Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 449886 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2323: Dec 19, 2021 10:08:55 am
      I imagine he will now be getting a lot of sh*t for it but interesting to hear Jürgen say he won't sign an un-vaccinated player.

Clearly a topic he feels very passionately about.

Fair play to him as well, why have the headache it causes in the camp.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #2324: Dec 19, 2021 10:25:45 am
      When did he say that? I listened to the full press conference the other day and he refused to answer that question twice as he said there was no way of answering it right.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1472337579911651330
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #2325: Dec 19, 2021 10:46:26 am

Fair enough mate

Behind a paywall though, I’d love to see if they’ve misquoted it slightly though as he was adamant and refused to directly answer in the press conference the other day
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #2326: Dec 19, 2021 11:36:35 am
      Fair enough mate

Behind a paywall though, I’d love to see if they’ve misquoted it slightly though as he was adamant and refused to directly answer in the press conference the other day

Most likely!!

Bad barnet Bascombe in the Torygraph talking sh*te again.

Only thing I seen from press conference the other day was Klopp saying if you have the chance to get the vaccine get it. Nothing else
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #2327: Dec 19, 2021 11:57:14 am
      Most likely!!

Only thing I seen from press conference the other day was Klopp saying if you have the chance to get the vaccine get it. Nothing else

I listened to it all the way through, he was asked twice

He basically said

I’ve not thought about that, we will see when we come to sign players again I guess

Then pushed by the next one he said

Why ask me again? I’ve said my answer and if I say more you will say I’ve said it a different way to what I meant

That was it essentially, he absolutely never said in that press conference that he wouldn’t sign anyone unless they were vaccinated
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2328: Dec 19, 2021 11:58:00 am
      Klopp is quoted, " If a player is not vaccinated at all he is a constant threat for all of us" .... "of course" ( whether a potential signing is vaccinated.. "will be influential."

Surprise surprise, Klopp is no moron.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2329: Dec 19, 2021 12:25:54 pm
      Klopp is quoted, " If a player is not vaccinated at all he is a constant threat for all of us" .... "of course" ( whether a potential signing is vaccinated.. "will be influential."

Surprise surprise, Klopp is no moron.

Pity all managers don’t come out and agree with him. Puts pressure on players to do the right thing, many won’t agree but I do.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #2330: Dec 19, 2021 12:43:20 pm
      Pity all managers don’t come out and agree with him. Puts pressure on players to do the right thing, many won’t agree but I do.

Doing the “right” thing is not forcing any player to get vaccinated...

How will a manager face a player that’s got jabbed & then gets Covid.. what’s the point..?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2331: Dec 19, 2021 12:47:56 pm

How will a manager face a player that’s got jabbed & then gets Covid.. what’s the point..?

its numbers mate and you can hedge your bets and see how it goes or you can back a favourite it may still not win but it will do more than a 100/1 shot. You can still get Covid but its unlikely to kill you or put you in hospital unless you have other problems. Dementia and heart disease are still the top two killers.
      Jürgen is a top bloke he is not a prophet or a politician he just tells it how he sees it he doesnt expect to change anyones mind they ask him a question he gives an answer
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2332: Dec 19, 2021 12:53:14 pm

If it helps reduce numbers ( which we know it does ) from being hospitalised then it’s worth it, just my opinion Shabs.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #2333: Dec 19, 2021 12:56:45 pm
      Most likely!!

If he does say things like no vaccinated players will be signed I'll be so F***ing disappointed.

It doesn't stop you getting it, it doesn't stop you spreading it, plus the real test on whether it stops hospitalisation and death is only just coming up between now and march when people generally get sick.

I have absolutely no issue with someone wanting the vaccine, if they really want it and believe it will help them then I'm actually glad they get it to alleviate their worry about the virus. That's what choice should all be about.

But for the others who don't want it to basically be outcast is ridiculous. Surely if it works as well as everyone says, then the only person risking anything is the unvaccinated.

This notion that the unvaccinated have to get vaccinated to protect the vaccinated is just ridiculous unless the vaccines actually don't work as advertised.

Also, they keep saying the unvaccinated numbers like they're a constant risk, e.g there are 5 million unvaccinated people. But they don't go any further and say that a vast number of those unvaccinated (like myself) have had the virus and now have natural immunity so I'm essentially vaccinated but counted as one of the 5 million still.

Surely they should be finding out how many of these unvaccinated have natural acquired immunity and subtracting them from the tally.

People should also be able to prove they've had the virus with an antibody test and have that added to the vaccine passport.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #2334: Dec 19, 2021 01:05:04 pm

What will they be saying when 100% of players in a squad are vaccinated and it still rips through them?

It just makes it all the more crazy when you actually look at it.

It's like the passport and vaccinated people being allowed in without a test but unvaccinated requiring a negative test. Surely that makes the unvaccinated safer in such a scenario.

It also points to the ones spreading it actually being vaccinated.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #2335: Dec 19, 2021 02:19:35 pm
      This three team title challenge can come down to who has the biggest squad. Im worried that our thin squad wont be able keep up in this current pandemic situation. So do we get more players in january to boost our squad? i say lets sign couple of players and try to win the title. City has a massive squad with quality everywhere, chelsea has a pretty good squad too. we maybe have the best starting 11 but our squad wont be able to compete with them. Has me bit worried.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2336: Dec 19, 2021 02:33:56 pm
      All teams register 25 players, or are City and Chelsea somehow allowed to register more?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #2337: Dec 19, 2021 03:10:10 pm
      All teams register 25 players, or are City and Chelsea somehow allowed to register more?

I should try to formalize my sentences better. Im talking abouth depth in squad. So since the january transfer window is here, then we will have to register a new squad. Its because you register a new squad after every transfer window.
      So although we have as many players as city and chelsea, there is no doubt about that city have more depth and so do chelsea.
      Because of the pandemi, we will have players who wont be able to play every game. In my head, as a fan. i think we should get couple of more players to have more depth and quality. So we can win the title.

We have probably players lined up for the summer, why not try to get them early?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2338: Dec 20, 2021 12:44:39 am
      i expect him to get a touchline ban for his comments to Tierney after the game. He is 100% right of course, but since the mikes caught what he was saying the referees assn. will demand something.

That is what I expect their response to be rather than try to, you know, get the decisions correct.

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #2339: Dec 20, 2021 06:27:18 am
      i expect him to get a touchline ban for his comments to Tierney after the game. He is 100% right of course, but since the mikes caught what he was saying the referees assn. will demand something.

That is what I expect their response to be rather than try to, you know, get the decisions correct.
      Yeah I recon a touchline ban will be forthcoming & that old chestnut of bringing the game into disrepute will be rolled out.
      The laughable thing is players & managers can be banned & fined for it but refs who have been bringing  the game into disrepute for many decades  can just carry on as normal without any recourse.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2340: Dec 20, 2021 08:07:31 am
      Yeah I recon a touchline ban will be forthcoming & that old chestnut of bringing the game into disrepute will be rolled out.
      The laughable thing is players & managers can be banned & fined for it but refs who have been bringing  the game into disrepute for many decades  can just carry on as normal without any recourse.

Only people bringing the game into disrepute are the refs, linesmen and var officials
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2341: Dec 20, 2021 12:08:46 pm
      you cannot punish someone for being honest and accurate Tierney has a problem with Liverpool and Klopp. To suggest a player stops on [purpose to get a penalty is just absurd he can stop when he wants it doesnt give the defender the right to take him out. Its this silence from officials after the game that really makes them look inept and guilty. If he came out and said i had a bit of a mare people would applaud him but like most of our Refs he sees himself as being on a higher level than the 22 players on the pitch and the manager on the touchline.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2342: Dec 21, 2021 06:27:14 pm
      "Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has escaped any form of punishment by the FA following his comments regarding Paul Tierney and his controversial performance in Liverpool's draw against Tottenham on Sunday"

Good to see he won't get a touchline ban.

He definitely had a point :)
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,544 posts | 243 
      Reply #2343: Dec 21, 2021 08:16:18 pm
      "Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has escaped any form of punishment by the FA following his comments regarding Paul Tierney and his controversial performance in Liverpool's draw against Tottenham on Sunday"

Good to see he won't get a touchline ban.

He definitely had a point :)

If you do a Google on Tierney reffing Liverpool this season the stats are weird, here's a quick snippet

In 20 domestic games this season @LFC have been issued with 27 yellow cards and one red. 11 of those yellows and the red have been issued in 3 games by Paul Tierney.'

It does seem a bit extreme that over 40% of Liverpool's misdemeanours this season have been punished by Tierney in just 15% of the games.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2344: Dec 21, 2021 08:21:09 pm
      If you do a Google on Tierney reffing Liverpool this season the stats are weird, here's a quick snippet

In 20 domestic games this season @LFC have been issued with 27 yellow cards and one red. 11 of those yellows and the red have been issued in 3 games by Paul Tierney.'

It does seem a bit extreme that over 40% of Liverpool's misdemeanours this season have been punished by Tierney in just 15% of the games.u

We're is the c**t from....
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,544 posts | 243 
      Reply #2345: Dec 21, 2021 08:23:32 pm

Well if you believe Wikipedia over the last couple of days he's a Jewish Man city fan

Quick Reply