Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 451155 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2369: Dec 23, 2021 06:53:27 pm
      Jürgen; “if I had known how special this football club is and how much we mean to each other, I’d have wanted to be here much earlier, this club is absolutely outstanding”

There are three people on this planet I’d love to make immortal, David Gilmour, Roger Waters and Jürgen Klopp, these three I would also be marooned on a desert island with,  with a sh*t load of cannabis plants.

Y  N  W  A
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2370: Dec 23, 2021 08:44:55 pm

There are three people on this planet I’d love to make immortal, David Gilmour, Roger Waters and Jürgen Klopp, these three I would also be marooned on a desert island with,  with a sh*t load of cannabis plants.

Y  N  W  A

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #2371: Dec 23, 2021 09:22:34 pm
      Why are we not allowed to take legal action against vaccine injury if these vaccines are approved..?

Anyway…

Klopp is the best thing to happen to this club in a decade..

Every medicine and vaccine has some side effects, and for some people those side effects can be big but thats very very few people. So whenever you go the doctor and he gives you flu medicine and asprin. there are chances of sideeffects for them too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #2372: Dec 23, 2021 09:50:42 pm
      Every medicine and vaccine has some side effects, and for some people those side effects can be big but thats very very few people. So whenever you go the doctor and he gives you flu medicine and asprin. there are chances of sideeffects for them too.

Right, which is why ultimately every human should be able to make their own decision that they feel is best for them regarding what they put in their body.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #2373: Dec 24, 2021 12:49:42 am
      I think I’m going to go back to the covid thread and talk about klopp.

I was watching the highlights again earlier whilst at work and for someone who picked a weakened team he was so animated and overjoyed at the end.

His energy is contagious.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2374: Dec 24, 2021 03:11:50 am
      I think I’m going to go back to the covid thread and talk about klopp.

I was watching the highlights again earlier whilst at work and for someone who picked a weakened team he was so animated and overjoyed at the end.

His energy is contagious.

Totally agree Bob, it’s one of the reasons I like the f**ker so much.  ;D His smile is just as contagious as his energy, your so lucky to have him, probably even blessed  :D
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #2375: Dec 24, 2021 05:59:44 pm
      Right, which is why ultimately every human should be able to make their own decision that they feel is best for them regarding what they put in their body.

I don't think anyone is saying it should be a legal requirement for everyone to have the vaccine - but equally it should be okay for clubs to prioritise signing vaccinated players over unvaccinated players, make it a contractual obligation as they already do with a number of other things etc.

The clubs spend an enormous amount of money on these players - if the players choose to take unnecessary risks etc then it is fair for clubs to  take action in response ... no different to players ignoring dieticians and drinking loads of alcohol and eating rubbish ... entirely the player's choice what they put into themselves but the club does (I believe) usually have the right to fine / suspend the player as a breach of their disciplinary process
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #2376: Dec 24, 2021 06:10:07 pm
      I don't think anyone is saying it should be a legal requirement for everyone to have the vaccine - but equally it should be okay for clubs to prioritise signing vaccinated players over unvaccinated players, make it a contractual obligation as they already do with a number of other things etc.

The clubs spend an enormous amount of money on these players - if the players choose to take unnecessary risks etc then it is fair for clubs to  take action in response ... no different to players ignoring dieticians and drinking loads of alcohol and eating rubbish ... entirely the player's choice what they put into themselves but the club does (I believe) usually have the right to fine / suspend the player as a breach of their disciplinary process

If there’s a reasonable option (daily testing, proof of prior infection) I don’t see why they should be forced to vaccinate if they don’t want to. That’s just what I believe personally and nothing anyone says will likely sway my opinion.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #2377: Dec 24, 2021 06:42:40 pm

Being vaccinated does not stop players from getting infected and having to sit out games as we have learned with 3 of our key players missing games. If the league said "vaccinated players don't have to test unless showing symptoms but unvaccinated players do", then a club could more easily make the case that having an unvaccinated player poses a larger risk of them missing games, but currently there's no difference between the two. My understanding is none of Virgil, Fabinho and Thiago had any symptoms and the only one who did, Hendo, had a cold.

Many are ok with discriminating towards players (and people in general) who make a personal decision not to take the vaccine, which is a sad state of our society.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2378: Dec 25, 2021 10:11:34 pm
      watched Jurgens Christmas message on Youtube he is so inspirational by just being himself .
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #2379: Dec 26, 2021 02:39:59 pm
      Being vaccinated does not stop players from getting infected and having to sit out games as we have learned with 3 of our key players missing games. If the league said "vaccinated players don't have to test unless showing symptoms but unvaccinated players do", then a club could more easily make the case that having an unvaccinated player poses a larger risk of them missing games, but currently there's no difference between the two. My understanding is none of Virgil, Fabinho and Thiago had any symptoms and the only one who did, Hendo, had a cold.

Many are ok with discriminating towards players (and people in general) who make a personal decision not to take the vaccine, which is a sad state of our society.

The argument for getting vaccinated is that it makes it much less likely that the player ends up on the sidelines for weeks / months with long covid. The vaccinations do not stop mild infections but they are effective in preventing more serious infections that are putting people in hosptial for weeks. Most professional players already have a whole string of lifestyle conditions wirtten into their contracts - things that ordinary people can do but they cannot - I'm surprised that this isn't one of them. I'm not saying that it should be a legal requirement but I don't think it's unreasonable for clubs to write it into contracts
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2380: Dec 27, 2021 12:00:07 am
      watched Jurgens Christmas message on Youtube he is so inspirational by just being himself .

You know hes a gem when other fans admit they love him or say they hate him but respect   him etc....they all want him to be theirs
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2381: Dec 28, 2021 11:47:25 pm
      MAybe Jürgen needs to draw back on commenting on things in the EPL and concentrate on LFC. He is starting to get some negative media and we dont need it the media love to have a pop at LFC so no need to give them any ammunition.
      Even Jürgen seemed lost to understand that tonight. Interestingly all the stats looked like a perfect game other than score line which proves that over reliance on Stats isnt a good thing what we saw with our eyes was enough to know we are not playing well and we needed this reality check
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2382: Dec 29, 2021 10:03:33 am
      MAybe Jürgen needs to draw back on commenting on things in the EPL and concentrate on LFC. He is starting to get some negative media and we dont need it the media love to have a pop at LFC so no need to give them any ammunition.

To be fair, all of the best managers love or loved a moan. Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho all used to do the same even when they were at the peak of their powers. When you lose you obviously come across as a sore loser, but as a winner and a top manager you should be questioning every decision from referees or governing bodies that appears to go against you. At the end of the day you're employed by one club and your job is to fight tooth and nail for them. Wether or not you come across as a nice person in the media or eyes of opposition supporters is irrelevant. Klopp will be fully aware that he's rubbing people up the wrong way but he's doing it solely to try and benefit Liverpool
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2383: Dec 29, 2021 10:39:51 am
      but he is attacking how football has been played in this Country for Generations and its the foreign managers who also do this and its not a good look. After last nights performance his argument is a bit moot having had a good break we looked awful. Its also bringing negativity to the club which is never a good thing.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #2384: Dec 29, 2021 11:00:26 am
      but he is attacking how football has been played in this Country for Generations and its the foreign managers who also do this and its not a good look. After last nights performance his argument is a bit moot having had a good break we looked awful. Its also bringing negativity to the club which is never a good thing.

I agree mate, as much as a I love Klopp, I just want his views on our football performances & what we he will tell the board what this team needs right now as reinforcements.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #2385: Dec 29, 2021 11:24:00 am
      What hope does he have when even his own misinterpret what he’s trying to say  :-\
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #2386: Dec 29, 2021 11:39:24 am

Just because it's been like this for generations doesn't make it right

And I'm pretty sure it's not just the 'foreign' managers who have criticised the schedule either.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #2387: Dec 29, 2021 11:46:55 am
      I think there is a fine line he has to walk. Moaning about something that’s not going to change just gives the players an excuse for poor performances. Even though as Walt said, we actually got the break Jürgen wanted inadvertently and it obviously didn’t help.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #2388: Dec 29, 2021 11:49:14 am
      but he is attacking how football has been played in this Country for Generations and its the foreign managers who also do this and its not a good look.

Neither is everything we do in this country is done in the correct way. We are talkng about the FA ffs!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2389: Dec 29, 2021 12:28:37 pm
      A lot of the things he says make sense though, even if it rubs ppl up the wrong way, he’s not saying stuff so he can take any credit he’s says it to benefit the game, the five sub request for example makes complete sense, PepG agrees so to will Tuchel and others, the only one’s who disagree are those who feel 5 subs would  only benefit those with larger a squad, which Is kind of futile because large squad or not you can still have two extra subs so therefore have the capacity to rest players who need resting or introduce younger players into your system,

Like other managers he retains the right to voice his opinion if he feels a injustice has impacted on his team, a player or a incident on the pitch, again even if others think he’s just having a moan, those self same ppl would most probably say the same if they had the bollocks to say so, he won’t but I’m betting he would love to say what he really feels, especially to those with authority such as the FA, the PGMOL, UEFA, FIFA, VAR Tossers etc.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #2390: Dec 29, 2021 01:50:43 pm
      Shame to see people think Jürgen should be keeping quiet about fixture congestion and player welfare. Only important voices like his and the other top managers in the league are likely to ever lead to change so we should be backing him at all costs really.

He’s just looking out for the club like he has done from the day he signed for us.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #2391: Dec 29, 2021 01:53:39 pm
      Shame to see people think Jürgen should be keeping quiet about fixture congestion and player welfare. Only important voices like his and the other top managers in the league are likely to ever lead to change so we should be backing him at all costs really.

He’s just looking out for the club like he has done from the day he signed for us.

Bang on, shame really all it takes is one loss for some to jump on the bandwagon

Jürgen has fought for us since the day he walked through the door and will have my 100% backing until the day he walks back out of it

The overall point he is making is for overall welfare of players and the game, yes I’d expect some other fans to turn his words around or the press to twist them, but our own fans?
      Sad times

Quick Reply