Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 471382 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2668: Mar 22, 2022 12:35:02 am
      Wow this man has made us all believe.  Love you Boss.

Let's count them down 1 at a time!!

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #2669: Mar 22, 2022 06:33:26 pm
      As for Hamann, he was also comparing Klopp's record with Rodgers after his first 2 years in charge, arguing why it wasn't any better.

If you ignore last season, we have lost a total of 6 league games since the start of 2018-19, all away from home.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #2670: Mar 23, 2022 02:34:42 pm
      As for Hamann, he was also comparing Klopp's record with Rodgers after his first 2 years in charge, arguing why it wasn't any better.

If you ignore last season, we have lost a total of 6 league games since the start of 2018-19, all away from home.

Thank F**k he didn't mention Rafa in anyway!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2671: Mar 29, 2022 02:56:47 am
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #2672: Mar 29, 2022 07:35:37 am

Eagerly anticipating being told we shouldn’t break our wage structure for Jürgen because there are other options out there and he’s not a miracle worker!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #2673: Mar 29, 2022 09:15:53 am

Would be the best contract extension in Liverpool’s history! That source is F***ing terrible but I can imagine conversations are happening.

I also think players like Salah would sign their contract if Klopp commits too.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2674: Mar 29, 2022 09:45:44 am
      Would be brilliant if true.

Is this the actual carrot salah is wanting and not the money after all?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #2675: Mar 29, 2022 10:17:24 am
      At risk of being a negative tw*t, I really don't see it happening.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #2676: Mar 29, 2022 12:59:12 pm
      At risk of being a negative tw*t, I really don't see it happening.

That’s already negative. Or just managing your expectations… In any case, he’d leave when he feels like it.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 452 
      Reply #2677: Mar 29, 2022 01:11:47 pm
      I have a feeling he may stay on but I thought Mo would sign a new contract too so it's all guesswork.

Depends perhaps on if there's unfinished business.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #2678: Mar 29, 2022 01:52:34 pm
      Would be great if Jürgen signs an extension. It's all really up to him anyway on whether he stays or goes after 2024. If he wants to stay longer the team will give him the contract.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #2679: Mar 29, 2022 03:55:55 pm
      Would love nothing more for this too be true but anyone who’s surname ends in wakoff has to be takin the piss.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2680: Mar 29, 2022 04:34:00 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,690 posts | 7160 
      Reply #2681: Mar 30, 2022 10:50:09 pm
      just watching an interview about the Boot Room and his tenure. He pisses me off this German comes here and turns out to be a better Scouser than I am.
      He talks about the boot room and his new Boot Room reloaded. Can you see this man going to another club he fits perfectly into the city and our culture even more than the club. When Bill came in 59 he knew if he got the city behind him he could do great things here and somehow more than 50 years later we have a German come in and he understands the club as well as anyone who was born in our city. I really want us to succeed not for me who has seen so much but for him and our younger fans these are very very special times and we need to really enjoy every moment
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2682: Apr 04, 2022 09:58:49 pm
      When I started out following the reds the trophies just kept coming, it was great but I was too young to get the full enjoyment of it. At 12 our last league title would arrive, never thought id have a wait of 30 years for the next one.

In that time we won an FA cup, was big then, and gave the feeling that something big was just around the corner..2 of the worst seasons ever followed..Roy Evans came in. The league cup win had me thinking the good times are just around the corner, but despite some lovely football the good times didnt come back

Enter Gerard. Probably the bleakest point of my time, to that point. Then bang 2001 yes now your talking trophies, were back. A few more cups over the next couple of seasons was nice but still not getting there....

Enter Rafa, boom, heaven European cup bagged....now were back, FA cup and title challenges, anytime now the league will be back, but then bang, cock owners ruin it...I should have known. Enter Hodgson, now officially the worst time of my tenure as a supporter......

Out go the knob owners out goes Roy, in comes the king, in comes a cup, hang on that didnt take long....boom, the king is out, are these more knob owners? Rodgers comes in, hmm give him a chance.....lovely football, nearly pulls it off, failure to take what you have stops him ending the famine.....out he goes..........

Enter this man.......really, words cant be found. Everything about him and what he has done.... Another European cup and then the holy grail, he ends the famine and in style. This month he brings us a European cup quarter final, and all going well a semi ginal. He brings us an FA cup semi final and he brings us a potential title decider. Weeks after bagging the league cup.

No matter what we end up its just a pleasure to be on this journey again, here we go gathering cups (maybe ) in May. Some still like a moan about things. Just enjoy living in this moment. Enjoy what this man has brought and is bringing. Take it from the likes of me who had it, thought it was a given, seen it taken away, thought it might never be back and now hear it is, the good times going for the league, going for the European cup,, the FA cup and the league cup already secured.

All down to this man.....7 weeks to go, lets get full on behind him and the lads....Enjoy the ride

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Apr 04, 2022 10:05:50 pm by Brian78 »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #2683: Apr 04, 2022 10:05:37 pm
      When I started out following the reds the trophies just kept coming, it was great but I was too young to get the full enjoyment of it. At 12 our last league title would arrive, never thought id have a wait of 30 years for the next one.

In that time we won an FA cup, was big then, and gave the feeling that something big was just around the corner..2 of the worst seasons ever followed..Roy Evans came in. The league cup win had me thinking the good times are just around the corner, but despite some lovely football the good times didnt come back

Enter Gerard. Probably the bleakest point of my time, to that point. Then bang 2001 yes now your talking trophies, were back. A few more cups over the next couple of seasons was nice but still not getting there....

Enter Rafa, boom, heaven European cup bagged....now were back, FA cup and title challenges, anytime now the league will be back, but then bang, cock owners ruin it...I should have known. Enter Hodgson, now officially the worst time of my tenure as a supporter......

Out go the knob owners out goes Roy, in comes the king, in comes a cup, hang on that didnt take long....boom, the king is out, are these more knob owners? Rodgers comes in, hmm give him a chance.....lovely football, nearly pulls it off, failure to take what you havestops him ending the famine.....out he goes..........

Enter this man.......really, words cant be found. Everything about him and what he has done.... Another European cup and then the holy grail, he ends the famine and in style. This month he brings us a European cup quarter final, and all going well a semi ginal. He brings us an FA cup semi final and he brings us a potential title decider. Weeks after bagging the league cup.

No matter what we end up its just a pleasure to be on this journey again, here we go gathering cups (maybe ) in May. Some still like a moan about things. Just enjoy living in this moment. Enjoy what this man has brought and is bringing. Take it from the likes of me who had it, thought it was a given, seen it taken away, thought it might never be back and now hear it is, the good times going for the league, going for the European cup,, the FA cup and the league cup already secured.

All down to this man.....7 weeks to go, lets get full on behind him and the lads....Enjoy the ride

YNWA

Even if we end up with just the league cup this season, I’ll be so proud of this team and the greatest manager in the modern era. I love everything about him and pinch myself sometimes that he manages Liverpool.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #2684: Apr 05, 2022 05:28:28 pm
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #2685: Apr 05, 2022 10:02:30 pm
      About the only area where Jürgen wasn't perfect was his use of subs, but now he's getting that right as well. Those 3 subs on 60 minutes got us back in control tonight just when Benfica were threatening to turn the game. We went from defending our box under a lot of pressure to squeezing them in their own half pretty much immediately.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2686: Apr 05, 2022 10:12:43 pm
      About the only area where Jürgen wasn't perfect was his use of subs, but now he's getting that right as well. Those 3 subs on 60 minutes got us back in control tonight just when Benfica were threatening to turn the game. We went from defending our box under a lot of pressure to squeezing them in their own half pretty much immediately.

Deffo, Mo was constantly giving away the ball, Thiago looked off the boil at that point just getting a yellow, Mane a bit tired - the three that came on made a difference and we got things back under control.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #2687: Apr 05, 2022 10:28:05 pm
      Deffo, Mo was constantly giving away the ball, Thiago looked off the boil at that point just getting a yellow, Mane a bit tired - the three that came on made a difference and we got things back under control.

Think that Thiago yellow may cost him his place against City. He was great first half but he had a big head start on the Benfica guy and just did not fancy tracking him back. Whether it was tiredness or laziness, don't think Jürgen will have been overly impressed to see it.

Mo was off it all game. Sadio could probably have stayed on to be honest, but fresh legs still made sense, and keeping Diaz on out of the 3 of them was obviously the right decision.

Jürgen's definitely been quicker with the subs when we need to change it up this season. (Having more players fit than usual, plus Diaz in the squad, does give him better options than he might have had in the past right enough.)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2688: Apr 05, 2022 10:30:06 pm
      Think that Thiago yellow may cost him his place against City. He was great first half but he had a big head start on the Benfica guy and just did not fancy tracking him back. Whether it was tiredness or laziness, don't think Jürgen will have been overly impressed to see it.

Mo was off it all game. Sadio could probably have stayed on to be honest, but fresh legs still made sense, and keeping Diaz on out of the 3 of them was obviously the right decision.

Jürgen's definitely been quicker with the subs when we need to change it up this season. (Having more players fit than usual, plus Diaz in the squad, does give him better options than he might have had in the past right enough.)

Thiago is probably the first name on the tram sheet
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #2689: Apr 05, 2022 10:42:56 pm
      Thiago is probably the first name on the tram sheet

Would have said he was starting too, after his first half performance. But, like I say, he seemed to run out of steam badly early in the 2nd half. And Jürgen likes his players to be able to run hard for 90 minutes. It's a close call between him and Keita. Usually I'd prefer Thiago, but I think he picked a bad moment to look tired, especially with Naby getting stronger the longer the game went on.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #2690: Apr 11, 2022 08:48:44 pm
      His missus in the background dancing away to his new song, I don't see him leaving anytime soon, even she loves the reds!!

https://twitter.com/Johnjohano1983/status/1513457157936762881

Quick Reply