Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 449237 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2392: Dec 29, 2021 02:00:55 pm
      Don't think the break, or lack of one, or Jürgen talking about it, is a big deal just imho.
      And don't think it had any relevance on the match last night.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2393: Dec 29, 2021 02:09:57 pm
      Don't think the break, or lack of one, or Jürgen talking about it, is a big deal just imho.
      And don't think it had any relevance on the match last night.

Agreed. Generally whatever it is he is talking about, it's because he's been asked a question about it. If he declines to comment it will get twisted and spun as not caring, if he comments then he's talking too much. Either way, can't please everyone.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2394: Dec 29, 2021 02:17:25 pm
      Neither is everything we do in this country is done in the correct way. We are talkng about the FA ffs!!

thats not the point boxing day football or new year down are Southampton are special days and lots of people have time off with the families then. Just because its old doesnt mean its wrong and if we had a bigger squad it wouldnt be such an issue. A Lot of players just had a good week or more off and it didnt help us last night.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2395: Dec 29, 2021 02:37:41 pm
      Bang on, shame really all it takes is one loss for some to jump on the bandwagon

Jürgen has fought for us since the day he walked through the door and will have my 100% backing until the day he walks back out of it

The overall point he is making is for overall welfare of players and the game, yes I’d expect some other fans to turn his words around or the press to twist them, but our own fans?
      Sad times

Settle down,  no one is twisting his words. If you don’t think that players feed off of the words of their boss then you must have missed the point of why we have Jürgen in the first place.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #2396: Dec 29, 2021 02:40:05 pm
      Settle down,  no one is twisting his words. If you don’t think that players feed off of the words of their boss then you must have missed the point of why we have Jürgen in the first place.

If you think he talks to them through the press I think you have mate

If you think he’s just moaning about not resting now and not the bigger picture of player welfare and standard then, yes you’re twisting his words, or misunderstanding them
      You choose which

I guarantee you that if you sat Jürgen down and asked him if he was just moaning because there’s too much football at this time of year, he’d tell you that you had misunderstood his intentions

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2021 02:56:05 pm by Redman7804 »
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #2397: Dec 29, 2021 07:06:53 pm
      Klopp will only be fully appreciated by everyone once he's gone. IMO we've no right to be competing with City if you look at wage bills etc and Jürgen had has us up with them for the last four or so years. Man Utd have spent a lot more than us and are nowhere near.
      Look at old league tables teams lost a lot more games and won leagues, great managers like Paisley and Ferguson never had the unfair playing field that Jürgen has had to deal with up against City. I think the guy is probably our best ever manager, we'd have a few more league titles if not for City but level playing field it ain't.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2398: Dec 29, 2021 09:09:32 pm
      Klopp will only be fully appreciated by everyone once he's gone.

I think you will find plenty of us saying that when Klopp leaves we could be screwed if FSG continue running things the same way they have been (tight financially).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2399: Dec 30, 2021 01:55:03 pm
      I think Jürgen is not only appreciated but very much loved and whatever FSG pay him its not enough because he has given them a very easy ride since he has been here and what happens after he leaves doesnt even bare thinking about
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #2400: Dec 30, 2021 02:16:37 pm
      I think Jürgen is not only appreciated but very much loved and whatever FSG pay him its not enough because he has given them a very easy ride since he has been here and what happens after he leaves doesnt even bare thinking about

Quick look.., Hodgson’s short era once Klopp leaves..
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2401: Dec 30, 2021 04:04:40 pm
      Quick look.., Hodgson’s short era once Klopp leaves..

We will be a much better proposition to managers than when Woy came on board.

We should have the pick of the worlds top managers when Jürgen goes but whoever comes in has a massive job on their hands because he’s the best around.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2402: Dec 30, 2021 04:07:24 pm
      We will be a much better proposition to managers than when Woy came on board.

We should have the pick of the worlds top managers when Jürgen goes but whoever comes in has a massive job on their hands because he’s the best around.

The worlds best managers won’t be able to cope on Klopps budget

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #2403: Dec 30, 2021 04:30:12 pm
      It is a miracle what Jürgen Klopp has achieved under FSG. No manager will deliver like Klopp on his budget.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #2404: Dec 30, 2021 04:41:53 pm
      The worlds best managers won’t be able to cope on Klopps budget

The worlds best manager is Klopp and he is coping

It’s only the likes of Pep or Maureen that need unlimited money - the likes of Ten Hag would have no issues jumping into the job and working under the same model
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #2405: Dec 30, 2021 05:57:37 pm

It’s only the likes of Pep or Maureen that need unlimited money - the likes of Ten Hag would have no issues jumping into the job and working under the same model

Or someone like Pocchetino.

Klopp is a one off, I'm sure everyone agrees with that and is not in question, but to say no one else could work under the current model is plain silly.

CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2406: Dec 30, 2021 06:05:13 pm
      Poor Jürgen, only having the best goalie in the world, the best CB in the world, the best DM in the world, the best RW/player in the world on his team. It's unbelievable he can manage to win a game with that squad. 
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2407: Dec 30, 2021 06:05:43 pm

I'd be all in on Ten Hag. I like Nagelsmann as well but he's likely at Bayern for the long haul.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2408: Dec 30, 2021 06:06:03 pm

Klopp is a one off, I'm sure everyone agrees with that and is not in question, but to say no one else could work under the current model is plain silly.

Once he goes to United this summer he's off the candidate list, though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2409: Dec 30, 2021 07:15:10 pm

I think people are worried that no one else can work against City and Chelsea’s unlimited check book but Klopp and I think it’s a perfectly reasonable assertion.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #2410: Dec 30, 2021 07:38:15 pm
      I think people are worried that no one else can work against City and Chelsea’s unlimited check book but Klopp and I think it’s a perfectly reasonable assertion.

The worry of the unknown I totally get mate but it's when people make silly statements that no one on earth could possibly be successful under our system that I find over the top.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #2411: Dec 30, 2021 07:39:17 pm
      Quote from Redman7804
      Bang on, shame really all it takes is one loss for some to jump on the bandwagon

Jürgen has fought for us since the day he walked through the door and will have my 100% backing until the day he walks back out of it

The overall point he is making is for overall welfare of players and the game

He's fighting a battle he can't win.

I see all the reasons for the arguments he makes and understand them all, but this is football in England. You don't get to make 5 subs per game, you don't get 3 days to recover after every match, and you don't have a nice 6 week long Christmas break for all your injuries to clear up. There's no point complaining about it, that's the challenge of this league (and it's cup competitions) so you've no choice but to get on with it and make the best you can of it. This league is a relentless endurance test, the strongest survive and the weakest sink. It's been that way since the late 1800's, and no matter how nicely or repeatedly you ask, it's never ever going to change.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2412: Dec 30, 2021 07:41:43 pm
      The worry of the unknown I totally get mate but it's when people make silly statements that no one on earth could possibly be successful under our system that I find over the top.

Well the fact is we had two managers that couldn’t, argument could be made Kenny was never the long term answer, but Brendan obviously couldn’t. So while there may be some managers out there that might be able to replicate what Klopp is doing, so far he’s the only one to have made it work. Not only here but also at Dortmund. They’ve been good since he left but I wouldn’t say dominant and they really haven’t won any top honors (maybe I’m forgetting something though)? And they have some of the most exciting players in the world the last few years.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #2413: Dec 30, 2021 07:53:26 pm

I see all the reasons for the arguments he makes and understand them all, but this is football in England. You don't get to make 5 subs per game, you don't get 3 days to recover after every match, and you don't have a nice 6 week long Christmas break for all your injuries to clear up. There's no point complaining about it, that's the challenge of this league (and it's cup competitions) so you've no choice but to get on with it and make the best you can of it. This league is a relentless endurance test, the strongest survive and the weakest sink. It's been that way since the late 1800's, and no matter how nicely or repeatedly you ask, it's never ever going to change.

Guess you don’t listen either then

He’s talking in the current pandemic world not generally
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #2414: Dec 30, 2021 07:55:04 pm

Klopp is talking about during a Covid hit campaign where multiple teams are losing players

Quick Reply