 pm

Where has the supposed interest come from? It's all hearsay & clickbait,  IF Mbappe wanted/wants out he'd head for Spain not Kirby, Nike,  LeBron a Tesco sandwich deal it don't matter we're not signing Kylian Mbappe anyone who thinks we will need to give their head's a wobble,
      He's probably the best on the planet but that doesn't mean he'd fit into any plans Jürgen has going forward,  he doesn't sign players who are centre of attention he signs players that will fit his system and work machine like, Mbappe isn't that type of player!

YNWA

This all day.

Zero chance of the lad coming here let’s be realistic - wages, city (personally love Liverpool), weather, Klopp off in 3 years, transfer fee.

Honestly people get real.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #1729: Apr 16, 2021 11:55:44 pm

Mbappe or Haaland won't be coming here, who is going to pay there wages

Spot on, they will not come

I would replace Bobby with Andre Silva a number 9 in the box good in the air and with feet
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #1730: Apr 17, 2021 04:23:49 am
      Even if we were current champions league holders I couldn’t see mbappe or halaand coming .

IF we finish outside top 4 we are more likely to sign billy sharp than those two.

;D,very true,rumours flying around Jürgen is not happy with FSG,Jürgen wants us to keep Gini but FSG will not budge on the length or wages of the contract,Gini's current contract is around 90k a week(Keita earns £120k per week!) Jürgen also wasn't happy that we didn't strengthen in the CB position last summer and that Jürgen wanted Werner as his number 1 target but FSG wouldn't finance the deal and said we would come back for him next summer then Chelsea signed him.For me this could be true as Jürgen hasn't looked happy this season and this has reflected on the pitch with the team this season,Jürgen should get everything he wants with what he has done for our club and the revenue this has brought FSG and this reflects in the overall worth of the club,to have a sell to buy policy is ludicrous and shows what penny pinchers we have in charge,they should have brought Southampton or Newcastle not our great club.I don't think this will end well and can see FSG sacking Jürgen if we have a poor start to next season.Let the FSG lovers post begin.
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2021 04:31:06 am by weareliverpool »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1731: Apr 17, 2021 07:45:33 am
      ;D,very true,rumours flying around Jürgen is not happy with FSG,Jürgen wants us to keep Gini but FSG will not budge on the length or wages of the contract,Gini's current contract is around 90k a week(Keita earns £120k per week!) Jürgen also wasn't happy that we didn't strengthen in the CB position last summer and that Jürgen wanted Werner as his number 1 target but FSG wouldn't finance the deal and said we would come back for him next summer then Chelsea signed him.For me this could be true as Jürgen hasn't looked happy this season and this has reflected on the pitch with the team this season,Jürgen should get everything he wants with what he has done for our club and the revenue this has brought FSG and this reflects in the overall worth of the club,to have a sell to buy policy is ludicrous and shows what penny pinchers we have in charge,they should have brought Southampton or Newcastle not our great club.I don't think this will end well and can see FSG sacking Jürgen if we have a poor start to next season.Let the FSG lovers post begin.

Keep taking the happy smarties mate, your special  !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1732: Apr 17, 2021 08:02:57 am

Keep taking the happy smarties mate, your special  !

Aussie red sent the happy pills.  :lmao:

Ps. Was you short of breath Billy reading that long sentence  :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1733: Apr 17, 2021 11:36:15 am
      Go ahead and tell me all these teams that have players as good as Jota (who many here think should be starting) as their 5th option up front.

Who are the other 4 options up front then, are you including the wingers?

Anyway I direct you to Man City, who currently have Foden, Aguero, Sterling, Torres, Jesus, plus a plethora of attacking midfield talent as well. They seem to be doing quite well!
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1734: Apr 17, 2021 11:37:45 am

At the end of the day, it’s just a rumour. It’s surprises me that you’ve already arrived at a conclusion based on a rumour. Well, unless you can back those rumours up with some credibility.

I heard FSG is rumoured to be making me an offer to be Liverpool manager for £15m a year. I’m recommending the job to someone on here. And we know who that is.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1735: Apr 17, 2021 11:52:19 am

I heard FSG is rumoured to be making me an offer to be Liverpool manager for £15m a year. I’m recommending the job to someone on here. And we know who that is.

:lmao:
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1736: Apr 17, 2021 02:15:24 pm

You’ve really gone off the deep end  :lmao:
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1737: Apr 17, 2021 02:18:16 pm
      At the end of the day, it’s just a rumour. It’s surprises me that you’ve already arrived at a conclusion based on a rumour. Well, unless you can back those rumours up with some credibility.

I had heard rumors i was the leading candidate to replace Klopp after getting sacked this summer. Those lying bas**rds.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1738: Apr 17, 2021 02:22:46 pm

You’ve really gone off the deep end  :lmao:

Was he ever off it  :lmao:
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1739: Apr 17, 2021 02:30:18 pm

;D. Isn’t he old enough to almost be a senior citizen. What a disaster.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #1740: Apr 18, 2021 09:33:02 am
      Klopp has build a formidable team for us. Now it looks like it may be on the wain, be interesting to see his rebuilding skills. By that I mean, who goes snd who stays
      Be sensible to see how things look after Vvd, Gomez and Hendo are back, but as that’s unlikely to be until next season, by which time the transfer window will be closed again 🤷‍♂️
      So what does he do, trust what he’s got when we can go full strength again, or off load snd replace players anyway ?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #1741: Apr 18, 2021 09:50:14 am
      The team certainly needs re-enforcing even when our injured players return. The question is who is available, in the transfer window. Klopp may well have some difficult decisions to make come the end of the present season !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1742: Apr 18, 2021 10:57:02 am
      I struggle to understand those that doubt Klopp and his ability. I've said this before and shall say again, he's a world class manager and those that question him are in cuckoo land. You've waited 30 years to win the Premeir league and within a couple of years not only does he give you the holy grail of trophies he throws big ears in too.

The man has to work on a limited budget due to tight fisted owners, it's well docemented he didn't get the funds when so desperately needed in a few departments and some of you use this platform to doubt him. When you look at the money he spent (( peanuts )) compared to other clubs what he's done for LFC is quite formidable yet some of you moan like F**k he's doing a bad job with no plan b, bad formations etc etc.

With what must i must presume is a record breaking year for injuries in one season yet he's still got a chance of top 4 is a testiment to how good he is.

When I look at Klopp he reminds me of Pep, that in its self proves how bloody good he is yet Klopp has never had the luxury of having money to burn like Pep did/has at Barc and City. If Liverpool ever get owners like City & Chavs he would be winning Big ears and Premier league more often.

Some of you chaps forget what's happened in the last two season with covid has had as significant bearing not just on Liverpool but many other clubs  too. Unless you have bottomless pits like chavs and city teams are always going to struggle. Too many games in such a short space of time with what I consider a small squad for Liverpool is the only reason you've had so many injuries. All this about training techniques is bullshit.

The freaky/bazaar results will continue whilst covid and no fan based exist. God what I would give to have a manager like Klopp at Old Trafford instead of a manager that's still learning the trade.  :f_doh:

Rant over....
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2109 
      Reply #1743: Apr 18, 2021 12:43:46 pm
      I struggle to understand those that doubt Klopp and his ability. I've said this before and shall say again, he's a world class manager and those that question him are in cuckoo land. You've waited 30 years to win the Premeir league and within a couple of years not only does he give you the holy grail of trophies he throws big ears in too.

The man has to work on a limited budget due to tight fisted owners, it's well docemented he didn't get the funds when so desperately needed in a few departments and some of you use this platform to doubt him. When you look at the money he spent (( peanuts )) compared to other clubs what he's done for LFC is quite formidable yet some of you moan like f**k he's doing a bad job with no plan b, bad formations etc etc.

With what must i must presume is a record breaking year for injuries in one season yet he's still got a chance of top 4 is a testiment to how good he is.

When I look at Klopp he reminds me of Pep, that in its self proves how bloody good he is yet Klopp has never had the luxury of having money to burn like Pep did/has at Barc and City. If Liverpool ever get owners like City & Chavs he would be winning Big ears and Premier league more often.

Some of you chaps forget what's happened in the last two season with covid has had as significant bearing not just on Liverpool but many other clubs  too. Unless you have bottomless pits like chavs and city teams are always going to struggle. Too many games in such a short space of time with what I consider a small squad for Liverpool is the only reason you've had so many injuries. All this about training techniques is bullshit.

The freaky/bazaar results will continue whilst covid and no fan based exist. God what I would give to have a manager like Klopp at Old Trafford instead of a manager that's still learning the trade.  :f_doh:

Rant over....

That it's taken a Manc to say this depresses me a bit. Nonetheless, a fine post and one I agree with 110%
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1744: Apr 18, 2021 02:45:36 pm

The man has to work on a limited budget due to tight fisted owners, it's well docemented he didn't get the funds when so desperately needed in a few departments and some of you use this platform to doubt him. When you look at the money he spent (( peanuts )) compared to other clubs what he's done for LFC is quite formidable yet some of you moan like f**k he's doing a bad job with no plan b, bad formations etc etc.

Rant over....

You’re too smart to support United
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1745: Apr 19, 2021 02:36:04 am
      Watch this space now if this Super League malarkey goes ahead. Our Juergen is a man of principles he shot this down back in 2019 let’s hope the greed of the owners won’t push him to walk after everything this season.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1746: Apr 19, 2021 11:36:07 am
      Watch this space now if this Super League malarkey goes ahead. Our Juergen is a man of principles he shot this down back in 2019 let’s hope the greed of the owners won’t push him to walk after everything this season.
      With a place opening up at Bayern too, who are against it, I feel like out of all the managers in Super League teams, he’s most likely to walk.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,127 posts | 83 
      Reply #1747: Apr 19, 2021 11:55:40 am
      Klopp is just another whore in this business. He's not in Liverpool because he truly likes the club, but he got offered $$$ and choose between A, B and Liverpool, but no way he came to us without $$$. He'll play the ignorant and then will decide as the coins fall.

I don't blame any player, coach or owner for behaving like they do. We fans proved to them we are willing to sell anything for success and treat our players like game avatars. The blame is on us and now it's payback time. And honestly the prospect of a future Football-NFL-like system with salary cap and drafts (which would make it a fairer competition) is not that bad in an any-way screwed situation.

Quick Reply