Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 447213 times
      0112358, Brian78 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1978: May 13, 2021 04:38:31 pm
      I might

Are there any threads on FSG?

Think so, I never go in them as they are F***ing cu*ts
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1979: May 13, 2021 05:40:21 pm
      Some players have to be sold simply to make room for others. No team is ever going to just add players and not sell any.

Who goes will be interesting as the team needs to continue to turn the team over to younger players who'll be the future of the team.

Indeed.

I can see lots of the fringe guys wanting to leave anyway to get some footi somewhere else.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #1980: May 13, 2021 06:08:35 pm
      Sure we probably won't offload another Coutinho type transfer but it's not needed at this point.

Isn't it?

We need a centre back. We need a centre mid. That's just to cover holes in the squad. That's probably £70m right there for 2 squad players. Half a Coutinho.

That's even before we get to needing to rejuvenate a squad that is a year older and at least one of the forward players seem to be bearing all the signs of some sort of post-covid physical deterioration beyond the natural ageing process.

And that's also before the necessity to move some squad players on that are almost permanently injured so taking up squad places that we need to be going to fit players e.g. Naby Keita, Joel Matip. Add on another say £70m brings us to £140m even before thinking about rejuvenating the front line. That's a full Coutinho right there.

Where are we getting £140m from without selling at least one, possibly two of "the front three"?

Keita has to go this summer, no question. Book value £20m. Real value about £5m, if we can find anyone to take him off our hands (doubt it). At best we might be able to shift him out on loan on some pay-as-you-play deal to a club who still believe he exists.

Ox has to go too. Book value about £15m. Let's say we could actually get that. But there's no jungle drums about him going. Assume not.

Shaqiri is the only player who there seems to be noise about going, and let's say we get our money back, maybe £13m.

Origi is clearly surplus to requirements but can we even get shut of him. Book value about £5m. I can't see anything other than a loan out.

Ben Davies I'm sure will go. We might double our money. Say £4m.

Kostas I can see going. We might get half our money back but I doubt it, maybe a third. Say £4m.

If anyone wants Harry Wilson and he wants to go maybe we could get £12m for him say. A couple of mill for Ojo maybe.

So even if we assume we can persuade some of these lads to leave the club, we're looking at maybe £35m from the squad, without thinking about selling first team players. That'd get us a good squad player. It's the reported fee for a much-needed young CB: Konaté.

That's really treading water. One new CB. Wow. Thanks FSG. With your zero net spend (sponsored by Ferrero Rocher), you're really spoiling us.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #1981: May 13, 2021 06:09:28 pm
      Think so, I never go in them as they are f**king cu*ts

:lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1982: May 13, 2021 06:27:30 pm

Do adopted Scousers count Walton,  I'm Scottish, Glaswegian which is more or less is the same thing, no ? 😁

YNWA

I think we count Glasgow lads as brothers mate same background and upbringing
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,896 posts | 3394 
      Reply #1983: May 13, 2021 06:28:37 pm
      We have no players to sell unless the owners are convinced the likes of Salah and Manè will seek success elsewhere to enable the owner’s sell to buy policy.

We are still short of quality back up which has really fu**ed everything up this season, will FSG loan the club monies to rectify this failing?

It seems bricks and mortar are the only project FSG are willing to back, soccer is not up for consideration.

Origi
      Shaqiri
      Ox
      Grujic
      Wilson

Plenty fringe players that could leave - we don’t have to sell one of the main players
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1984: May 13, 2021 06:46:35 pm

Origi
      Shaqiri
      Ox
      Grujic
      Wilson

Plenty fringe players that could leave - we don’t have to sell one of the main players

FFS I'd at least like to see Grujic be given a chance in the first team, see what he's actually capable of

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #1985: May 13, 2021 06:54:11 pm
      FFS I'd at least like to see Grujic be given a chance in the first team, see what he's actually capable of

Been loaned out more than the local hoe... 😂
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1986: May 13, 2021 06:54:11 pm

To be honest I think the fact he keeps getting sent out and not really standing out shows what he's capable of
      Certainly at our level
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1987: May 13, 2021 08:00:12 pm
      The manager has stated that a number of those players are a part of his future plans.
      Without selling a star player the manager is forced into buying potential.

That number? Is it one?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1988: May 13, 2021 08:11:21 pm

Had a few pre-match drinks.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1989: May 13, 2021 08:17:56 pm
      Have you? Sorry that explains it
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1990: May 13, 2021 09:57:47 pm
      Isn't it?

We need a centre back. We need a centre mid. That's just to cover holes in the squad. That's probably £70m right there for 2 squad players. Half a Coutinho.

That's even before we get to needing to rejuvenate a squad that is a year older and at least one of the forward players seem to be bearing all the signs of some sort of post-covid physical deterioration beyond the natural ageing process.

And that's also before the necessity to move some squad players on that are almost permanently injured so taking up squad places that we need to be going to fit players e.g. Naby Keita, Joel Matip. Add on another say £70m brings us to £140m even before thinking about rejuvenating the front line. That's a full Coutinho right there.

Where are we getting £140m from without selling at least one, possibly two of "the front three"?

Keita has to go this summer, no question. Book value £20m. Real value about £5m, if we can find anyone to take him off our hands (doubt it). At best we might be able to shift him out on loan on some pay-as-you-play deal to a club who still believe he exists.

Ox has to go too. Book value about £15m. Let's say we could actually get that. But there's no jungle drums about him going. Assume not.

Shaqiri is the only player who there seems to be noise about going, and let's say we get our money back, maybe £13m.

Origi is clearly surplus to requirements but can we even get shut of him. Book value about £5m. I can't see anything other than a loan out.

Ben Davies I'm sure will go. We might double our money. Say £4m.

Kostas I can see going. We might get half our money back but I doubt it, maybe a third. Say £4m.

If anyone wants Harry Wilson and he wants to go maybe we could get £12m for him say. A couple of mill for Ojo maybe.

So even if we assume we can persuade some of these lads to leave the club, we're looking at maybe £35m from the squad, without thinking about selling first team players. That'd get us a good squad player. It's the reported fee for a much-needed young CB: Konaté.

That's really treading water. One new CB. Wow. Thanks FSG. With your zero net spend (sponsored by Ferrero Rocher), you're really spoiling us.

You can play FIFA all you want, lad.
      That's not all going to happen in one window.

It's no wonder some of you lose your heads.
      Invent numbers for transfers for half the squad and then dispair at 2 players in a few players sold and a few youngsters out on loan.

But sure if it keeps you entertained fire ahead.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1991: May 13, 2021 11:00:59 pm
      Jürgen looks like he is really back on track  and I cant wait for next season
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1992: May 13, 2021 11:35:23 pm
      Jürgen looks like he is really back on track  and I cant wait for next season

Nailed it tonight after a slow start.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1993: May 14, 2021 09:55:46 am
      Based on recent results, he deserves to keep his job. This is for those who love to be controversial using recent factual statistics.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1994: May 14, 2021 09:59:50 am
      Based on recent results, he deserves to keep his job. This is for those who love to be controversial using recent factual statistics.

We can file this one under

Things that don't need to be said (even with the misplaced sarcasm )
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1995: May 14, 2021 10:07:27 am
      We can file this one under

Things that don't need to be said (even with the misplaced sarcasm )

You’ll be surprised how many posts there are/were calling for exits and benching of key players and staff on the basis of “so you think they deserve to still be representing us based on their current statistics?”

These days, this place is much better. But plough through historical posts and you’ll see people calling for the exits of key players and staff. I’m not lying. Don’t tell me you felt what I said?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1996: May 14, 2021 12:01:19 pm

Yep.
      25 now, he'll kick on now if he's going to.
      If not, he's a good enough player to have a decent career elsewhere.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1997: May 14, 2021 01:42:27 pm
      Yep.

Yup. Porto seems like a good fit for him so far with 21 league and 8 CL appearances. Could make it permanent if Klopp decides he has no spot for him.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,686 posts | 3708 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1998: May 14, 2021 02:08:44 pm
      He's a brilliant boss, keep it up.

What a performance by all the team. He looked happy. Now, he needs to solve his issues with Mane.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 540 posts | 109 
      Reply #1999: May 14, 2021 07:17:03 pm
      I think we count Glasgow lads as brothers mate same background and upbringing

In all my years of travelling south to watch the reds I never saw the city as a hotbed of buckfast.  ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2000: May 15, 2021 07:23:37 am
      Yep.

He’s not in Jürgen’s plans, if he were he wouldn’t have been loaned out again, I’m not sure he can cut it at the level Jürgen wants, hence him plying his trade elsewhere, IMO, he’d suit a Villa, Spurs level side, good player, just not quite good enough, talking of Villa, we could part ex him for Grealish, £50m plus Grujic, decent deal that for me, I’m on the phone to Edwards as we type😀

Quick Reply