Trending Topics

Next match: MUFC v LFC [Premier League] Thu 13th May @ 8:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 124526 times
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,201 posts | 402 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1900: Apr 26, 2021 07:30:31 pm
      Got to get his substitutions right taking of Thiago who was running midfield and leaving Mane, Bobby or Gini on was madness, come on Jürgen we need your old self back
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1901: Apr 26, 2021 08:30:53 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1902: Apr 26, 2021 08:32:19 pm
      And what have they won this season? How far did they get in Champions League?

They weren't in the CL, they will ne next year though. They were in the Europa league until quite recently though and they are in an FA Cup final, they went further in the League cup as well.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts | 63 
      Reply #1903: Apr 26, 2021 08:38:31 pm
      They weren't in the CL, they will ne next year though. They were in the Europa league until quite recently though and they are in an FA Cup final, they went further in the League cup as well.

And they’ve got a manager who failed to do what Jürgen did when he was here

They’d also drag their nut sacks over broken glass to ever have Jürgen manage there
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 711 posts | 237 
      Reply #1904: Apr 26, 2021 08:41:59 pm

So what did they win for going further in the league cup then ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1905: Apr 26, 2021 08:43:17 pm
      And they’ve got a manager who failed to do what Jürgen did when he was here

A Manager can't survive on past success, however fantastic it was, just ask Maureen. A manager or player is only judged on how good they are in the current season and by any objective measure Klopp has been very average this season, same as Mane and Bobby, actually Mane and Bobby have been bloody awful this season, certainly this year so far.

Look I really hope Klopp can reinvigorate the team, but I think its more than just a few missing players, its tactics which are being countered by relegation teams, its poor team selections and subs, its just not right at the moment and normally when that happens only a change of manager can change your fortunes, and that gives me no pleasure to say, but I'm just being honest and stating my opinion.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts | 63 
      Reply #1906: Apr 26, 2021 08:45:01 pm
      A Manager can't survive on past success, however fantastic it was, just ask Maureen. A manager or player is only judged on how good they are in the current season and by any objective measure Klopp has been very average this season, same as Mane and Bobby, actually Mane and Bobby have been bloody awful this season, certainly this year so far.

Look I really hope Klopp can reinvigorate the team, but I think its more than just a few missing players, its tactics which are being countered by relegation teams, its poor team selections and subs, its just not right at the moment and normally when that happens only a change of manager can change your fortunes, and that gives me no pleasure to say, but I'm just being honest and stating my opinion.

And we’re all being honest and saying your opinion is utter f**king nonsense
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1907: Apr 26, 2021 08:45:07 pm
      So what did they win for going further in the league cup then ?

What a silly question, I could equally ask what did we win this season? Leicester has a very good chance of winning the FA Cup and they have an even better chance of securing CL football for next season, I'd call that a good season as opposed to ours.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1908: Apr 26, 2021 08:48:03 pm
      And we’re all being honest and saying your opinion is utter ducking nonsense

Yes ok, but I'd prefer if you could expand on that a bit, for example do you honestly think Klopp has earned his money this calendar year, has he done a good enough job in your opinion? BTW its not all down to no fans and missing 2 defenders, a Great manager would adapt to that, ask any relegation manager, they typically suffer far more injuries to a much weaker squad than we have. I'm not suggesting they are better per se but they are more adaptable, that's what I miss with Klopp.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,463 posts | 2169 
      Reply #1909: Apr 26, 2021 08:48:55 pm

Past success, it was less than a season ago for f**k sake
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 591 
      Reply #1910: Apr 26, 2021 09:21:26 pm
      Heimdall has a tendency to reach a broader and more damning conclusion than circumstances really permit.

You don’t have to mix in what I think are some fairly legitimate questions about the way this season has gone with views about ‘top managers’’, Jürgen lacking ‘adaptability’ in his ‘thinking’ or comparisons with Pep where no true comparison exists.

You don’t need to start reaching for these absurd statements to justify a fair criticism of some of the manager’s decisions about team selection or subs; the failure to properly replace Lovren; the lack of leadership shown by some of the less senior members of the team; and the way the side has frankly capitulated in the face of a challenge.

Despite the injuries, the pandemic and other circumstances - some more personal, which are perhaps more difficult to weigh - I think we would all still have expected the team to show a much greater sense of resolution and togetherness to put it right, and to do so swiftly, not to stumble and stagger our way through a season, at times hinting that we might be back, only to lose any chance of actually winning anything and to be at risk of ceding our place in next season’s CL.

That is the shock for me above all else and I don’t think it’s unreasonable that the manager and players take their share of the blame. They will though because you don’t win a league and European cup without feeling a corresponding sense of disappointment when the challenge fades so badly.

Most of the improvement will consist in injured players returning and signing one or two more this summer but at the same time there do need to be a few heads bashed together, some players told to pull their socks up or f*ck off, and yes, crucially we have to regain the sense of resilience and fortitude that has been the hallmark of our success.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 73 
      Reply #1911: Apr 26, 2021 09:27:49 pm
      erm that actually backed up my claim, thanks. LOL

It really didn't 1029 days lost vs 680.
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 335 posts | 30 
      Reply #1912: Apr 27, 2021 02:03:19 am
      I back heimdall. I also believe that the team malfunctions not because of the injuries, but despite. This goes back to last season where we did look poorly after the Covid restart (and we didn’t look like world beaters vs. Atletico either even before Covid) despite having all to play for (points record) and despite having all guys on board. I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it. Is it other teams figuring out Klopp‘s system? Is Klopp losing the locker room? Is there some poison within the team? Did some players loose some ability due to age, burn-out or injuries? Is it just bad luck and a dry spell?

Next season will tell if heimdall and me are right or most of you. I hope you are right, but if not I‘ll be there to tell you over and over and over again. Still - there i differ with heimdall - I‘d keep Jürgen till 2024 no matter what for sentimental reasons. I rather suck with him as coach than win titles with the modern attitude of football where you treat players/coaches like avatars in a computer game.
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2021 05:15:30 am by 0112358 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,727 posts | 4210 
      Reply #1913: Apr 27, 2021 04:47:55 am
      And we’re all being honest and saying your opinion is utter f**king nonsense
      Of course it’s nonsense, but the more people that keep responding, the more he keeps this schtick up.

Don’t feed the trolls.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,249 posts | 3999 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #1914: Apr 27, 2021 07:04:32 am

Stopped reading.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,463 posts | 2169 
      Reply #1915: Apr 27, 2021 08:21:30 am
      I back heimdall. I also believe that the team malfunctions not because of the injuries, but despite. This goes back to last season where we did look poorly after the Covid restart (and we didn’t look like world beaters vs. Atletico either even before Covid) despite having all to play for (points record) and despite having all guys on board. I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it. Is it other teams figuring out Klopp‘s system? Is Klopp losing the locker room? Is there some poison within the team? Did some players loose some ability due to age, burn-out or injuries? Is it just bad luck and a dry spell?

Next season will tell if heimdall and me are right or most of you. I hope you are right, but if not I‘ll be there to tell you over and over and over again. Still - there i differ with heimdall - I‘d keep Jürgen till 2024 no matter what for sentimental reasons. I rather suck with him as coach than win titles with the modern attitude of football where you treat players/coaches like avatars in a computer game.

We looked poorly? As in sick?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,094 posts | 886 
      Reply #1916: Apr 27, 2021 09:51:14 am
      I tried so hard to convince, woo, and hire Klopp right after Brendan, only for meself to nitpick and make him answer and pay for any complacency, and mistakes. When he was hired, he's world class. But when I see signs of imperfection, he's degraded to nowhere near world class. Now that he can't deliver, it's time for him to go? Adopting this management style, makes me always the best man manager. Any trophies won goes to me credit that I hired him. Any poor run in form is his fault. Do not turn around and tell me "but you appointed him", although yes I'm responsible for hiring him. Nobody tells me I'm wrong. I'm never wrong. Since he's not winning games, we should upgrade our man. I look down on any sign of weakness. Which gives me the right to look down on me own foresight in the first place.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1917: Apr 27, 2021 10:11:51 am

It's got to a state Dave when I read /answer Heimy's post I feel like I'm a Liverpool fan coz I'm always defending Klopp.  ;D Do you think he could just  not like Germans  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,401 posts | 989 
      Reply #1918: Apr 27, 2021 10:52:17 am
      erm that actually backed up my claim, thanks. LOL

Maybe read the article a bit more clearly
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,401 posts | 989 
      Reply #1919: Apr 27, 2021 10:53:29 am

So in your “opinion” - who do you want to come in to replace Klopp ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1920: Apr 27, 2021 11:20:33 am

So in your “opinion” - who do you want to come in to replace Klopp ?

Ole  :f_tongueincheek:
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts | 63 
      Reply #1921: Apr 27, 2021 11:36:13 am

Quite possibly

In his eyes Ole would have had a better season so therefore is better

He’s Norwegian so there’s that link

And Ole unlike Heimy has been a Liverpool fan at some point in his life  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,923 posts | 1240 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1922: Apr 27, 2021 11:40:18 am
      Quite possibly

In his eyes Ole would have had a better season so therefore is better

He’s Norwegian so there’s that link

And Ole unlike Heimy has been a Liverpool fan at some point in his life  :D

I forgot about the Norweigian link.  :lmao: Least I can't now be accused of being racist  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,202 posts | 3424 
      Reply #1923: Apr 27, 2021 12:48:21 pm
      Of course it’s nonsense, but the more people that keep responding, the more he keeps this schtick up.

Don’t feed the trolls.

The f**king eejit will be made up with all the replies he hooked.
      Borg
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts | 63 
      Reply #1924: Apr 27, 2021 01:56:04 pm

The league adapted to LFC's diminutive/highly agile front 3 by parking the bus and forcing the forwards to navigate around multiple lines of defense. Same defensive scheme deployed vs. Barcelona's smallish forwards over the past decade.
      For LFC....no height up front to play an aerial game, no elite speed to overmatch defenders in the counter-strike game, no muscle to physically dominate in the box.
      A big, fast guy like Haaland is exactly what this offense needs
      But I dream

What kills me most during this anemic scoring season is how LFC allows teams to get back in defensive position instead of pressing forward. I suppose this is Klopp's way of protecting his undermanned back line from counterstrikes.
      Regardless, lack of goals is the issue, not conceding goals

Quick Reply