Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 431276 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3059: Sep 28, 2022 07:38:52 am
      Steady on mate. Fair enough to state Klopps the more complete manager due to working off a shoestring, but calling him overrated? Not many managers get consecutive league titles with multiple clubs across the top 3-4 leagues in Europe. Throw in a couple of cups, champions leagues and records for most consecutive games won in each of the leagues he’s managed in, and he’s going down as one of the most successfully managers of all time. You don’t have to like the guy or mafiosos his teams represents, but you have to take your hat off that his teams play mesmerising football at times.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #3060: Sep 28, 2022 11:46:42 am
      If we had got Pep and they had Klopp. Not sure Pep would suit us, bit unemotional. He's gifted, insightful, but the gut feeling is intense respect and his mastery of tactics. Judgement allied to fundamental understanding of how an athlete thinks and how to get the best. Subtle and slightly understated. Heart not quite on the sleeve, passionate but controlled leadership.

Bill and Bob scenario...He's Bob..and Klopp is Bill..

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3061: Sep 28, 2022 06:29:58 pm
      No way Klopps is way above Pep
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3062: Sep 28, 2022 06:48:41 pm
      Pep does have the "bought the title" tag though .  Jürgen is our perfect fit just enjoy him while he is still here
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3063: Sep 29, 2022 10:37:41 am
      Pep does have the "bought the title" tag though .  Jürgen is our perfect fit just enjoy him while he is still here

Yeah I still say he’s to good for you lot.  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #3064: Sep 29, 2022 11:29:00 am

The man himself would disagree and he refused to manage your F***ing scruffs by the way
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #3065: Sep 29, 2022 12:39:39 pm

You've had 8 since Fungie retired..what amazed me was how you managed to avoid fat Sam Allardyce...."lump it one"..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3066: Sep 29, 2022 02:56:58 pm

speak to us when you are least the biggest team in your City you have become the Everton at the other end of the East Lancs.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3067: Sep 29, 2022 03:19:45 pm
      speak to us when you are least the biggest team in your City you have become the Everton at the other end of the East Lancs.

It maybe short lived but we're still on top of you lot.  ;)
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #3068: Sep 29, 2022 03:36:12 pm

Don't start this again...head to head in proper competitions..not stupid one off games..

Utd...20 league, 12 FA Cup. 5 League cup, 3 Champions league,1 Europa, 1 Cup winners cup..total 42

LFC...19 League, 8 FA Cup, 9 League cup, 6 Champions League, 3 Uefa cup....Total 45.

And even if you add in things like Charity shield it's still 69-67 in our favour..so yer not ahead of us..never will be..your stadium is falling to bits....better off supporting Salford City mush..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3069: Sep 29, 2022 04:24:44 pm

only in your twisted mind on your basis we have far more English League titles than you as you have more EPL over all we have more Silverware and I know it hurts but suck it up and ffs beat City this weekend
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3070: Sep 29, 2022 05:38:35 pm
       :lmao:

Going over some of you lads heads with the banter.  ;D
      You know I know we’re sh*te.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3071: Sep 29, 2022 05:40:02 pm
      only in your twisted mind on your basis we have far more English League titles than you as you have more EPL over all we have more Silverware and I know it hurts but suck it up and ffs beat City this weekend

Not on your Nellie, come on city  :P
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3072: Sep 30, 2022 06:17:49 pm
      Steady on mate. Fair enough to state Klopps the more complete manager due to working off a shoestring, but calling him overrated? Not many managers get consecutive league titles with multiple clubs across the top 3-4 leagues in Europe. Throw in a couple of cups, champions leagues and records for most consecutive games won in each of the leagues he’s managed in, and he’s going down as one of the most successfully managers of all time. You don’t have to like the guy or mafiosos his teams represents, but you have to take your hat off that his teams play mesmerising football at times.

I wholly agree with the volume of trophies he’s won, but really, don’t you think there are a number of top managers who could have achieved similar with the almost unlimited funds he’s had, at every club he’s managed.
      I’m not sure he could impose his success if he was managing Brighton, Villa, Leicester etc etc.
      80% of the achievement is down to having the money to buy the top players in world football. Even so, how is it he’s failed to win the CL with city, with the elite squads he’s had there. Surely that comes down to poor managment. 🤷‍♂️

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #3073: Sep 30, 2022 07:25:13 pm
      I wholly agree with the volume of trophies he’s won, but really, don’t you think there are a number of top managers who could have achieved similar with the almost unlimited funds he’s had, at every club he’s managed.
      I’m not sure he could impose his success if he was managing Brighton, Villa, Leicester etc etc.
      80% of the achievement is down to having the money to buy the top players in world football. Even so, how is it he’s failed to win the CL with city, with the elite squads he’s had there. Surely that comes down to poor managment. 🤷‍♂️

Don’t forget Bayern in fact his record in the champions league is average at best , he’s a cheque book manager .
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #3074: Sep 30, 2022 07:44:46 pm
      Done a great job since his arrival, including winning the Premier League title, which all LFC fans, wanted most of all !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #3075: Oct 01, 2022 07:53:41 am
      If we had got Pep and they had Klopp. Not sure Pep would suit us, bit unemotional. He's gifted, insightful, but the gut feeling is intense respect and his mastery of tactics. Judgement allied to fundamental understanding of how an athlete thinks and how to get the best. Subtle and slightly understated. Heart not quite on the sleeve, passionate but controlled leadership.

It’s not up for dispute!
      Nobody but Jürgen could operate and compete at top level under owners who refuse to back him financially when circumstances demand!
      Don77

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #3076: Oct 01, 2022 08:57:29 am

Fraudiola isn't in bobs league. 6 titles in 9 years. 3 European cups including back to back. Bob found some absolute gems and moulded them into greats. Great fella as well unlike the obsessed baldy who isn't. We've all seen 'pep' when he's rattled. Horrible winner and horrible loser. I wouldn't have him here. Wouldn't come he though would he. Imagine him having to operate on pretty much the tightest budget in the league and having to generate his own spends 🤣 the fraud would be lost. 2 1/2 billion at city and Munich and no European cups 🤣
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #3077: Oct 01, 2022 10:23:03 am
      Fraudiola isn't in bobs league. 6 titles in 9 years. 3 European cups including back to back. Bob found some absolute gems and moulded them into greats. Great fella as well unlike the obsessed baldy who isn't. We've all seen 'pep' when he's rattled. Horrible winner and horrible loser. I wouldn't have him here. Wouldn't come he though would he. Imagine him having to operate on pretty much the tightest budget in the league and having to generate his own spends 🤣 the fraud would be lost. 2 1/2 billion at city and Munich and no European cups 🤣

Not a hope in hell would he even contemplate managing LFC under our owners, the roll involves skills the fraud is devoid of!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3078: Oct 01, 2022 12:15:51 pm
      Please don’t compare Guardiola with Our Bob, they are absolutely streets apart, for example Bob had more technical nous on the end of his finger than Pep has had in his entire career, Period !!

Obviously a different era of football, but it was when football was still football and not completely fu**ed with corruption and oligarchs buying success, Bob would be spinning in his grave knowing the millions being spent in today’s game, yes Bob spent money, plenty of it but it’s counted in hundreds of thousands not hundreds of millions,

Every club Pep has managed he has inherited a group of players already established, already a going concern familiar with each other, playing as a unit in a system not too different from his own style, all he has had to do is tweak here and there and obviously introduce a higher calibre player here and there, he is the Epitome of a cheque book manager, he lives off his own fraudulent reputation as one of the best in the world where in actual fact, if you put say a Tony Mowbray level manager in where Pep has been it’s arguable not much would change,

Sir Bob, practically won the f***in lot with his humbling style, his quiet demeanour pulled the wool over many many eyes and he was as sleekit as they come, some of his signings were absolute genius, his very first signing turning Ray Kennedy from half decent forward to midfield maestro was indeed Genius, and thereafter built for me arguably the best Midfield 4 this club have ever had imo, Kennedy, Souness, Case, Macdermott, that 4 were  for me the proper ‘Fab Four’ and F**k all to do with insects,

What you do have to consider is that between 1974 - 1978 Liverpool were more or less still in transition, Bob took over a very good but ageing side, Ray was first to arrive in ‘74’ followed by Phil Neal, Terry Mac, Joey Jones, Dave Johnson, Kenny, Hansen, Souness, Alan Kennedy, Ronnie Whelan in ‘79’,  start of the eighties, he brought some skinny Welsh bloke from Wrexham,Ian Rush, a crazy Zimbabwean GK,Bruce Grobbalaar, a hairy arsed Aussie known as Skippy, Craig Johnson, Lawro from Brighton, Crisp munching maniac Stevie Nicol, and a thick Irishman called Beglin, there were others too who didn’t pull up too many trees to be fair but all in all that lot above cost a little under £4.4m, yes your eyes may well indeed water, but this is a measure of how much greedier football has become under the foresighted oligarchs,

Just imagine how much that lot would cost now ?, in his Nine years at the helm Sir Bob won THREE European cups, it’s called the Champions League now with its new hat on, but back then it was straight knock out over two legs H&A, so the draw itself was and could be dramatic, just your luck then if you were drawn against some backwater ale house team at the arse end of the Siberian peninsula,

Pep G is clearly a very good manager, he has a way of getting thru to whatever bunch of players he’s coaching, but I’d like to see him on a shoestring budget, I dunno maybe having too much money at your disposal actually undermines your own stamp and takes you down the buying for the sake of buying route, see the Grealish signing for a perfect example of that,

All I know for sure is, if you gave the financial freedom to Jürgen Klopp, akin to what Pep G has spent, I think we would all have to find a new sport, cos it would just become boring watching one club win absolutely everything season after season after season after season, wash rinse repeat,

Comparing Pep G with Sir Bob Paisley is utterly and completely futile, they virtually are miles apart in terms of man management, the structural rebuilding of a European super power, the tactical nous of a artist at work, and all in all the most humblest down to earth bloke ever to have graced the corridors of Anfield.

Y  N  W  A
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 275 
      Reply #3079: Oct 01, 2022 12:31:41 pm
      I think people are being to critical of Pep, he is a very good manager, has been very successful and won a lot of trophies. It's true that he is a check book manager but he gets the best out of his players, plays very attractive football and that's why the best players want to play for him. Tons of cash obviously helps to persuade them but playing for Pep is also a big draw.

Jürgen is a better manager in my opinion. I don't know much about his time at Mainz but he built a great team at Dortmund and obviously now at Liverpool. He's up with the best managers in British and European club football of the last 50 years. Stein, Shankly, Paisley, Cruyff, Fergie and some others.

IMO Pep is similar to Wenger. Tactically good, helped to change the way top teams play football but still some questions about their man management. Wenger also inherited a good team and made it better, Pep's done that at all his clubs.

Having a big check book is not a guarantee of success, look at Everton in the last 5 years. We all hate City but saying Pep is a crap manager is inaccurate, IMO.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3080: Oct 01, 2022 05:00:10 pm
      Poor season so far from the big man with some very strange tactics and player loyalty.
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #3081: Oct 01, 2022 05:03:04 pm
      Yep too much trust in some players and free run even when obvious they should be out or subbed .

Quick Reply