Trending Topics

Next match: MUFC v LFC [Premier League] Thu 13th May @ 8:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 124525 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1875: Apr 26, 2021 01:33:53 pm
      can't believe people saying kloop is not a top manager... the guy is  one of the best in the game every manager can go thru a slump jeeze.

Tell me how many times Ferguson went through a slump like this calendar year for Klopp, how about Pep, even Maureen never lost this many games against weak opposition, at home.

I'm more than happy to debate my position in a calm manner and just to reiterate, I think Klopp did a brilliant job to get us to winning a CL and the Prem, but there has been a dramatic slump this season and its not just down to two injuries in defence. Our gameplan is wrong, he is playing players in the wrong position, playing players on past performance not current form, making bizarre subs etc etc. It is just mistake after mistake at the moment, so on current form I will say again, Jürgen Klopp is not a great manager, he's not even a good manager at the moment.

Now the next question is, can he turn it around, of course the answer is yes he can turn it around, but will he be able to, I'm not so sure, I think he is far too rigid in his thinking and lacks the ability to adapt. A good example here is Pep who had a winning formula with City, but then last season they were much weaker, despite still finishing a very comfortable second place, Pep then makes adjustments to the system, brings in the correct players and they are utterly dominant again, that is great management, same as Ferguson being able to rebuild teams and adapt tactics multiple times.

The very best managers adapt to adversity, I'm not seeing signs of that from Klopp, yet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1876: Apr 26, 2021 01:35:57 pm
      Blimey that heimdall joker really hates the reds.  :bert:

hmm, what a weird conclusion to reach. I want the team to play better and have identified what I think the issue is, ie management, therefore I hate the team????
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1877: Apr 26, 2021 02:00:02 pm
      Tell me how many times Ferguson went through a slump like this calendar year for Klopp, how about Pep, even Maureen never lost this many games against weak opposition, at home.

I'm more than happy to debate my position in a calm manner and just to reiterate, I think Klopp did a brilliant job to get us to winning a CL and the Prem, but there has been a dramatic slump this season and its not just down to two injuries in defence. Our gameplan is wrong, he is playing players in the wrong position, playing players on past performance not current form, making bizarre subs etc etc. It is just mistake after mistake at the moment, so on current form I will say again, Jürgen Klopp is not a great manager, he's not even a good manager at the moment.

Now the next question is, can he turn it around, of course the answer is yes he can turn it around, but will he be able to, I'm not so sure, I think he is far too rigid in his thinking and lacks the ability to adapt. A good example here is Pep who had a winning formula with City, but then last season they were much weaker, despite still finishing a very comfortable second place, Pep then makes adjustments to the system, brings in the correct players and they are utterly dominant again, that is great management, same as Ferguson being able to rebuild teams and adapt tactics multiple times.

The very best managers adapt to adversity, I'm not seeing signs of that from Klopp, yet.

Right so let me try and work this out.  :roll:

Can he turn your form around? Yes he can!
      But will he be able to?
      I'm not so sure!
      He's too rigid and lacks ability!
      The best managers adapt?

My heads gone  :f_doh:  :spam: I need a lie down I'm dizzy  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,202 posts | 3424 
      Reply #1878: Apr 26, 2021 02:15:11 pm

But will he be able to?
      I'm not so sure!
      The best managers adapt?

Just blank him mate, talks out of his arse.
      Had him on blank for almost as long as I’ve been on the forum.

Ignore those other planks blaming Klopp as well.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 73 
      Reply #1879: Apr 26, 2021 02:40:54 pm

An therein lies part of the problem, as you say Pep brings in the correct players, easy when you have unlimited transfer funds.

Could Pep have won with our players what Jürgen has done? He can't even buy a European trophy despite all the money that he's thrown at it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,968 posts | 469 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #1880: Apr 26, 2021 03:11:03 pm
      Klopp & the players will turn it round next season, we will be back big time.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1881: Apr 26, 2021 03:16:14 pm

But will he be able to?
      I'm not so sure!
      The best managers adapt?

You really have issues with English comprehension don't you Keith. I am stating that yes he can theoretically turn it around as anyone can, but then I go on to say that I don't think he will be able to, is that really so confusing????
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1882: Apr 26, 2021 03:17:41 pm
      Just blank him mate, talks out of his arse.
      Had him on blank for almost as long as I’ve been on the forum.

Ignore those other planks blaming Klopp as well.

Yeah much better to listen to you drone on and on and on about the evils of America and capitalism and our horrible meeny owners who won't give Jürgen an infinite budget!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1883: Apr 26, 2021 03:20:18 pm
      An therein lies part of the problem, as you say Pep brings in the correct players, easy when you have unlimited transfer funds.

Could Pep have won with our players what Jürgen has done? He can't even buy a European trophy despite all the money that he's thrown at it.

I actually think that yes Pep could have won with our players, I rate Pep above Jürgen as a manager. Is it easier with a bigger budget of course it is, but lets not kid ourselves Klopp has had plenty of money to spend on players, in fact some of our purchases were far more expensive than Man City's and our squad values are not as different as some think.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1884: Apr 26, 2021 03:23:37 pm
      Klopp & the players will turn it round next season, we will be back big time.

Can I ask you what makes you think that, is it the fact that Gini leaving will force Klopp's hand. BTW that is another weird one, if Klopp sees Gini as such a crucial player in his team, which he clearly does, why not insist he gets the terms he was asking for???

In all seriousness we can't be worse next season than this one or I certainly hope not, but Klopp has to adapt, he has to adjust his tactics and he has to stop having favourite players, that is the biggest sin of any manager. All great managers share one trait, they were ruthless with players, if a player doesn't perform you drop them, Klopp does not do this, he has far to much loyalty towards his favourite players.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts | 63 
      Reply #1885: Apr 26, 2021 03:30:39 pm
      Look I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how crazy those ideas are

What I would say though is if Jürgen was let go this summer I’d guarantee that should their jobs be available every top club in European football would want him

Fortunately he won’t be available and fortunately most people realise simply how lucky we are to have him
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,968 posts | 469 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #1886: Apr 26, 2021 04:13:13 pm
      Can I ask you what makes you think that, is it the fact that Gini leaving will force Klopp's hand. BTW that is another weird one, if Klopp sees Gini as such a crucial player in his team, which he clearly does, why not insist he gets the terms he was asking for???

In all seriousness we can't be worse next season than this one or I certainly hope not, but Klopp has to adapt, he has to adjust his tactics and he has to stop having favourite players, that is the biggest sin of any manager. All great managers share one trait, they were ruthless with players, if a player doesn't perform you drop them, Klopp does not do this, he has far to much loyalty towards his favourite players.

so many reasons. A summer reset, hendo, VVD, matip & gomez back fit and buzzing, proper pre-season, fans back.

After that, yes some tactics, some new players etc.

LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #1887: Apr 26, 2021 04:50:06 pm

LOL  you really are a piece of work considering all the injuries liverpool had this year any manager would be struggling..  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1888: Apr 26, 2021 05:05:56 pm
      so many reasons. A summer reset, hendo, VVD, matip & gomez back fit and buzzing, proper pre-season, fans back.

After that, yes some tactics, some new players etc.

I really hope you are right, I certainly know we are capable of much better than we are right now and that includes the manager and coaches.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1889: Apr 26, 2021 05:06:30 pm
      LOL  you really are a piece of work considering all the injuries liverpool had this year any manager would be struggling..  :lmao:

I'm fairly certain Leicester had even more injuries than us, next excuse?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,968 posts | 469 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #1890: Apr 26, 2021 05:09:44 pm
      I really hope you are right, I certainly know we are capable of much better than we are right now and that includes the manager and coaches.

For sure.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,124 posts | 3266 
      Reply #1891: Apr 26, 2021 05:21:33 pm
      Look I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how crazy those ideas are

Everyone might be entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't mean it has to be respected or taken seriously.

If someone's opinion is obviously nonsense, they should be called out on it.

Then again, the person you're talking about is the forum WUM, and he now has a new batch of members as an audience to play to.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 73 
      Reply #1892: Apr 26, 2021 05:29:26 pm
      I actually think that yes Pep could have won with our players, I rate Pep above Jürgen as a manager. Is it easier with a bigger budget of course it is, but lets not kid ourselves Klopp has had plenty of money to spend on players, in fact some of our purchases were far more expensive than Man City's and our squad values are not as different as some think.

Given that about 15% of our squad value has been sat in the stands this season the available squad value is significantly lower. Once Pep has consistently won trophies managing a team in whatever league that doesn't have the largest budget and most expensive squad then he can have the respect which that would deserve. Jürgen has now done it in two different leagues.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts | 63 
      Reply #1893: Apr 26, 2021 05:33:51 pm
      Given that about 15% of our squad value has been sat in the stands this season the available squad value is significantly lower. Once Pep has consistently won trophies managing a team in whatever league that doesn't have the largest budget and most expensive squad then he can have the respect which that would deserve. Jürgen has now done it in two different leagues.

I know right

It just gives the impression of a spoilt child

If anyone thinks that the best way to get back on track is to rip the whole thing up and start again then there is no helping them
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,548 posts | 20 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #1894: Apr 26, 2021 05:37:17 pm
      I do wonder about Jürgen's mind at times, trains the players and treats them well, defends every person and takes all the flak .....and then they don't perform ! Missing decent chances ,poor defending , yes I know the injuries have been severe but it's looking like we need a team rebuild of 4 or 5 players with people like Gini wanting to leave and some players very delicate regarding injury . I think we rebuild ( assuming Jürgen doesn't walk ) and things will work out ok
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,124 posts | 3266 
      Reply #1895: Apr 26, 2021 05:52:38 pm
      I do wonder about Jürgen's mind at times, trains the players and treats them well, defends every person and takes all the flak .....and then they don't perform ! Missing decent chances ,poor defending , yes I know the injuries have been severe but it's looking like we need a team rebuild of 4 or 5 players with people like Gini wanting to leave and some players very delicate regarding injury . I think we rebuild ( assuming Jürgen doesn't walk ) and things will work out ok

Sorry to pick out just one part, but Klopp understands that performances fluctuate, that players aren't robots, that they get fatigued, that sometimes they're just not "on it".

It's like the subs thing: most substitutions are planned before a match, according to various scenarios. It's not done on the fly like it was years ago.
      It's a case of "Player A is fatigued, but can do 30 minutes, so if we can we should rest him, but if we are behind, we may have to bring him on."

Now having said that, he was pretty abrupt after the Newcastle match, but he was also right. We had more than enough chances to win it, and it's not the first time it's happened this season.
      He went with a very bold, and positive attacking lineup, possibly to get the game wrapped up so he could rest players.
      It didn't work out like that, so he changes options.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,401 posts | 989 
      Reply #1896: Apr 26, 2021 05:55:37 pm
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,548 posts | 20 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #1897: Apr 26, 2021 06:19:53 pm
      Sorry to pick out just one part, but Klopp understands that performances fluctuate, that players aren't robots, that they get fatigued, that sometimes they're just not "on it".

It's like the subs thing: most substitutions are planned before a match, according to various scenarios. It's not done on the fly like it was years ago.
      It's a case of "Player A is fatigued, but can do 30 minutes, so if we can we should rest him, but if we are behind, we may have to bring him on."

Now having said that, he was pretty abrupt after the Newcastle match, but he was also right. We had more than enough chances to win it, and it's not the first time it's happened this season.
      He went with a very bold, and positive attacking lineup, possibly to get the game wrapped up so he could rest players.
      It didn't work out like that, so he changes options.

Point taken 👍
      shawspeed
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 73 
      Reply #1898: Apr 26, 2021 06:25:33 pm
      I'm fairly certain Leicester had even more injuries than us, next excuse?

And what have they won this season? How far did they get in Champions League?
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 845 posts | 171 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1899: Apr 26, 2021 06:35:42 pm
      He’ll get us back to normal. A few players he wants and less bad luck with key players for the system he plays and we’ll be back challenging next season. Can’t wait for this one to end though 😫

Quick Reply